• Wtf
  • zzzz

Party Len is making friends

Friendly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Question Questions from a First-Timer / Prospective Crew

I've never been to ALCon before, and had considered it in the past, but never did get round to it.
      I would definitely like to attend this year, and helping out is something I'd considered in the past at another event.

As I've never been before, I would probably apply for the part-time role. This is 1 or 2 days, so how would my registration / ticketing work for the days I'm not working?
      Presumably I'd need to pay for the days I'm not working, or would a full weekend pass be granted? I'd likely work 2 days.

In the registration form, under Setup, you ask "Can you help with Setup the day before the event starts? For alcon we may be able to provide accommodation or floorspace"
      I'm assuming this means Thursday, or would this be Wednesday?

What day can we pick up our Wristbands / Con Badges?
      Do we need to do this every day, or would we be able to collect it on Thursday or Friday and be done with it?

Is it possible to book just accommodation?
      If we are having our tickets covered as crew, would we still need to register, and if not, could we just book accommodation?

Where would crew have to turn up, and when?
      Would we have to get some crew badge or something ahead of time?
      Can we stay at the con after our shift, or would we have to get changed and come back with a different badge?

One of the teams is cosplay cafe; would we be able to choose our cosplay, or would there be a certain theme to follow?

I have a job, and would not be able to travel until the Thursday, I'd likely not be able to start work until around 1pm earliest on the Thursday.
      What time can I grab my keys on check-in day?

What time does ALCon start each day?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'd like to be prepared before I register for anything, to be sure I'm able to do so.
      I appreciate any help with this.

Re: Questions from a First-Timer / Prospective Crew

Hey!
      Questions are good, it's always better to be prepared!

For most of these you would be best emailing crew@Anim eleague.com as Red Hat would be able to help with your queries and/or come to an arrangement that helps you with specific time/scheduling needs.

Generally when not crewing all you will need to do is take off the crew T-Shirt. A lot of crew will just take a spare shirt with them to change in to for breaks and such, there are no specific crew badges. The Con Badges you get are the same clan badges anyone can get at the convention. These badges can be collected from the Ops/Merch desk at any time during the con.
      Everyone is issued a single wristband for the con which you can get at the Registrations desk at any time. If it does happen to come off, just take it back to Registrations and they'll be able to help

Hopefully that helps some. Other specific questions can be answered by the crew email as I don't have all the details right now.

If you have any other questions about crewing in general however I'm more than happy to answer, I'll be at most cons this year save a few that I have other plans for those dates.

Friendly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

So if I'm working two of the days, I wouldn't need to register separately for a ticket for the other day/s?

I'll email them, but I'd want to fill in my registration for tickets if required soon, as I don't want to miss them and I'm not sure on how many are left and such.
      There's nothing you can't do in this world when you have a bit of intelligence and courage.

I am me.
      I'm the only me, right?
      And there isn't any other me but me.
      Isn't that right?

Queen of AL~
      meow meow meowww

Silly

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicStar View Post
      So if I'm working two of the days, I wouldn't need to register separately for a ticket for the other day/s?

I'll email them, but I'd want to fill in my registration for tickets if required soon, as I don't want to miss them and I'm not sure on how many are left and such.
      If you register for the weekend then we can mark you as paid for the days you are crewing then you'd just had to pay the remaining amount

Friendly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Thank you.
      That makes things a little easier to understand.
      I'll wait until I get an email back to settle a few things.
      Thank you.
      There's nothing you can't do in this world when you have a bit of intelligence and courage.

I am me.
      I'm the only me, right?
      And there isn't any other me but me.
      Isn't that right?

Administrator
      Everything happens for a reason. Whose reason?

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

As a note, we're away until Tuesday, but we'll answer those questions for you as soon as we can
      ---

Thread Information