The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: A&M Chat & Spam thread

Isn't that....the end?
      Well anyway did you like it? I had a weird thought last night that maybe you'd like it so I want to know if I was right.
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

Tempest
      Angry

Country
      Japan
      AL Points

You know I started watching Blue Gender even bought it thinking it'd be good, back in the day you had to buy before you could watch it.

Blue Gender was just unappealing to me and I dropped it I think like one or two episodes in and never picked it back up.

Klwen

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I watched it and Blue Seed some time back. I thought it was interesting variation on the apocalypse trope. They escape to the space station, where they then plan their counter-attack to take back the planet.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

hmm. I've only taken one shot at your tastes, and I guess that one we'll call it 50/50.
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

My tastes range widely and in unexpected directions. Have you ever seen "The Ultimate Teacher?"

A test subject has just escaped from a secret lab hidden underneath a wedding chapel - half-man and half-cockroach.

@Expendable

What are some of your top anime?

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)
      The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum—even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. (Noam Chomsky)

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
      My tastes range widely and in unexpected directions. Have you ever seen "The Ultimate Teacher?"

A test subject has just escaped from a secret lab hidden underneath a wedding chapel - half-man and half-cockroach.
      I don't think I've ever heard of it.
      doesn't sound like something I'd like.

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by unoduetre View Post
      @Expendable

What are some of your top anime?
      Kiki's Delivery Service
      Victoria Evergarden
      Cowboy Bebop
      FLCL
      Ghost in the Shell
      Ouran High School Host Club
      Ranma 1/2
      Haibane Renmei
      The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
      Your Name
      Gunslinger Girls
      Assassination Classroom
      Hell Girl
      Full Metal Alchemist
      Full Metal Panic!

@Expendable

Oh, so it seems you're into character focused ones with some drama.

PLEASE, NO: action, mecha, full realism (psychological realism + character realism + world realism), procedural dramas, detective stories, historical, sport, martial arts, fights, superheroes, game-like, samurai, music.
      ACCEPTABLE: weird, philosophical, full non-realism (all kinds: world: (magic, supernatural, horror, science-fiction, fantasy), character non-realism), romance, slice of life, negative emotions.
      OH, YES: comedy, drama, psychological, great characters, partial realism (psychological realism).

Is that more or less correct?

A side note:

Spoiler:  
      I'm not surprised that these are in your top tier, besides one. Assassination Classroom. Maybe it's somehow relatable to you personally, I suppose. (I only hope you're not a murderer, ha ha.) Or I just cannot appreciate it, ha ha.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum—even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. (Noam Chomsky)

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I couldn't get into Assassination Classroom.

Xabungle in the Jungle
      Toot Fucking Toot

Shy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
      Blue Seed
      Oh good now MYSTERIOUS TOKYO is stuck in my head.

@Citizen

You should watch some anime. Aren't you interested in Blade of the Immortal or Babylon? I don't know your favs, but my guts tell me you might like these.

Xabungle in the Jungle
      Toot Fucking Toot

Shy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

No one should ever watch any anime.

Xabungle in the Jungle
      Toot Fucking Toot

Shy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Momogari View Post
      I couldn't get into Assassination Classroom.

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by unoduetre View Post
      @Expendable

Oh, so it seems you're into character focused ones with some drama.

PLEASE, NO: action, mecha, full realism (psychological realism + character realism + world realism), procedural dramas, detective stories, historical, sport, martial arts, fights, superheroes, game-like, samurai, music.
      ACCEPTABLE: weird, philosophical, full non-realism (all kinds: world: (magic, supernatural, horror, science-fiction, fantasy), character non-realism), romance, slice of life, negative emotions.
      OH, YES: comedy, drama, psychological, great characters, partial realism (psychological realism).

Is that more or less correct?

A side note:

Spoiler:  
      I'm not surprised that these are in your top tier, besides one. Assassination Classroom. Maybe it's somehow relatable to you personally, I suppose. (I only hope you're not a murderer, ha ha.) Or I just cannot appreciate it, ha ha.
      Probably should have also thrown in there Akira, Appleseed, Area 88, The Big O, Black Magic M66, Carole and Tuesday, The Devil is a Part Timer, Eden of the East, Gunsmith Cats, Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon, No Game No Life, Perfect Blue, Paprika, Patlabor, Robotech, Summer Wars, Sword Art Online, The Tank Police, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Tokyo Godfathers, and You're Under Arrest.
      I've watched some of the first season of Psycho-Pass and Ergo Proxy but never got back to it. A fair amount of Tenchi, but not consecutively.

Ghost in the Shell's Public Security Section 9 is a counter-terrorism task force with law enforcement powers. They use Tachikoma in the tv series - AI mecha.
      Full Metal Panik is another series using a counter-terrorism task force with mecha.

I enjoy action, mecha, full realism, procedural dramas, detective stories, historical, martial arts, fights, superheroes, game-like, samurai, music. Science Fiction and Ships are a big Oh Yes. Androids and cyborgs will get my attention.

Not big on sports, like the one where the girls use their hips to battle? Yeah, not appealing to me. I am into character focused anime. Love Zatoichi. Big Sherlock Holmes fan. Chemistry project in school was on forensic science, which was before I even heard about CSI. I like humor, sometimes it feels there's not enough of it in this world. I dissected The Shining while watching it and disturbed the guy who asked me how many times I'd watched it when told him it was my first time.

I do love unusual, unexpected situations, like Assassination Classroom or Tokyo Godfathers. Sometimes I like to watch them to see how they play out.
      Last edited by Expendable; 10-23-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread Information