• Achy
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arty
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bitey
  • Cocky
  • Content
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Doh!
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Friendly
  • Fussy
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Horny
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Laughing
  • Loved
  • Ninja'ed
  • No Mood
  • Pervy
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 15 of 21

    1. #1

      Hello!

      Well, since some members suggested making an introduction post, here it is! I don't think I'm very good introducing myself, though.

      My name is Laura, I'm 24 and I was born and raised in Brazil (I still live here/there), that means English is not my mother tongue so I might write in a wrong/unusual way (if it's wrong pleeeease correct it).

      I started watching anime when I was a kid, I grew up during an "anime boom" on television here so there were many to watch. I remember loving Pokemon and Dragonball Z but my "turning point" to start looking for more was Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac. This one is veeeery popular here, but I know it's not a big thing either in the UK nor the US (but it's getting a Netflix reboot this year, so who knows).

      I also like sports a lot, I love playing football/soccer since I was a kid (that's very typical for a brazillian, I know) and I also love anime about sports! Captain Tsubasa also was on TV back in my childhood days and I was glue to it, especially bc I knew Tsubasa would eventually play in the team I support here (but I dropped the show after he went to play in Europe lol). But anyways, I like other sports like basketball, tennis and water sports in general.

      Anyways, I also play games and read manga and books (it's been a while I haven't read a fiction book though, graduating made me start reading most academical things).

      I guess that's it. lol
       

    2. #2

      Re: Hello!

      @pxjk

      Hello! Welcome to our friendly forum.

      All anime you mentioned are also well known in Poland.

      What are some of your favourite anime?

      I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)

    3. #3

      Re: Hello!

      Quote Originally Posted by unoduetre View Post

      Hello! Welcome to our friendly forum.

      All anime you mentioned are also well known in Poland.

      What are some of your favourite anime?
      Thanks! Really??? I didn't know Saint Seiya was known outside LatAm, France and maybe Italy. That miiight be why they called a Polish guy to direct a live-action movie (I don't remember his name, sorry ).

      My favourite animes are (except the first one, it's not in any order):
      - Twin Spica
      - Hungry Heart Wild Striker
      - Saint Seiya
      - Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
      - Initial D
      - Madoka Magica
      - Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan
      - Utena
      - Oremonogatari
      - Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran
      - Ouran High School Host Club

      This is what I remember now. lol
       

    4. #4

      Re: Hello!

      Yeah, Tomasz Bagiński is the director. And another Polish guy cowrites the script for that (Błażej Dzikowski).

      I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)

    5. #5

      Re: Hello!

      Quote Originally Posted by unoduetre View Post
      Yeah, Tomasz Bagiński is the director. And another Polish guy cowrites the script for that (Błażej Dzikowski).
      Yeah, that's it! It felt a bit odd to me they chose non-japanese and non-chinese people to write and direct the movie because this was announced as a Chinese production, fans here thought it was aimed at Chinese audience. But, considering other news, I think now this might be aimed at international market (maybeee hoping Netflix will make this series a hit)

      I know Bagiński is well regarded in the animation field and it's good to know he probably have heard of it and might even be a fan, I still don't think Saint Seiya would be good in a live-action version, buuut someone who's kinda familiar with the story's universe miiiight do a miracle here. I don't know anything about Dzikowski.

      Despite being really skeptical about this movie, I'll surely watch it and hope everyone does a good job! It'd be nice to have more people to talk about Saint Seiya. xD
       

    6. #6
      EH Head Moderator
      Bored
       
      Depressed
       
      IkkleGemz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Country
      UK
      Posts
      4,940
      AL Points
      25,291

      Re: Hello!

      Hi again @pxjk

      Glad you made an into, it's a great one. Not seen most of those anime but I keep meaning to watch Initial D
      Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
      Come say hi in Entrance Hall and join in our events! || My Journal ||
      All art by Catacombs

    7. #7
      Mod
      There’s always one...
       
      Annoyed
       
      H03nn89's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Country
      UK
      Posts
      10,631
      AL Points
      17,012

      Re: Hello!

      Hi and welcome to AL!

    8. #8
      Moderator
      thought I would get a break today, but it looks like I have
       
      brycec's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2017
      Country
      USA
      Posts
      1,561
      AL Points
      8,916

      Re: Hello!

      Hello again.

      I have seen and also liked Madoka, but not quite as much as other series.

      What manga do you enjoy?
      read my reviews at my blog.

    9. #9
      Canadians Rock
      zzzz
       
      Ttosk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Country
      Canada
      Posts
      5,469
      AL Points
      7,267

      Re: Hello!

      Welcome to AL. Yout Emblish seems quite to me.

      The anime boom stred in Canada in 1995. that is when I started.

      I haeve only seen Madoka Magica, Utena, Ouran High School Host Club, and Saint Seiya (little) which os surpricne I seen a lot of anime.

      If you need anything you send me even upi just want to talk. Hope you have fun here.

    10. #10
      Done Being Nice
       
      Angry
       
      Nova's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Country
      blank
      Posts
      2,529
      AL Points
      3,956

      Re: Hello!

      Hiya and welcome to Al
       

    11. #11

      Re: Hello!

      Quote Originally Posted by pxjk View Post
      Yeah, that's it! It felt a bit odd to me they chose non-japanese and non-chinese people to write and direct the movie because this was announced as a Chinese production, fans here thought it was aimed at Chinese audience. But, considering other news, I think now this might be aimed at international market (maybeee hoping Netflix will make this series a hit)

      I know Bagiński is well regarded in the animation field and it's good to know he probably have heard of it and might even be a fan, I still don't think Saint Seiya would be good in a live-action version, buuut someone who's kinda familiar with the story's universe miiiight do a miracle here. I don't know anything about Dzikowski.

      Despite being really skeptical about this movie, I'll surely watch it and hope everyone does a good job! It'd be nice to have more people to talk about Saint Seiya. xD

      Yeah, Bagiński is pretty famous. I don't know much about Dzikowski either. I only know that he's a writer and he was a temporary editor-in-chief for the time being of Nowa Fantastyka (the most important Polish sci-fi/fantasy/horror magazine).

      They also cooperated on Legendy Polskie (Polish Legends) (Bagiński - the director, Dzikowski - the screenwriter), a series of short films very loosely based on Polish legends. I assume the cooperation went well and that's why they wanted do it again.

      Legendy Polskie (the English subtitles can be turned on through YouTube):
        Spoiler:  










      That's all I know about Dzikowski.

      I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)

    12. #12
      Moderator
      zzzz
       
      Teeny's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      Country
      UK
      Posts
      3,253
      AL Points
      7,385

      Re: Hello!

      Hi again @pxjk !
      Hope you are enjoying Anime League so far.

      I also really enjoyed watching Madoka Magica & Oremonogari!

      🍒🍒🍒
      Signature GIF made by HentaiSenpai

      ALJournals Moderator Entrance Hall Assistant
      Join in with this weeksEntrance Hall Ice Breaker!

        Spoiler:  

    13. #13
      Moderator
      Master Gemz Servant
       
      Piratey
       
      Cmartins's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Country
      Portugal
      Posts
      1,523
      AL Points
      3,068

      Re: Hello!

      Welcome to AL @pxjk

      Finally someone who speaks the same language as me and who encounters the same difficulties.
      I really hope that you enjoy the forum and make some new friends, and if you need someone to speak with in Portuguese you can always send me a PM
      If you need anything feel free to let me know


    14. #14
      Assistant
      Happy
       
      Endynyp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Country
      UK
      Posts
      513
      AL Points
      2,914

      Re: Hello!

      Quote Originally Posted by pxjk View Post
      Thanks! Really??? I didn't know Saint Seiya was known outside LatAm, France and maybe Italy. That miiight be why they called a Polish guy to direct a live-action movie (I don't remember his name, sorry ).

      My favourite animes are (except the first one, it's not in any order):
      - Twin Spica
      - Hungry Heart Wild Striker
      - Saint Seiya
      - Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
      - Initial D
      - Madoka Magica
      - Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan
      - Utena
      - Oremonogatari
      - Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran
      - Ouran High School Host Club

      This is what I remember now. lol
      Hello!!!! @pxjk I'm so glad you started your own thread. I love love love Ouran High school Host Club (I like others on your list too, but that is my fav of this group). Who is your favorite host?
      “There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable.” – Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic

    15. #15

      Re: Hello!

      Quote Originally Posted by brycec View Post

      What manga do you enjoy?
      It's basically the same thing. I usually watch an anime and then go after the manga (but I don't have much patience reading online so I mostly read licensed stuff). There are though some licensed stuff I buy without watching anything, but it doesn't happen too often, so generally it's something like that list. I would just add Tezuka works, I think that's the only author I had read a lot of things without ever watching the animated-versions.


      Quote Originally Posted by unoduetre View Post
      Yeah, Bagiński is pretty famous. I don't know much about Dzikowski either. I only know that he's a writer and he was a temporary editor-in-chief for the time being of Nowa Fantastyka (the most important Polish sci-fi/fantasy/horror magazine).

      They also cooperated on Legendy Polskie (Polish Legends) (Bagiński - the director, Dzikowski - the screenwriter), a series of short films very loosely based on Polish legends. I assume the cooperation went well and that's why they wanted do it again.

      (...)

      That's all I know about Dzikowski.
      Thank you!! I'll be surely checking those videos later!
      Btw, do you like Saint Seiya too?




      Quote Originally Posted by Cmartins View Post
      Welcome to AL @pxjk

      Finally someone who speaks the same language as me and who encounters the same difficulties.
      I really hope that you enjoy the forum and make some new friends, and if you need someone to speak with in Portuguese you can always send me a PM
      If you need anything feel free to let me know

      Aaah, nice to know someone else speaks Portuguese! Are you from Portugal?


      Quote Originally Posted by Endynyp View Post
      Hello!!!! @pxjk Who is your favorite host?
      Haruhi, haha. Leaving her aside, I think it's Tamaki, I love how clueless he is about everything. Lol


      Thanks everyone else who posted (special thanks to the user who complimented my English). Sorry for making these long posts witb quotes, it's just that it seems the easier way on Tapatalk.
       

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Animeleague Uses Cookies!
    We use cookies to store session information to remember your login information, to save your website preferences, to provide other functions such as our chat room and to analyse our web traffic. Read our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.
    Please let us know your cookie preferences.