• Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Spring 2019 Anime Summaries and Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Momogari View Post
      Oh Fruits Basket has a new adaptation? Is that what you're watching, not the old one?

And I liked Hinamatsuri, I don't think I completely finished it though. I didn't know there's a new one. I'll watch it.
      Yeah, the new Fruits Basket is a remake which will be more faithful to the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Momogari View Post
      What is BSD in this context?
      Bungou Stray Dogs

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)
      The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum容ven encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. (Noam Chomsky)

I am who I am :)

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I liked the first ep of Fruits Basket. Added to my CR queue

Also added Midnight Occult Civil Servants as first ep was good enough for me to want to watch second at least haha.

Looking forward o having new series to watch

Jumping On My Bed!

Awesome

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Awaits fresh news from that anime world! ^^

Is it a new Fruits Basket?

The original is an excellent anime.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

Do you happen to have a weak spot for fox girls?

🦊

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum容ven encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. (Noam Chomsky)

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

needs moar fluff

I'll also try, if I can, Kenja no Mago, Fairy Gone, Carol and Tuesday, YU-NO, RobiHachi, and Amazing Stranger.
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

I've seen most 1st eps now so I have a general idea about this season. I think I'll prepare a preliminary version soon.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I saw ep 1 of Fairy Gone. Seems decent so far.

Yeah. And visually it's one of the best shows in this season.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

RobiHachi is...entertaining. Though the first several versions of this show I've seen before are less annoying, too.

Yeah, but there is something good about it being annoying.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Well Valerian and Laureline was an annoying version of this show too, but it was annoying because it was intentionally campy and a nod to pulp scifi while producing an all-ages show that didn't take itself too seriously. It was annoying, but it worked.

RobiHachi is like...LET'S TAKE SOME SPEED AND MAKE SPACE DANDY ON SPEED

I don't know. The first episode was entertaining though.

I think we need more than 1 episode to properly evaluate it.

@Momogari

You can take a look at the first post of this thread and let me know if you see any bias.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information