• Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I exist!

Arty

Country
      blank
      AL Points

Re: New here and want to meet like minded people!

Hey there @Smileymaniak and welcome to Anime League!
      I see No Game no Life on the very top of your list.
      Loved that anime.
      (BUT WHY IS THERE NO S2??)

Assassination Classroom
      in my heart forever.
      ❤️

Innocent

Country
      UK
      AL Points

OMG! So many posts!
      I've been AFK for a couple of days because I've been a bit burnt out from work in the evenings, then I come back to this!! You guys are the best

@Banri Yeah, I love those kinds of anime, I'll check out your suggestions for sure! This buddy thing sounds intriguing, whats the scoop, anything I should know first?

@Teeny Well I'll be honest, I used to when I was a lot younger but it's been over fifteen years since I was really active on anything think back then it was things like Habbo and Neopets *the shame*.
      Easter event sounds fun though! What's involved, is there a place I can get more info on things like events and stuff, still haven't had a chance to fully explore the place yet. It's...so...big... *_*'
      Bristol will be my second, went to MCM in London a couple of years ago that was great though it was with my ex and her friends so will be nice to go at my own pace this time instead of being pulled all over the place.
      I LOVE the Elder Scrolls games! except Online and F76 *I don't know how to emoji so insert pukey face here* But yeah, 6 looks pretty based on the teaser, I don't get all the controversy over the games engine debate thing that's been going around, you seen it?

@Elgood81 OMG IT'S ADORABLE! :3 Feel free to Nep me anytime! although.. you're going to hate me I haven't watched Hyperdimension Neptunia yet...BUT IT'S ON MY LIST I SWEAR!! there are just so many pretty anime's out there T-T

@unoduetre Thanks for your warm welcome! I do enjoy the culture around anime, just bought some cool prints from Displate. They are like A3 metal canvas' that you hang up using magnets so no need for nails or screws or anything which is great cus I'm renting at the moment while I save for a house deposit. If I ever workout how to post photo's I'll show you. ^_^
      I get what you mean about RWBY but in my defense I did 3D Animation in University so I have a broad love of animations in general and it has the anime style

@brycec What sort of games are you playing on PC at the moment? I have a PS4 too I mostly bought it for my gf cus she was always playing on her phone whenever she comes over and I didn't want her to be bored when I was doing other stuff. I've played God of War and Monster Hunter on it but I've kind of neglected it since I got my Switch. I completely agree about the controllers thing though, Nintendo chop and change too much, the Joy controllers that came with the switch are ridicules. I can barely hold them cus they are so small T-T I had to go buy 2 pro controllers because I couldn't play Smash Bros or Mario Kart with them at all.

@Endynyp Hi! Thanks for the welcome ^_^
      Bit embarrassing but I do love my fan service >.< so anything ecchi and i'm sold pretty much. My favorites so far have been the trapped in another world style anime's:
      SAO, Log Horizon, No game no life, in another world with my smart phone, And you thought there is never a girl online?, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, etc.
      To be honest I'll watch almost anything, Beserk was my limit though, shit got weird in part 2 and even I felt violated. #50shadesofanime

@IkkleGemz Hi there! Thank you for the welcome
      Yeah I'm not sure they'd be everyone's cup of tea. Are there any you enjoy that you'd recommend?

@Galaxy Thank you! This place is great ^_^
      Yeah it's one of my favorites!
      I've seen S2 and the movie If I put all the seasons and movies I've watched on that list too though it would be way too long >.< Just wanted to give everyone a feel for what I'm into.
      The movie was amazing and if you haven't watched it you need to! ...so good. ^_____^
      You obviously have great taste in anime though so if you have any suggestions I'd be happy to check them out!
      P.S. Love the AC Signature btw!

Thanks again everyone for the super friendly welcomes! It's great to see that there are still some safe havens on the internet.
      I honestly loose faith in humanity sometimes when I see what people are like on the internet but places like this really help so thank you everyone!

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Hi! @Smileymaniak

The buddy system is where new members are paired with a buddy from this section (the Entrance Hall), it's a way to help new members make their first friend here at Anime League

Innocent

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Banri

Sounds good!
      Do you guys give me a buddy or do I need to go out and trap one myself?

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@IkkleGemz - please can you use your magic powers to bring our new member a buddy, thanks

@Smileymaniak - a buddy will be along soon

Quote Originally Posted by Smileymaniak View Post
      @unoduetre Thanks for your warm welcome! I do enjoy the culture around anime, just bought some cool prints from Displate. They are like A3 metal canvas' that you hang up using magnets so no need for nails or screws or anything which is great cus I'm renting at the moment while I save for a house deposit. If I ever workout how to post photo's I'll show you. ^_^
      I get what you mean about RWBY but in my defense I did 3D Animation in University so I have a broad love of animations in general and it has the anime style
      Yup, it definitely has some anime style.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
      Information wants to be free. (Stewart Brand)

Innocent

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Banri View Post
      @IkkleGemz - please can you use your magic powers to bring our new member a buddy, thanks

@Smileymaniak - a buddy will be along soon
      @Banri Awww, I had my net ready and everything!

Last edited by Smileymaniak; 04-07-2019 at 03:20 PM. Reason: no gif :'(

thought I would get a break today, but it looks like I have

Country
      USA
      AL Points

@Smileymaniak I just have a dual shock 4, not a PS4. Only consoles I have are PS2 and Wii.

As for games being played, none at the moment, but I did play DQ 11 and Trails in the Sky 3 most recently. I also played DB FighterZ, but I prefer DBZ Budokai 3 on the PS2.

I have played Mario Kart on the Switch and the joy con really made my hand uncomfortable.
      read my reviews at my blog.

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Teeny Well I'll be honest, I used to when I was a lot younger but it's been over fifteen years since I was really active on anything think back then it was things like Habbo and Neopets *the shame*.
      Easter event sounds fun though! What's involved, is there a place I can get more info on things like events and stuff, still haven't had a chance to fully explore the place yet. It's...so...big... *_*'
      Bristol will be my second, went to MCM in London a couple of years ago that was great though it was with my ex and her friends so will be nice to go at my own pace this time instead of being pulled all over the place.
      I LOVE the Elder Scrolls games! except Online and F76 *I don't know how to emoji so insert pukey face here* But yeah, 6 looks pretty based on the teaser, I don't get all the controversy over the games engine debate thing that's been going around, you seen it?
      Aaaah Habbo & Neopets! I remember those days...goodtimes!
      The events on the forum will just happen in the sections. Each section, Entrance Hall, General Discussion, AL Journals etc should all have an Easter event that everyone can get involved with, those that participate have the chance to win points/awards. They are fun, keep you eyes out for them soon It is a big place to explore & you'll find out where you like to hang out best in time What I did was start off being active in a couple of sections, and then browsed a bit further as I got to know the forum a bit better
      I've played a little of Elder Scrolls Online but I never really got into it unfortunately, I've never really been a big fan of MMOs though.

🍒🍒🍒
      Signature GIF made by HentaiSenpai

Spoiler:  

EH Head Moderator
      Bored

Depressed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Smileymaniak not that I can think of at the moment, I'm hopeless at recommending
      Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
      Come say hi in Entrance Hall and join in our events! || My Journal ||
      All art by Catacombs

EH Head Moderator
      Bored

Depressed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

A buddy has been organised who should be in touch soon. Let me know if you do not hear anything
      Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
      Come say hi in Entrance Hall and join in our events! || My Journal ||
      All art by Catacombs

Innocent

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by brycec View Post
      @Smileymaniak I just have a dual shock 4, not a PS4. Only consoles I have are PS2 and Wii.

As for games being played, none at the moment, but I did play DQ 11 and Trails in the Sky 3 most recently. I also played DB FighterZ, but I prefer DBZ Budokai 3 on the PS2.

I have played Mario Kart on the Switch and the joy con really made my hand uncomfortable.
      @brycec
      THE PS2 IS LEGENDARY!! So many memories ^_____^
      I've not played many DBZ games, I confess I've not even watched the anime yet. It's on my to-do-list but to be honest I'm having trouble finding out where to start, seems like "Dragon Ball" got released before any of the others so I guess I should start there.
      Yeah, Joy cons are a bit of a joke. Seems like they just tried to recreate the Wii controller and make it cool n edgy.
      Don't get me wrong, I think it's great they are trying to innovate and make cool new tech like controllers that attach and make it portable but still. Feels like they could have gotten the same results by just putting the accelerometer and gyro technology in a wristband or something.

Aaaah Habbo & Neopets! I remember those days...goodtimes!
      The events on the forum will just happen in the sections. Each section, Entrance Hall, General Discussion, AL Journals etc should all have an Easter event that everyone can get involved with, those that participate have the chance to win points/awards. They are fun, keep you eyes out for them soon It is a big place to explore & you'll find out where you like to hang out best in time What I did was start off being active in a couple of sections, and then browsed a bit further as I got to know the forum a bit better
      I've played a little of Elder Scrolls Online but I never really got into it unfortunately, I've never really been a big fan of MMOs though.
      @Teeny
      The dragon lamps on Habbo were the best!! *squeee* >.<
      That sounds like some good advice, I'm currently checking out a few places that people have been kind enough to direct me to.
      I'll keep my eyes peeled for the events though, you've made them sound really fun and I'm now intrigued! ...When I get board I go achievement hunting so this maybe a slippery slope...
      Yeah I know what you mean, I used to like MMOs but I just don't have the time or energy to grind day after day anymore. My last stint at an MMO was WOW like 6 years ago in Uni. I mostly just play RPGs, casual, action adventure, some indie etc.

@Smileymaniak not that I can think of at the moment, I'm hopeless at recommending
      @IkkleGemz Hey no problem! If you think of anything in the future, PM me
      P.S. Thanks for finding me a buddy!

Spoiler:  

-Stole the idea from GraceMellody after seeing hers :3

https://myanimelist.net/profile/Smileymaniak

thought I would get a break today, but it looks like I have

Country
      USA
      AL Points

@brycec
      THE PS2 IS LEGENDARY!! So many memories ^_____^

It was definitely among the best, especially since you always got a complete game, unlike today, where DQ 11 seems to be the only game that was pretty much complete upon release.

I've not played many DBZ games, I confess I've not even watched the anime yet. It's on my to-do-list but to be honest I'm having trouble finding out where to start, seems like "Dragon Ball" got released before any of the others so I guess I should start there.
      Dragon Ball is the first, but it does not really matter where you start. The only exception would probably be Super, since only the fans of Dragon Ball tend to follow that. The DBZ games do not really rely on knowledge on the series, as they are just fighting games and can be fun, though they are still targeted at DB fans.

Yeah, Joy cons are a bit of a joke. Seems like they just tried to recreate the Wii controller and make it cool n edgy.
      Don't get me wrong, I think it's great they are trying to innovate and make cool new tech like controllers that attach and make it portable but still. Feels like they could have gotten the same results by just putting the accelerometer and gyro technology in a wristband or something.
      I can agree with that, in addition to making it more friendly for one handed play. I think the last Nintendo system I could fully appreciate was the N64, as I had better access to everything.
      read my reviews at my blog.

GD Head Neperator
      Nep Nep Nepu!

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Elgood81 OMG IT'S ADORABLE! :3 Feel free to Nep me anytime! although.. you're going to hate me I haven't watched Hyperdimension Neptunia yet...BUT IT'S ON MY LIST I SWEAR!! there are just so many pretty anime's out there T-T
      Don't worry, I'll bring you over to the Nep side.
      top nep.png
      but it's not just an anime, it's a whole franchise of video games as well. I'm playing the latest one, Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online (but I wish I got in the beta for super neptunia RPG for PC)

Spoiler:  

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Endynyp Hi! Thanks for the welcome ^_^
      Bit embarrassing but I do love my fan service >.< so anything ecchi and i'm sold pretty much. My favorites so far have been the trapped in another world style anime's:
      SAO, Log Horizon, No game no life, in another world with my smart phone, And you thought there is never a girl online?, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, etc.
      To be honest I'll watch almost anything, Beserk was my limit though, shit got weird in part 2 and even I felt violated. #50shadesofanime
      Lol. You should never feel embarrassed about what you like. Also, I totally agree about Berserk, (lol: 50shadesofanime, lol) though I never made it to the second season. Couldn't do it. I super love Isekai (trapped in another world style) animes too. I have been living for That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. And I thought I was the only one who liked In another world with my smartphone. I really liked it.
      “There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable.” – Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information