• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Administrator
      Let's Get Down to Business.

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Important changes for Alcon this year [Please Read]

With just six months to go now until Alcon, the time has come to start revealing more of what we have planned for the event. Every week for the next month we shall be doing a major announcement. Today we can reveal a number of significant changes we're making to Alcon this year to help ensure a better run event, one that is focused on quality over quantity and an event that is a genuine revival.

#1. For this year we will be using the Campus Centre Building only, but ALL of the building instead of barely over half of it. Last year's attendees will recall there was several empty areas last year and unused rooms. This will mean less walking overall and a closer and more cohesive event with everything being a lot easier to find.
      #2. We will be reducing the number of days to Friday, Saturday and Sunday only. This will see a less overstretched crew and allow us to focus on quality over quantity for the events and activities we put on.
      #3. Accommodation will still be available Thursday for those who want to come in for this and can be collected from 2pm onward. We'll be moving Lazer Quest to Thursday evening, and will be encouraging meets across the day. We will also be running a small meet and greet party in the common lounge at the accommodation between 10pm and 2am. This is an area in Liberty that can fit about 80-100 people and is an area we'll be encouraging our attendees who stay over to use across the event.
      #4. This one is a major change; under 18s will be allowed at the event until 6pm to help bring in the next generation long term. This won't impact what is at the event nor the usual night time entertainment which will be 18+ as well as the accommodation being 18+. We'll be pushing the event as both Alcon AND as Leicester Anime & Gaming Con - this will help see a bigger attendance.
      #5. Guests, parties, activities and events will remain largely unimpacted by these changes. There'll still be the usual dealers, video gaming, tabletop, artists, panels and so forth. Accommodation remains the same.
      #6. Following feedback on the event pricing, we will be holding the price for the entire event at 29 for this year. We want to put on a good event for everyone at a price they can afford.
      #7. Major upgrades to VIP membership will make it better value for everyone. In addition to the meet and greet and VIP reception, we will ensure that all stage events have VIP seating this year. The canvass conbags will also return for VIP members (these will be also available for 10 for anyone who wants the bag and not the VIP upgrade). Finally, we will be reducing the pricing on VIP update to 20 from it's previous 25. We want to give our VIP members a great deal this year - we hope these changes reward those who pay that little bit more to help support the event.
      #8. The Animeleague Events app continues to be worked on! This will be released in it's alpha version next month at Manchester Anime & Gaming Con. Features will include alerts, informing you of any event changes/cancellations and further information on each event, as well as being able to signup for events such as the Cosplay Masquerade directly via the app.

We hope that these changes make it clear to everyone that this year will see a lot of changes that will see a better run, smoother and more fun event for everyone. If anyone has any questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to ask or email us on registrations@animeleague.com

We'll be revealing more events, guests and party information over the next few weeks, so make sure to check out the Alcon Revival forums for all the latest updates. And as always, we also encourage everyone to check out and get involved with our other Anime & Gaming Con events which you can view at https://www.animeleague.com/events Thank you all!
      ---

The Orange Idol~
      cant hold on much longer BUT I WILL NEVER LET GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cocky

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: Important changes for Alcon this year [Please Read]

These all sound like really positive changes and i'm even more excited for the event this year! It'll be a lot nicer having everything together in one building <3
      ~UK Based Idol~
      ~Member of One Wish~
      ~General Discussion HMod / Chatroom Mod / Cosplay & Meets Central Mod / Creative Arts & Writing Mod / Ravenclaw Head Girl~
      Basically feel free to ask me anything!

Spoiler:  

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Sounds perfect, a like a whole lot less hassle and running around between buildings (i hate running) 😜 im all for the changes, bring on the future of alcon!

I GOT IT. (a job)

Awesome

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

these idea sound alright.

Queen of AL~
      Cosplay came early!!!

Friendly

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

This means I don't have to run between two buildings when technical difficulties happen so means I can focus on stage events more

Thanks Nocchi for the sig~

Facebook|| Youtube ||

They all sound like positive and needed changes, I personally like the less running around bit, lol 🤣😂

I honestly think the changes will make a better event and make it better for the future too..

Neperator
      Nep Nep Nepu!

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

sometimes change can be a positive thing, I wasn't around last year but this sounds good.

Spoiler:  

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

These seem pretty positive changes. I like the idea that everything is in one building so we no longer need to rush between buildings to get to panels or workshops. Plus it sounds like you're using the SU more wisely. I hope there's plenty of space for dealers as Queens was always rather tight.

As a VIP member I appreciate the positive changes here.

Also, I'm happy that it's open to younger people during the day. It will help the anime and cosplay reputation as being family friendly rather than dark and seedy as unfortunately some people see it.

Sailing the good ship Destiel!

"Keelhaul the filthy landlubber, send him down to the depths below. Make that b*****d walk the plank, with a bottle of rum and a YO HO HO!" ~ Alestorm
      "We are here to drink your beer and steel your rum at the point of a gun! Your alcohol to us will fall, 'cause we are here to drink your beer! DRINK!!" ~ Alestorm

I can't wait for these changes to be in place. Its gonna be so much easier to get to things.

Plus the that we can now fully showcase our displays to the younger generation (God I feel old saying that)

really looking forward to this years event it shoud be fun and we will have a lot more friends X)

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

It’s gonna be great no matter what but having it all in 1 building will be easier if you got the rooms to fit it lol, if you have unused rooms in 1 building it’s defo better to make more use of it
      So glad you guys kept the Thursday night accom, Thursday has always been a drink n chill night for me n mates anyway n would have been sad to lose the extra day
      Bleed for me
      Scream for me
      Love and Worship me

All sounds good except for losing Thursday Guess I'll have to cram more into the time I'm there

looking forward to these changes. i can travel up on Thursday with out missing any time

It'll be a very refreshing change I feel. Having everything a little more centralized and easier to manage as a whole. I'm really looking forward to it!

Headpat Master~
      DUNE ANGLER ALERT >_>

Friendly

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty050 View Post
      It’s gonna be great no matter what but having it all in 1 building will be easier if you got the rooms to fit it lol, if you have unused rooms in 1 building it’s defo better to make more use of it
      So glad you guys kept the Thursday night accom, Thursday has always been a drink n chill night for me n mates anyway n would have been sad to lose the extra day
      I'm looking forward to the Thursday party in the common room at Liberty. I remember discovering that common room at the end of Alcon last year, it'll be good to use it this time. Plus also pre-con chill with people after we've done the setup stuff
      Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalJed
      I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information