• Sad
  • Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Entrance Hall Check-In - ask questions, get buddies or help out in Entrance Hall

Name and Age: Louis-Sacha, 21.
      Who/What Brought Me Here:A friend told me about the London anime and gaming con, so I booked some tickets to go.
      Hobbies/Interests: Manga, Video games, I love reading and drawing.
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: I'm french, I do studies in graphic design, but after my BA I will go do games design. I'm a bit shy, I end up to be a bit awkward, so when people feel like they are, I can relate to them without problem.
      Do you Want a Buddy: yaaaay, always good to have a buddy!
      yeah... now I'm hoping I posted in the right place, I never went to forums before...

Emmet's off to do some writing.

Arty

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Entrance Hall Check-In - ask questions, get buddies or help out in Entrance Hall

Welcome to the Anime League community @Louis-Sacha !

It's great too see your going to the London convention, hope you have a good time!

Will this be your first convention or have you been to any before?
      - Emmet

MAL: EmmetUK

Content

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Entrance Hall Check-In - ask questions, get buddies or help out in Entrance Hall

Hi @Louis-Sacha

Welcome to Anime League!
      Hope you have a great time at the con!
      Feel free to check out the weekly Ice Breaker in the main Entrance Hall
      It's a great way for new users to get to know others in the forum and for others to get to know you better too!

Spoiler:  

thought I would get a break today, but it looks like I have

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kind of confusing, but oh well. I'll put up with it.

Welcome to the community.

I hope you enjoy your time here, as everyone is fairly friendly.

Somebody should be around soon to arrange a buddy for you. In the meantime, I highly suggest you take up @Teeny 's suggestion.

What are some of your favorite manga?
      read my reviews at my blog.

EZ & EH Moderator
      LUDO CALL THE ROCKS!!!

Awesome

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Hello @Louis-Sacha welcome to AL! I hope you have a fab time at the con You are in very good company here, a fair few of us can be shy and awkward so I'm sure you'll fit right in! What sort of books do you read?

Assistant
      Friendly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Louis-Sacha Welcome!!! You're going to love it here! That's really cool that you're going to do games design. Do you know where?

Canadians Rock
      zzzz

Country
      Canada
      AL Points

Welcome to AL @Louis-Sacha . I hope ypu have fun at the con.

Have fun on AL.

Thank you everyone for your kind words!

so, to respond to Emmet, yes, it will be my first convention, I'm very exited, but a bit anxious...

thank you teeny (aka Kakyoin) I'll check this once i'll understand how everything works...

Brycec, my favourite mangas are (I think) jojo's bizarre adventure, Full metal knights chevalion (but I don't think it was translated in english), Ryu No michi, saint seya, Gunnm and many more, I also like anime, I'm fond of cowboy bebop. and I begin to have some interest for tokusatsu and old live shows (change leopardon !) ....aaarg, I cant stoop!

Pixiedora, I usually read fantasy and Sci-Fi books, but for my studies I try to focus more on design and Games books.

Endynyp, I'm going to study at LCC in london, it stands for London College of Communication near Elephant and Castle station.

thank you Ttosk, I hope so!

thank you all, please, don't hesitate to give me advices, and corrections, first forum, everything seems complicated, but I'll do my best to keep up, I'm already so happy to be here!

EZ & EH Moderator
      LUDO CALL THE ROCKS!!!

Awesome

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Louis-Sacha View Post

Pixiedora, I usually read fantasy and Sci-Fi books, but for my studies I try to focus more on design and Games books.

thank you all, please, don't hesitate to give me advices, and corrections, first forum, everything seems complicated, but I'll do my best to keep up, I'm already so happy to be here!
      That's cool! Do you have any faves?

If you ever need any help I'm here

In sci fi I was impressed by the work of Isaac Asimov, I understand why he is called "the father of Science Fiction" I read foundation, and it's just amazing. It's so complex that I might not remember half of the story, but it's certainely one of my favourites.
      in fantasy, I really liked some of the DnD's books released between the 90's and today, It's sometimes a bit cheesy, but this is also something I enjoy, all this ambiance, makes me feel nostalgic for an era I never knew. (I'm 21 btw) and in these books, the story of Drizzt do'Urden the dark elf really moved me.
      I also enjoy the work of H.P. Lovecraft, Ctuthulu, Dagon, the town of dunwitch etc... so many creatures, stories, it's such immersive and thrilling (even if, I had to admit that his style is sometimes a bit complicated to understand when english is not your first language).
      there's so much to say.. a lot of french books too, we have a lot of good fantasy authors (classic and contemporary).
      I just want to finish this post by talking a bit about the first book I read: "le petit Prince" ("the young prince" in english maybe) from Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. It made a part of who I am today, It's not really Sci-Fi or fantasy, it's a children's book, and it's just so powerful (especially in french), so sincere and honest, I really could recommend it to everyone (takes half an hour to read and is Royalty free so very easy to find in pdf.).
      I want to add so much to this list, but let's end up here for now!

thank you, I'm just a bit lost because there is so much stuff to click on and to do!!

Content

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Ooooh yay you're a jojo fan too!

Yeah, Kakyoin is one of my favourite characters! What about you?

Spoiler:  

hum, I really enjoyed part 6 and 7 (and every other, even if I'm not sure about part 8) but I'm not sure.... so many good characters... let me check, the philosophy of foo fighters... the charisma of gyro zeppeli.. the strenght of jotaro... the inocence of joseph... the kindness of Jonathan... the intelligence of abaccio Leone...the thickness of the pillar men (lel).. the Frenchyness of Polnareff... aarg, and I didn't thought about the antagonists yet!! I could never choose sorry! it's just too hard! but yeah, high five for all jojo bros and sisters'

ugh, now I have to know how to add gifs in my posts!!

Content

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Louis-Sacha View Post
      hum, I really enjoyed part 6 and 7 (and every other, even if I'm not sure about part 8) but I'm not sure.... so many good characters... let me check, the philosophy of foo fighters... the charisma of gyro zeppeli.. the strenght of jotaro... the inocence of joseph... the kindness of Jonathan... the intelligence of abaccio Leone...the thickness of the pillar men (lel).. the Frenchyness of Polnareff... aarg, and I didn't thought about the antagonists yet!! I could never choose sorry! it's just too hard! but yeah, high five for all jojo bros and sisters'

ugh, now I have to know how to add gifs in my posts!!
      Aaaah I feel ya! So many great characters!

To add gifs type [ img ] (without spaces), followed by the gif link, then close it with [ / img] (without spaces)

Spoiler:  

let me try!

I might doing it wrong.

EH Head Moderator
      Bored

Depressed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Hi @Louis-Sacha welcome to Anime League

Hope you enjoy it here and feel free to message me if you want to chat or have any questions
      Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
      Come say hi in Entrance Hall and join in our events! || My Journal ||
      All art by Catacombs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information