• zzzz
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by spice View Post
      welcome to AL! it's nice to meet you! i hope you'll considering shooting me a PM if you ever want to talk~
      @spice Thank you! Everyone has been so welcoming. It really has been lovely.

EH Head Moderator
      Bored

Depressed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

That's good to hear
      Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
      Come say hi in Entrance Hall and join in our events! || My Journal ||
      All art by Catacombs

Mod
      There’s always one...

Annoyed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

You're welcome!

Newbie here too! Nice to meet everyone
      Your community is so bright!

Mod
      There’s always one...

Annoyed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Hey too! And welcome.

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@BraveMU Welcome! You should start an introduction thread so we can learn more about you. Also, if you have a moment, go check out the icebreaker thread. I can't wait to learn more about you. :-)

Depressed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by BraveMU View Post
      Newbie here too! Nice to meet everyone
      Your community is so bright!
      Welcome to the community @BraveMU !
      You should definitely make a thread of your own so we can all get to know you better

🍒🍒🍒
      Signature GIF made by HentaiSenpai

Spoiler:  

I exist!

Arty

Country
      blank
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Endynyp View Post
      Hello Galaxy! I love all kinds of anime and manga, but I do have a soft spot for weird stuff and the supernatural. *cue spooky music* How about you? Is there anything specific you are reading or watching now?

My u/n is a combo of two different names Endymion (Inspired by Greek Myth, not Sailor Moon, but I love Sailor Moon) and Nypartu which has a mystery source *cue spooky music again* :-P
      I like fantasy, adventure and school anime the most. Currently I'm reading Komi san wa komayashu desu, which is prety good.

Wow, you put a lot of thought into your username! Your answer raises more questions though since I don't know what either of them mean.( gotta google it up.)

Assassination Classroom
      in my heart forever.
      ❤️

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
      I like fantasy, adventure and school anime the most. Currently I'm reading Komi san wa komayashu desu, which is prety good.

Wow, you put a lot of thought into your username! Your answer raises more questions though since I don't know what either of them mean.( gotta google it up.)
      Lol. My favourite version of the Endymion story goes as follows: Endymion was a beautiful, virtuous, and admired young man (oftentimes he was a prince), but he was unfulfilled. He yearned for something he could not identify. Like most young men, he was prone to melodrama and would wander around at night pining after this unidentifiable something. On one of these nights, Selene, the moon herself, looked upon him and fell madly in love. She knew that she could not be with him. That hypocritical bastard, Zeus, had forbidden sexy time between mortals and gods. And besides, if he was to look on her in all of her godly splendor, he would burst into flames. You know, the kinds of things that couples have to deal with. So the next time Endymion slept, she crept into his dreams and began a torrid if mostly illusory love affair. Endymion upon seeing the dream-Selene instantly knew what it was that he had been hopelessly pining after: Love. And he was in love. He would take sleeping drafts, drink himself into a stupor, or have friends hit him over the head, just for another chance to dream and to be with his love.

One night, Endymion confronted dream-Selene, "Are you just my imagination? Am I such a callow youth that I am in love with my own fantasies?" Selene assured him that she was quite real, but this only made Endymion's aching worse. "Why! Why don't you meet me in the waking world? I love you and I cannot live without you!" Selene could feel her heart breaking and finally told him the truth: about her being a goddess, about the rule against mortal lovers; about the whole fiery doom thing; and about how she was quite a bit older than him. Of course, Endymion's mind understood, but his heart could not be so easily swayed. Every night he would gaze up at the moon with longing; every day he would sleep so that he could be with his love. Finally, when it became too much to bear, he cried out to Zeus: "I cannot bear it any longer! You must let me be with her, even being a human matchstick is better than living without her! And if you will not let me be with her, then at least let me sleep forever so that I may be with her in my dreams." Of course, Zeus couldn't be bothered with the mortal nattering of a tortured romantic, but it was harder to ignore Selene. I mean she came to all the dinners, ate ambrosia with his wife, and she was the moon, so she kind of saw a lot of those things that he didn't want Hera to see. So Zeus relented and put Endymion in an eternal slumber so that he could be with his love forever. Even today he sleeps, somewhere in the world.

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Hey @Endynyp !

Have you ever been to a convention before? if not, do you plan on going to any?

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Emmet View Post
      Hey @Endynyp !

Have you ever been to a convention before? if not, do you plan on going to any?
      Hey @Emmet !

I've been to too many conventions to count, but only one anime convention. I'm hoping to dramatically increase that number soon. When I'm doing my fieldwork I am going to have to attend quite a few. I'm really looking forward to Wonderfest, AnimeJapan, and Comiket in Japan.

Mod
      There’s always one...

Annoyed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Same. Been to many cons but only one anime one

Bitey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by H03nn89 View Post
      Same. Been to many cons but only one anime one
      Which anime con did you go to? Did you love it?

Mod
      There’s always one...

Annoyed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Cardiff last year. Yeah it was good- spent far too much money on merch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information