Queen of AL~
      I got my birthday Yo Sushi~

Friendly

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

CAGC Icebreaker Event - Get to Know!

Welcome to the Icebreaker event! This group topic shall be open for the next week. Participants in this topic shall be;

@GraceMellody
      @FogKnight
      @lilaclindsay13
      @luigimewtwo
      @Celticxangel
      @Shaunila

STEP ONE: BEGIN!

Reply with:

1. Your Name
      2. An Interesting/entertaining fact about yourself (if you're struggling to think of anything then just tell us your hobbies)
      3. One question to ask someone (or everyone)! When you ask the question make sure to @mention them (ie: put @ and their username so they get it in their notifications at the top). You can mention one person, two people or everyone - up to you.

STEP TWO: CHAT!

And then just chat! You can keep replying, and we encourage you to ask someone else a question with each question so we all get to know more about one another!

We advise to stop by daily to check for replies. Do try and read what others have posted.

STEP THREE: AFTERWARD!

Check out people's profiles and feel free to friend request them on here and indeed to ask for people's contact details. You may wanna stick around, post in some other topics, chat in the chatroom, and become a bigger part of the community!

SO! Let's go!
      Last edited by LikkleMel; 01-14-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks Nocchi for the sig~

Facebook|| Youtube ||

Re: CAGC Icebreaker Event - Get to Know!

So looks like it is time!

1- Just call me Fog over here, more comfortable with being called with my alias online.

2- I am a guy who is into a lot of stuff such as games, comics, manga, anime, movies, novels, etc. Lately I am more into the Western side of the entertainment media than the Japanese in comparison to the past, but I dwindle here and there such as being interested in this season's offerings such as Promised Neverland, and following Happiness, Trial of Blood, AoT, and Berserk as the most notable manga I am tracking. I think an odd thing about me is that I might finish games a tad too quickly, especially if I want to avoid spoiler mine-fields? I found myself finishing Batman Arkham City for the first time in one sitting, which still strikes to me as bizarre.

3- Question for all here, do you enjoy the rainy weather or not? For me I mostly do, just going through a windy rainy weather can be problematic but I usually enjoy watching at times.

Hello my name is Harvey. I am 13yrs old. I like computer science and I have slight high functioning ASD. Question for everyone: manga or anime?

Finally got vol10 of The Worlds Greatest First Love: The Cas

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Hello my name is Lindsay, I'm 25. I enjoy writing and reading (currently on book 2 of The Witcher series),

Question - what are you looking forward to most about the con? (myself - shopping, first time going on a Sunday so will be nice to see if there's anything different)

Answer 1- I don't mind the rain, but is really nice to see blue sky sometimes (I live in the valleys, and it's been quite rainy/grey this week)

Answer 2 - Anime all the way, still playing catch up on older series (I mainly watch via funimation) I've only manged to keep up with 3 simulcasts (I tend to wait for them to finish, so I don't have to wait for new eps) I have recently started reading manga, mainly because I had to find out what happened in Seraph of the End...

Quote Originally Posted by luigimewtwo View Post
      Hello my name is Harvey. I am 13yrs old. I like computer science and I have slight high functioning ASD. Question for everyone: manga or anime?
      Balance of both really, don't really have a preference there but it also depends on whether the source material or the adaptation is better.

Quote Originally Posted by lilaclindsay13 View Post
      Hello my name is Lindsay, I'm 25. I enjoy writing and reading (currently on book 2 of The Witcher series),

Question - what are you looking forward to most about the con? (myself - shopping, first time going on a Sunday so will be nice to see if there's anything different)

Answer 1- I don't mind the rain, but is really nice to see blue sky sometimes (I live in the valleys, and it's been quite rainy/grey this week)

Answer 2 - Anime all the way, still playing catch up on older series (I mainly watch via funimation) I've only manged to keep up with 3 simulcasts (I tend to wait for them to finish, so I don't have to wait for new eps) I have recently started reading manga, mainly because I had to find out what happened in Seraph of the End...
      The gaming aspect to be honest, kind of looking forward to Dragon Ball FighterZ shenanigans in particular. I would also say maybe checking out general artworks and cosplay too. Either gonna go cosplay-less personally or improvise something with a suit.

Also I got The Last Wish in terms of Witcher books! No idea when I will start on it though as I am in a book club that will have different stuff to read. Most I got out of Witcher is from the games.

The Orange Idol~
      ~Mad Hatter~

Bitey

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

My name is Grace Mellody of course~
      I'm a UK based idol! I started off as an idol after being the highest ranking non-Japanese participant in the 2017 Houkago Princess auditions.
      Question: What's your favourite gaming franchise? I think mine would either be Sonic or Touhou

Quote Originally Posted by FogKnight View Post
      3- Question for all here, do you enjoy the rainy weather or not? For me I mostly do, just going through a windy rainy weather can be problematic but I usually enjoy watching at times.
      I like rainy weather if i'm home, but it can definitely be a pain when i'm outside, especially if we're trying to film a dance cover!

Quote Originally Posted by luigimewtwo View Post
      Question for everyone: manga or anime?
      Anime!

I'm of course looking forward to my own performance, as not only will it be my first in 2019, but also my first since I started working hard in the Overseas Idol Mentorship Program! I really want to show off my hard work so I hope I don't screw up >.<
      Other than that i'm super super excited to see Eira! I consider Eira a very close friend but i've never had the chance to watch her before! I also haven't had chance to hang out with her since we were both in Paris last year, so it'll be a lot of fun seeing her in general <3
      ~UK Based Idol~
      ~Member of One Wish~
      ~General Discussion HMod / Crazy League HMod / Chatroom Mod / Cosplay & Meets Central Mod / Creative Arts & Writing Mod / Ravenclaw Head Girl~
      Basically feel free to ask me anything!

Spoiler:  

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by FogKnight View Post
      Balance of both really, don't really have a preference there but it also depends on whether the source material or the adaptation is better.

The gaming aspect to be honest, kind of looking forward to Dragon Ball FighterZ shenanigans in particular. I would also say maybe checking out general artworks and cosplay too. Either gonna go cosplay-less personally or improvise something with a suit.

Also I got The Last Wish in terms of Witcher books! No idea when I will start on it though as I am in a book club that will have different stuff to read. Most I got out of Witcher is from the games.

I read the two short story collections before the novels, they are good but I think they'll make more sense on a reread, I don't game so I've never played it, I am looking forward to the Netflix adaption of it next year ^.^

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by GraceMellody View Post
      I'm a UK based idol! I started off as an idol after being the highest ranking non-Japanese participant in the 2017 Houkago Princess auditions.
      Question: What's your favourite gaming franchise? I think mine would either be Sonic or Touhou

I like rainy weather if i'm home, but it can definitely be a pain when i'm outside, especially if we're trying to film a dance cover!

Anime!

I'm of course looking forward to my own performance, as not only will it be my first in 2019, but also my first since I started working hard in the Overseas Idol Mentorship Program! I really want to show off my hard work so I hope I don't screw up >.<
      Other than that i'm super super excited to see Eira! I consider Eira a very close friend but i've never had the chance to watch her before! I also haven't had chance to hang out with her since we were both in Paris last year, so it'll be a lot of fun seeing her in general <3
      Ahh I thought I recognised your name is your performance on Saturday or Sunday? I seem to always miss the performances (I get sidetracked with lunch) so going to try and make it to them this year

as for your question, I don't really game, so the closest I get is sudoku on my phone....

Quote Originally Posted by GraceMellody View Post

Anime!

That's... hard question actually, but I would say my top franchises at the moment are Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts, Deus Ex, Resident Evil (to a certain extent), and God of War. There are more franchises that I REALLY like but they don't come up in my head for some reason, and I used to be a fanboy for Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect franchises until the cursed number 3 came along for both :')

I read the two short story collections before the novels, they are good but I think they'll make more sense on a reread, I don't game so I've never played it, I am looking forward to the Netflix adaption of it next year ^.^
      I gotta get myself into the books side of the franchise sooner or later, and I really don't know what to expect from the Netflix adaptation considering it will rely more on the novels than the games, but I hope all for the best there. I miss Witcher 3 to be honest though, gonna probably re-buy it someday or something so it would also include the DLCs.

Thread Information