NAME: Merchant Monk
APPEARANCE: TBD -
- Merchant’s Guile: He is cunning and clever and has this innate ability to be able to know what he can trade to get exactly what he wants. This ability works on animals, humans, monsters, and gods. He has become quite good at using this ability on goblins.
- Language Barrier: The Merchant has the ability to understand any language. This is not the same as translating. He can easily understand body language to be able to understand what people are thinking. He is so well at this that he has often been accused of being psychic.
- Unnamed Martial Style: Having been rejected or banished from many different schools of martial arts he has begun to formulate his own martial arts style. It is a defensive style that focus on parrying weapons and blows. Its strikes utilize micro movements that lead into dragging the strike so that it will latch onto flesh to tear and maim. Against armored opponents it uses the same dragging movements to provide to lead into throws in hopes of using the walls or the ground itself as an impact point. His developing style requires brute strength and immense gripping force to be effective.
- Weapon Jack: Although he is not the most skilled in any weapon, he able to use any type of weapon as if it is an extension of his own fist. He is a jack of all trades but a master of none. Although he does excel with the use of chain or rope weapons such as the meteor hammer,kyoketsu, and the kusarigama..
Metro hammer, short sword, spiked buckler (wrapped in a rope dart made of horse hair ), 2 Medium Chakrams and 2 fist sized chakrams. All of his exotic weapons are adorned in way that disguises themselves as jewelry or attire.
- Seeker of Value – his merchant nature means that if he is always assessing the value of things. If it seems more cost productive to him, he would betray his friends. There isn’t anything he wouldn’t do to make the right amount of return.
- Concealment of Spirit - He values his martial arts skills but he wishes them to be a secret. If he himself or his investments are not in immediate danger, he will use his martial abilities. He will always try to flee from a fight if he thinks he can't hide his martial arts prowess. He almost might not fight until every witness is dead or made unable to witness his abilities.
- Light Armor - The merchant only wears leather scale armor that he has crafted himself. He only uses material from the creatures he kills. This also gives the armor inconsistency in some areas as its different leathers.
- Recall: The Merchant can recall his last weapon to him. It will take the shortest path even if this means cutting through an creature.
- Sense Ki: He can sense the ki of all things within a 50 meter radius. If he focuses he can pinpoint specific ki signatures.
- Ki Points: The Merchant has five ki points he can use between meditations. He can use this to fortify his defense, power up his fist or weapons to perform a ki strike, or other ways to accentuate his own physical abilities. He can also use his ki to increase the effect of his meditation reducing the time it takes to do something via meditation by fifty percent. If he does this he does not recover Ki from that mediation.
- Meditation : Once per day he can enter a status of meditation that will stabilize him and prevent him from bleeding out. This also expels any undesirable foreign magic/ki, poison, or sickness that he didn’t have during his last meditation. He can expunge any one effect from one hour of meditation. If he meditates for more than four hours he recovers his ki points.
The merchant monk started his life as a martial arts student. After he moved through the schools training program he became an acolyte. His task was to go out into the world after joining an adventures guild to make money and spread the word of their fighting style. It was not long in his adventures that he realized his style had its limitations. Certain monsters or creatures were biologically better immune to his strikes and techniques. Being how he was far away from his school to get any support he began selling his loot from adventuring to survive. When his compensation started to be withheld from his school they excommunicated him, for he had already voiced his concerns about their martial styles limitations. Now he had to survive so instead of becoming a pickpocket, thief, or any other miscretin, he decided to take up the merchant’s flag.
He had the ability to go find his own loot and just needed the experience to sell his wares. Officially he was had done enough quest to become a gold rank adventurer, but he sold his adventure tag along time ago. Now he is a traveling merchant that has the uncanny ability to assess the value of almost anything, and then trade it accordingly. He has trained many of the high ranked merchants in the merchant’s guild yet he refused to join it. He is probably one of the most widely acknowledged secrets between the guilds. Although almost none of them know of his martial artist heritage.