• Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz

Been very busy - will get back to everyone soon!

zzzz

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Tenko's OC drabbles

Hi all!

So, I was a novella-style RPer for 10+ years - but, I recently gave it up in favour of writing fanfiction and doing my own little drabbles.
      I've had OC stuff ripped from certain sites, but I'm still writing and still want to share - so, I hope that you'll allow me to indulge in some of my OC stories! I've put 3 below, and will likely add more to this thread as time gets on

Just a warning that I'm a huge lover of anything Russian related...so, incidentally, a lot of my OCs are Russian. Oooops.

Uncle, uncle!
        Spoiler:  

Hazel eyes crinkled in amusement as Pyotr kept watch of his little nephew, Ruslan. The large Russian had always hoped for children of his own but, alas, he was to be content with being in charge of the inquisitive child.

“Dyatka Pyotr?” A low chuckle left the jet haired man as he made his way over to the little one in long strides to answer yet another question. Not a difficult feat when a man is six foot five. A quick decision had to be made before he opened his bearded mouth; Russian or English? Pyotr preferred Russian, and probably always would, but he thought it best to continue the conversation in English. It was the boy’s mother tongue, after all.

“Yes, Ruslan? What has you worried now?” Pyotr began to lower himself into the sandbox with the little one, his regret almost instantaneous. His hard physical labour as a young man had not helped the aging process, and he detested how his muscles strained and his joints cracked as he lowered. Pyotr was built like a bull, all thick corded muscle...but, apparently, there was a difference between running a mile and trying to sit with one’s nephew this far down.

Once seated against the wooden edge, hazel met dark brown. Little brows furrowed up at Pyotr, “Two things are worrying me.” The authority in the little boy’s tone was one that wouldn't have been expected in most seven year olds; but the Smirnov family seemed filled to the brim with old souls.

“What are these two things?”
      “Do you remember my classmate, Justin, who came over the other day when you were watching me?”
      “Yes.” A scrawny little thing. Unhealthy. Pyotr had been tempted to act like his mother and send the boy away with food parcels after stuffing him as full as he possibly could. Somehow, he had managed to resist.

“He asked me why you and Mama and Dyatka Vanya all sound funny while I don't.”
      It took every ounce of the man's willpower not to start barking with laughter. While Pyotr definitely had the thickest brogue of the three siblings, Olga and Ivan hadn't quite shaken the Russian sharpness in their accents either.
      His thought process was quickly halted by the unimpressed stare from his mousey haired nephew.
      “Stop smiling, Dyatka. I'm serious!”
      “I know you are, luchik.”

A strong arm wrapped around little Ruslan, bringing him into Pyotr’s lap. “But you know the answer to this question.”
      Ruslan wiggled uncomfortably in his uncle’s wide lap. “Do I?”
      “You do. You know that your Mama, Ivan, and myself came here from Russia.”
      “Yes.”
      “And you also know that we all speak Russian. Well, you learnt English before you learnt Russian. Mama, Dyatka Vanya and I learnt Russian first and then English. That is why we have a ‘funny’ accent and you do not.”
      “But your accent is much more funny than Mama and Dyatka’s.”

The bark of laughter finally burst from Pyotr, and he gave his beard a gentle tug while he grinned. From the mouths of babes. “It is. That is because I am old, Ruslan. Old people don’t learn as quickly as young people.”
      Not to mention that Pyotr had continued to stay close to the Russian community anyway, even once they’d left the old country. Do a stint or two for the KGB and suddenly everyone knows the name Pyotr Smirnov. It wasn’t a past that he was proud of, but sometimes a man must do what a man must do.

“Oh.” The little one tugged at the knees of his jeans as Pyotr watched on, waiting for the next question.

“Ruslan? You said there was a second thing.”
      This query made little Ruslan smile softly at his uncle. “How long do I have to wait until I get to look like you?”

A dark eyebrow was raised with surprise at the young child, “Look like me?”
      “Mhm.” Little fingers started to pick at Pyotr’s sleeves, uncovering some of the tattoos that lay beneath the material and tracing over the odd designs that covered the back of those large hands. Pyotr’s second skin. “Colourful and strong.”

As if the boy didn’t already have his uncle wrapped around his little finger.

High pitched giggles left Ruslan as Pyotr began to smother his sweet face in prickly kisses. Once the burly man had felt that he had left sufficient traces of his affection, he cupped the boy’s face in his large hands. “I know that you will be handsome and strong when you are older, luchik. But these tattoos that I have, they are for life. When you are older, we can talk more about it. Okay?”

A cheesy grin was thrown up at the Russian bear and the giggles only began again. “You are thinking this is funny, Ruslan? I will show you what is funny.”

Not twenty minutes later Olga had arrived back in her house, and sighed as she heard the screams from the backyard. Cautiously, she poked her head around the door. Ah. Exactly as she suspected.

Pyotr was stood tall, holding Ruslan upside-down and blowing on the little one’s belly while he purposefully rubbed his beard into sensitive skin. This, naturally, caused squeals, screams, and tears of laughter that rolled down Ruslan’s red little face as he pleaded for his bear of an uncle to stop the ticklish torture.

Boys.

Spoiler:  

Little Timofei had to resist the urge to run his finger through the perspiration that was clouding the window from his laboured breath.

He had run downstairs as fast as his little legs could carry him when he heard Papa’s whooping from outside. The brunet had no intention of going out of the house to join his siblings in the wild game of Cowboys that was currently going on, but it was a spectacle that the child hated to miss. It was the dead of winter, and winter in St Petersburg was nothing to turn a nose up at. In fact, Tima was surprised that Mama hadn't thrown open the window to holler out and warn everyone else of the repercussions of not getting back inside right that moment before quickly slamming it shut again to accentuate her point.

Olena, Cub, and Armand were the only ones missing from the throng. His pale jade eyes couldn't find Vitya or Kitty, but he could very definitely hear the cackle of their maniacal laughter, and the others were easy to spot. Mama knitted everyone scarves every few years, and no one wore the same colour. Nikolai's scarf of bright blue was easy to spot in the bushes, and Grigori was standing with Papa.

Timofei nearly fell off out of the alcove in surprise when a snowball suddenly whacked against the window he'd been peering out of. Once he'd recovered, he looked back out to see Grisha laughing good naturedly at how he'd startled the youngest son. Oh, how Tima hoped that he'd grow up to be like Grigori - handsome, strong, funny, the type of man that anyone would admire. Maybe he'd even grown in a beard like his eldest brother, once he was old enough.
      As he stroked his smooth chin at the thought, Grisha motioned a leather clad hand for him to join them. He shook his head. No, it was too cold out.
      Grisha cupped his hands around his mouth and Timofei could faintly hear his call, “Come, myshka! You can be on my team!”

This made both brothers grin, and Tima shot off from his spot to get to the front door. It wasn't often that he got to play with Grisha.
      As he shimmied on his boots and over-large jacket, Mama suddenly appeared with a book in hand and he beamed up at her from over his thick scarf.
      “Tima, lyubov, are you going outside?” His response came as an eager nod despite the fact that he knew that his mother wasn't pleased at the thought of him venturing into the cold.

Her book was carefully discarded onto a chair as she leant down to straighten her son out, making sure that he was bundled tight. Green eyes wandered back to where the book was sitting. 'Evgeni Onegin’. That was Armand and Cub’s favourite. The realisation made his smile drop and he looked back to the Demidov matriarch.

“Mama?”
      “Da, lyubov?” Her eyes didn't wander from the buttons she was securing.
      “Are you going to read to the others?”
      “Mhm. Did you want to join us in the library?”

Tima shifted uncomfortably at the question. He did. He really, really did. But Grisha had invited him out to play. He didn't realise he had started to gnaw on his bottom lip until Alexandra gave it a tap, “Stop that, Tima. It's not good for you. You can either go outside and play, or you can stay in the warm and I'll read to you and the others. It is your choice.”

It took a moment of hesitation before he asked his timid question, “Can I have a hot cocoa if I listen to you read?”
      Alexandra laughed gently at how easy her youngest son was to please, “Of course, lyubov.”
      “Okay. Could you please help me get out of my outside clothes?”
      “Of course, lyubov.”

Spoiler:  

He groaned and leant back in the chair, causing his loose auburn curls to fall away from his face, “I really can’t be bothered. Why would I want to?” Armand smirked over his newspaper and looked at his lover - what a drama queen.

“I did not say you would want to, lyubov, simply that you should. They would appreciate it is all.” Jacob looked skeptically over his glasses, staring the Russian down with his deep brown eyes while bringing the chair back onto four legs.

“I really don’t think they would. The Lebedevs can’t stand me.”

Armand reached over and playfully snapped one of Jacob’s suspenders, “Do not be silly - and do not be rude.” That caused the other to pout and his groomed eyebrows to knit, “I wasn’t being rude. Telling you that I think they’re twats is rude - simply stating that they don’t like me isn’t.” The Russian tried to give the other a hard look, but he could feel the smile creeping into his features as Jacob sounded like a defensive child. There was something oddly charming about it to the older man, “Is that so, Mister LeBeau?” Jacob harrumphed and picked at the imaginary lint on his blazer, the light catching the few rings that were strewn on the Canadian’s fingers.

“Yes. It is.” The little lion’s head dangling from Jake’s ear seemed to wink at the vampire.

“They would not have invited us to opera if they did not like you. They are family friends-” “Who would like nothing more than for you to marry their skank of a daughter.” Ah. There it was, the thing that was making his mate frown so. “Yasha - stop that. If I had wanted to marry Anya, I would have done so many years ago. You know that, I know that, and Lebedevs know that too.” Jacob continued to pout, looking up at him from underneath his thick eyelashes.

Armand thought that he looked quite handsome like that - the navy blue of his blazer made his skin look like porcelain, caused his dusting of freckles to stand out ever so slightly and brought out the red in his hair. The hairstyle was not one that Armand had seen before his partner came into his life - shortish on the sides and long on the top so that his curls fell in his eyes, but it suited his lover. It softened the feisty features but still made him look regal - very much like the Grand Prince that Armand once knew him to be.

“Are you saying that you do not wish to go then?” Jacob’s mouth twisted, “I’d like to go to the opera, just not with them.” Armand set down his newspaper and sighed - oh, why did his lover have to be like this? “Would you like to go to Kamenny Island Theatre? I can phone the box office and see what they have. Or we can go into the city - Eugene Onegin is bound to be on. Olena was saying that Ruslan and Lyudmila is playing at the Mariinsky. You might like Legend of the Invisible City of Kitezeh.”

Jacob propped his elbow on the tabletop and wedged his stubborn little chin into the palm of his hand, which only caused his pout to become more pronounced. A non-committal hum escaped the younger man as he looked out the window behind Armand’s shoulder. The Canadian was in a mood, that much was clear.

zzzz

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: Tenko's OC drabbles

Oh, super quick note as my edit button doesn't seem to want to work for me, language warning for the last story in that trio!!

Head Moderator
      BOO!

Amused

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Ugh I looooooved that first one (still need to read the second and third)...it made my heart go all a twitter! So damn sweet. You're a great writer!!

You should RP again in Roleplay Nation oh please oh please oh please!

zzzz

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeri View Post
      Ugh I looooooved that first one (still need to read the second and third)...it made my heart go all a twitter! So damn sweet. You're a great writer!!

You should RP again in Roleplay Nation oh please oh please oh please!
      Ah, thank you, thank you!
      I must admit, I am the biggest sucker for Slice of Life - I can't help it!

I was perusing Roleplay Nation, but haven't seen anything yet that's active and/or in the type of genre that I normally like to write in (although, I must admit, there are a couple of casual RPs floating about that I might join in with - I'm just not used to just throwing a character in )...but I'll be keeping my eye out!

Princess of Darkness
      Bad migraine. So bedtime for me.

Poorly

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Read the first one and I loved it.Still need to read the other two.

zzzz

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Catacombs View Post
      Read the first one and I loved it.Still need to read the other two.
      Thank you! So glad you enjoyed it ��

Princess of Darkness

Poorly

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

You are welcome

zzzz

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Some more drabbles for you!

Spoiler:  
      “You’re going to hurt yourself trying to do that, little badger.”

The youngest Alkaev, Avery - who was nestled a little too close to the fireplace for comfort in an attempt to start it - glowered at the comment. “Piss off, Yaroslav.”
      Yaroslav, who was only called his full name by Avery when the little one was trying to tempt him into a fight, simply turned the page of his newspaper and took a leisurely sip of his coffee as tried to ignore the angry badger in the fireplace.

“I mean it. You’ll catch your sleeve on fire, just like last time. And we wouldn’t want that, now would we?” The blond’s tone was patronising, and purposefully so. There was nothing quite like getting a rise out of the ashen haired brunet - after all, who could resist teasing a spitfire?

Hazel eyes didn’t even have to flick up to see the rage etched into his brother’s face. Gold bore into hazel when he did look up, and Yara smirked. He would ease into victory easily, that much for certain. He could tell by the intensity in those narrowed eyes.
      The blond would never admit it, but he was a bit jealous of his little badger’s stare - although both brothers had those profound dark rings around their irises, Yara’s eyes were made of striking shades of brown and green and Avery’s looked like they were made of molten gold. Dragon’s eyes, their father had called them. Although his mother had deemed Yara a siren, and he could happily live with that comparison.

Yara was a charmer. Always had been, always would be, and he easily attracted both sexes. He’d never slept with a woman, but that was only because he’d not had much interest in doing so. The blond preferred the strong hold of a man, the intensity of the type of dynamic he could have with another male. This, naturally, disappointed his mother as she was in desperate want of grandchildren...but what was a man to do?

“Maybe you’ll catch fire, you wanker.”

Warm laughter filled the room before Yara drained the remnants of his mug, “I’m sure I will, little one.”
      A low hiss of, “Don’t call me that!” Followed him into the kitchen where the empty coffee mug was filled once again.

“Mama says that you might be bringing someone home on your next visit.”
      “Maybe I am.”
      “What’s their name?”
      “None of your damn business.”
      “‘None of your damn business’? That’s quite an unusual name. Bit of a mouthful, don’t you think?”
      “Stop it.”
      “I’m just curious to see who’s caught your eye is all, badger.”
      “Well, you won’t be here anyway.”
      “I could be.”

The snarl that Avery shot his way made him laugh again. “Surely you aren’t intimidated by me, little one? Do you think I’m going to steal your man?”
      Now they were treading on sensitive ground. It was well known in the Alkaev household that Avery struggled to hold on to any kind of intimate relationships - whether it was the seeming lack of romantic confidence or his searing temper, it was hard to say. One thing that was certain though was the younger brother’s jealous nature. He loathed the fact that Yara came off as confident and glamorous in all of his masculine glory - how his long blond hair caught the sunlight, how shirts stretched across his wide chest and jeans clung to strong thighs, how his smile could cause someone to miss a step...not that either of the Alkaev brothers smiled much when in the company of those who weren’t friends or family. It was just that Avery was more prone to scowling and snarling, which made Yara look much more amicable.

“Come now, Avery. I harass you only because I’m your brother - I wouldn’t cause you heartbreak. Not on purpose, anyway.” The last jab, paired with that lazy smirk, caused Avery to swing his leg in an attempt to get his brother’s shin, but Yara easily sidestepped. He knew the younger man too well. Avery was about seven inches shorter than his brother, who stood at just under five-foot-eleven, and so was always bound to go for the legs.
      “Ah, ah, ah! That’s not kind of you, little badger. Unlike you, some of us actually have physical labour to do and are in need of our limbs.” Like their father, Yara worked in the ironworks. Good hard physical labour was the family business, and the Alkaev family was renowned for the quality of their iron and steel. Little Avery hadn’t taken to the trade. Apparently that wasn’t a problem, as their father had always claimed that Avery was made for better purposes. That had always rubbed Yara the wrong way. It equally bothered Avery, who had been stuck at home as a child and made to do more intellectual and artistic work with their mother while their father was out bonding with Yara. Neither thought it fair.

“Now tell me, is he handsome?” Avery ignored Yara, instead tending to the kettle in hopes of getting it boiling and boring the older male.
      “Ah. Fine. Is he rich?” That caused Avery to slam the refrigerator door as he retrieved the milk, refusing to look his brother in the eye. But Yara was a patient man and instead began to hum the tune of ‘Que Sera’ while cradling his mug of coffee.

Two minutes and the little one broke. That was one for the record.
      “Of course he’s handsome, you bloody idiot.” It was snapped out, but Yara would happily take it.
      “And?”
      “And what, Yara? He’s handsome with a stupid bloody name and a stupidly handsome bloody face, okay? That’s all you’re getting from me.”
      “Oh, come now!” The blond pulled his pony tail over his shoulder, threading callous fingers through the hair. “Surely you have more to say! How long have you been seeing him for? What’s this ‘stupid bloody name’ of his? Where’s he from? What does he do?”

Yara trailed after the now-slumping Avery with absolute glee. Oh, he was going to have fun with this.

Spoiler:  
      Mika Ravenstein’s hand hovered over the page, the stick of charcoal still sitting between his fingers. “I don’t know what you mean.” His older sister, Zenia, sighed deeply and nestled her little chin in her palm as she stared the younger man down from across the table. “What I mean is ‘embrace your talent’! You’re clearly a great artist - so why don’t you ever do anything with all of these sketches and drawings?!” She motioned around her brother’s sitting room, which was absolutely teeming with various canvases and pages of the portraits Mika was so fond of, the art taking up most available space in the corners and against the walls.

His grey eyes flicked around and he shrugged, as if helpless. “They belong here, Zenia. Why would I get rid of them?” She sighed once more and now buried her face into her folded arms on the table, causing her thick head of tight curls to gather dramatically around her hunched shoulders.

They had this conversation every time that Zenia visited the flat.
      “What are you going to do with all of this art?”
      “What do you mean?”
      “How come you don’t sell it or put it up in a gallery, or something?”
      “But why would I do that?”
      “Because you’re an ARTIST!”
      “...Well, I don’t consider myself an artist.”
      Her frustrated, “Ugh!” Normally signalled the end of the conversation, and they would then get into the one-sided discussion about his lack of a love-life. Today, it went a little differently.

A muffled, “But would you consider it?” Emerged from the dark pile of curls. Mika’s attention had turned back to the profile on his paper, the charcoal scratching satisfyingly against the sheet as he brought in the man’s jawline, “Zenia-” Her head shot up and she pursed her pretty little mouth at him. It quickly occurred to him that he was on the receiving end of the same look she gave her husband, Rene, when the older man had said something stupid. Well, something ‘stupid’ according to Zenia.

“Would you consider it, Mika?” Now he pursed his lips, an action that he didn’t realise he did as often as his sister. “Perhaps.”
      “That’s perfect!” Suddenly she perked up and clapped her hands together, and the young man was now regretting that he’d let the word slip out.
      “...Why is it ‘perfect’, Zenia?”
      “Well, you see, Rene and I met this guy-”
      “Mhmm.” Her brother didn’t sound impressed.
      “And he’s the new curator for that big gallery - oh, lord, what’s it called…”
      “Which one?”
      “You know, that one in the centre of the city-”
      “That’s incredibly helpful, Zenia. ‘The big gallery in the centre of the city’ doesn’t really narrow it down.”
      “Well, that’s not the point. I showed him some of your work on my phone-”
      “You what?”
      “Shah, I’m talking. Anyway, he really liked it! And I think he liked you too~!” The singsong note that slipped into her tone caused Mika’s lips to press in such a way that he looked like he’d been force fed a lemon, and his slate eyes narrowed.

“Are you trying to play Yenta or are you trying to get rid of my art?”
      “A bit of both, if we’re being honest.” Her round face only began to glow the darker that her younger brother’s expression became. “But, Mika, he’s gorgeous! He’s well educated, he must have a good taste for art, and he’s incredibly eager to see your work. You just have to have him over, maybe give him a cup of coffee, and then you can decide whether you’d like to pursue any of it.”

A very pregnant pause was broken by Mika’s reluctant mumble of, “I suppose.”
      Zenia, unashamedly, clapped her hands enthusiastically, “Yay! Oh, Mika, you won’t regret it, I’m sure!” Already, the younger man was back to his sketch with an unconvinced, “Mhm.” Why did he allow his sister to drag him into these things?

Princess of Darkness

Poorly

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

I like your writings
      Love to see what else you write.

Assistant
      DON'T MESS UP MY TEMPO!

Country
      Netherlands
      AL Points

Huge lover of anything Russian related...are you into Vodka by any chance?

Good becomes great, this is why you were chosen
      Because a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows, compassion

Princess of Darkness

Poorly

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by YuseiFudou97 View Post
      Huge lover of anything Russian related...are you into Vodka by any chance?

That GIF made me laugh lol
      You seriously had to mention Vodka....now I want a strong Screwdriver lol

Thread Information