• Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Xabungle in the Jungle
      Toot Fucking Toot

Shy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Re: Remember the Playstation 1?

Oh and I forgot to mention that the Neo Geo systems all have good startups. RIP real SNK.
      Quote Originally Posted by XIL_69, Speaker of Truth
      Now this is a thread since Citizen is here !

Moderator Of The Fallen
      "Tea is Love Tea is Life"

Sigh

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by GraceMellody View Post
      The PS1 startup is honestly one of my favourite startups
      Probably only second to Gamecube
      Same here I agree

"I'm not sure whats more painful living a life yet never really living or dying yet wanting to live."

Nep-Nep!

Happy

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by GraceMellody View Post
      The PS1 startup is honestly one of my favourite startups
      Probably only second to Gamecube
      Haha, couldn't agree more I have so many memories attached to both of these it's unreal and the more recent start-ups (PS4 and Xbox One) just aren't any where near as memorable!

Quote Originally Posted by lambda-sky View Post
      Even 9?

That's a good one.

When I was a kid and playing ff7 I cried so hard when I got to the end of disc1 that my mum took it away from me and I never got to finish it until I was 16 or some embarrassing age.
      For some reason she didn't realize 8/9/10 were all part of the same franchise though.

Wait, you mean you didn't like 9? Is that a serious question? lol, of course 9 too. Never heard anyone word something that way about 9 before. I have heard it about 12 and 13 but not any major down votes to 9. I get this is PS1 talk but do some folk really hate 9 that much? I mostly see love for it.
      What lol, how did she not realise haha? Then again if you're not into gaming they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohAtem View Post
      Yeah I'm pretty far in Stormblood right now and I get the feeling I'm in for it like the battles are not that hard but I know that final fantasy does that then kicks your but. I'll probably build up some of my different parts. I'm a summoner and a healer so I want to build my other ones up. Red mage and others. I gota new gaming computer not too long ago and my old used to go slowly so it was hard to dodge but now that I an dodge at least I'm not taking huge hits unless I have all the hate on the boss and the boss says screw your pet and comes after me instead which does happen.
      Ah have u picked Summonor and your also playing Scholar?
      So nice that u get 2 jobs levelled at the same time isn't it?

Man I miss the game!
      I really like Paladin but I never levelled one high yet. Tanking end game stuff scared me off but I should just try.
      I have a lvl 70 warrior and samurai. Loved them both. I love all the classes and jobs in XIV really with Monk been my least favourite, don't really like that one.

I loved Warrior and tanking on it was fun but I wish there was a mode for pure DPS on it where I can queue up without having to be a tank. Maybe the Warrior of Darkness could be a pure DPS warrior in shadowbringers...hopefuly but I doubt it lol

Xabungle in the Jungle
      Toot Fucking Toot

Shy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

IX is decent. It could be much, much worse. It could be VIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
      IX is decent. It could be much, much worse. It could be VIII.
      Other than the DRAW system (which I found dull) and the forced Laguna scenarios (the 2 things I hated the first time, though not so much replaying). What did u not like about 8?

I actually loved all of the PS1 games, including 8 and 9.
      Every FF seems to get lovers and haters though lol.
      Me personally, I have enjoyed most of them but 7,8,9 were the golden age for me.

That's not to say 10 was bad though, I loved the heck out of that one too but 7,8,9 were just perfect imo but it's when it was all fresh to me and there was just nothing that good for me personally back then.

Xabungle in the Jungle
      Toot Fucking Toot

Shy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by xenosora View Post
      What did u not like about 8?
      The fact that they didn't just write a more interesting game about Laguna. But honestly the entire main plot of the game is pretty much a wash. Especially every second of discs 3 and 4. Ultimecia makes Exdeath look like a well-written character, but at least Exdeath is amusing, and Griever is an even dumber surprise boss than Necron, shoehorned into the final battle for some hamfisted symbolism to top off the player's journey through Squall's completely uninteresting personality. Didn't care for most of the cast and yeah, the Draw/Junction system is a bore, I prefer the mechanics of any of the other main games from IV through X.

Everything in VIII felt dull, unlikable, or just like a hot mess of poorly executed ideas. VIII even managed to take amnesia, which is already a terrible plot device, and elevate it to new levels of stupid. And then they end it all with a bootstrap paradox just to rub your nose in the fact that you helped ensure the entire mess of a game would happen.

Wait, you mean you didn't like 9? Is that a serious question? lol, of course 9 too. Never heard anyone word something that way about 9 before. I have heard it about 12 and 13 but not any major down votes to 9. I get this is PS1 talk but do some folk really hate 9 that much? I mostly see love for it.
      Sorry, I didn't realise you would be so horrified. Don't worry about it.

I think my favorite's actually Final Fantasy 9.^^;

It kind of feels like a classic FF game, from before 7, and I like that. Not that 7 is bad, but I think I prefer the whimsical feel of the world in 9 to the sort of magitech feel of 7, 8, and 10.

Moderator Of The Fallen
      "Tea is Love Tea is Life"

Sigh

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I need to get bk to my PS1 games

"I'm not sure whats more painful living a life yet never really living or dying yet wanting to live."

Quote Originally Posted by Elhaym View Post
      I think my favorite's actually Final Fantasy 9.^^;

It kind of feels like a classic FF game, from before 7, and I like that. Not that 7 is bad, but I think I prefer the whimsical feel of the world in 9 to the sort of magitech feel of 7, 8, and 10.
      Yes exactly. Many people jump on the "ff7 is the best game ever/ff8 is the worst game ever" memtrain but there are more simultaneities than differences. They're both about moody introvert MCs surrounded by pseudo-family type characters with sudden responsibilities thrust upon them in a futuristic/sci-fi world with fantasy elements. FF9 is about a happy-go-lucky extrovert surrounded by bizarre and colourful characters in a bubbly castles and princesses type fantasy world.

I think it's weird to find people who genuinely enjoy 7/8 and 9 on equal levels because they're obviously so different and targetted at different people but there's nothing wrong with that of course.

Sorry, I didn't realise you would be so horrified. Don't worry about it.
      Not horrified just shocked and surprised lol

Yes exactly. Many people jump on the "ff7 is the best game ever/ff8 is the worst game ever" memtrain but there are more simultaneities than differences. They're both about moody introvert MCs surrounded by pseudo-family type characters with sudden responsibilities thrust upon them in a futuristic/sci-fi world with fantasy elements. FF9 is about a happy-go-lucky extrovert surrounded by bizarre and colourful characters in a bubbly castles and princesses type fantasy world.

I think it's weird to find people who genuinely enjoy 7/8 and 9 on equal levels because they're obviously so different and targetted at different people but there's nothing wrong with that of course.
      As an introvert myself that is probably why I like Cloud and Squall so much. They are really interesting to me.
      I loved Zidane and Tidus as well though.

I've liked every FF so far, with 10-2 been my least favourite but I am planning on giving that a 2nd chance at some point

Administrator
      Let it snow, Let it snow.

Crazy

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Ah have u picked Summonor and your also playing Scholar?
      So nice that u get 2 jobs levelled at the same time isn't it?

Man I miss the game!
      I really like Paladin but I never levelled one high yet. Tanking end game stuff scared me off but I should just try.
      I have a lvl 70 warrior and samurai. Loved them both. I love all the classes and jobs in XIV really with Monk been my least favourite, don't really like that one.

I loved Warrior and tanking on it was fun but I wish there was a mode for pure DPS on it where I can queue up without having to be a tank. Maybe the Warrior of Darkness could be a pure DPS warrior in shadowbringers...hopefuly but I doubt it lol
      Yeah the only differents is my scholor needs better armor it couldn't go through Doma Castle without dieing and a dieing healer kills everyone. So far my summoner is doing good but I failed in passing the latest primal I have the worst record I could go into a dungeon and I'd be fine but a Primal no.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information