• zzzz

Nep-Nep!

Happy

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

EA announces remastered Command & Conquer

Following on from theri earlier announcement of a mobile game adapatation of the franchise, Command & Conquer: Rivals, EA has low-key announced they are working on a remaster of the originals for PC Having been a C&C fan for 2 decades now I cannot express my excitement and joy for this and am genuinely looking forward to further news and posts. With the last installment being Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight in 2010 and with the 25th anniversary coming up in 2020, a new game is definitely overdue and I'm really keen to see what they do for the anniverary

Anyone else here like the C&C games and if so which is your favourite?

I've always been exceptionally fond of Red Alert 2 and the original C&C Tiberian Sun

Grindstone.
      Horny

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Re: EA announces remastered Command & Conquer

Red Alert: Retaliation was my first RTS, and it's still one of my favorites. I have a particularly fond memory of Renegade as well-- someone spent all game saving for a tank; I stole it, having just joined the game and playing for the first time; they chased me across the map using the voice command "get out of the vehicle", and I kept replying "negative". Ah, the days before full voice chat. Anyway, that probably wouldn't be included in a remaster, but that's okay. I'd be interested just to play Retaliation again, or some variant of it
      .:Stop:Breathe:Shatter:.

TheRealLuthien: Your character can blow things up by touching them
      TheRealLuthien: If I knew I was going to be this fucked I wouldn't have posted!

Rolling NEED

Drunk

Country
      Estonia
      AL Points

I really like C&C Tiberian Sun, I still play it every now and then. I wouldn't really want it to be remastered. It doesn't look that bad and has a neat charm to it. I also played C&C Renegade. It wasn't amazing, but being able to play 1 foot soldier in a C&C universe was appealing to me. Sadly the multiplayer didn't have many players.

Administrator
      Beware my fangs and watch as I roast you in Dragon flames

Angry

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Never played them myself.

Nep-Nep!

Happy

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skye View Post
      Red Alert: Retaliation was my first RTS, and it's still one of my favorites. I have a particularly fond memory of Renegade as well-- someone spent all game saving for a tank; I stole it, having just joined the game and playing for the first time; they chased me across the map using the voice command "get out of the vehicle", and I kept replying "negative". Ah, the days before full voice chat. Anyway, that probably wouldn't be included in a remaster, but that's okay. I'd be interested just to play Retaliation again, or some variant of it
      Oh my goodness!!! I didn't even know there was a 'Retaliation' game. Then again, I don't think I've ever played a C&C game on anything other than a PC. My first introduction to C&C was the first Red Alert game on Windows 95/8; I borrowed a friends copy and instantly got hooked, buying my own copy a short time later. After that came Tib Sun and then Red Alert 2. I then went back in time and played the first ever C&C I too have many fond memories especially from the Red Alert games - Tanya was totally bad ass!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerkeg View Post
      I really like C&C Tiberian Sun, I still play it every now and then. I wouldn't really want it to be remastered. It doesn't look that bad and has a neat charm to it. I also played C&C Renegade. It wasn't amazing, but being able to play 1 foot soldier in a C&C universe was appealing to me. Sadly the multiplayer didn't have many players.
      This is true, Tib Sun has thankfully aged pretty damned well and the modded maps and add-ons make for a very interesting game even today I used to love discovering new modded maps on the 'free-to-join' lobbies In fact, I think I even still have a couple of burnt CD-RWs somewhere that solely contain downloaded maps for Tib Sun Didn't really get in to Renegade myself but do remember playing through it.

Nep-Nep!

Happy

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohAtem View Post
      Never played them myself.
      You've definitely missed out! C&C is a MUST for any RTS players

Thread Information