• Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool re: back again here ... An OLDER SCHOOL Otaku

Well, well, I came back to this boards community... since long ago I'm not posting here all my older post are been clean up ...

In my behalf, ( yes, on my own ) I am a older guy ( very older one ... better don't ask! ) well, let's say I'am level 42. That's nothing! he he

So to point a piece, I start watching anime in the 1980 when even we do not know this "cartoons" where came from ...
      Later after joining a RPG (or; Role Play Game) "table top" Club, We did an Anime season, and there where was my first knowing that what "manga & anime" meaning, many, but MANY of all this brilliant cartoons I've been watched over years came from Japan, and people start calling (or using the TAG) Anime, to differentiate they from American Cartoons ... then "otaku" and many more other Japanese words ...

Even I still getting older, I still enjoying watching Anime. The last one I just finish it today is a masterpiece I discover in Netflix. Hisone and Masotan "ひそねとまそたん" AKA: Dragon Pilot, Hisone and Masotan. ...

also from last season, I've watched. DxD High School Season 4, and there you can see all the anime I have watched in my M.A.L profile ...

I may not answer you as quick as I wish ... ( yes, adults life is harder than you think) ... but here I am to share and enjoy chatting and making new friends.

Jya matta! Shiger (AKA ekkun)
      Last edited by Ekkun; 02-24-2019 at 11:36 PM.
      Have a look at my presentation post here.
      Manga wa kikenjanai, kedo mugaku desu.

Bored

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: back again here ... An OLDER SCHOOL Otaku

Hi @Rubio welcome back

Hope you enjoy it here again and feel free to message me if you want to chat/have any queries
      • Ekkun thanked IkkleGemz for 10 AL Points: awesome!
      Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
      Come say hi in Entrance Hall and join in our events! || My Journal ||
      All art by Catacombs

thanks @.:Gemz:. I'll

I seeing you here Hyper active. hehe.

Which is you top 10 Anime? Do you got a MAL account?
      If that, you can add me as friend ::: https://myanimelist.net/profile/shiger

BTW, did you give a chance to any OLD school Anime? ( meaning 1980's -90's ) ...
      Jya ne!

Bored

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Rubio I'd probably say at the moment Fairy Tail, Himouto! Umaru-Chan, My Love Story!, Attack on Titan, Kiki's Delivery Service, Kakuriyo -Bed & Breakfast for Spirits-, Noragami, Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0, Assassination Classroom and Sweetness & Lightning.

I don't use MAL much (prefer Anime Planet or AniList) but I will add you still
      All art by Catacombs

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Hi @Rubio Welcome!

Thankyou Momogari

Spoiler:  

🍒🍒🍒
      Thankyou HentaiSenpai!

wooow, interesting, I get a look at Ani-List, and Anime-Planet. I may be take some time to create an account later. BTW, thanks for the add. I just accepted. \ ( ^_^ ) v

I was taking a long break from watching animes... because few years ago the streaming sites are in a completely rubbish quality video, too many and big pixel >_<

Now, the connexions and the many improvements on networks allow to stream in a decent quality. No time to follow al the releases by Emule, nor Torrent ... and the weight ... too high. 500Mb for a 20 minutes Ep. XDD

I remember in earliest 2000, when in a 700Mb CD, a Fansubs fit all 24 TV eps. or even a full movie... Then start increasing so much. I think a decent quality was about 200 -250 Mb x ep. where a full 12 Ep serie can fit in a DVD.

are you downloading any of the TV series you watching?

What I watched recently that like me more; Island; Dragon Pilot - Hisone and Maso-tan; Mahoutsukai no Yome, 3-gatsu no Lion, Sora yori mo Tooi Basho,
      Yoru Camp < very interesting guide to Camp in Japan XD >; Yama no susume All 3 Season. ( 1 & 2 are short as 3 Min by Ep x 12ep Each season... you can watch it in about 1 hour. XDD < If do you like Hikking, it a quite nice to know many real places around Japan, I planned some of they to visit when I'll be there, in Japan. The 3rd Season was about 13-15 Min an Ep by 13 eps.> Imouto Sae ireba Ii.. Kakurio no Yadomeshi < I think you watched this one as well> , Hinamatsuri, < it was pretty hilarious!!! > ; Piano no Mori; mmm...

Mor or less, that it.
      ( I watche many more; ... https://myanimelist.net/animelist/sh...=16&order2=-14 ) but the ones I may recommend are the ones i put up.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeny View Post
      Hi @Rubio Welcome!
      Hi @Teeny . Thanks.

Which Animes have you watched lately?

Bored

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Rubio most of it I just stream on Crunchyroll but I have downloaded via Netflix so only using "proper" channels
      All art by Catacombs

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Rubio The newest series I have started to watch recently are the new Jojo's bizarre adventure and Goblin Slayer, I'm also watching attack on titan season 3 and catching up with Steins Gate 0. What about you?
      I use MAL alot aswell, there is a link below to my list and you are welcome to add me as a friend if you like

Thankyou Momogari

Spoiler:  

🍒🍒🍒
      Thankyou HentaiSenpai!

EZ & EH Moderator
      Beep Boop Beep Boop

Awesome

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Hello @Rubio welcome back! Hope you've settled back in ok but if you need anything let me know

Master Gemz Servant

Piratey

Country
      Portugal
      AL Points

Welcome back to AL @Rubio

I can identify with what you said...
      I remember that in the 90's when Dragon Ball appeared on television it was only considered a cartoon and the difference between a cartoon and an anime was not known.
      Needless to say, at the time we did not have cable TV and we were far from having access to the internet so the information was very limited.

I'm very happy to see another anime fan from the old school here in the forum, i hope that you enjoy you're stay and make some new friends along the way, if you need anything feel free to say or PM me.

Talking Re: back again here ... An OLDER SCHOOL Otaku

Quote Originally Posted by .:Gemz:. View Post
      Rubio most of it I just stream on Crunchyroll but I have downloaded via Netflix so only using "proper" channels
      That's is good. @.:Gemz:. Other way manga and Anime industries are struggling because the excess of "Scanlation and Fansubbers" But the most ... because many of the ones who call himself "Otaku" ... but have never bought a Manga nor Anime in DVD with their poorly youngster income ( aka: parents money to easy understand).
      I presently enjoying a lot with Netflix, and I thinking seriously in Crunchyroll. I saw born and grow Crunchiroll as business in the earliest 2000. Their where sponsorship of a website ( mcanime ,net ) A forum portal like this in latin Spanish where aglomerate a buch of unoficial ( AKA FAN-subbers) groups and downloadable contend.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeny View Post
      @Rubio The newest series I have started to watch recently are the new Jojo's bizarre adventure and Goblin Slayer, I'm also watching attack on titan season 3 and catching up with Steins Gate 0. What about you?
      I use MAL alot aswell, there is a link below to my list and you are welcome to add me as a friend if you like
      @Teeny Jojo's I got a friend really fan of this Video game franchise, I must have to see a little of it. I like Fantasy and Sword and sorcery, so Globin Slayers must won some points as well in my list. But not to sure of AOT. TT__TT
      I haven't read the manga... but watched in Netflix the 2 previous seasons ... and it don't cath me after all. The same happens to me with Death Note, after everyone speaking so great about it ... I bought the collector BR series ... and give it away. TT__TT. First part was interesting, but the end get twisted, as the author get bored or run out of a good ideas to made the series keeping interest.
      I am in the philosophy of He, or the editors made him to clos the series by lag of selling in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmartins View Post
      Welcome back to AL Rubio

I can identify with what you said...
      I remember that in the 90's when Dragon Ball appeared on television it was only considered a cartoon and the difference between a cartoon and an anime was not known.
      Needless to say, at the time we did not have cable TV and we were far from having access to the internet so the information was very limited.

I'm very happy to see another anime fan from the old school here in the forum, i hope that you enjoy you're stay and make some new friends along the way, if you need anything feel free to say or PM me.
      Hi @Cmartins Yeah! Pleased to meet you!
      That's right, we grow with a lots of lag of information about Japan, and anime and manga .... Now days is soo easy to find whathever you need, even before it get animated.
      I still having my collection of Manga Magazines publised in middle '90's where was the only fonts of information, moustly late. hehehe. and where many, many articles speaking about "X" or "Y" series ... ended with ( We will see someday here... ) soo sadly. Then is when Fansub's and Fan-editors ( I got few Manga, self published by FANs, because Editors have not selling enought for the series, and end shutting donw withou ending. ) it was a really pissing off for many of us. TT__TT
      the fisrt edition of RANMA 1/2 in Spanish, was like the one by Dark House in USA ( and sure many other Countries...) 48 pages monthly ... it run by 6 or 7 series of few numbers before another Editor start publishing it in Volumes early in the 2000.

I feeling to old now remembering all that kind. hehehehe

in a couple of weeks, I am facing back to Barcelona (Spain) to attend to the" XXIV Salon del Manga de Barcelona" ... after few years without going. I went every edition from 1st in 1995, until 20010, then I went 2 more editions... and nothing until the next one, in November 1st, -4th.

It now, is probably as bigger as the San Diego's in USA. even more, I think it's probably bigger than the MCM in London. But definetely, is the Older one in Spain, and most important for editors and fandom.

Woow!! I wrote a big one. hehehee

Hi @Pixedora. Many thanks for the welcome. here you can read a little of Otaku's history. hehehe

PS: I was busiest last weekend, I attend to "XII MangAmore" that's is why I have not appear here. :p

Mod
      There’s always one...

Annoyed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Welcome back!

Wasn't around when you were first on here, but glad to welcome you back!

Many thanks @H03nn89

whoever, this days I've been busy and didn't post nearly nothing here in AL.

I wish to catch it up in the follow days.

Cheers.

Canadians Rock
      zzzz

Country
      Canada
      AL Points

Welcome to AL @Rubio . You are not old, look out you MAL profile can see you a few months younger than me. Could tell you my anime story but this post is about you, not about me. It quire similar though. If you want to chat, feel free to send me a PM.

Have fun here.

Cool Re: back again here ... An OLDER SCHOOL Otaku

[ EDITED ]

Double POST.
      Pleas DELETE IT!

Thanks.
      Last edited by Ekkun; 11-15-2018 at 01:51 PM. Reason: double posting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information