• Sad
  • Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: The Fall and Rebirth of the Dragon Kingdom (Casual/18+)

Rai was glad to see the person back off though he noticed the person stared at his blade for a moment and then seemed to deepen his thoughts. This altercation became more and more confusing as he listened to the person in front of him. They talked as if they knew a lot about the area, but something about the situation seemed too set up to be mere coincidence. Jumping to conclusions was something he hated to do, but situations with lack of information always seemed to make their way to him. His thoughts were pulled away from the person in front of him as he heard the sound of rushing steps. The sound and presence made a slight smile appear on his face. Cri had appeared at his side. Even with his change in appearance, it appeared she could still sense him in some way and know it was him. This made him feel better so he wouldn't have to explain himself further to her to prove himself and also give away what he was to the person in front of them.

As the two began to yell at each other, he listened quietly and watched for movements and actions from the person in front of them. Only shadows played across the man's features, but something still felt off. His night vision wasn't perfect and it had been a while since he had used the tiefling form, but something didn't set right. As he thought this, his attention was drawn more on the words of both Cri and the mysterious person with them. The way Cri spoke, he was able to verify that not whole truths were being given by their potential attacker. This made things only more problematic as the man spoke further about possibly helping them navigate the forest.

Though his sword remained at his side, his other hand made its way to Cri's shoulder. He let it rest their gently even as his eyes remained on their guest. It was evident that the man's words had bothered her. Her link to her goddess was a strong sense of herself and slandering it in any way would obviously bother her. They were in a situation that anger could cause actions that would potentially cause more harm than good.

"Cri, though I do agree that things are not fully being brought out into the open, we must be careful here. The fact that you know this forest helps us greatly, but if we get caught up in unnecessary fighting, we will only weaken ourselves. The battles we have must be chosen with care."

Before he could speak further, he felt a warmth wash over him as a purple aura softly surrounded both him and Cri. The feeling was pleasant and he could sense the source coming from Terra. It would seem the bit of food he gave her had helped her keep her strength up, if even only enough for a small spell like this. As he smiled to himself, another voice had his attention moved slightly again. His vision caught sight of Kaida as she entered the tunnel again. Her return had him both happy and also worried. Now that the person in front of them potentially knew her identity, their was no telling what might be done. Her words made him look back towards their guest and he ever so slightly brought himself between the man and Kaida. Even though he wished for no violence and hoped none would come out of this, he did not want to relax himself and leave an opening directly towards the one person they are trying their best at protecting for the moment.

TheOrginalPotatoe
      "What can I say me and insanity were meant to be"

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Terra felt Rai react to her spell she smiled she was glad he was alright and sighed in relief she was glad Cri was with him too maybe together they could find out what this person wanted. She hoped they would help rather than attack it was then she noticed Kaida go into the tunnels.

Terra stood by the entrance if the tunnel the barrier wavering she bit her lip she had this bad feeling that when the barrier went she would feel that sickness again.If so that would be bad as she would be helpless and unable to use her magic effectively.

She looked at the sky and felt it a storm was coming she sighed just their luck. She shouted into the tunnel "I hate to interrupt you but a storm is coming we need settle things soon or we will be in worst of it."

The barrier then faded and she jumped back into the tunnel she covered her mouth a few moments and landed next to Rai. She moved her hands slowly and stared out into the forest watching trying to figure out if it was safe however no toxins no nothing she blinked she was,so sure earlier she sensed something was she wrong? After all she was not at full strength maybe she losing it.

Terra couldn't understand it maybe it was just her whatever the case she felt best to preserve the rest or her magic for the time being.

"Maybe She's born with it...maybe she's Erine"

Quoted by H03nn89

To read my current work check out:

https://www.animeleague.net/forum/sh...-s-what-I-hear

In the creative&Writing section of AL!

To read more of my writings, poetry or look at my other works please check out:

https://www.deviantart.com/silentangelawaits

On my Deviantart which has everything else on!

Have A Happy Valentines Day Everyone! ^^

Silence is the Sound of Madness

Godly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

As more and more people back tracked into the cave, qZari was not sure he could take them all if it came to a confrontation. He probably could manage them all out in the forest but he couldn't risk the possibility that the princess might get hurt. He decided it was best to be more honest with them. While the next bit he was going to speak was not going to be a lie, it would divulge his secrets.

"Alright! Jesus. I was at the bar where y'all caused all the ruckus. I followed you to the library. You all looked like you might have been hiding some sort of secret treasure and I was gonna take it. See, I am a thief. Usually I am a thief for hire but times and contracts have been scarce y'know." He said. He reached down to his belt where he pulled the librarian's money bag out.

"Their was a scuffle while i was searching the library so I hid in the shadows. After it was resolved i continued my search. The dude should have been dead, this throat was slit from ear to ear. But he kept gurgling something about a princess. He then gave me this bag with some weird ass rocks in it. " he held the bag out to the princess. The stones were defiantly some sort of artifact from the Dragon Kingdom, but they would be unfamiliar to the princess. They were a crystallized heart of a baby dragon. They were given willingly by dragons that were too sick or vulnerable to make it to adult hood and were the rarest artifact that could be found in the previous kingdom. They possessed powerful natural magic that would protect their wielder from a strand of fate. Although qZari was not sure if the princess would know what they did or how much of an important gift he was offering her. He was sure though, that the dragon she possessed would know their value and would soon react.

"I am not a friend or a foe. Just a man looking for a job. Although a thief, I am not a grave robber or cutthroat. So the man with his dying breath gave me these stones. Seeing as to I helped myself to a few of his valuables, I feel like I gotta finish the job. And I wasn't giving these fancy rocks to no tiefling." he said. His gaze drew past Rai, only residing their a moment when it landed on him.
      Last edited by zgawd; 12-28-2018 at 02:08 AM.

Vampire Kitty
      If Vampire Kitty doesn't get her pets she will bite lol

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kaida shed a few tears.What she feared was confirmed.The librarian,the man that raised her since the collapse of the Dragon Kingdom was dead.She didn't know what to feel or think at this point.She lightly shook her head to bring her back into the current moment.

She took what the stranger handed her.It seemed familiar but she couldn't remember what they were for.She knew they were special and were powerful.At that moment her dragon poked its head out of her satchel.No point in trying to hide her dragon anymore.

She looked at the stranger."I can't promise you anything now but if you can help me regain the throne I promise to reward you well." She looked at all her companions. "I will reward you all well." She let out a smile.

"Let's camp for now.Then travel in the morning.We all will need our strength for the adventure ahead."

I missed my chance

Sigh

Country
      USA
      AL Points

"I'm keeping an eye on you. You're story, while making some sense, can also be spun by a wise mouth." Her holy power waning, she returns to her Tiefling form. The armor returns to it's normal self as well. Though for some reason the shield remained... "Odd..." She looks puzzled at it and was she gaining some favor back from the other god? Who knew. Looking around she found a good spot for making camp.... "Okay if we're going to camp.... We need to set up watches. I suggest those that need less sleep watch first. I volunteer for first. I can do it alone or if anyone cares to join me, you may."
      (Chorus from Let You Down by Seether)So say something beautiful/Say what you're keeping inside/This anticipation, I will only let you down/Say something meaningful/Say what you're trying to hide/This anticipation, I will only let you down

A big thanks to @xWickedNekox for this amazing set

Vampire Kitty

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kaida smiled as Criella said that she had a eye on the newcomer.It was nice to know that she didn't have to keep her eye on everyone.She didn't know any of them honestly and she was already placing alot of blind faith on them.Maybe that is what is needed in the realm these days.Someone that can give you the benefit of a doubt.

"I can do the next watch." She said as she smiled to Criella.

The baby dragon let out a little cry as it was hungry.Kaida read in one of the books in the library when she was younger that dragons ate meat.She did read alot about dragons growing up.She knew that the knowledge would come in handy one of these days.She went into her supply bag a
      and grabbed a small piece of meat out as she sat down.The dragon gladly took the meat that she offered.After it was finished eating it let out a breath of fire as it burped.Kaida smiled and chuckled at this.

You will need a name, she thought.

Before she could forget she asked her companions if any of them knew how to make a fire.
      Last edited by Sirena; 01-08-2019 at 05:04 AM.

Rai silently watched the man as he supposedly finally spoke the truth. From what he had seen in the library, his description of the librarian was correct. Rai had not stayed long enough to check how the attack had happened so he could not fully believe his story. Already the man had given up that he was a thief and had meant to steal from them. That thought did not give him a good feeling for what might be to come, but for now he waited on Kaida's next words. Even as the man held out the bag, he did not move. He wanted to make sure that everything would be alright. The man had proved himself to be quick so a complete lack of guard would be wreckless. Kaida took the bag and soon after, a creature revealed itself from her bag. As he noticed it was a dragon, his eyes widened for a moment, but soon relaxed as he thought it would make sense that she would have one as the princess. The thought of a reward for their help had not occurred to him. Originally it had been a spur of the moment decision to help, but he had planned to travel with them to see what would happen. Travel was all he had for his life so far so why not spend it with a group of different people in hopes of some sort of story gained from it.

As the situation was de-escalated by the princess and Cri, Rai relaxed slightly, but kept his guard up as he looked away from the thief. Considering the thief's words, it was obvious his change into the tiefling had gone unnoticed. It would appear he would be in this form for a while, at least until he knew he could trust the thief. All he could hope was that the rest of the group would not ask questions as to why he did not return to his normal form. At the question about camping and watches, Rai raised his hand. As a traveler, fires were no mystery to him. Considering they were near the forest, gathering wood was simple and after a few moments he had a small fire going and it would slowly grow as more wood was added. Though he doubted a creature would attack their group, too large a fire would also risk the chance of notice from others and they would rather not be noticed more than necessary.

"I can help you with the first watch as well. If need be, I can cover a good portion of the night. I slept well while in the town so a bit of sleep loss won't affect me for a while."

Though his words were true, he also wanted to have some time to talk to Cri about her situation she was in if possible. She had given an odd look at her shield as she stopped using her power and he was curious as to what had happened. Discussion about keeping watch on the thief would also probably come up. As he thought about this, he watched as Kaida fed the dragon hatchling and seemed to enjoy watching it move. The baby seemed weak now, but it would grow to be a powerful force in time. The biology of dragons and how quickly they grew was something he wasn't as familiar with, but for now it would need as much protection as Kaida did.

Godly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

"Well you're a bunch of un-trusting greenhorns aren't ya. Running out into the wilderness to run away from some bar fight. If I didn't know any better I was say you were already wanted people. " he said in mumbled tones. He turned away as the dragon stired from his pouch. He did not want to look at the dragon for many reasons. The excuse he used now was so that anyone scrying him wouldn't be able to detect the dragon as well. He went into the forest the opposite way of the others. As they grabbed tinder for the fire he went looking for a few logs they could use as stools. It didn't take long for him to find two he could carry back. He tossed them toward where the party made came and shook his head.

"Any reason we ain't just perchin up in the cave? I mean camping outside a hop jump and skip away ain't really reasonable is it?" qZari said. He shook his head wondering what he had gotten himself into. Although this concerns was more about the princess' doings, it would seem he was dissatisfied with the party.

"We got a fight happy pacifist, a sneaky tiefling, some magical half naked elf lady, a scrappy sell sword, and some make believe princess. I guess as long as the job pays it will have to do." he said. He reached down towards his belt belt with both hands before he sat on one of the stumps he found. Then he wiggled his derriere a little, as if he was trying to screw the log into the dirt below them. Once he was satisfied with his log's stability he reached for one of the pouches that dangled from his belt. He yanked it away from his belt and it then that one might realize it was a dead rabbit and not a pouch.

"Tiefling, if the ladies are hungry you can cook em this." he tossed the carcase close to a spot near the fire. The impact cuased a little ash to stir in the air and any that gleamed through the fire at him while the ash was in the air, would be aware of a grey and subtle aura that surrounded him. Although none would understand what it meant for many moons to come.

just enjoying lidw

Happy

Country
      UK
      AL Points

The half silver dragon Rose and zink and drow brother and sister listen carefully from the edge of the room, from birth they were hated yet they had done nothing wrong, their mother Luna is a drow yet she was not evil as so many of her brethren, as a matter of fact she hated the constant conflict of all the other elves and just wanted to bring everyone closer. Because of being different they were chases to the surface along with their mother, their father would secretly check up and help but above protect them in his own way when he could. Being dirt poor Zink became a shadow thife and ranger and rose became a summoner and beast master she always felt close to nature so this was perfect for her.
      The brother and sister would wait to see what would happen next in this misfit group before going over to them, you would of thought as a drow and dragon you hate humans but they were raised to give people a chance till proven they are truly evil or not this gave them a wider perspective that many that were not raised like this and they were greatful it kept them off the radar.
      By Nethack

TheOrginalPotatoe
      "What can I say me and insanity were meant to be"

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Terra had stood silently watching and listening to everyone around her she sighed to her self she felt out of place so alone she wondered how she had got here and now she was would she be able to do much? she hoped to be useful and to be able to help the princess why she was helping she did not know. It took everything she had not to shout a response to QZar as she was clothed in a dress its not like any of her private parts were on display in any kind of way the cloak hide her fully as it kept her warm and helped hide her when needed. She supposed given the cloak was long it hid her so well that could look as though she was not fully clothed she did not say anything to him instead looked away. Everyone seemed to be doing things but she had nothing to do nor knew what to do she wanted to talk to the others but couldnt bring her self to so instead she did the only thing she felt she could do.

Terra decided she needed to calm her mind it was then she decided to climb a tree that was not far from the fire and high enough she could both look at the sky and look around the party she took this time to sing a elven song to calm her self she sang for quite some time it reflected how she felt her sorrow her pain her confusion her frustration yet also her determination to not give up hope. It was said those who heard a elves song such as this one would gain something new or so the tale spoke of.

Terra knew Cri was on guard and seemed Rai was with her, Kaida was feeding the dragon which did not surprise her nor did her having a dragon it made sense, Qzar was by the fire she then looked up at the sky and stared at the moon "I know its been awhile since we last spoke forgive me i know you both said that when times are tough and i seek guidance to look to the sky at night and look to the moon to find you and everyone to help me on my path but I do not know what I can do I am just a moon elf a elvia one who once had a clan and then was enslaved an left all alone. If I meant to do something or have something i can do please tell me my brothers an sisters because I am losing all hope." She whispered all of this she then closed her eyes then cried silently.

"Maybe She's born with it...maybe she's Erine"

Quoted by H03nn89

To read my current work check out:

https://www.animeleague.net/forum/sh...-s-what-I-hear

In the creative&Writing section of AL!

To read more of my writings, poetry or look at my other works please check out:

https://www.deviantart.com/silentangelawaits

On my Deviantart which has everything else on!

Have A Happy Valentines Day Everyone! ^^

Vampire Kitty

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kaida blinked and sighed as the thief said that she was some make-believe Princess.She didn't expect anyone to believe that she was who she claimed to be.Only time will confirm it and in all honestly the thief will consider himself a fool when it is confirmed.He was right about one thing.She was a wanted person...If discovered by the wrong people she would surely be executed.Something her and the Kingdom didn't need.

So instead of explaining that he is wrong about her,she let it go.She totally ignored the thief til he asked why they didn't camp in the caves..

"Simple.In the caves there is no escape route if something goes wrong.With camping in the forest we can scatter." She smirked."As a thief you should have thought about that.For you need to get out quickly and not be trapped." She couldn't help but to chuckle for it seemed silly that he asked.

Kaida then decided to put her dragon back into the satchel so it can rest and so she can keep it safe.Even though they are her traveling companions she wasn't sure that any one of them won't take off with her dragon.

I missed my chance

Sigh

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Cri looked around at everyone. "Okay. Rai and I shall take first watch. After we cook.... What is this?" She looks at the carcass and stared blankly. "Forgive me...." She cast a detection spell upon the dead thing and found it wasn't poisoned. At least it didn't radiate any. She moves it to the fire and takes a small kit from seemingly nowhere. She unfolds it into a sort of raised grating. She places the meat over it and watches it as it sizzles. Also from seemingly nowhere she pulls out a pouch with dried rations. She sets it in front of her and takes a small piece of dried bread and begins to eat a bit. "What do you suppose we do? I don't trust the guy. Calling me a fight happy pacifist...." She grumbles.
      (Chorus from Let You Down by Seether)So say something beautiful/Say what you're keeping inside/This anticipation, I will only let you down/Say something meaningful/Say what you're trying to hide/This anticipation, I will only let you down

Godly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

qZari was ashamed that the princess had this party of seemingly self-absorbed people around her. They were al so caught up in their own emotions for the very little ribbing that he had partook in, they had failed to notice another presence. Good, perhaps with this group, he could take the princess away from green horns she had surrounded herself with. Then the pass-a-fist decided to detect the meat for poison, this was the perfect opportunity. qZari let out a short, but exorbitant burst of laughter.

“Check the rabbit to see if something is afoot! I love it. You are alright with me Happy.” He motioned toward sulking paladin. Just then the song of the elf caught his ear, and he wondered if she knew the natural magic that was in her poem. Lost to many of the new age elves, the ones that wandered and didn’t stay secluded, was this magical melody. qZari’s face softened, and his eyes closed, and for the first time in years he forgot where the closet dagger lay hidden on her person. As the moon elf sang it almost seemed to transform him. His skin seemed to glow as if he was beaming with happiness.

“The moon is my mother, my lover and friend, It’s pale light is soothing, warming and clean. Cast off my sins; make them shadows unseen. Judgement she’s lacking for my true reflection she’s seen. But still she cast her glow, on an unsightly like me.” The tone and rhythm matched the elven song sung from the trees, and seemed to be carried with the moonlight. The shadows below him seemed to dance and sway with tune. His voice was astoundingly beautiful. Anyone listening would hardly believe it was sung by a male. Let alone a human of his stature and background.

For a moment all of his defenses were down, he had even forgotten he was trying to start a fight. He had even forgotten about the princess. There had been only being in the world that could do that to him, and this had led to his dark path, and ultimate betrayal of the kingdom. His eyes seemed to be glazed or filled with tears, it was hard to tell in the fire lit forest, but they glistened for a moment longer. He took a deep breath as he closed his eyes, and his demeanor went back to its usual self.

“Brilliant song moonlight sparkles. Although it’s a tad depressing. Tieflings, you know any tunes to cheer up the moon-bard up in the trees?” he said as he pulled a canteen from one of his pouches. He took a sip and then held it out towards the fire, offering anyone the chance to partake in a little drink.

Vampire Kitty

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kaida kept to herself as her companions conversed among themselves.She was far too into her thoughts to notice much of anything really.She wondered why the Librarian had to die.He was much too kind for what fate he had encountered.She also wondered what the road ahead would be like.Would her new allies betray her?Would they be loyal to the end?Nothing but time could tell and it was still too early to determine it.

She sighed as she pondered all her thoughts.Without trying to a tear fell from her eyes.So much burden for her.So much loss in her life.So much more she will encounter.

With her trying to hide her tears she asked her companions what they plan to do when everything was over,after she gained the throne.She was positive that her fate will lead to her sitting on the same throne as her parents had.

I missed my chance

Sigh

Country
      USA
      AL Points

"You scoff, but I always do this. You never know if the rabbit has eaten anything that could be poisonous to us," Criella says as she slowly turns over the rabbit. She heard the song, it was beautiful, but sad as well. Whenever qZari made his quip about seeing if Cri and Rai had known any songs to cheer her up, Cri responded with, "I only know one song, the song of my Goddess, music interests me in the least." She wasn't lying either. The music she grew up with wasn't great, just old folk music. "Plus, if I go singing about my Goddess who knows what will happen." She shuddered at the thought and remembered what had happened the first time.

A long time ago, when Cri was just seven years old. She had found a book somewhere in a library. That book was about Raina, the Pacifist Goddess. It had been lost for some time, but if it was found, it was to be burned. She looked at the cover and the beautifully engraved words etched into it. "The Book of Raina. Hrmmm... Sounds interesting to me!" Cri shoves it under her arm and walks off with it. "Least I got something to read now," She giggles and continues on to her home.

Once home, she goes up to her room on the second floor of the stone and wood building. She opens the book as she sets down. Written on the back of the cover was a message, "You who find this book. It is sought by those that would bury my message in the ground." As she read this a bright light spread across the book. "Keep this book out of those who would destroy this book." The light moved into Criella, this gave her an ability that she wouldn't have until later on her life. Also this was Raina's first contact with Criella.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information