• Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I missed my chance

Sigh

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Re: Another World, Another Story. (Casual, All Welcome)

Chrys spent only moment's in the bath before something else caught her attention. Something off. It was unnerving and truly frightening. This wasn't the same feeling that she felt when Sirius approached, no, it was stronger. How could she have not sensed this earlier. Taking the soaps she stood wiping her hair and body down with it. The process taking a bit longer than she would have liked, but it was her nerves that stalled her. Well. She quickly rinsed herself of the suds and soapy goodness, only to step out and yelp at the cold floor.

After about ten minutes, Chrysanthine leaves the bathroom once again covered in clean wrappings. She looked about the room and saw no trace of Clause. However upon further inspection she did find a note. "I will be outside. -C. Huh, how quaint." She puts it down on the small table next to the door and moves to her belongings. She then slowly takes each piece of armor and dons it very slowly. The entire process takes about twenty minutes. She had to be very delicate, the wrappings hadn't dried fully, so they were easy to mess up. With that done she slowly started to walk around the room. "Good, I don't feel the wrappings loosening." She then grabs her sword and begins to head out.
      (Chorus from Let You Down by Seether)So say something beautiful/Say what you're keeping inside/This anticipation, I will only let you down/Say something meaningful/Say what you're trying to hide/This anticipation, I will only let you down

A big thanks to @xWickedNekox for this amazing set

Silence is the Sound of Madness

Godly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Apprehensive was the man before him, much like all the others he had encountered in this back water town. Sam couldn’t help but wonder if all beings were so fearful. Biologically he was not superior to them, just different. His race had evolved to co-exist with the energies of the universe, while most other races evolved around or above them. Perhaps this is why Sam had a difficult time understanding the fear that governed the actions of the creatures he met. He stood still a moment trying to focus his mind on the one before him, and the other in the room.

When Claus mentioned that the room was quarantined Sam could not understand why. There was nothing that was harmful to humans emanating from the room. And better yet, why would Clause leave his companion in the room when it was a danger? Sam was entirely puzzled by the young man’s words, so he stood motionless trying to puzzle it out. Was this a lie because he was not trusted? Or perhaps,Clause thought that he was hiding the presence of the women in the room behind himself.
      Sam bewilderment was only stretch further as he peered more into the room. The women’s energies seemed agitated, yet she took her time getting ready for what she perceived as a threat. Fear governed these beings too much. Sam would have to persuade them he was not a threat. Although the mechanical giant doubted talking with a voice that emanated around them would put them at ease. He would have to talk to them normally. This was a difficult task for himself, because he would have to literally manipulate the energy from his own body, make it travel towards his intended listener, and the same energy imitate one that these beings were familiar with.

Talking required much more energy than Sam wanted to expend on a task as trivial as communicating. He had to use his powers to such a fine tuned scale it would not explode the eardrums of any around. While Sam was capable of this, and to many the effort required would be equivalent to a cantrip, the tech-knight did not feel it was as efficient as it could be. His solution was a telecommunication device. This would allow Sam to input text, via his KINETIC suit, and it would output audio to anyone else wearing the device. Now if only he could remember where he carried the damn thing.

The large hand that was not encumbered by the staff seemed to scurry about Sam’s armor as if looking for something. For something of the size and presumed weight of the man, his hand was surprisingly agile. It almost seemed like it was controlled by some invisible force instead of the person inside. Each time his hand stopped, even if only for a brief moment, it would turn something. Each time some gizmo on his suit was disrupted, the blast goggles on his face would flicker or change color entirely. It was surely a spectacle that seemed impractical and off putting. Why would someone give an indication to their enemy that they had activated part of their battle suit?

The purpose of the flashy lights, was psychological. When meeting someone new, the flashy colors could give a small impression of somebody whimsical and fun. It was meant to calm would be onlookers or inspire awe in lesser developed species. For those he was fighting in battle or those that were enemies, it could prove to be a useful tactic. Make it flash blue when you sling a fire ball a few times so they establish a battle pattern. Then when you want to make a finishing blow flash it blue again so you know exactly where they are going to dodge and put a bullet through their head. Only really worked on long drawn out battles, but these types of small psychological elements of his suit often won his battles for him.

Obviously Sam was hoping for the first mentioned effect, to give an impression of fun or calming. Different races reacted to different spectrums of light, so although they were bright, they consist of lower frequencies. When he found the device he was looking for they would emit a dark green hue from their lens. Much like that of an old computer terminal.

A shutter from the top and bottom of his goggles slowly began to draw towards the other the moment his hand stopped. Presumably because he had found what he was searching for. The shutters stopped their movement about a half of inch before they would touch. This would be reminiscent of a squinting emoji. His index finger depressed into the shoulder across from it as if pushing a button. Moments later a small device ejected as if on a spring loader. Quickly Sam’s other hand, the one holding the staff, extended into the air causing the staff to draw upwards towards the small rocketing device. The shutters withdrew rapidly, to give the appearance of a wide eyed expression. Although this meant a sudden influx of light, it would not have been enough to blind anyone. This all happened in an instant and during that same instant, a small ping would be heard. The mechanical knight had caught the small projectile on the head of the staff.

Almost as quickly as the thrust, a smooth motion twirled the staff and then brought its head to be horizontally aligned with Claus’s chest. The small device rested on the staff’s head silently but showed no sense of sliding off. Sam would wriggle the staff at Claus and make a few micro thrust with it to indicate the man should take the small device. The same hand that had released the device from Sam’s shoulder would skirt over to Sam’s head. He would wriggle the staff and then pat his helmet around his ear, trying to indicate Claus should put the object up to his own head. This would make communicating much easier for Sam.

OOC: Did I kill another RP. OMG i might have to just quit AL so it can succeed .
      Last edited by zgawd; 10-13-2018 at 12:37 PM.

OoC: No, there has just been power failures at my house. And apparently, most, if not all of Texas went out of internet for most of yesterday due to lightning striking a server building... lol...

IC: Claus was unable to understand this metal man at all, he could not discern if he got his joke or not. He supposed it didn't matter in the end. What did matter was that he could not get a read on this sudden approach by, if this thing was even man? Claus even appeared human in many physical ways but he was far from one. It had taken Claus a moment to determine the patterns of flashing lights and movements of the moving shades were not just random. He felt no hostility coming from strange armor wearing body. Never before has he seen technology like this, especially the weapon in its hand confused the young warrior. He has visited several planets while enlisted in his kin's army and understood already that there were planets even more advanced than his own but in his experience, the more advanced meant the most hostile. Of course, in his experience, his kin were usually the hostile ones regardless of how powerful the enemy was that stood before them. He didn't thrive to be like that though, he didn't have a violent nature. He did enjoy a healthy challenge to test his swordsmanship but the desire to see even his enemies dead lingered far from his heart. Eventually, he remembered to lower his extended hand, in his attempt to leave the hallway and go outside, when he realized that the armored knight was reaching for something in a very obvious way. The knight was doing his best to portray innocent and friendly actions were at play and Claus understood this.

He relaxed his entire stance, slumping his hand from the hilt of his blade--where it grew to naturally rest. His eyes were drawn from the flashing hues of blue, known as dark as his irises when the metal hand produced a small object from some compartment in the armor. A strange armor that puzzled Claus. In his own arsenal rested a suit of armor that Claus did not regularly adorn, but it did not compare to the wonders and impressiveness of the suit of armor that stood before the young warrior. Though he did not bare any jealousy toward the could be a man for he was certain his type of battle style would not pair well with so much metal and apparently gadgets. He could discern quickly what the suit of armor had intended for the device presented to Claus, he took quick notice of how the staff somehow defied the laws of gravity when the object on top stayed in place instead of falling to Claus' hands below--where he quickly placed them in subconscious reaction. Though he did not bare an expression of shock to pair with the fright of his hands, he was indeed giving a bit of "oops" in the back of his mind as he chuckled to himself. Finding the whole exchange a bit comical. With his dominate, left, hand he reached out and removed the device from the odd staff. He turned it in his hand, studying the object. It wasn't until he saw the hand that produced this device had tapped against the helmet that he understood what this thing in his hand was intended for. Still not understanding exactly how the device worked he did what he thought would work and simply held the device up to his ear, a lot like the shortwave communicators they heave in his father's army. He remained silent as he peering into the lights of the strange helmet, an expression of wonder across his eagar face.

Godly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

OOC: @ Warheit: Sorry for the delay and a short post. I just couldn't work up a big one atm without much plot going on

As Claus brought the device closer to his head, it started to vibrate. As it drew closer to Clauses ear, the noble warrior would begin to feel it pulse. At least that is what it seemed like it was doing. In reality it was moving the different particles in the air back and forth using a calculated algorithm to create a small vacuum. When it reach Claus’ ear it would use the canal as a funnel and it dart into his the cavity. A quick jolt that not many would be able to stop. It lodged itself deep within his ear. After it had found his ear drum, it would begin to unwind. Small tendrils that were nano-meters thing burrowed down until the reach his jaw. There they would stop burrowing. A small mechanical voice would seem to broadcast directly into Claus’ ear.
      “Do not be alarmed. This is not any nefarious device. It is a translator and quantum communication device. There is a boot procedure we will have to go through so that you may mute, turn off, or eject the device at your desire. “ a few small hums followed the announcement. It seemed to be configuring itself to Claus’ body.

“You will be given an instruction and the word or phrase you say after that will the phrase you must say to activate that feature. If you understand these instructions please say yes.” The device hummed into his hear. It would remain idle until Claus answered. If he said anything but yes I the device would advise that it was going to explain how it worked and at any time during the instructions the user could say, I understand please continue with formatting, it would then proceed to the next option it needed to configure. The options were, Mute Output, Mute Input, Full Mute, Eject, and there was an option for Self-Destruct – Safe, and Self Destruct – Suicide. Once he was done configuring all the options he had been given it would thank him and Sam’s goggles would light up green.

“My people, do not talk through acoustics such as yourself. It is much easier if I can input my words directly to you.” Sam advised. His extended arm retracted at the elbow so that the staff was parallel to his body, a very militaristic pose.

“My name is Sam. What do you and the female address themselves as?” he said. His head turned again in a curious gesture, as if he was imitating a bird. His words seemed mono-tonic but they were not devoid of all life and emotion. They would seem mechanical yet ascendant. It would also seem to get more personal the more he spoke. It was as if he was learning how to speak to the human, which indeed he was. Using readings for the communication device he was trying to change his tone and attitude through exposure to Claus’ inner workings.

((OOC: Is this still open?))

It wasn't the fancy lights, it was the sounds that woke Matsudo Koji. It angered him in his sleep but he was cool enough to sit up without casting a spell. He stretched his arms and legs in the dimly lit room and, now that he was awake, he could see lights flickering underneath the door in a rhythm. He jumped to his feet and checked himself. Still wearing his blue suit, he jumped into his boots which magically opened for his feet, making a stomping noise as he did so. He laced them quickly and jolted for his sword, now that he heard talking. It seemed that commands were being given on some device, but he couldn't fathom that would be it--perhaps his ears were failing him or he had been hallucinating because the people here didn't have much in he way of technology.

He swept around the room, flying slightly as to not generate more noise, retrieving his sword and backpack. He spotted the ham boxes on the floor, groaning in his head that he should finish it before checking. For all he knew it was nothing like trouble. On the other hand, he could find out a way off this planet other than maxing out on magic. He opened the door and walked out, his feet an inch off the floor to muffle the sound of his 600 lb. weight.The sword banged against the door as he exited, causing him to scowl and further anger him. He was still scowling as he looked up, spotting what appeared to be a mechanical knight and some other person on the farside. He heard mention of a ffemale companion and cheered instantly; perhaps she was a hot maiden. Walking up he cheered even more; the man on the other side clasping his ear wasn't too bad either.

"What is the meaning of dis?" he was holding his sword low to the ground, but it was a greatsword and was roughly his height, and he had to hold his hand above his head to swing it to the front. It was currently about three feet from the mechanical man now that it was pointed forward. He held it easily in one hand, which didn't seem like a feat considering his size: he did weigh 600 lbs and all.

"I was sleeping and heard the sounds. Is everything okay over there?" He was talking to the man with he new device, not wanting to step too much closer given the mechanical knight's polearm still being in view. He hoped he wouldn't need to try, as he was hungry from his sleeping the earlier ham in. He had been in a fight outside the day before and had slept for most of that and this day to recover (he had underestimated his opponent and had taken a stab in the shoulder, a mistake he wouldn't let happen again).
      All men die but not all truly live.
      All Characters and Works Undersiej

OoC: Yeah, I mean it is casual, @zgawd . I don't even have a real plot for this lol

@Undersiej it is always open. Also, I'm not sure if I have the authority to approve your character but I like it. Ridiculous but doesn't seem OP to me. I like funny characters.

IC: Due to the years of battle and war he has already been forced to endure he felt nothing when the device launched and lodged itself into Claus' skull. It wasn't that he didn't feel it but more so his body subconsciously chose to ignore it as a reflex to how he trained himself to fight. His guesses were correct when the large mechanical knight began to spoke, he figured the device he was holding to his head would help the "man" before him to communicate with Claus. However, the words that followed left Claus astounded. The typical knight spoke the single word the strange knight was looking for and words began scrolling through Claus' mind in a way that was different to the one speaking to him. It had taken him a moment to realize that there was something a little nefarious going on in Claus' mind, or his body he should rather say. It was only now that Claus realized something very far more advanced than anything on his planet could produce. He never even fathomed the technology before but he quickly understood it was basically an implanted walkie talkie.

"You said, your people. There is more than one of you? Ha, I bet your race would give my father a run for his white breeches." Claus chuckled rather loudly, his father was a fearsome warrior but Claus understood at an early age that that was all he would ever be. Stuck in the old ways of sword and might. If it weren't for his king's heart, the queen, and his royal advisors they never would have produced the dimensional spaceship that Claus has in his unrightful possession now--well, at least stuck in some trees somewhere. "I am called Claus Delacroix. I am only a traveler but you seem to bring puprose with your attire." He glanced down and about all his fantastic armors and gears. He looked behind him at the door he had rented for a few nights, he felt she should introduce herself to Claus' new friend but he wasn't sure if she was finished with her bathing routine and dressed for company. "Well, her name is Chrysanthine but I would have prefered a lady introduce herself." He smiled more to a memory than to Sam, his mother was very adamant about her words being equal to even the king. Chrysanthine actually reminded Claus of his mother, in the sense that they were both very strong willed and passionate about helping others.

"Sam." He bowed a nobly respectful nod which included a bit of a lean from his shoulders. He was going to say how a pleasure it was to meet someone so fascinating but their conversation was interrupted by a surge of noisy events. A rather muscular man brought forth a rather large blade to greet the two having a conversation in the halls, which Claus quickly realized could be rather rude to those who might be sleeping.

"Everything is fine, right Sam?" He was now facing the newcomer with his body but leaned his head over to smile at the extraordinary mechanical knight with such a normal name. "There is no need to draw your weapon." Both his hands were up with palms open wide to gesture a friendly pose. And that was his intention, to be friendly, Claus wasn't going on adventures to find fights--he could have stayed home for that--but no, battle was the furthest thing from his mind. Besides, that blade of his was so 'great' it would leave him at disadvantage swinging it in these halls, lest he was willing to destroy even his own room. He peered down at his feet finally, waiting for a further response from the intruding bulky man, a slight expression of shock and amazement as he realized the guy was floating. Claus always envied the ability of flight.

I missed my chance

Sigh

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Chrysanthine stares at the door, well rather down to floor underneath it as lights flicker in odd sequences. She was hesitant to open the door. No way to tell what was awaiting her, what was going on, just flickering lights. She thought she heard voices, muffled and unfamiliar, but it must have been her imagination, she had stuck her ear to the door. Nothing, but a slight whirring and buzzing sound.

That was until she heard a clang on a door further down. That person spoke and quite frankly he didn't seem to pleased by what they were doing. That was when she quietly sneaked out her door, without closing it. The man she saw before her was gigantic, a mountain of meat, but was he flying? Surely not. Why would this person be here, he could probably fly somewhere with better weather than this. She unhooks her sword and holds it out towards the man. "I suggest we all calm down and get a grip on what's going on... Especially you two, the ones I don't know."
      (Chorus from Let You Down by Seether)So say something beautiful/Say what you're keeping inside/This anticipation, I will only let you down/Say something meaningful/Say what you're trying to hide/This anticipation, I will only let you down

"Nothing? Dis is good." he lowered his sword which touched the ground with a soft clank. With a small jerk his Greatsword switched for a much smaller club of wood and metal and he held it over his shoulder. He had been told to keep his swords in better shapee than morphing them into chunks when unused but it had fallen on deaf ears; he always did that to avoid janking them into walls and floors when it was appropriate. He nodded at the lady who appeared before she spoke, and made a visible effort to calm down as his face was still in anger mode. He'd built up lots of anger in his life and his dreams, for it was until recently one never-ending nightmare.

He couldn't sense anything wrong, but he felt as if he should stick around. The lady didn't seem to be one of the normal people that he'd run across at the inn across the street (even though he'd only been here a week and hadn't been across the street more than twice), but he could feel something in her. Maybe the sorcery he used had tainted him to such an end, but he couldn't help but scream in himself about her. More than about the knight before him with the strange lights which he either couldn't see or had turned off.

"Um... would you like some ham? I have some in my room." He said, offering the three others some of his. Ealier (before the fight) Koji had bought two boxes of Warthog Ham that he heard were the best of the whole continent. He'd not touched the second box and it had been preserved in the box with magic so it would still be fresh. "What're your names?" he said addressing Chrys and Sam with a wave. He heard Claus' name, remembering his family name from a video game he'd once played. He smiled at that; perhaps he was as good a swordsman as the flying man from the game. He snorted and lent his left hand forwards after the wave, and in a moment his hand was alive with energy. The box of ham appeared in it as the energy leapt upwards and he pocketed his club in his backpack and opened the box. Smells of ham permeated instantly.

((OOC: Am I doing too much?))

Godly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Everything was fine until the anomaly that resided a few rooms down stirred from its slumber. Sam couldn't comprehend what the man was or where he came from, and this was not something that happened often to Sam. The last time he had a run in with such an individual catastrophe had ensued. A catastrophe that almost derailed Sam's life long goals and ambitions.
      Now a similar mass of contradictions seemed to be parading towards himself and Claus. Upon its arrival it had dared to hold a weapon out to Sam. Hostility for no good reason, was a sign of un-excusable ignorance. It was so infuriating that he forgotten nearly everything that Claus had mentioned mere moments before. Sam's race had a very bad habit of distorting the energies around them to "manifest" their emotional disposition. Sadness would warp the energies speed to decelerate while they would become denser. Emotions that had a general positive feeling behind them would cause the free energies to accelerate but they would also seem become thing. Anger was like a combination of these things. The "free" energies in the environment would speed up, but they would remain thick and heavy.

Why did all would be adventurers have swords. It was another trope that seemed to irritate Sam. You come to some backwater world and immediately think they are incapable of understanding higher than what they have achieved so far. And if they are, why would it matter if you brought a gun? How could they reverse engineer it or how could it affect their society if they were as stupid as you believed. The entire mantra to not bring technology to underdeveloped worlds was hypocritical if not illogical at best. Everything about these gentleman seemed to trigger Sam’s anger even more. Then the women came out, sword raised as well. The straw that broke the camel’s back to so to say.

Just as Sam was about to go on a rampage, the anomaly took action and lowered his sword. With this simply action, Sam was could help by laugh. Well the tense energies in the air seemed to lighten and accelerate around the quad of folks at blinding speeds. This was the equivalent of laughter for Sam. Idoits, he had found nothing but idiots. So easily were they to take up the sword, but easier yet was it to dissuade them of any danger. They clearly lacked any logical thinking, as one there was no clear sign of danger to begin with. Two, they were so eager to ignore this concocted danger, that Sam was not sure how they would face if real danger ever arose.

With the last though Sam couldn’t help but make a sullen face, the translator he had given to Claus had been active. This was important because now it had completely broadcasted and translated all of his current thoughts to the man. Sam had made an idiot’s mistake himself, and now Claus had been given an insightful look at Sam’s inner workings. He hoped that Clause would either not understand them, or not hold them against him. Sam really wanted to travel the multiverse in hopes of discovering a new purpose.
      Last edited by zgawd; 11-26-2018 at 06:33 AM.

The knight turned adventurer could barely comprehend what was going on when the entire party was in the hall now. So many things were happening at once and it wasn't that Claus couldn't follow along but it was like he was distracted by one thing in particular. It wasn't the arrival of his companion who had apparently finished her shower rather quickly, nor was it the newcomer offering food--not that Claus was hungry at this point, unless you counted the hunger for an adventure. No, a flood of incomprehensable thoughts and emotions were pushing their way into his thoughts. It felt a lot like how a psychic would attack the mind but this was somehow different. Claus didn't feel like he was being assaulted, this felt more like an accident. He suddenly remembered the highly advanced device lodged in his skull and wondered if the mechnical knight had something to do with what he was feeling. He remained silent as the newcomer asked for the names around him, the bulking man didn't ask for his and that left Claus to conclude he had been eavesdropping enough to already know it. So he left the conversation to those around him for the moment, instead he focused on what was flooding his thoughts for the time being.

The fluctuation of magic from the newcomer was beginning to distract Claus' thoughts, the quick and sudden change of his large weapon to a smaller, blunted one astonished Claus. His weapons were simple and neigh impressive compared to all those around him, he was certain even Chrys' blade was superior to his gear. Of course, one could have all the fancy weapons in the world but without discipline and training it meant nothing. Claus had been trained to be a killing machine since a very young age and though he is still but a mere child to those that surround him, he was starting to feel a little less inaduequate if it ever came down to a fight. He felt his training would allow him to at least keep up with them, but one couldn't really tell until the moment arrived. Anyone could say they are a great warrior, and Claus has met many while fighting for his father's army, but they all fell to his father's might--the same might that ran through Claus' veins, at least mostly. It was the thing that Claus kept hidden that they would have to worry about if a fight ever broke out. That wasn't what Claus saught though, he wished to make friends from those around him--and the one injured that was still out there wandering the city.

It had taken only a few moments for Claus to collect the foreign thoughts that were rushing through his mind. The only thing that stood out to Claus was Sam's disposition toward those wielding sword, Claus was the only one to not have his weapon drawn at the moment--even Sam would have to admit his weapon was bare if that staff was indeed a weapon. Claus took no offense to his opposing thoughts however. He knew that there was far more to waging battles or war than a blade, it was what he tried to get his father to understand. Claus just happened to be rather skilled with a one handed blade and it was his weapon of choice. If he relied on the thing inside him all the time then there would be nothing left to save after Claus was done fighting. He glanced over at Sam with a comforting half smile, to let him know there was nothing to be embarrassed about.

"This one is called Sam." He pointed with his thumb to the biggest guy in the hallway right now, in terms of height, then rested both arms at his sides. "I think I'm the only one that can hear him at the moment... if that makes any sense." He left Chrys to introduce herself now that she was present to do so, he nodded to her in a way to hopefully indicate that he had already told Sam her name. He ignored the urge to tel the newcomer that he could have respectfully introduced himself first since he barged his way into their conversation but that was a dance Claus did too often and knew that the flying man meant no real disrespect.

OOC: I don't know if Telepathy would work on Sam, that's up to you.

"The only one that can hear him?" Koji said, slghtly quieter than before. He approached the mechanical Sam with his laughing particles (which Koji hadn't quite understood as anything but rage at first--until the shaking in his body started, then he had caught up). He raised his large hand and poked the metal of Sam's suit. He felt a little shock like he was sliding on the floor, which was strange because there was no carpet... and he was still hovering in the air. He shook his hand and thought it better not to touch this guy. He had only wanted to make contact with what he thought was a mute. Koji lauhghed slightly, because he rememebered being made mute temporarily by a statue in a video game. He'd had to cast telepathy to talk to his brother after that.

"Do you do telepathy?" He asked the group. Muttering a few words of arcana for a moment (in Arcana it translated to something like 'telepathy, blunted'), feeling slightly uncomfortable with not using the book for this, he locked his eyes on Sam and then the other two. White beams shot out of his forehead and slowly made their way towards Sam, Claus, and Chrys. They waited to be walked into or touched, as a simple touch would temporarily grant telepathy. While he casted the spell he also felt the urge to hide his weapon (even though Chrys hadd still not spoken after telling him to calm down. He slipped his club into his pocket and walked past Sam after he started casting, his muttering furthering to widen the hallway into an impossible space that would allow him to pass as Sam and Claus were taking up most of the hallway.

He probably should've waited for the telepathy to be accepted or rejected, but he decided to continue his walk toward Chrys. His feet lowered to the ground now, and, with a crunch with every step he still continued. His steps crunched the wood under his feet and the party could feel the cracks he'd placed under the floor, but either by magic or the careful way he chose his steps the floor remained undamaged (but just barely). The hulking figure eyed Claus with his left eye while the right was on Chrys, ignoring the mechanical man for a moment. Claus seemed to be a man who'd been in combat once or twice given the vibe he gave off; he was wearing light armor and a short blade by his side and he held his head up in a way that softly said royalty. Perhaps he had been an upperclassman in a foreign military org, or was straight up heir to an alien throne. He seemed human, but Koji knew that looking human was a multiverse cliche. I mean, look at Koji for example.

He scratched his left longsleeved arm as he approached the lady, giving her some space as he and the white tendril of energy approached her. It went in first and levitated at her headheight (as it did Claus and Sam), and he stared at her. Her hair was slightly wet still, as if she had showered recently, but it was mostly dry so perhaps it was just a bath (or a hooker bath, assuming other people were still guilty of that). A low pulsing in his pocket forced his attention to return and his eyes to refocus momentarily as he looked to his left pocket. He adjusted his cargo shorts and withdrew a book; a black book with what appeared to be drawings of people. The people in the hallway, in fact. He didn't notice this, but he did notice the sound of the pages crackling alive with energy as he opened the book to about the center like he usually did. He smiled as he looked at the pages. It showed him holding the book in a hallway similar to this, and an energy of some kind surrounding something half-shown in the background. As he looked the pages grew into a full-sized tome, and the image grew. One one side of the book it showed the woman, her stern expression represented perfectly in an anime style.

"Book, tell me, --"

"Energy." Came a young child's voice from the book's pages, interrupting him.

"But what kind?"

"To use you: 'I don't speak about that.'" The pages turned themselves to an earlier page, showing her with Claus and another man sitting at a booth. Koji recognized it as the bar across the street. Koji raised a brow; it wasn't usual for the book to read anything other than book pages, but he hadn't been long in the multiverse. Maybe it was a function of the book he didn't yet know.

"So, um... you're a...." He assumed she was a demon, as he only didn't talk about demons' and angels' energies. Her look said everything but that but he had forgotten all about angels.
      Last edited by Undersiej; 11-30-2018 at 04:01 PM.

I missed my chance

Sigh

Country
      USA
      AL Points

OOC: Sorry for the short shitty posts... Work has been killing me.

Chrysanthine was so fixated on to the man that she paid little attention to anything else in the hall. The grip on her sword loosened when he seemed to cease being upset. He was strange and something that yes, was not part of this world. However maybe he could help her find what she was looking for. "Koji? I am Chyrsanthine. Chrys for short." Things just got weirder though. As the man seemed to pull some strange magic into a material thing. She looks at him strangely. "You want us to touch this?" She looks at it curious like and begins to go up for it. However just before her finger reaches the white tendril, the book he pulls out catches her attention. She touches the tendril finally.

As it links her mind seems to clear and reset. As if trying to hide something that she wasn't supposed to know. The book though stays fresh in her mind. "What a peculiar book. Teach me to commune with it. It may have answers I need, to find out what I am and what I am searching for." She then stops mid sentence.... "I am sorry. It's just I have not seen anything with such an array of knowledge." She places her sword back in it's place.

"So you're not a demon! Dat's a relief." He held the book out to her. He assumed he wasn' a demon by the look of her, and he could feel a sort of holy presence. Plus she smelled like fresh soap and linen, what you wouldn't expect from the underworlds. His eyes refocused as he looked at the disapppearing tendril in her hand; it would connect to her brain via her nervous system, which as we might all know connects to every nerve in the bod. It would swim in her arm up to her neck and into her brain. Only as magic would, if she stepped out of range she wouldn't be in telepathy range (this could roughly be a mile, assuming she wanted to be heard. The magic could stretch farther but it would drain the Greatswordsman more.

"My magic is a little strange and this is the voluntary kind," he said in his mind to Chrys. "You don't know what you are? Do you have amnesia? Perhaps you have memories locked away! Just give me a second, this Grimoire can probably give a little insight. Koji checked his book a moment, scanning pages upside down before stopping on a page that was blank.

"Touch here and you can be read by the book. It might be able to tell you more," he said, though the pages ruffled a moment.

"I can do all that you ask, I just ask that you don't rip my pages," said the book. If she touched the book it would read her for a minute and thn produce images from her past in a comic book or manga style, or whichever style she preferred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information