We've watched The Devil is a Part-Timer! (TV series) ep. 1–4.
This discussion thread opened on 25/08/2018.
What we think about these episodes:
The scale: 0 (shit), 1 (bad), 2 (average), 3 (good), 4 (excellent)
@Momogari 2 (average)
@unoduetre 1 (bad)
@arnold12340 3 (good)
@H03nn89 3 (good)
@Beex 3 (good)
@drill 3 (good)
@Expendable 3 (good)
@toshioa 3 (good)
@Pixiedora 3 (good)
mean: 2.7 ~ 3 (good)
Last edited by unoduetre; 08-28-2018 at 11:21 AM.
A quick reminder for anyone who forgot.
Yay! It's a fun series.
ALJ - Expendable's Labyrinth of Dreams
Creative Writing: Something Fun
Expendable's Little Blue Box
I've never watched it so I'm looking forward to watching it.
These are my AL Friends
Firewolf is Sharla's long time friend
Bender: The COOKIE STEALER
Ceara is an awesome sister
Janista is an awesome friend
Natsura: Salamander-natsu is a good sister
Lillium is awesome (blazing the way with Ponyta!)
[optionl]Kessa is also awesome[/option]
Rukia: Is very cool
SacredDragon: Great friend
MoV: Crazy, but awesome
Arya: The evil planner
Selina: Best Friend
MetalGear Dan: Is my hot baber
Madkeepa: Craziest person on the forum
Priest... So Bamf
Isadro: A crazy, but awesome friend!
Fizz: Likes to mess with the boards
Rukia: A crazy, but awesome friend!
Vee: A buzzing bee with a dangerous sting
Lilith: The romantic
[opiton]RedHat: My man[/option]
Sammi: My Friend
Anni: The Awesome One
Oh, you evil moderators/administrators posting in a closed thread! ;-)
Welcome to the first discussion thread of the Weekly Anime Watching Circle!
This thread is now open and you can discuss. Just to remind you, we are only discussing The Devil is a Part-Timer! (TV series) ep. 1–4. You can assume that everyone reading this thread has watched ep. 1–4, but if you want to spoil further episodes or other anime, please, use spoiler tags.
That's how it works in real life.
Hmm. I wonder if it is explained in further episodes why magic is not very popular on Earth. And who is the landlady? No spoilers, please!
What are your favourite moments? Please, post the screenshots!
Last edited by unoduetre; 08-25-2018 at 11:57 AM.
I need to sleep now, but I'll be back!
Alciel is just as much a pushover as Maou at this point.
I think it's strange how the cave-in had no casualties. I wonder if Maou did that, consciously or subconsciously.
I'm watching dual-audio mkvs because my internet has been terrible for streaming lately. Thanks to that, I get to hear the dub for a few seconds each time. I feel very sorry for people who insist on watching dubs. This show's dub is even more awful than normal.
In contrast, I really like this voice acting:
If this gets taken down: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yv4...ew?usp=sharing
sig art by poronegi and miwool; sticker credits: sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa
Originally Posted by NataliaJulia
I'll learn Polish if it's a Pope dating sim.
Oh my, that comment recalled me a dream I had a few years ago <.<
Let's evaluate episodes 1–4 of this anime (not the whole anime)! You can give the following number of points:
0 - shit
1 - bad
2 - average
3 - good
4 - excellent
You can tell us why you've assigned a particular number.
I'll take the average of all votes.
Also say which episode was your favourite and why. Let's see which episode was the best!
I considered 4 because it's great at exactly what it's meant to be, but I don't know. The change in character from Ente Isla Maou to Earth Maou stretches disbelief. It's entirely forgiveable since it's not a completely serious show anyway, but I can't really say it's excellent if the characters aren't perfectly believable.
The episode with the cave-in was my favorite. I forgot if that was 3 or 4. The reason is the plot twist in Maou going super saiyan. I wonder why and how that happens. Plus the possibility that he saved a bunch of people is intriguing.
What I liked:
- the art style and the animation
- using a different language for the characters from a different world
- the gags were funny
What I didn't like
- the change from the lord of evil to a normal guy is not believable, Satan should at least be a thief, AT LEAST!
- it was awfully easy to accept Satan by Emilia to the point that she asked to stay at his place and Satan did nothing bad to her
- if one can open a portal to any world, why Earth is not yet conquered by some magicians from other worlds? we know magic works on Earth!
- I don't like and cannot empathise with the characters (my favourite character so far is the landlady), I don't care about their problems, I don't care about they background, they all lack depth and each of them can be described in one phrase and there is nothing more to them: Satan = smartass, Emilia = borderline personality, Alciel = slave mentality, Chiho = naive, Lucifer = evil.
- why Lucifer can use his magic freely (or at least it looks like that), while Satan cannot? it might be explained later, but I really do not expect the explanation to be satisfying
- it was boring and predictable, there was no progress in the scenario during these episodes, I can summarize it here: 1. people from another world come to earth 2. more people from another world come to earth (I wonder if 3 will be: yet more people from another world come to earth)
- one cannot live on cucumbers, konjac and milk; ok they also eat leftovers from MgRonald, good luck with that ;-) (this is a joke of course)
My favourite episode was the cave-in one (episode 3). I liked the moment when Emilia and Chiho accepted each other.
Last edited by unoduetre; 08-25-2018 at 01:51 PM.
tfw uno takes a show more seriously than the people who made it
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)