• Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

😍Positive recommendations😍

You can recommend 1 manga/anime/light novel/visual novel per post.

You are not allowed to criticise other posts and no one is allowed to criticise you. You are only allowed to give neutral or positive (that you agree with them) comments about other people's posts e.g. that you also read a particular manga/light novel/visual novel/watch a particular anime or that a particular anime etc. is really good. Posts with statements like "this anime is shit" will be removed. There is a separate thread for these, but you are not allowed to reference posts in that thread.

In every post tell other people why a particular anime etc. is worth reading/watching and why it is special for you. It doesn't matter if you are new to anime etc. or an old otaku. Just tell others what is good.
      Last edited by unoduetre; 08-13-2018 at 02:04 AM.

Re: Manga/anime recommendations thread

I would like to recommend Shin Sekai Yori. I liked it very much and I think the way they portrayed the society is very relevant to how society works in real world. I also loved that it was often very surprising to me and I think they brought many new ideas to the world of anime. Don't get discouraged by the first episodes. This anime is not what you might think it is.

This is one of the best adventure shounen anime series I've seen. But the most important reason why I like this anime is that it is always consistent. I haven't found any major inconsistencies in the plot (I do not watch fillers) and this anime has 848 episodes. I think it is a major achievement. This anime is also very entertaining and is almost always able to bring smile to my face. I also like Luffy's morality (it's more visible in the beginning of the series). :-)

Don't be shy! I know there are manga/anime you love!

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Planetes for best seinen romance.
      sig art by poronegi and miwool; sticker credits: sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa
      Quote Originally Posted by NataliaJulia View Post
      I'll learn Polish if it's a Pope dating sim.
      Oh my, that comment recalled me a dream I had a few years ago <.<

Re: Positive recommendations

Terror in Resonance

One of the best anime I have ever seen. Great story. Interesting storytelling. Great characters. Great music. And what is the most important, a great ending, one of the best I've ever seen in anime. Perfect.
      Last edited by unoduetre; 08-13-2018 at 02:08 AM.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=10291

Beast Player Erin is a really good story.
      It follows a girl through her entire life in arcs. 50 episodes. Good drama, interesting setting and plot.
      The art is...unique.
      sig art by poronegi and miwool; sticker credits: sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa
      Quote Originally Posted by NataliaJulia View Post
      I'll learn Polish if it's a Pope dating sim.
      Oh my, that comment recalled me a dream I had a few years ago <.<

Nep-Nep!

Happy

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Goes with out saying really! If you haven't ever watched an episode or started FairyTail before now is the time to do so; epic story, great loveable characters, some pretty intense fight scenes and the music is phenomenal! Definitely recommended

Quality > Quantity

Drunk

Country
      Estonia
      AL Points

I'd recommend Steins;Gate. Theres time, confusion, bit of a romance thing and comedy. Its a bit slow at first, but gets better as it goes on. The sequel Steins;Gate 0 is also very nice so far. If you're willing to give it a shot, at least go through half of it before giving up on it.

Nep-Nep!

Happy

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beerkeg View Post
      I'd recommend Steins;Gate. Theres time, confusion, bit of a romance thing and comedy. Its a bit slow at first, but gets better as it goes on. The sequel Steins;Gate 0 is also very nice so far. If you're willing to give it a shot, at least go through half of it before giving up on it.
      Do you need to watch the Steins animes in a certain order? I know there are a large number of them now

Quality > Quantity

Drunk

Country
      Estonia
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by toshioa View Post
      Do you need to watch the Steins animes in a certain order? I know there are a large number of them now
      I don't know about the manga side. I started with Steins;Gate and it seemed to just be where it starts. Then there was like an alternate ending which I believe was the inspiration for Steins;Gate 0. I know some people who aren't watching Steins;Gate 0 just because they were satisfied with the original ending since 0 is a sequel to the alternate end.

Also check the list in the "Related Manga" section:
      https://myanimelist.net/manga/17517/Steins_Gate

I think it's ok to watch this first and then move to anything you like: https://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins_Gate

Gilgamesh

Now, this title is not for everyone. If you like a lot of action this is not something you'll enjoy and you'll get bored fast. But if you like dark, slow and gentle plots with complicated, mature characters, difficult decisions, some good science-fiction combined with some mythological and philosophical topics, and classical music, you might like it. Goth might be a good word to describe this anime for people who get what it means.
      Last edited by unoduetre; 08-14-2018 at 12:03 AM.

3x3 Eyes

If you want to try something quite old, but still very good, you can watch this. It's a good dark fantasy/horror with elements of a comedy. It has an interesting plot and very likeable characters. It is also a nice way to see what's the difference between anime then and now and how some things got better and some maybe worse. The animation is good for its age, so watching it shouldn't be a pain. The music is great as well. Despite it being an OVA, it has a very cinematic feel. I recommend it.
      Last edited by unoduetre; 08-14-2018 at 08:33 PM.

The Orange Idol~
      Cha cha~

Amused

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I'm gonna go with Origin: Spirits of the Past

My mama bought my this DVD when I first got into anime because it was like 2 (we're cheap lol) and it's still one of my favourite movies! The animation is absolutely beautiful and the soundtrack never fails to move me. Everyone should watch ittt~
      ~UK Based Idol~
      ~Member of One Wish~
      COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
      ~Crazy League HMod / Chatroom Mod / Cosplay & Meets Central Mod / Disney Queen / Ravenclaw Head Girl~
      Feel free to ask me anything!

Spoiler:  

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information