• Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz

Arty

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Unfinished projects you would like to go back and finish one day

Have any of you have any big unfinished projects you would like to go back and finish?

For me there are quite a few graphic novels I started drawing that just sort of fizzled out or i lost confidence in their direction.

It hit a point where I was losing motivation for future projects because I had lots of projects on the back burner.

I think in the last year or two I've gotten a lot better at seeing things to the end. I finished a final draft for a graphic novel last year, just need to figure out the next step.

The Legend
      Not happy...

Depressed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Unfinished projects you would like to go back and finish one day

I want them to revive Silent hills

Arty

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOfDojima View Post
      I want them to revive Silent hills
      I meant something you were working on XD

But yeah I agree, that needs to be finished and released

The Legend
      Not happy...

Depressed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Still it needed to be mentioned !

I have a few projects laying around. There was a novel I started about seven(!) years ago, a short story that's been running around in my head for almost as long, and a KOTOR fanfic idea I've planned off and on for the last few years. I restarted the novel not long ago. There were about 35,000 or so words scrapped, but I'm slowly posting some of the original drafts here. The new version is much less standard fantasy and a bit more realism-meets-fantasy (meaning I'm not 18-24 anymore, really, lol). It's a darker and more mature theme overall.

In all honesty, though, I'll probably get around to the short story first. I really like the idea I have, and I'd like to get it published. Plus, short stories are naturally easier to finish. My only issue, as always, is how to start it. I'm a major stickler for opening lines and paragraphs. I don't really have that problem in rp's or spars where there's already a basic framework to work with, but I have a huge problem finding the opening lines when creating the framework myself. It's like no matter what I might come up with, I've already convinced myself it's not doing the concept justice
      .:Stop:Breathe:Shatter:.

TheRealLuthien: Your character can blow things up by touching them
      TheRealLuthien: If I knew I was going to be this fucked I wouldn't have posted!

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Hmm.

I made a really good wargame in high school. My brother and I would play it for weeks on a single campaign. The map was hand painted and the size of our living room, but most of the work that went into it was the data. Handwritten data sheets, done in pencil and graph paper and color coded with markers. So much information. I still have the raw data sheets, but whether I implement the original or not, I want to eventually port its basic concept into an RTS or TBS game. I've given feeble attempts three or four times over the years, never really anything sticking and honestly I knew it was often just a way to kill time, but... it'd be really nice to finish it. I think it could sell, too.

I have a book that's fallen by the wayside but I don't care that much about it honestly. I'm constantly developing as a writer, so anything new I write is bound to be better than stuff I've let drop.

Art by Yagi the Goat (and assisted by Naoki)

Thread Information