• zzzz
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My elbow...

Achy

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Re: I LIKE POETRY SO I WRITE IT! (If you like poetry feel free to read I may add more

They really are all beautiful. I can really tell you put your heart and emotions into all of them
      Definitely worth taking the time to read.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Kai's Journal: https://www.animeleague.net/forum/sh...h-and-Noodles!

Metamorphosis in my heart, blaze the rage inside!
      Our hearts fiercely beating, down the walls of all vice
      Metamorphosize your heart, unleash the hell inside!
      We will crack the dark, as the two thunders make full contact!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

highly unoriginal

Sneaky

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: I LIKE POETRY SO I WRITE IT! (If you like poetry feel free to read I may add more

Quote Originally Posted by Erine View Post
      -Nods- Yes indeed.

Okay this one I wrote for my Granddad all the things iv not been able to tell him due to his Alzheimers.

Dear Grandfather
      Tthere's so many things iv wanted to say to tell you there's so many thoughts I want to let you know
      but i think its too late to say them now your no longer the same person i once knew
      i know thats not your fault you didnt mean to change i know you didnt mean to hurt me either
      so i dont blame you i love you i know you wont say it back to me because you dont remember
      you dont remember me anymore iv become a blank page to you that you cant recall
      even if your prompted or reminded it wont stick it becomes lost to you an your mind
      its the mental illness thats taken you away from me and thats what i hate not you
      because it kills me to see you suffer an fade away an become less of who you once were
      a strong fierce funny an smart man who loved his grand daughter was kind an honest
      who would go down to the cricket grounds an always get me a lucky bag and a game you found
      anything you could find that you thought i would like and i would always be happy
      you gave me so much and i will always cherish the times we spent together
      those wonderful moments that i can never replace ones i will always remember
      so even if you cant i will remember for you so dont worry okay
      im sorry im so sorry that you had to suffer that this happened
      i wish i could have done something to stop it to help you but i know the minds complicated thing
      a fight with your mind is a battle only you can do a lone no-one else
      i want you to know that i miss you and the way you used to hold me when you hugged me
      the way you would smile when you were happy and the way you said my name my full first name
      i only let you call me that it was just for you and it made you happy an so i was happy
      i loved eating your home made chips i always thought they were like magic and
      they always tasted delcious i dont think iv ever been able to re create them
      i will always miss you and i will always love you grandad you mean so much to me
      i do think of you an your always in my thoughts i wont forget you
      i will always miss the sound of your mouth organs i think they were or was it harmonics either way its a sound and tune i will miss deeply because it always brought me peace
      and joy to hear the simple melody you would play usually on my birthday

love your Grand Daughter
      Rebecca

P.S I will always love you and be grateful for everything you did for me.
      this hits me hard

my grandfather had alzheimer's too, and it was horrible to watch him degrade like that

he went from cheery, talkative old guy, to violent and confused old man, to completely lost with no idea who anyone was or how he got there

the last thing he said to me was that he thought i was the "president of the toy factory"

i miss him, and grandma too

they were both wonderful people

"I love walking in the rain and singing for no reason&q

Content

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by omfgzergrush View Post
      this hits me hard

my grandfather had alzheimer's too, and it was horrible to watch him degrade like that

he went from cheery, talkative old guy, to violent and confused old man, to completely lost with no idea who anyone was or how he got there

the last thing he said to me was that he thought i was the "president of the toy factory"

i miss him, and grandma too

they were both wonderful people
      -Hugs-

I'm sorry to hear that but I understand it is difficult to deal with.

"Weather It shall rain or thunder maybe this is my curse, time to rest my eternal slumber."

highly unoriginal

Sneaky

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

yeah, it sounds like you definitely understand...

i'd love it if we had something better to deal with alzheimer's and dementia in general

it sucks to watch the people we love waste away

"I love walking in the rain and singing for no reason&q

Content

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by omfgzergrush View Post
      yeah, it sounds like you definitely understand...

i'd love it if we had something better to deal with alzheimer's and dementia in general

it sucks to watch the people we love waste away
      Yes Id love if we had something better to deal with alzheimers and dementia in general as well i can only hope that one day there will be.

It is horrible to watch those you love become less of them selves and fade away.

"Weather It shall rain or thunder maybe this is my curse, time to rest my eternal slumber."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information