• Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Mistress Kitty
      Hot Purple mess.

Pervy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

The 12 Zodiac OOC

If there is enough interest in this I will make an IC thread. But for now, if you wish to join please post a bio <3

Legends and mythology are a big part of Chinese culture, especially in relation to the Chinese Zodiac. The 12 animals that appear on the Chinese Zodiac calendar include a rat, buffalo (ox), tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat, monkey, rooster, dog and pig. It’s an unusual combination of animals for sure, and their appearance on the Chinese Zodiac is the topic of countless legends and is deeply embedded in Chinese mythology.

An unlikely gathering
      The most well-known of the Chinese zodiac legends states that Buddha invited the animals to participate in a race. The prize was a coveted position on the Chinese Zodiac calendar. The first 12 animals to cross the river would appear on the Chinese Zodiac calendar in the order in which they completed the race.

The first animal to make it across the finish line according to Chinese Zodiac legends and mythology was the rat. It seems unlikely that such a small animal could win such a strenuous race, especially when one considers all the contenders.

Chinese Zodiac legends and mythology explains that the rat used his brain rather than his brawn. It hitched a ride on what it perceived was the mightiest swimmer. Just before the buffalo reached the shore, the rat jumped off the buffalo’s back and crossed the finish line before the buffalo, putting the rat in first place.

The buffalo came in second and as promised in the legends and mythology, was the second animal listed on the Chinese Zodiac. The tiger, also being strong, came in third, followed by the rabbit that jumped his way across and was helped during the last stretch by the dragon. A snake hid in the hoof of the horse which is how it managed to make it across the river. At the last minute, the snake jumped out and scared the horse into seventh place.

The sheep, monkey, and rooster helped one another across and earned their spots on the calendar as well. The dog made it too, but decided a bath was more important than the position which is why it came in eleventh. Finally, the pig appeared and is listed last. According to Chinese Zodiac legends and mythology, the pig feasted and rested half-way through the race, but made it across guaranteeing its position.

A small gathering
      The history of the Chinese Zodiac weaves another intriguing tale. This one tells of an invitation to a grand feast. All the animals were invited to join Buddha at either a birthday celebration, a New Year celebration, or a celebration of his departure from this world. Only 12 animals showed up at the festivities and that’s how they ended up being featured on the Chinese Zodiac calendar. Another of the legends of the Chinese Zodiac states that instead of Buddha, it was the Jade Emperor who invited the animals.

Regardless of the specific version of Chinese Zodiac history to which you subscribe, the Chinese Zodiac has amazed and entertained people around the world for thousands of years.

The 12 Zodiac

Rat: AisakaTaiga (Chloe)
      Ox:
      Tiger:
      Rabbit:
      Dragon: Wings and scales (Valerie)
      Snake: Emotive (Daniel)
      Horse:
      Goat:
      Monkey:
      Rooster:
      Dog:
      Pig:
      Cat: Kitty (Yukito)

Name:
      Appearance:
      Zodiac Apperence: (only if you are a zodiac)
      Personality:
      History:

Name: Yukito. Yuki for short
      Appearance: Yukito
      Zodiac Apperence: (only if you are a zodiac) Cat
      Personality: Yukito's nearly omnipresent smile is evidence of his kind and gentle nature. Yukito also loves food and has an enormous appetite.
      History: Stuff and things (thinkin on it)
      Last edited by Kitty; 03-20-2018 at 09:09 PM.

:: ~ My Sexy ALJ ~ ::

Assistant
      32 now and still live and kicking

Awesome

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: The 12 Zodiac OOC

Ok please i can give the info and type of guy if some one can work with me since I'm on my phone

I'm always in character, FYI!

Sigh

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Name: Chloe
      Appearance: Chloe Just less green more light grey.
      Zodiac Apperence: Rat
      Personality: She can be a bit mischievious, but she is kind most the time. She loves to play with others and is still quite child-like despite her age. Chloe will bite if you make her angry or irritated.
      History: Chloe is special. (WIP)
      (Chorus from Let You Down by Seether)So say something beautiful/Say what you're keeping inside/This anticipation, I will only let you down/Say something meaningful/Say what you're trying to hide/This anticipation, I will only let you down

A big thanks to @xWickedNekox for this amazing set

Assistant
      Very busy so may be offline frequently

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Name: Valerie (often called Val by friends)
      Appearance: Valerie
      Zodiac Appearance: (only if you are a zodiac) Dragon
      Personality: She is a hard worker who spends most of her time studying. Her inability to communicate with others properly is a result of her being straightforward (often causing her to say things that upset others). She is quite unpredictable and it's hard to read what's going on inside her head. However, despite her sharp tongue she is truly a gentle, caring person.
      History: Working on it

Mistress Kitty
      Hot Purple mess.

Pervy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

If I can get a few more people, I will post this up. Invite your friends to join

Assistant

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Lol I'll try

Mistress Kitty
      Hot Purple mess.

Pervy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

OK, so me and wings were talking about what the setting of this RP could be.

We decided on doing an academy style setting. Where the Zodiac's all go to the same academy. To include more age groups, I'm going to make it a highschool/college campus.

The 12 zodiac's where all sent to go tot he same campus in order to protect someone. The mission of the 12 Zodiac's mission is to protect the Emperor's son who is also going to this school. He will start off as an NPC Unless someone wants to take over the role to become the Emperors son. Which I would love if someone did. But If not he will just be an NPC for now.

I'm going to be posting the IC thread up today which will go into more depth of what I was talking about. So Everyone feel free to join in. If you have any comments, questions or concerns Post here, OR Pm me if that is easier for you.

Mistress Kitty
      Hot Purple mess.

Pervy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Ok its posted. A little short sorry. x.x Not feeling the best. I made the RP set in modern times, so you can use phones and all that to communicate, with everyone thats not exactly right in front of you. make it easier for everyone to meet up and talk.

@Wings and scales
      @AisakaTaiga

Misotheism
      Where angels fear to tread, where darkness is bred

zzzz

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Name: Daniel (Danny)
      Appearance: Often seen wearing a beige raincoat, his black hair is usually slicked back but is long enough to cascade down the sides once he works up a sweat, green eyes, 6'3", lean yet casually muscular, white shirt, black boots, black pants.
      Zodiac Appearance: (only if you are a zodiac) Snake
      Personality: Danny is difficult to earn the trust of, but once someone does, it's either until that person betrays him, which he believes is inevitable, or until death. Despite his trust issues, he is fiercely loyal. Tends to keep to himself for the most part, leaving others having to start a conversation (if they're wanting to talk to him, that is) with him. That's the only way anyone will get anything out of him.
      History: Working on it
      Make Me (by Kristen Agee & Onyay Pheori) - There's a bridge I must walk... but I fear I'll never cross... Where angels fear to tread... Where darkness is bred... A place I used to know... In the night we weren't alone... The promise of a last breath... Now has me hanging by a golden thread... Make my soul clean... Pour the gasoline... Burning all the fears away... Make the rain come...Make the pain numb... Washing all the stains away... There used to be a light inside... That I never had to hide... There were fields of green... Lakes calm, serene… so much beauty to describe... But then a prince came with a blackened heart... And spread a poison through these parts... The only remedy is to cross this bridge... Fade the memory of this bondage... Make my soul clean... Pour the gasoline... Burning all the fears away... Make the rain come... Make the pain numb... Washing all the stains away... Make the night small... Make the light tall... Asking angels now to stay... Make my mind rest... Make my heart undress... Setting my spirit free... Ooooh... Ooooooh... Oh, how I've tried to turn the lights on... Make my soul clean... Pour the gasoline... Burning all the fears away... Make me... Make me... Make the rain come... Make the pain numb... Washing all the stains away... Make me Make me... Make the night small... Make the light tall... Asking angels now to stay... Make me... Make me... Make my mind rest... Make my heart undress... Setting my spirit free... Make me... Make me...

Sigh

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Seeing as I just skimmed Kitty's opening post my toon ended up in the cafeteria on campus. Oh well... Gonna make the best of it. Okay if I post again, just to get Chloe caught up?
      (Chorus from Let You Down by Seether)So say something beautiful/Say what you're keeping inside/This anticipation, I will only let you down/Say something meaningful/Say what you're trying to hide/This anticipation, I will only let you down

Mistress Kitty
      Hot Purple mess.

Pervy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

I was just going to assume cafeteria was the cafe. But if you wanna make another post thats ok with me.

Sigh

Country
      USA
      AL Points

That works for me. Cafeteria I shall stay.

Mistress Kitty
      Hot Purple mess.

Pervy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

yay we can be lazy

Assistant

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

xD

Sigh

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Lol nice sis

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information