Friendly

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

LAGC Hostel Final List & Questions

Final Hostel List

The FINAL hostel list is now available on this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IocG77Ykl82phOzH0RwUG7jZz0aiziUnyQaf3CqxaZ8/edit#gid=1169976522

If you have paid and you're not on this list, PANIC! Please let us know ASAP if you're not on the list.

Requests

Requests are now closed. Changes aren't possible unless it's an emergency. Please ask us if you need something, and we'll try to help.

Where we are staying and price.

Where are we staying? We will be staying at the Smart Russell Square Hostel.

The Smart Russell Square Hostel (WEB LINK HERE) is located near Russell Square tube station, which is on the Piccadilly line, one stop before Kings Cross.

Smart Russell Square Address/Number

Address: 71-72 Guilford Street, London

Common Questions

What time is checking-in?

Checking in starts at 3PM on Friday. Please wait until 3PM until speaking to the hostel reception. If you arrive earlier, you can wait in the common room until 3PM. We will be checking-in until 10PM, If you are arriving after 10PM, please text/email us in advance so we can make arrangements for you.

Is there any late night curfew?

No, you can come back to the hostel anytime. However, the hostel has night security on the door. You will need your keycard AND your photo ID to get into the building at night. No ID means no entry! Everyone is checked and there are NO exceptions.

Is there a breakfast provided?

~ Breakfast is available for a fee.

Are Visitors allowed? ~

No, visitors are not allowed in the dorms or in the common room.

Where is the hostel reception?

~ The hostel reception is located at the front of the hostel building.

How do I get in and out of the hostel? How do I get a Dorm Key?

~ Dorm keys will be given out by our staff. This is available on check in by speaking to our staff on Friday in the common room.

Is there a security locker to leave high-value items in?

~ Lockers are available to hire for a small fee.

Does the hostel provide towels?

~ They are available for purchase at the front desk.

What time are check-outs?

~ You need to check out no later than 10:00AM on your day of departure.

- If you have paid for two nights then checkout is Sunday morning.
      - If you have paid for three nights then checkout is Monday morning.

Is alcohol allowed in the dorms?

~ Alcohol is allowed to be consumed in the common room, but not in the dorm rooms.

What is accessibility like at Russell Square?

There is a small set of 5/6 stairs going up to the hostel building. Most of our rooms are either in the basement or upstairs, so staying is not recommended if stairs are a problem for you.

Is WiFi access available?

Yes, there is WiFi available at the Smart Russell. The WiFi code password is located on a sign at the front reception. Note that the router is located at reception, so the WiFi may not connect in the rooms because of the distance from the router.

Where to meet up with us on Friday & Friday Activities

IF YOU CAN'T GET TO THE 2PM MEETUP

Don't panic! Just make your way to the hostel and we can still check you in up until midnight (please call us if you're arriving after 10PM).

We will be meeting at the Russell Square tube station at 2pm. If you arriving later or can not find us, make sure to call Martin - number 07502393033, or make your own way to the hostel after 2pm (easily found using Google Maps).

WHO TO CALL IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES

If you have any issues from Friday to Monday morning, please call/text Martin (number below).

Please ONLY contact Martin Friday-Monday on 07502393033. If you have any queries at any other time, please post here or email us at registrations @ animeleague.com.

Friday Activities

Friday entry to LAGC starts at 12PM (noon), and we have activities going on all afternoon/evening. Please view the conbook and event timetable for more information.

Saturday and Sunday Activities

Normal entry to LAGC is at 10.30AM on Saturday and Sunday, unless you are helping out (ie: staffing) in which case it is 8:30AM onward. We will then be rolling until midnight, where everyone will return to the hostel (or go home/to their hotels!). The last tube back to the hostel is just after midnight.

There's lots to do throughout the day, including a ton of events, dealers (we will aim to have plenty of companies involved, so there will be plenty to buy, probably at prices lower than Expo events), Video Gaming, Artist Alley, anime screening and so forth.

Transport Information.

Getting the London in itself is not the end of transport costs. You will need to get a London Underground Day Travelpass on the Saturday at the least. This will cost about £6.50 (about two thirds of this maximum if you have an oyster card, which we recommend you buy). It will allow you to go anywhere in London all day via the underground.

Click here for a map of the London Underground.

I would recommend booking in ADVANCE by train or coach. You might get a discount.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk is the site for booking and finding out train times nationwide.

IF you happen to live in or be close to a major city, then megabus might substantially reduce the cost of travelling.

http://www.megabus.co.uk/uk/

Similarly, National Express do a similar deal -

http://www.nationalexpress.co.uk
      Last edited by RedHat; 07-04-2018 at 08:06 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalJed
      I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse

Re: LAGC Hostel Information - Request where to stay and ask questions here

Forename(s) and Surname: Thomas West (BeachZack)
      Email Address: Twest2012@hotmail.co.uk
      Names of People you wish to share with: Fraser Smith (Zylox), Ashley Williams (Vebreuce)
      Any special requirements we need to know? Happy with loud room
      'If you want to walk on air, try with all your heart to walk on the stars, and soon enough you'll find yourself where you want to be'

Forename(s) and Surname: Fraser Smith (Zylox8)
      Email Address: [email]Fraser.smith1994@hotmail.co.uk
      Names of People you wish to share with: Thomas West (BeachZack), Ashley Williams (Vebreuce)

Forename(s) and Surname: Ashley Williams (Vebreuce)
      Email Address: ashwba@hotmail.com
      Names of People you wish to share with: Thomas West (BeachZack), Fraser Smith (Zylox8)

Administrator
      Unavoidable.

Bemused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

We'll ensure you're all placed together ^

Keep the requests coming folks
      ---

Administrator
      Unavoidable.

Bemused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

We'll ensure you're all placed together ^

Keep the requests coming folks
      ---

Hiya mate, could you please check your PM's? I've send my request through there as I don't feel ok with posting my private information in a public thread. Thanks

Administrator
      Unavoidable.

Bemused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by armin22 View Post
      Hiya mate, could you please check your PM's? I've send my request through there as I don't feel ok with posting my private information in a public thread. Thanks
      @RedHat can you confirm you received this?
      ---

Forename(s) and Surname: Georgia Luffman
      Email Address: soranightfury@hotmail.com
      Names of People you wish to share with: Jess Wain, Lizzie Newell, Alex Young, Jessica Rainsford and Alex Aldred
      Any special requirements we need to know? Nothing of note

Forename(s) and surname: Jess Wain
      Email address: Jess.alice.wain@gmail.com
      Name of people wish to share with: Georgia Luffman, Lizzie Newell, Alex Young, Jessica Rainsford and Alex Aldred
      Any special requirements we need to know? Nothing to note.

Still no reply from Redhat, would you like to me message you the requests instead or is there someplace else I can send the request to? Thanks

Queen of AL~
      Flutter-No!

Crying

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by armin22 View Post
      Still no reply from Redhat, would you like to me message you the requests instead or is there someplace else I can send the request to? Thanks
      If you send it to me I'll make sure to bug Redhat about it for you ^_^

Thanks Nocchi for the sig~

Facebook|| Youtube ||

Forename(s) and Surname: Sharon Jameson
      Email Address: s.jameson@outlook.com
      Names of People you wish to share with: Martin Jameson and Megan Brooks
      Any special requirements we need to know? none

Administrator
      Unavoidable.

Bemused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Keep them coming folks
      ---

Feeling great about myself

Pervy

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Forename(s) and Surname: Shakib Ali
      Email Address: Shakib.ali10@hotmail.com
      Names of People you wish to share with: Mohammed Rahman
      Any special requirements we need to know? Nothing really.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information