• Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

EH Head Moderator
      Come join us in Entrance Hall!

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Entrance Hall Check-In - ask questions, get buddies or help out in Entrance Hall

Welcome to Animeleague! We're a very friendly community run by the fans for the fans, and are always looking to help you have a fun time and make new friends! We run major events - both online and real-life. Our real-life events include anime cons such as Alcon in Leicester, London Anime & Gaming Con, Manchester Anime & Gaming Con and much more.

If you get confused, then make sure to check out our guidebook HERE, or alternatively you can ask any questions in this thread!

Check-In, Say Hi and Get Your Buddies!

Tell us about yourself by posting this form in this topic. You can also make your own thread in Entrance Hall if you'd prefer.

Name and Age: (Only if you want to say so)
      Who/What Brought Me Here: (Did anyone bring you here? If not, how'd you find us?)
      Hobbies/Interests: (You don't have to tell us)
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: Tell us something amusing/interesting/entertaining!
      Do you Want a Buddy: (Buddies are some of our friendly members, and they will help you get to know the forum and our members. We will pick a buddy for you and have them contact you.)
      If you ask for a buddy then you will be PMed and given someone who will help you get involved and become a part of this community! They will contact you via either our chatroom or PM.

10 Cool Things to Do at Animeleague!

#1. Join the discussion: We have a discussion area for everything. General Discussion is the hub of the community and where you should go if you want to discuss something or get involved. Whilst Entertainment Zone, Anime & Manga and Video Gaming sections are great places to discuss your hobbies and interests!

#2. Go Crazy! Bored? Got nothing to do? Want to raise your post-count? Then go spam in Crazy League, for jokes, polls, random games, spam, memes - everything and anything. GO GO GO!

#3. Make a Journal: Make an AL Journal, your own little section of AL and tell us about your life!

#4. Join a social group or a clan. See that link at the top entitled "Groups"? Click it and check out the social groups and clans we have! You can join as many social groups and clans as you like. Don't find something you fancy? Go make your OWN social group in a few seconds via the social group link! You can also check out the clans and signup for them here. Just reply in the ones you want to join.

#5. Chat! The public chat box is almost always active, or if not active people lurk. Come say hi and get to know our awesome community!

#6. Tune into the radio! Yes, we have our very own online radio station! Go take a listen!

#7. Roleplay: Want to be someone else? Play as your favourite character or original creation? Go check out CityScape for a wealth of fun and active roleplays to be a part of!

#8. Be Creative! We have a large and thriving art, graphic-maker and writing community. Check them out and make sure to show us what you've created!

#9. Check out our real life meets and events. We regularly hold meets and events. Why not check out the meetups, events and clubs area (located here)? Or our convention forums (located here)?

#10. Regular online events! Most sections run something, and occasionally we do huge board-wide events too. Don't miss out!

AND MUCH MORE! Why not browse around now and take a look?

Frequently asked Questions

How do I change my username? You can do that via the shop (just click the shop link) and it costs 500 credits. Every new member gets 500 credits which is enough for one username change. For more info on how to earn credits, check the guidebook.

How do I customise my profile and add an avatar/signature? You do this by clicking "Edit Profile" at the top right. You can find more details on editing your signature in the guidebook (as usual).

Do you have twitter/fb?. Yep! Follow us on http://www.twitter.com/animeleague for regular updates of what Animeleague and our events are up to! We're also on fb at http://www.facebook.com/animeleague

●●● Join the Entrance Hall Team! ●●●

Entrance Hall supports 2 Schemes. You may apply to one or both!

1. Newcomers Guardian Scheme:

• Assistants are primarily responsible for posting in every new thread in Entrance Hall every week.
      • Target threads that have the fewest replies first. It's important to make everyone feel equally welcomed.
      • Posts should not be copied and pasted. They need to be original and engage the person in conversation. Find out their interests and help direct them around the board, etc.

2. Entrance Hall Buddies:

• There are many members who join AL and either post once or just a few times and then leave AL. The aim of a buddy is to be their first AL friend!
      • To do this, Buddies need to PM new members and welcome them.
      • Buddies help answer questions and direct members to places of interest on AL.
      • Buddies should talk to their new members, and make them feel at home. They can do this by talking to the new members via visitor messages, private messages, and AL chat room.
      • Buddies should send friend requests to these new members and above all do their best to make them feel welcomed and joining in the AL fun!

●●● To Apply ●●●

Please Tell Us the Following:

• Which Scheme(s) are you applying for?
      • Why do you think you're right for this scheme?

●●● The Current Team ●●●

::Entrance Hall Moderators::
      @IkkleGemz - Head Moderator
      @Cmartins - Moderator
      @brycec - Moderator
      @Pixiedora - Moderator

Newcomers Guardian Scheme
      @MrMurphseeksLAM
      @H03nn89
      @Momogari
      @Emotive
      @arnold12340

Entrance Hall Buddies
      @Cmartins
      @DaddyCool
      @IkkleGemz
      @MrMurphseeksLAM

Last edited by .:Gemz:.; 05-17-2018 at 09:08 PM.
      Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
      Entrance Hall || My Journal

Awesome

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Entrance Hall Check-In - ask questions, get buddies or help out in Entrance Hall

Name and Age: Craig Hill (28)
      Who/What Brought Me Here: Visited the Manchester expo site while researching expo's in the UK and found this forum as a result.
      Hobbies/Interests: I'm an artist. I'm currently working on my own manga, as well as carrying out a monthly challenge of doing a piece of 128x128 pixel art every day of march.
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: I've never been to an expo in the history of ever despite being nuts about Japanese culture and gaming.
      Do you Want a Buddy: Sure!

Re: Entrance Hall Check-In - ask questions, get buddies or help out in Entrance Hall

Name and age: Ren/Amy, 16
      What brought me here: Dad found the Norwich event on facebook so as a result I found this
      Hobbies: I draw a little, read manga and watch anime
      Interesting facts: I usually run out of things to say here so uuuhhhh,,, I'm autistic and I like watercolours? I guess? Eh, I'm pretty plain
      Do you want a buddy?: No thank you

EH Head Moderator

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hi @TheChillMethod and @shoutoperry you should create your own intro threads and join our icebreaker. @TheChillMethod I've organised a buddy for you

Blue Headgehog
      Default Minecraft Character's Blocks

Hungry

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hiya @TheChillMethod and welcome to AL. The Manchester Con is usually one of our top events across the year so you'll get a lot of gaming and anime in there especially. There's an AL meetup happening in Manchester on the 24th before the event too, so if you have Facebook, be sure to look out for it. All the best with your manga, that's some multitasking mastery you have there!

Howdy @shoutoperry another drawer! So many talents coming to our AL shores. Welcome aboard. The Norwich events are some of the newer cons on the calendar but there's high demand, so expect plenty of things going on there this year too.

Everybody feel free to create your own intros as Gemz recommended, or check out the ongoing Icebreaker event we're running if you want to ask any questions you like and get to meet other new members too. https://www.animeleague.net/forum/sh...day-Icebreaker

And don't hesitate to pop any of the team a message if you need any help with the forums or any AL queries. Have fun!
      "A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
      Entrance Hall Buddychap
      Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Name and Age: kaz
      what brought me here : my love for anime and bringing my son to animecom
      Hobbies/Interests: anime movies ...
      Interesting facts: I'm a secret star wars geek. . my son loves Japanese fighting cartoons and takes over my Netflix
      Do you Want a Buddy: yes plz x maybe a parent who also brings there children.

EH Head Moderator

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hi again @karentayyib

Hi! Name: Kayleigh, 27.
      What brought me here: Bristol Anime FB group.
      Hobbies/Interests: I love drawing, reading, watching films and playing games.
      Interesting facts about me: I'm a florist and have pet guinea pigs.
      Do you want a buddy? Aye!

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kaychan00 View Post
      Hi! Name: Kayleigh, 27.
      What brought me here: Bristol Anime FB group.
      Hobbies/Interests: I love drawing, reading, watching films and playing games.
      Interesting facts about me: I'm a florist and have pet guinea pigs.
      Do you want a buddy? Aye!
      Hey @Kaychan00 ^^ Welcome

What kinda books and films do you like?

Art by Yagi the Goat (and assisted by Naoki)

EH Head Moderator

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hi @Kaychan00 you should create your own intro thread in Entrance Hall so we can get to know you. I've sorted a buddy for you

Have you checked out chat yet?

Blue Headgehog
      Default Minecraft Character's Blocks

Hungry

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hiya Kaychan! Welcome to the land of AL. Hopefully you'll enjoy our creative arts, entertainment zone and video gaming sections. Say hi to the guineas for us too!

If you haven't already, check out our weekly icebreaker event where you can leave questions to other members new and old and get to know us too. https://www.animeleague.net/forum/sh...rch-30th-March

Feel free to ask any of the team for help with any forum or general AL questions you may have, or pop any of us a message. Have fun!
      "A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
      Entrance Hall Buddychap
      Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Hi everyone.

Name- Chris
      I found the forum via the Facebook page, about the upcoming Manchester convention.
      Reguarding hobbies, I enjoy drawing, watching superhero movies, anime (I like slice-of-life anime like Lucky Star or Umaru-chan) vintage comedies (can't go wrong with Perry & Croft) and playing video games (currently playing through the original Phantasy Star and Wild Arms. Although, Pokemon and Harvest Moon are my ultimate guilty pleasures.)
      Interesting fact: I like trains. I like coffee.

EH Head Moderator

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hi @Trurotaketwo you should create your own intro thread so we can all say hi. I like Umaru too

Name and Age: Aron Robinson (34)
      Who/What Brought Me Here: Found on MAGC 2018 website and just starting out with anime/manga
      Hobbies/Interests: Sports, Video Games, TCG (Pokémon, Magic)
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: Only connected the facts that Alucard is Dracula backwards (Thanks to my daughter, Morgan for constantly reminding me).
      Do you Want a Buddy: Here for knowledge and new friendships.

EH Head Moderator

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hi @MidnightAngelAJR6683 welcome to Anime League. You should create your own intro thread so we can all say hi

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information