"Can sins be forgiven?"

zzzz

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

X-Men: Dark Phoenix

So there's a new X-Men movie in the works. It comes out on November 2nd of this year. I've found a teaser/trailer on youtube. Here it is:

So what do you think? Will it be good? Only time will tell for me. Does it look interesting? What are your thoughts?

Re: X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Anything Phoenix related has 0% chance of being good.

X-Men story arcs are the most recycled ones in comic history, I swear. Aren't we about due for another new movie that talks about Wolverine's origin story?

I agree with @Papa Jupiter , but I would also add that it features Sophie Turner and usually when someone from game of thrones stars in film it tends to not be good.

Blue Headgehog
      Space Dandy's Quiff

Hungry

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Another one for the 'Phoenix won't translate to film' pile. She's been such an omega boss, possibly past Thanos level that you just know Fox won't have the resources nor the will to put the proper effects or the feeling of overwhelming power in there. They'll only do marginally better than X-Men: The Last Stand because half the cast won't be killed off so easily probably. The whole reasoning behind these Future Past films have been to forget the originals, so I guess it has a place. Wrong story to choose though.

They'll have stiff competition from Deadpool and Cable this year. Would've much preferred them to cover the Mojo World saga. And for bleedin' sake, put Gambit in the damn films finally instead of waiting forever for his own film that keeps losing directors.

Not sure we'll get another Wolverine, at least not until Disney fully own the franchise. It won't be Jackman in that, but he may take up the claws again if Wolverine appears in an Avengers movie. Fox probably thinks they've completed a trilogy now and given him an ending. Either X-23 or Daken will probably get a film instead knowing what they did with the comics.
      "A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
      Entrance Hall Buddychap
      Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Cloud Strife
      "Can sins be forgiven?"

zzzz

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Okay, here's my two cents.

I've thoroughly enjoyed and own ALL of the live-action X-Men movies, except for X-Men Origins: Wolverine anyway. I don't have anything bad to say about even one of them. I loved them all. I was, and still am, a faithful fan of the live-action series of movies. The original cartoons are far too rare and expensive for me to get and watch and, with our wifi as shitty as it is, we can't stream movies or videos online or with Netflix. I'm not about to spend over $100 on a comic book either. Yes, I'm aware that the movies are based off of the cartoons/comic books. That's why I'm talking about not being able to see/read any of them. The movies give fans of powers and fantastic stories a chance to be immersed in the X-Men world without the need for hundreds upon hundreds of dollars required doing it the hard way.

I guess I should mention the live-action series that were also X-Men related:

Legion
      The Gifted

I might be missing one...

Blue Headgehog
      Space Dandy's Quiff

Hungry

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

There was meant to be three but Hellfire got cancelled. It was supposed to be the story of the Hellfire Club, which would've had cameos from the X-Men in.

I'm more of a cartoon guy than the live actions for X-Men. Though I grew up with it as one of the five action cartoons I religiously watched along with Batman & Robin, TMNT, Bucky O' Hare and Spider-Man. Same with the earlier video games that followed the comics and animates series like the MegaDrive series, up to Children of The Atom. I'm happy there are still movies (at one point Marvel were trying to kill the X-Men off entirely to replace them with the Inhumans, and that's a tv series I can't bear to watch) but I guess now it's about how they can either tie the films up before the MCU tries to reboot them again, or how they can work with the existing MCU universe if the Disney-Fox deal goes through.

About crossing over - there's been speculation today that X-Men: Dark Phoenix may tie in to the Captain Marvel movie coming out later in 2018, through a common enemy of the Skrull. http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/...aptain-marvel/
      "A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
      Entrance Hall Buddychap
      Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Thread Information