• zzzz
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

The Dawn Radicals [social clan] - (sign up through nav bar, not this thread)

(click for the long version)
        Spoiler:  
      As far as places on the internet go, Animeleague is old. It's older than facebook, it's older than twitter. Animeleague is more contemporary with the PS2 first opening its online play. But it's not just a matter of platform: it's a matter of culture. How people talk together, how people play together, and how people make meaningful connections across borders and continents. The internet has changed rapidly, and continually. Animeleague has too.

In 2006 AL was a popular place; it hadn't entered the convention scene fully at that time, but its forums were buzzing with activity, and was a truly international place, full of friends from all over the globe. In such a busy board full of friends and fun, it was easy to lose sight of the newcomers, who often found it hard to connect with the established cliques. The Dawn Radicals was founded in 2006 as a clan for newcomers--we were the group that found joy in new friends, and made a home for those who came after us. Our mission was to make AL the most friendly and welcoming place it could be, and all the new friends we made along the way helped us in this. By our efforts, together with the efforts of AL staff, Animeleague changed.

Change never stops, least of all on the internet. They say now that technology is killing our human connection. They say social media exists so that people can present a facade, a mask to the world, while interacting with others in as clean and safe a way as possible: the reaction is the new kind word, the smiley the new nod. They say this passive glossy replacement of human connection is the future, and that the fact that we seem to inevitably consume it with envy, loneliness, and depression means the internet itself is a naturally terrible thing for people. It's easy to think these things, sometimes: it's where everything seems to land these days. But those of us who knew the internet before facebook and twitter--those of us who know AL, and most definitely, those of us who knew the Dawn Radicals--know better. It's all bullshit.

We're not here to be the next popular thing. We're here to make friends. I think a lot of people are missing this on the internet today--many of them now probably never knew such an internet existed. But even those of us who do remember miss it too--too many friends have drifted away; I'm proud (and deeply impressed with the current Entrance Hall team) to say that Animeleague is now the most friendliest and welcoming it has ever been in its 16-year history, and it'd be even better if it becomes as active as it was in the past.

I think this is something the Dawn Radicals can accomplish. There are plenty of people out there that need a friend and a place to call home. And you, being on AL already, probably know that AL is a really good place for friends, and maybe you even know already that it's also a really good place to call home. It's our home. It's got a few empty rooms. We're going to fill them.

And, so the Dawn Radicals are back, with a new mission.

The Dawn Radicals is a newcomer clan. It's mission is to be a home, and a family, for those who find their way here. In short, our mission is to make friends and have fun. But it's more than that--we believe the best home is a full home, and so we seek to not only build lasting relationships with those who walk through our doors, but (those of us who want to) also make AL known on the internet so that others who might be looking for friends can find us, join our shenanigans, share our cupcakes, and stick around. The bottom line is this: With enough friends, Animeleague is a pretty awesome place. We want you to be our friend, and make AL one person awesomer.

Some Stuff
      • No special rules. See AL Rules.
      • The DR forum is private. But it's not exclusively an 18+ forum, so any posts with adult content must be tagged with [18+]. The reason DR is private is because it's a social clan--sometimes, it's best to talk to others when you know what you say isn't publicly available.
      • Anyone is free to join, though, provided they don't have malicious intent in doing so. If you believe someone may seek to join with malicious intent, talk to a clan leader. We'll sort it out. We got you.
      • That's it. Nothing will ever be expected of you here, so come join our fun!

To Join
      At the top of this screen, click where it says "Clans" and then "Join a Clan". Find Dawn Radicals in the list, select it, and click "Join Clan" at the bottom. Then one of our clan leaders will add you when we're online.

Membership
        Spoiler:  
      (keep this list copy-pasteable)

the list was out of date anyway so I removed it here

Formal Mission and Vision
        Spoiler:  
      This is intended primarily for us clan leaders so we know what we're doing if we ever forget, but if you're wondering what our motivation is for keeping this clan running, you're welcome to read it.

Vision
      To make Animeleague a place that is active 24/7, and where friends can always be found any time of the day.

Mission
      To increase the active population of Animeleague. We will accomplish this in three ways: 1) retain new members by making strong friendships and providing a fun and comfortable place to socialize without pressure, and 2) interact with other sites, platforms, or other venues, in a way that draws new members to Animeleague, and 3) encourage and assist content creators who make fun and exciting things to do on or through AL.

Leadership Guidelines (always up for revision)
      This section contains guidelines agreed upon by current and former DR leaders as the best way to lead DR in executing its mission, as well as self-reminders to keep us cool. It's useful as many of us have experience leading groups in the past, and can share what we've learned through our mistakes.
      1. No work. Work is pressure, pressure keeps you away, and being away keeps you from having fun, and it keeps you from being a friend. For this same reason, nothing should ever be expected from members--everything that is done here, is done on a voluntary and ad-hoc basis. If you ever feel like what you're doing is work, just drop it, then post to tell us how your day is going.
      2. Everyone's a leader. Being a 'clan leader' just means you have the power to sticky threads. Deciding things is a team effort--the team being whoever feels like doing stuff at the time. With all that in mind, make sure everyone knows that they're free to take initiative.

Art credits: ManaAlchemist for the nekomomi, kanna's a screenshot, the photo is a common wallpaper with unknown photographer. I won't take responsiblity for the user pins.
      Last edited by Momogari; 02-07-2019 at 04:53 AM.
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

Re: The Dawn Radicals [social clan]

I would like to join my friend.
      Sounds like a sweet idea.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Done.

I need to change the name on elektro/angelwing/@Mathew of Arc 's user pin, but I'll do it later.
      Hell, maybe he's not done changing his name lol.
      sig art by miwool with help from poronegi; sticker credits: miwool sazi Yagi the Goat Shironappa

Clan Nation Moderator
      Akina SpeedStars

zzzz

Country
      Scotland
      AL Points

Sign me on up, Momo. ^_^ And thanks @Yuki for your thoughts! <3

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Sure!

Only needs one more member for a forum now.

Clan Nation Moderator
      Akina SpeedStars

zzzz

Country
      Scotland
      AL Points

Perhaps @H03nn89 might be interested?

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Oh, yeah. I do want to talk to her more too.

Murph said yes. Gonna pull him into liking it, too.

So there's 10 now.

I don't have photoshop on linux, so I can't throw up new user pins yet, but I'll get to it soon. Not like anyone's holding their breath anyway. The forum's more important, so I shall request it.

Blue Headgehog
      Space Dandy's Quiff

Hungry

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Hell Radical clannies. I'm on board, but may be prone to use 80s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle catchphrases as we go, such as 'radical', 'awesome dude' 'bossa nova' and of course 'cowabunga'.
      "A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
      Entrance Hall Buddychap
      Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Yeah, I 100% appreciate what this clan stands for and would love to join

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      Canada
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Awesome @Yellow Magic . DR'll be glad to have you.

I haven't been a clan leader in years and apparently I have to relearn how to add people now.

See if you can request to join The Dawn Radicals on this page: https://www.animeleague.net/forum/pr...editusergroups. Maybe I can approve a request that way. I coulda swore there was a way to add members directly back in the day--maybe that's no longer the case, or maybe I'm not seeing it yet.

Either way, I'll get used to it, and you'll get in somehow lol.

Content

Country
      USA
      AL Points

@Yellow Magic , you've been added! ^^

i used to be a part of DR way back in the day. may i please be readmitted to its ranks?

Content

Country
      USA
      AL Points

@Gaidin , you've been added ^^

Meh

Depressed

Country
      USA
      AL Points