The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Different anime tracking services

I've been starting a process to be active elsewhere on the internet to advertise AL and bring more people here. I'm going to do so under the name Momogari, so I've been making new accounts and such.

I think I might need to move my anime lists to either a new service, or at least to the new name. Right now I use ANN under the name morsmaestro. I think ANN is good--it's not as popular anymore, but its highly functional, easy to use, very versatile in the way you can set up lists, and its encyclopedia has a crazy amount of information, so it's probably a good choice still, but maybe it's not as social-friendly. It might not be good for sharing outside of ANN.

What other services are out there? If you use another, what makes it good?

Also, if you happen to know of any service that allows importing/exporting from a file, I'd love to hear about it. I have a feeling none exists, but just in case.

Another option, since my purpose is advertising AL, is to maintain it on AL. It could be done with careful structuring. It's far from ideal, but if it fits the purpose...

Sig by Naoki :3

Wanderer

Bemused

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Re: Different anime tracking services

Anime-Planet has an import from other sites feature only. Link to my profile is in my signature. There are several AL members already using A-P. I dunno if it's any better for what you're trying to achieve since I've barely used ANN beyond a quick info gathering.

~ Chaosymphonia's Adopted Big Sister ~
      ~ The Girls of AL Clan Sign-Up Thread ~ The Girls of AL Clan (Members Only) ~

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Buta View Post
      Anime-Planet has an import from other sites feature only. Link to my profile is in my signature. There are several AL members already using A-P. I dunno if it's any better for what you're trying to achieve since I've barely used ANN beyond a quick info gathering.
      Oh, sweet. They have the right idea. Unfortunately it seems as though they haven't implemented it for ANN...

Thanks for the note though.

Goodbye winter, hello spring :D

Awesome

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I found anime-anime planet nice and easy to use. I haven't really tried any others. I do like the feature showing how many episodes and the equivalent in hours, days weeks etc... out of all the anime you've watched combined

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Heh. It is an interesting feature. Based on Buta's, I think I'd be around 3 months.

I'm getting that the two most popular services right now are anime-planet and MyAnimeList, with a third less popular one possibly being AniDB?

Does anyone have thoughts on the community behind any of them? Is it active? Is it friendly?

I have never used any services to track my anime, or lists of them anyways. I've watched all kinds, a lot of it on VHS, DVDs, BDs, and VCD's. I got copies from friends too, as well as they did from me. Perhaps that is a bit old school. So my anime tracking is my shelves, DVD/VCD/BD cases, and the internet services I use to watch anime.

I suppose one that tracked it all together might be interesting, but I'm not sure why I'd go to the trouble to do that.

Once in awhile I post and write on Crunchy's and other's website. Usually not though. I find AL to be a more interesting forum to post on.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

If I don't keep lists, I'd never remember what I've seen, my memory is just too terrible.

Content

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Personally, I like to use AniList. Really nice and modern UI, and has easy to use list customization. Example of my list: https://anilist.co/user/drill/animelist

They sort upcoming anime here: http://anichart.net/Spring-2018

They only have MAL import though, so might not be for you.

Well, I cannot say I remember each and every anime I’ve watched, but I remember a good number of them.

In a way it’s a good thing because I could watch an anime again and enjoy it a second time.

I don't keep a list anymore either, Ive watched so much I've lost count however if it's a really good anime, show, book, manga or any other media I don't think many people forget those sorts of things.

The Original Mors
      Awesome

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by DMW Shiro View Post
      I don't keep a list anymore either, Ive watched so much I've lost count however if it's a really good anime, show, book, manga or any other media I don't think many people forget those sorts of things.
      Even though I try to keep lists, I'm usually pretty bad about so I'm always finding things that I've seen that aren't on my list lol

But I've lost count too, apart from the lists I do have. It's a rough estimate -_-

Thread Information