• zzzz

Administrator
      Roawr

Angry

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Thank you all for attending! Feedback and Next Event Topic!

We would like to thank everyone for attending Bristol Anime & Gaming Con! Over 1,600 of you attended making this our busiest Bristol event ever!

We'd like to invite your feedback and thoughts on the event. Did you enjoy it? Any thoughts or general opinions. Let us know!

PS: Don't forget our other events! Here's the full list of them for 2018 -

10-11 February - Cardiff Anime & Gaming Con - www.cardiffanimecon.com
      16-18 February - London Anime & Gaming Con - www.londonanimecon.com
      7-8 April - Manchester Anime & Gaming Con - www.manchesteranimecon.com
      28-29 April - Bristol Anime & Gaming Con - www.bristolanimecon.com
      5-6 May - Birmingham Anime & Gaming Con - www.birminghamanimecon.com
      6-8 July - London Anime & Gaming Con - www.londonanimecon.com
      4-5 August - Liverpool Anime & Gaming Con - www.liverpoolanimecon.com
      18-19 August - Cardiff Anime & Gaming Con - www.cardiffanimecon.com
      (Provisional) 30th August to September 2 - Alcon 2018 - www.alcon.org.uk
      October 6-7 - Bristol Anime & Gaming Con - www.bristolanimecon.com
      November 10-11 - Norwich Anime & Gaming Con - www.norwichanimecon.com
      Last edited by Pirate Timelord; 10-09-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Re: Thank you all for attending! Feedback and Next Event Topic!

Saturday evening and all day Sunday
      I was by myself. And as someone with low confidents I found it hard to talk to others at the convention.

Mr. Fantastic's Elastic

Hungry

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Attended on Saturday until around 8 due to having to get back up North. After also attending Alcon, I have to say it does appear some points were listened to and the event was much more seamless and well oiled. The numbers are well deserved and I can see Bristol challenging London for the premiere AL location of choice after a couple of tweaks.

- Main gripe first out of the way, same as before: Good to see colourful and clear maps in the con-books this time. The timetable however is still lacking any sort of colour coordination or room/ floor labels (in brackets below each section header would be nice). It's a smaller venue so it didn't cause too much trouble this time, but the small addition would save a lot of time trying to find what's going on where etc.

- Venue was all in one which helps massively. I could see all rooms packed at all times. Couldn't even get around the gaming room most of the time due to the amount in there to watch others playing. It'd suggest finding more spacious rooms for some of these areas if it came to it, if it's possible in that hotel venue or a different venue.

- Prices of food and drink were fine. There weren't too many options and most people were being directed into town to get lunch. I'd just say there it would be nice touch to have either a map or list of close-by locations, again to save some time so attendees could get back into the venue and straight back into the fun.

- I enjoyed the all-in-one arcade cabinet near the bar far too much. Those guys are quite ambitious at Retrograde and hope to bring more in, so I definitely suggest keeping them on for April.

- As a general idea, I'd love to see more variety on the main stage downstairs if you end up using the same venue again. There was plenty going on, but the problem usually with many cons (not consigned to just AL) is they all tend to happen at the same time and cloning facilities aren't available yet. I'd have swapped a couple of the stage talks to the room upstairs and have had some of the gaming tournament finals on stage, or alternative activities (it's been the second time now I've seen the geek quiz bring everyone downstairs. That and the karaoke were big hitters that had the place chock a block the whole time. A top combo).

- Out of curiosity, were photos at reception available to everyone, purchased separately or for the cosplay masqueraders only? Seemed to be a bit picky on who got there before others as there were no queues.

Other than those bits, rather a lot of fun. That's the standard now to bounce off of. Well done.
      "A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entrance Hall Buddychap
      Entertainment Zone Anchorchap
      Crazy Blue Leaguer Chap
      Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Very very disappointed. My first convention and my partner and I took an extremely excited 6yr old along. Paid close to 30 to walk around a few basic stalls and be crammed into a tiny "video gaming room." Very poorly organised. Staff didn't seem to know what they were doing. My son got to play 1 game in the gaming room, and even that was only because someone took pity on him and let him play. Maybe next time a time limit should be imposed or a winner stays in system to ensure as many people who want to play get the opportunity to do so. The whole event was badly laid out and we gave up after just over an hour. I don't know if I was expecting too much or what but this has out me off every attending another convention. And we left with a very very disappointed little boy who had been looking forward to the event for weeks. Shame as the potential was huge. I wouldn't suggest advertising as an "all age" event when there wasn't 1 thing suitable for a young boy, and the "act" on the stage we walked into let slip several swear words. 1 retro arcade game in the bar, 1 small room crammed with limited games and even limited space to play them, 3 stalls by the lifts, a room of 10 stalls selling the same things, and a main stage with nothing going on for kids. What a waste of 30.

My daughter and I attended. She loves the opportunity to cosplay so we had an okay time however I agree with some of the above comments.

The games room is far too small there was no point spending any time there. Either book more rooms (organise by console?) or book a bigger room. I like the idea of the finals being screened in a larger area (or stage)

as I mentioned in a previous post, I think that the plushie workshop should be age restricted (or at least give kids priority) my daughter managed to get a seat but I saw a fair few children visibly upset at not being able to take part when there seemed to be quite a few adults not even with children with seats...does a 30 year old really have a better reason to make their own plushie than a 10 year old? The lady running it is a delight though and we very much appreciated her time and the use of her materials..so thank you

The stage is as chaotic as ever but i think therin lies it's charm but more thought need to go in to what goes on there though

Thanks to the tabletop gamers we played a few new ones that have gone on the Christmas list

All in all it's not great but we still had fun whether or not it was 20 of fun I'm not sure

Lastly thank you to all the attendees who are all lovely giving my daughters cosplay nice comments which made her very chuffed.

AL Girl/CMC Head Moderator
      Dem deadlines be creepin up on me :P

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hina19 View Post
      Saturday evening and all day Sunday
      I was by myself. And as someone with low confidents I found it hard to talk to others at the convention.
      @Hina19 I hope you enjoyed the convention I would suggust that you join the ice-breakers on the forums before the con or attened the ice-breaker panels at the start of the convention that is where I made most of my friends when I first started to attend cons.

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by MrMurphseeksLookAtMe View Post
      Attended on Saturday until around 8 due to having to get back up North. After also attending Alcon, I have to say it does appear some points were listened to and the event was much more seamless and well oiled. The numbers are well deserved and I can see Bristol challenging London for the premiere AL location of choice after a couple of tweaks.

- Main gripe first out of the way, same as before: Good to see colourful and clear maps in the con-books this time. The timetable however is still lacking any sort of colour coordination or room/ floor labels (in brackets below each section header would be nice). It's a smaller venue so it didn't cause too much trouble this time, but the small addition would save a lot of time trying to find what's going on where etc.

- Venue was all in one which helps massively. I could see all rooms packed at all times. Couldn't even get around the gaming room most of the time due to the amount in there to watch others playing. It'd suggest finding more spacious rooms for some of these areas if it came to it, if it's possible in that hotel venue or a different venue.

- Prices of food and drink were fine. There weren't too many options and most people were being directed into town to get lunch. I'd just say there it would be nice touch to have either a map or list of close-by locations, again to save some time so attendees could get back into the venue and straight back into the fun.

- I enjoyed the all-in-one arcade cabinet near the bar far too much. Those guys are quite ambitious at Retrograde and hope to bring more in, so I definitely suggest keeping them on for April.

- As a general idea, I'd love to see more variety on the main stage downstairs if you end up using the same venue again. There was plenty going on, but the problem usually with many cons (not consigned to just AL) is they all tend to happen at the same time and cloning facilities aren't available yet. I'd have swapped a couple of the stage talks to the room upstairs and have had some of the gaming tournament finals on stage, or alternative activities (it's been the second time now I've seen the geek quiz bring everyone downstairs. That and the karaoke were big hitters that had the place chock a block the whole time. A top combo).

- Out of curiosity, were photos at reception available to everyone, purchased separately or for the cosplay masqueraders only? Seemed to be a bit picky on who got there before others as there were no queues.

Other than those bits, rather a lot of fun. That's the standard now to bounce off of. Well done.
      @MrMurphseeksLookAtMe glad to see our improvements from Alcon have been noticed, we still have a lot of arrange, but we are working hard and listen to you because these convention are for you guys! Timetable can be looked at and we can see what we can do there with being more clear of where everything is With Stage content we are working on a new events and are going to include gaming events, so it isn't all in one area, if you have any suggestions/things you would like to see on stage we are more than happy to hear them! Photos at reception were for everyone
      I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Bristol and hope to see you again very soon!

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Anaball View Post
      Very very disappointed. My first convention and my partner and I took an extremely excited 6yr old along. Paid close to 30 to walk around a few basic stalls and be crammed into a tiny "video gaming room." Very poorly organised. Staff didn't seem to know what they were doing. My son got to play 1 game in the gaming room, and even that was only because someone took pity on him and let him play. Maybe next time a time limit should be imposed or a winner stays in system to ensure as many people who want to play get the opportunity to do so. The whole event was badly laid out and we gave up after just over an hour. I don't know if I was expecting too much or what but this has out me off every attending another convention. And we left with a very very disappointed little boy who had been looking forward to the event for weeks. Shame as the potential was huge. I wouldn't suggest advertising as an "all age" event when there wasn't 1 thing suitable for a young boy, and the "act" on the stage we walked into let slip several swear words. 1 retro arcade game in the bar, 1 small room crammed with limited games and even limited space to play them, 3 stalls by the lifts, a room of 10 stalls selling the same things, and a main stage with nothing going on for kids. What a waste of 30.
      Hi @Anaball , sorry to see you were disappointed. We will take your suggestion with a rotation in the video games room, so people have more of a chance to take part. With the stage act that slipped up on a few swear words I think I know who you are talking about and that was genually a mistake as some of their material is geared towards the older audience, so they tried their best to use their clean material, but made mistakes along the way I can only apologise for this and make sure this doesn't happen again. We appreciate your feedback and will take your points on bored to make sure next time children are more involved with stage.

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sittingduck View Post
      My daughter and I attended. She loves the opportunity to cosplay so we had an okay time however I agree with some of the above comments.

The games room is far too small there was no point spending any time there. Either book more rooms (organise by console?) or book a bigger room. I like the idea of the finals being screened in a larger area (or stage)

as I mentioned in a previous post, I think that the plushie workshop should be age restricted (or at least give kids priority) my daughter managed to get a seat but I saw a fair few children visibly upset at not being able to take part when there seemed to be quite a few adults not even with children with seats...does a 30 year old really have a better reason to make their own plushie than a 10 year old? The lady running it is a delight though and we very much appreciated her time and the use of her materials..so thank you

The stage is as chaotic as ever but i think therin lies it's charm but more thought need to go in to what goes on there though

Thanks to the tabletop gamers we played a few new ones that have gone on the Christmas list

All in all it's not great but we still had fun whether or not it was 20 of fun I'm not sure

Lastly thank you to all the attendees who are all lovely giving my daughters cosplay nice comments which made her very chuffed.
      I'm glad you and your daughter enjoyed your time at the convention this weekend Next time we are thinking of organising more gaming stage events, so including the game tournaments as finals is something we can look into. The plushie workshop is open for all ages, but I'm sure I can talk to Helen and we can give children priority over adults as this is a popular workshop each time. Thank you for your feedback and glad you enjoyed the stage and tabletop games and glad your daughter enjoyed cosplaying and hope to see more next time!

Administrator
      Roawr

Angry

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Okay, we'll be wrapping this up this weekend and switching this forum to Cardiff/Bristol next yr. Please get your feedback in before then thanks

this mobile app drives me crazy man deleted my post instead of editing it heres my hasty repost

So i got to the crossplay panel at 12:59 and the doors were shut and i couldnt get in. something about a disclaimer that if you miss you werent allowed in? and this was the only panel with such a disclaimer? some messed up hooey imo, especially since i wasnt even late, i was rrrright on time. and that was the only panel i preplanned to go to as my next planned cosplay is gonna be a crossplay ideally. ya left a very handsome boy very sad :'(

dont mean to sound like a whiney brat or anything it was just pretty disappointing

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stiff Knees View Post
      this mobile app drives me crazy man deleted my post instead of editing it heres my hasty repost

So i got to the crossplay panel at 12:59 and the doors were shut and i couldnt get in. something about a disclaimer that if you miss you werent allowed in? and this was the only panel with such a disclaimer? some messed up hooey imo, especially since i wasnt even late, i was rrrright on time. and that was the only panel i preplanned to go to as my next planned cosplay is gonna be a crossplay ideally. ya left a very handsome boy very sad :'(

dont mean to sound like a whiney brat or anything it was just pretty disappointing
      Can be annoying, but that's the panelist decision so sorry that happened

yea it just woulda been nice to know about that ahead of time or like maybe they'll see this or something

Thread Information