• Achy
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arty
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Bitey
  • Cocky
  • Content
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Doh!
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Friendly
  • Fussy
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Horny
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Laughing
  • Loved
  • Ninja'ed
  • No Mood
  • Pervy
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Results 136 to 150 of 172

    1. #136

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      Overall I think it went pretty well.

      I fins it a bit strange that it starts on a Thursday afternoon as it means in order to go to the opening ceremony and attend the full convention someone would need to take two days off work.

      I felt the shedule of events was a lot more bare than it was last year. Good in the sense of it's less likely that two things you'd want to go to would clash but does leave a lot of empty time to be filled. Last year for instance there was a whole section of workshops that was missing this year. Like a game desgin workshop where at the end the group had come up with some basic setting and rules aesthetics concepts or a beginners introduction to Worbla where you could actually make a small trinket with it to get an idea how to use the stuff. Even if it would involve paying a cover charge for that event to cover materials it still allows some interactivity.

      I think having the anime screenings it the lobby was a great idea. Loud enough to be heard but not too loud to be over powering. It allowed for people to just wonder past and if a show happened to catch their eye they could just stop and watch for a while without having to commit to the whole thing.

      I think the seats in the games area were great for the set up of playing games as they were semi enclosed allowing you to focus on the game. But it did make it difficlut trying to find games to join. Also as there were no fixed start times for games being run I thought there was a lot of wondering through games in progress and not a huge amount of opertunities to join a game. I think if at the games desk there was a loose sign up for people and a time it was going to be run that would have been really helpful. eg. "One shot Call of Chuthlu. 8PM. 6 players". I don't know how feasible that would have been to organise though.

      The girl on the desk in Queens was particularly helpful with information for stuff that wasn't on the timetable, like time and place for Guest signings. I think her name was something like Ayesha.

      For recommendations I think something like an open treasure hunt like the kinda you see for kids at things like the zoo would be good. Along the lines of "Find the x number of y hidden around the convention." say it's 15 and they are A3 posters of the AL mascots on a white background. Something that is easily recognisable. The task is to find all 15 and take a selfie with each one. They are all hidden in public places with various levels of difficulty. So say the first one is behind the reception desk where the concept can be explained to people. There can even be clues to where some of them are in the con book or posted on twitter. eg. "Cakes, coffee, chocolate and tea. Maid with affection all for me." Not all have clues though, some you just have to find and anybody who can find them all gets some kind of prize. I'm not sure if something like this would be possible given the venue but I think it would be interesting.
       

    2. #137

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      Quote Originally Posted by swiftyswish View Post
      I think if at the games desk there was a loose sign up for people and a time it was going to be run that would have been really helpful. eg. "One shot Call of Chuthlu. 8PM. 6 players". I don't know how feasible that would have been to organise though.
      We did have some times listed - for instance the D&D edition wars where we ended up having four different variants run, or the Cthulhu one where a dozen of us played Lovecraftesque.
      There have been problems with sign-ups in the past, people not showing up to games being the main one, but perhaps it's time to revisit the idea now the area has become more popular?
       

    3. #138
      .
       
      Cool
       
      kirsty050's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Country
      UK
      Posts
      1,995

      Awards Showcase

      AL Points
      2,057

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      Quote Originally Posted by swiftyswish View Post
      For recommendations I think something like an open treasure hunt like the kinda you see for kids at things like the zoo would be good. Along the lines of "Find the x number of y hidden around the convention." say it's 15 and they are A3 posters of the AL mascots on a white background. Something that is easily recognisable. The task is to find all 15 and take a selfie with each one. They are all hidden in public places with various levels of difficulty. So say the first one is behind the reception desk where the concept can be explained to people. There can even be clues to where some of them are in the con book or posted on twitter. eg. "Cakes, coffee, chocolate and tea. Maid with affection all for me." Not all have clues though, some you just have to find and anybody who can find them all gets some kind of prize. I'm not sure if something like this would be possible given the venue but I think it would be interesting.
      They've had something similar to this before, they used to do a photo scavenger hunt where u had to find and take pics of loads of things
      They changed it to selfies and that's when I stopped, I can't stand selfies
      If they did this or regular photo hunt again I'd do it, it was fun before
       

    4. #139

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      Alrighty, I've left this a while to ponder over some things and what not and it's time to chuck in my few cents. I've been attending Alcon for 9 years now so I know it's general ups and downs. This being said, I hope what I say does get taken into consideration.
      First off, the criticisms and complaints.

      - The dealers room/artists alley. I actually made a very large point to many of my friends that I think Alcon has one of the best dealers/artists as there is such a variety. I mean, the Kitacon dealer's was EXTREMELY dissapointing this year and I remember saying to others that Alcon's is a hundred times better and there is much more variety. So what happened this year? 2/3 of the biggest dealers tables were all stolen artwork printed onto t-shirts. The artists room was dead. GRANTED, the few artists that were selling in their were great and I believe that's where I spent most of my money over the weekend, but there were so few which was extremely disappointing. If this was a case of not enough artists applied for a space, then that cannot be helped and please disregard my complaint. Maybe more advertising next year to draw artists in to sell?

      -Sound on the main stage was terrible, but I believe that's been pointed out many a time above.

      -DJ sets. Now whilst I am quite bummed that I missed the rock night on Saturday as I was partying too hard in the kitchens, the sets were just...average at best (to put it nicely). The Asian Pop night...We went for a while around 10ish and all I heard was a Psy song, BLACKPINK and one other song which I can't remember, then it suddenly flicked to dubstep? Now if there was more playing before I arrived, I apologise, but the Asian party was suppose to last til midnight and seemed to end around 1030? And the final countdown party is ALWAYS my favourite party to attend because of the cheesy pop/rock tunes. This year was such a let down. I think we ended up sitting at the back of the SU just waiting around for a good song to come on? Yes, cheesy tunes are fantastic...but not if you can't dance to them? Needs a better selection of songs to play. I am more than willing to create a set or what not for next year seeming as I've had DJing experience as such?

      - Security...I wore my badge and wristband at all times in the halls and around the con areas. How many times was I asked to see them? 0. I saw members of the public walking through Queens, Friday night there was a group of about 10 people who were clearly not with Alcon at the party. Whilst they obviously causing any issues, how do you think people who spent quite a bit of money to get to Alcon felt knowin people were just walking in and out of the con without paying? Whilst this is not Alcon's fault, I think you need to have a serious word with the uni about their bouncers.

      - Bar prices. I can't comment too much as I only bought one pitcher of cocktail over the whole weekend and for 12...it wasn't too bad. But agreeing with others, Alcon need to speak to DMU about the prices for next year.

      -Cosplay Auction. Again, dead. Think it needs to be moved a little later in the evening as it was quite early evening when people usually head back to halls to change/eat/chill.

      -Bede Halls. Any chance of getting balcony access again? The kitchen's get SO SO warm and trying to get a breeze or oxygen in general proved difficult. Don't know if this is a safety thing that Alcon has no control over, but please enquire next year.

      - Staff...staff. In the 9 years of attending Alcon, I have never EVER had an issue with staff. So who knows what the deal was this year. Friends of mine had some serious issues with a member of staff and I hope that is being taken very seriously as they were discriminating against disabilities and what not. Most of the staff members just didn't seem to care or were given pointless jobs? There was one chap (who I felt quite bad for) who was sat on a chair in Bede and told us his job was to sit there and press the button to open and close the door. I mean...seriously? Either find something a little more productive for your staff to do, or don't take as many on. We had an unpleasant encounter with a guy in Bede on Friday night. At around 9.30, myself and a few friends came down into the lobby area, we weren't being silent of course,
      but we weren't screaming or acting unruly. We waited in the lobby area for a few of our friends who were just grabbing stuff from their room on our floor, and being in the area for no more than 30 seconds were told to 'be quiet' by a member of staff. 9.30. Friday evening. IF we were in the quiet block, acceptable. IF we were screaming and shouting, acceptable. But we were just waiting and laughing/chatting. So why were we being asked to be quiet? Because this staff member was trying to watch anime and they couldn't hear it I'm guessing. I had another few encounters with staff who were on a power trip. Think you need to have a 'team meeting' with your staff and say that they are there to help and guide attendees, not treat them like shit.


      RIGHT. GOOD POINTS?

      - The few artists in the alley were great and would love to see them attend next year.

      - Cosplay Cafe. In the many times attending, I've never been to the cafe before and man was I missing out. Great staff, great entertainment and music. 10/10 would recommend.

      - Had a registration issue that was sorted quickly, so thanks for that!

      - Panels were much more organised this year and most of them ran on time and what not, so 'grats to the panellists and staff who helped to make them run smoothly.

      I think that's about it?
      I am really hoping all this gets sorted for next year, as I am still um and ahh-ing about attending if it was anything like this year.

      But thanks to the usual lot for making it fun for myself.
       

    5. #140

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      If I could have arrived early for a sound check I would have but I felt a little sad inside when I asked several members of staff about microphones and they both just shrugged me off and had no idea. Luckily we just got on with it!
       

    6. #141
      CMC/Chatroom Hmod
      Weeeeee
       
      Arty
       
      LikkleMel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Country
      UK
      Posts
      4,129

      Awards Showcase

      Blog Entries
      2
      AL Points
      6,983

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      Hi @Mangaforum Sorry you experienced that, when was this? If you want to discuss it more please don't hesitate to PM myself, so we can improve on next year!

    7. #142
      Maka CHOPPU!!
       
      Angry
       
      dracuella's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Country
      Denmark
      Posts
      33
      AL Points
      1,208

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      This is my 6th year attending Alcon, my all-time favourite con to go to.
      My mate and I love it so much we pay huge sums of money to travel all the way from Denmark (literally on planes, trains and automobiles) just to go to this little gem.


      The good. Not a complete list of all the things I like but the things that stood out this year as extra positive:
      • Bede: it's the best place to stay when at Alcon; it's close, convenient, I don't worry about theft, and the pre and post parties are always tonnes of fun.
        The kitchen areas are perfect for socialising and getting to know your dorm mates. Just remember ear plugs for sleeping later ^_^
      • Donald and his camera: I cannot begin to explain how happy I am Donald was gracious enough to take pictures of all the cosplayers. Not only did I get great quality pictures of my own and friends' cosplay, I also got to see all the ones I missed on FB.
      • The RPG room. Never did I imagine it could be as fantastic as it was. The room was bright, spacious, and inviting and the atmosphere friendly and inclusive. Tonnes of games for all tastes and time frames, and if you didn't want to play, you could just stand and watch the others which was almost just as much fun. THIS is how the RPG room should be and I hope you do the same next year.
      • The Student Union cafe: The food was delicious and inexpensive! It's the best con food we've had so far (not counting Pizza Kings; "Next, please!" is an Alcon must). And while the area wasn't perhaps optimal for anime viewing, it was great for relaxing and having something to eat.
      • The refurbished outside area: Gorgeous. Just perfect for walking about, meeting others and having a mental break. It has become such a pleasant area and is just a nice place to be. I'm glad they did this and makes our Alcon 2016 sacrifice totally worth it.


      The not quite so good. Again, just a summary of some of the things we could work on.
      • Toilet paper in Bede: The staff told us they wouldn't be making rounds in the dorms and apparently they meant it. But that also meant I took several trips to the toilet where I and had to go back and scrounge for tissues in my room. Perhaps have a stash of rolls in the kitchen for easy access? I didn't want to get dressed and go down to the registration area in the middle night for it >_>
      • The bar:
        - Regarding prices, it's been said before, you've stated you'll look into it but I just want to reiterate that even I, a full-time working, no-kids, sorta well-off person found them a bit steep. We did what the others did, bought stuff at the off-license and pre-partied at the dorms.
        - Regarding selection, I was sorely disappointed. I understand a lot of people like Somersby cider but at least let those of us who don't have an alternative (and not just a can of Strongbow at extortionate prices). Same with the spirits; vodka and Sambucca seemed to be the only options. Real drinks perhaps? Not asking for strawberry daiquiris here, just an alternative to those of us who have outgrown 'vodka and [insert name of mixer here]'.
      • Rock Night: I would really love more proper rock! Doesn't have to all 80s or all currently trending as long as it is makes you want to sing along at the top of your lungs and throw your head back and forth. The music felt less Rock-y than I'd have liked and with it usually being the highlight of Alcon for me, I was a bit sad to see it draw less of a crowd than it deserves. However, since this was the DJ's first time (I'm sorry, I don't recall his name ), I'm sure it will be back to its rocking self next year
      • Ghost town: I know this is completely out of your control but it just felt as if people were everywhere but at the convention buildings. Perhaps it was a mix of low attendance and everyone having arrangements elsewhere but it just made it feel a little lacklustre compared to previous years. It's the people who make Alcon so special and if the con area could draw them in outside of panels and such, that would be awesome. Perhaps have some sort of outdoors thing going on? I'm sorry, I don't have a really good idea for it
      • Vendors: Could you suggest more properly licensed merchandise to the vendors? This includes soundtracks NOT by MICA/MIYA Records (which is a Taiwan bootleg company, 100% illegitimate), t-shirts and such? I'd rather pay a little more and get something that supports the artists.


      All in all, still a wonderful con to go to and we'll be attending next year, too. Hope to see you all there <3
      うるさくてもいい!!

    8. #143
      Administrator
      Out with the old and in with the new!
       
      Awesome
       
      NotLikkleMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2003
      Country
      UK
      Posts
      62,241

      Awards Showcase

      AL Points
      28,623

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      Hello Everyone - first off I'd like to thank you all for your constructive feedback. When it comes to feedback, we'd far prefer honest critique as this is what gives us the information to improve and make better events for everyone. The fact that the vast majority of you are wanting to see things improve is a massive testament to our community and something that everyone here should be proud of.



      Now, I have since the event replied to most posts where I can and given our thoughts and take on it. Going forward I'd like to say what we shall be doing to improve future years. Some of these changes are already underway -

      1. Presenting: Our presenters are new and growing in to their roles. Whereas in the past we have had MCs who I have personally worked with for years, this is effectively a fresh start.

      I intend to personally work with our presenters and work on improving how they do their jobs. Myself and my stage manager shall be drafting up guidelines and advice on how to better present. This includes advice such as how to handle delays with appropriate filler, how to better gauge and involve an audience and so forth. It'll also include means to develop better chemistry (though please note this is not really something that can be strictly trained but takes time to naturally develop)

      Our presenters are still learning and have done a fantastic job given their current level of experience; we will be helping to train them up over the course of the next year now.

      2. Tech and Sound: The tech setup at the SU was inadequete for our needs. While this was not entirely due to our equipment (we could not get access to the SU due to DMU until late Wednesday giving almost no time for adequete sound-checks), we also accept that even after Thursday when we made adjustments that it was still not up to standard.

      Going forward we will be purchasing better subs and additional amps that will give a higher level of sound quality. We also intend to speak to DMU well in advance to run a sound test in house before the setup week (so that we identify issues beforehand and may have adequete time to sort).

      3. VIP Gala: Was not up to scratch yet again. We are putting together a group of organisers to handle next year's Gala that will focus just on the Gala. We will put a plan together and reveal it well in advance - so that you can then judge if you wish to buy VIP tickets based off of that plan. Either way, next year we intend to be far better than any VIP Gala in the past.

      4. Attendance: The attendance was less than usual at just under 1,000 as opposed to the standard 1,500. We won't hide or gloss over this fact.

      Promotion for Alcon 2018 begins this month and will be continual throughout the next year. To this end we are creating several new PR teams to help promote and get the word out. We are confident that with the help of attendees and crew we can see next year be far busier.

      We are additionally currently speaking to DMU about bringing the age range back to 16+ as opposed to 18+. There is a solid chance that if this change can go through that this will also greatly help numbers (in previous years when we did 16+ approximately 15% of the numbers were 16-17 - if Alcon 2017 had been 16+ then we would have likely got an extra 150 people alone based on this estimate).

      5. Content and Staleness: This is a problem we feel needs addressing across all our events. For too long we have re-run old events and content. This will now change. We will be holding several brainstorming sessions internally and also inviting ALL attendees to suggest new ideas. We want to try and ensure that Alcon 2018 has at least 5 brand new stage events, for example. We shall also be looking at new guests and new activities to run generally (for example, the Karaoke room suggestion is a good one).

      Now is the time to change things up and to bring in the new.

      6. Queens Building Layout: We will be rearranging the layout to move most of the Hallway tables into a secondary dealers room. This will reduce conjestion and give far more space to sit down and chillout there.

      We will also likely be bringing back the secondary anime screening room in the Queens, as it's clear that while people enjoyed the Anime Chillout Area at the SU, that some also want a dedicated room as well. So going forward we will run both.

      7. Car Parking Policy: There was a number of mistakes and miscommunications made here. I have spoken to our team and we will make it far clearer next year where people can park etc.

      8. Drink Pricing: No promises here, but we will speak to the SU at length on this and see what we can do. Ultimately lower drink prices DOES help their sales as it pulls in those who would otherwise drink over at Bede. We will make this clear to them - but sadly if they still say no then this won't change. Again, we'll do our best here.

      9. Security: There was a number of issues here with regard to the SU security (they had an external company hired in by DMU, not normal DMU or SU security please note) not checking wristbands.

      Going forward we shall be taking the following measures to bolster security -

      a. We have arranged a meeting with DMU to full discuss the issues at their end.
      b. We shall be introducing a new rule that in addition to wristbands, ALL attendees must also wear their conbadges. From Alcon 2007-2009 this was the case anyway before we introduced wristbands. Going forward we will ask attendees to require both as well as carrying their proof of ID on them. This triple-check will ensure it becomes VERY obvious if someone who is not a part of the event is intending to "sneak in". A conbadge being worn will also make it far easier to check faster (whereas wristbands can often be covered up due to costumes etc)
      c. At the SU we will arrange for our own crew to be on the doors regardless. We will only pull them off if SU security are present and physically on the doors.
      d. We will be better training our crew (this will involve some changes to our crew briefing manual) to handle security incidences in a manner that involves DMU security rapidly - the onus will be on *better safe than sorry*, so even if they are skeptical personally then they MUST always contact security if the attendees request it and even if they do not request it must ALWAYS raise the matter to an organiser to examine.

      10. Complaints Procedure: Is inadequete currently. It is ill-defined how people can complain and raise matters to the attention of the organisers (which I can tell has resulted in a lot of frustration and a general feeling that problems are being ignored and not addressed). Going forward all attendees will have the right to file an official complaint. This will be filed electronically and immediately be bought to the attention of the organisers. Every complaint will be dealt with by an organiser in person (if possible) with those involved.

      This will ensure that complaints are handled there and then on the day, and not left until after the event via email (too late in our opinion). This leads me on to..

      11. Social Media Handling: Was non-existant for the first day or two. There was a couple of attendees giving complaints to us over twitter about genuine issues which would have seemed like were being "ignored" due to us not checking twitter.

      Going forward we will be having a dedicated Social Media team on the day to rapidly handle attendee issues and help to resolve them. This relates in to helping to resolve and fix problems ON THE DAY and not after the event.

      12. Staff Communication and Hospitality: While all of our staff genuinely want to see a good event for you all, we accept that some may struggle to maintain professionalism and politeness under stressful situations. Communication may also get confused with information being given that is incorrect or confused.

      We will be working with our team (especially registrations which handles a lot of stress and the most front-facing issues) to better train them how to handle complaints, stressful situations and on improving their overall professionalism.

        Spoiler:  
      tldr;

      - Presenters inexperienced, will be trained.
      - Tech setup inadequete, better equipment bought and more testing time.
      - VIP Gala always crappy will be reimagined entirely and lots of attention put to it.
      - Far more numbers to attend next year (at least 50% more)
      - Content to be revamped.
      - Layout of Dealer Tables redone to give more space
      - Car Parking policy redone
      - Drink Pricing, no promises, but will speak to DMU
      - Security, more rigerous checks on entry and better communication with security
      - Full Complaints Procedure to be introduced so everyone can speak to an organiser if a major problem ON THE DAY
      - Social Media to be managed so issues and complaints highlighted we're aware of immediatrly
      - Staff Hospitality and Communication to be radically improved and trained.


      These are the twelve main changes we shall be implimenting next year (there are several more that are not strictly related to this feedback, which I shall skip for now). There's a lot to go through here, so I apologise if some issues have been overlooked (if they have please post them and I'll respond). Anyway, I hope this reassures everyone that we understand the problems and will be fixing them for next year. We fully intend to make our events as professional, enjoyable and fun to be at as possible. Thank you all for your feedback, and please do not hesitate to reply.
      ---

    9. #144

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      Nice to see issues being acknowledged and taken in!
      Looking forward to see how things progress !


      I have a few idea's for panels and stage events that I would be happy to lend a hand in if needed!

    10. #145
      Administrator
      Out with the old and in with the new!
       
      Awesome
       
      NotLikkleMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2003
      Country
      UK
      Posts
      62,241

      Awards Showcase

      AL Points
      28,623

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiju cosplay View Post
      Nice to see issues being acknowledged and taken in!
      Looking forward to see how things progress !


      I have a few idea's for panels and stage events that I would be happy to lend a hand in if needed!
      I hope that this shows that we do care and are willing to listen. I understand that there is a perception that we tend to ignore problems, and to this ends we may even seem untrustworthy. However, I can say that we really are not any of this and we all genuinely want to treat all our attendees well and put on an amazing show for them.

      If ever we react poorly to feedback then I am sorry (And I am not talking just about right now but also in the past), it's not because we're angry at the person, it'd be due to us (if anything) caring too much and taking it overly to heart. We intend to present ourselves better, show we care and put on better events all around for 2018 for everyone. We owe that to all of you to make the next Alcon bloody well amazing and the best one ever, and we will damn well make sure it is.
      ---

    11. #146

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      As this was my first Alcon, I can say I had a really enjoyable weekend but I think a few more interactive events on some days could really improve things (eg a smaller cosplay masquerade on the Friday or Sunday just as the Saturday at most other AL cons has a smaller masquerade and the Sunday has the main one.)

      - the wide range of panels was fantastic, from in character q & as to cosplay tips, there was something for everyone.

      - it would have been pretty cool to have seen the dealers hall open on the Thursday and Friday too

      - I'd love to see another anime/j-pop themed party as I feel the Pop Asia party was very k-pop lead. Maybe it would be cool to have a k-pop and anisong/j-pop themed party? At an anime con, I can assure you that NO ONE will tire of anime music and it will likely go down brilliantly!

      - karaoke was so fun and lively every night and got the party going! It's often one of my highlights of the AL cons and this was no exception! The only thing I'd say is the mics often didn't work and it would have been cool if it started an hour or two earlier but besides that it was a highlight

      - the stage was a fantastic space and I know the sound/tech issue has already been addressed but the team working on the stage were brilliant, easy to work with and got everything sorted really quickly

      I'm looking forward to next year and I'd love to help out again in any way I can!
       

    12. #147

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      I personally feel that an 18+ convention Is more free for both the guests and the attendees. For example you don't have to limit what is being said or done nearly as Much as you would if under 16s were there thus making the question and answer sessions and certain events flow more freely because you don't have to stop and think them censor your self
      This also gives under 16s a chance to attempt to sneak into places they shouldn't be again
      I understand why it has been suggested but I don't think the lack of attendees problem lies with it being 18+ as it was such a huge success the first time it changed to 18+ the problem lies elsewhere
       

    13. #148
      Administrator
      Out with the old and in with the new!
       
      Awesome
       
      NotLikkleMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2003
      Country
      UK
      Posts
      62,241

      Awards Showcase

      AL Points
      28,623

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      Quote Originally Posted by Aslynn View Post
      I understand why it has been suggested but I don't think the lack of attendees problem lies with it being 18+ as it was such a huge success the first time it changed to 18+ the problem lies elsewhere
      While it may have seemed that way, the reality was that we had to promote that year far harder to get the same numbers due to losing 15% of the crowd. I understand the +s and -s of 16+ as opposed to 18+ but if it can help ensure the numbers are decent then we can have more funds to also make the event better elsewhere (again something we want to also see happen - we had major plans for extra tech, guests and indeed content creation equipment that had to be canned due to budget constraints).

      A major priority is to get Alcon back to standard attendance for next year - we need to see a 50% rise minimum (as this year was a third down).
      ---

    14. #149

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      I personally believe that changing to a 16+ event will in fact to the opposite as I know many people who say a selling point/ one of the main reasons they go to the convention.
      "Look, that's just being happy, not having fun! Listen, what I'm asking is if you personally enjoy it. I don't care about others, I'm asking if there's anything that you can enjoy from your heart."

    15. #150

      Re: Thank you all for attending! Please feel free to give us your feedback.

      I was dissapointed with the fact that the final panel on the last day just never happened and I was told it was just the guests went back to accomodation or didn't know there was one even though it was on the timetable
       

    Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •