Mischievous Kitsune
      *sigh*

Bemused

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Azure Beach [Open, Super Casual][Summer Event]

Sunlight glinted off the clear crystalline waves of the ocean that surrounded Azure Beach, so named for the colour of the little fish that could be seen darting in and out of the shallows. It was that time of year again. The time for the summer beach party!

There was a little tiki hut on the beach that had smoke rising from the top where a local was cooking up food from the area and serving drinks. It was only a matter of time before the beach became crowded with the locals and the tourists for this was the biggest event of the year. Surrounding the beach was an emerald forest which was healthy and thriving thanks to the tender care of the locals. There were hiking trails clearly marked and number of locals were beginning to arrive.

[Everyone is welcome! There is no criteria for characters or for RP. As the title states super casual!]
      Mischievous Kitsune, If found return to AisakaTaiga.
      Back in the Habit.

Re: Azure Beach [Open, Super Casual][Summer Event]

Zara walked up to the local making drinks.

"What kind of drinks do you have. I'm about to go hiking," Zara paused for a moment, and thought I should clarify what I mean.

"I want a list of your alcoholic drinks only."

The local batted her eyes, tourists and their alcohol, usually the hikers knew better. The woman did look fit and to be the outdoors type. A customer was a customer, so she told Zara about her alcoholic drinks.

"I want two bottles of rum, that should do for now."

The local provided Zara with the rum, now wondering why so much, were there others? Zara paid for them and immediately headed for a hiking trail.

Zara put the bottles in her bag, and started her hike. She hopped her haunting demons wouldn't visit her today, the alcohol helped calmed her nerves.
      Tis the Season for Colds in your Nose or clear down to your Toes

I might get clingy if you get wet...

Friendly

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

"Come on... Were at the beach dad, you can show some skin!" Said a blonde haired female teen about the age of sixteen. "No one is gonna judge you, I mean look at that guy over there!" She points out a very heavyset man lying down on a beach towel, indeed he was bigger than her dad, but he still wouldn't budge.

"No thank you Fidel, I'm fine dying in this t-shirt and swim trunks in this heat.." Fidel stares at him with a dissatisfied look. "Not like I'm ever gonna find someone to replace your mother anyway. She was one of a kind. I don't think anyone could replace her fully."

Fidel sighs, "I know, I miss her too. You know what though, she wouldn't want you being all mopey and down. She would want you to move on." She moves in to hug him and in return she gets one back, plus a kiss on the forehead. "Well... At least lets have some fun!!" She says grabbing her dad by the hand and yanking him towards the small tiki hut.
      (Brief Candle by One Eyed Doll) Sleeping beauty/ Thing of the past /Dreams like this weren't made to last/ Open my eyes to find a hand is shaking me/ Horror story/ Thing of the past/ Nightmares were not made to last/ Closing my eyes to find a true awakening// Brief candle; burn away/ I will die another day/ Goblins in my passageway/ Cannot keep this life at bay// War story/ Thing of the past/ Soldiers were not made to last/ Ears full of gunfire and eyes full of blood/ A casualty/ Love story/ Thing of the past/ Innocence was not made to last/ All that remains of him is a child inside of me// Brief candle; burn away/ I will die another day/ Goblins in my passageway/ Cannot keep this life at bay

Head Moderator
      There's magic inside my old silk hat

Innocent

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Atem, stood atop the rocks that lay upon the beach overlooking the ocean itself and in her simple sky blue dress and matching sun hat she smiled and shielded her hands against her eyes as the sun continued it's glinting of the world around her. She could see the fish jumping out the water and a pod of dolphins racing each other as they dipped in and out of the ocean. The ocean itself was relaxed in it's playful waves that crashed against the rocks that she stood upon causing sea foam to form and mist to spray her as she stood motionless with only the breeze moving her skirts below. Oh to be a mermaid and join in the dolphin race or just bask in the glory of the ocean, but she was of the earth of the sand and soon she jumped off to sling her saddles into the air and land into hot moist sand and bury her toes in it.

Skype if you need me, doing hw

Sigh

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Lil had always heard of the beach but every chance she got was always stopped by some sort of job or delivery or such other. Still now she got to see beach and all sorts of beings from all different ways of life. She had stayed under the tall shady trees merely observing everyone.

It'd be cooler if she was in her were Hume form but she enjoyed being a cub more. Plus it enabled her to interact with others on the beach who also thought it peculiar to see a wolf cub on the beach instead of somewhere else. The water was calming and thankfully it wasn't super hot but it was comfortable laying in the sand.

Eventually she'd have to get some water or transform to have a fruit smoothie or something. Yet for the time being sued merely watch and relax.

Back in Habit

Unflappable
      Killing It

Cool

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Jas took a cab to the beach, and brought along a cooler full of water and beer (cans, of course, don't want glass on a beach). He was already in his trunks when he got into the cab, and took off his shirt upon arrival, tucking it into a backpack. He pulled his cooler out of the cab, paid the man with a $20, and made his way across the sand, his sandals flipping up little puffs of sand as they flopped.

Jas didn't see anyone he knew at a glance, but he also didn't scour the landscape.

I guess they're not here yet.

Shrugging, he laid out a towel and pulled a crappy beer out of the cooler, popped it, and took a swig. He twisted the can into the sand to make a sort of cupholder, and laid back on the towel to catch a few rays as he waited.

Gomen...

Crying

Country
      blank

Awards Showcase

AL Points

The edge of the tree line rippled.
      A wide, shapeless mass emerged from the shadows.
      After a moment of hesitation, it crept toward the beach visitors.

As the four-legged creature - if that's what it was - neared the waves, its back end stopped moving.
      A gruff voice, pitched just over the roar of distant surf, spoke out.

"That's far enough, Kate."

The front end surged forward, however, and for a moment the body seemed to rip in two.
      A long section tipped over then fell to the sand between the halves with a thump.

"Oh, don't be such a silly goose."

The detached front end resolved into a sandy-haired lady wearing a green-visored cap.
      A rainbow-striped towel draped over her shoulders and hung down past her knees.
      A jaunty ponytail swung across her back as she turned, tanned fist planted on ample hip.

"How do you expect to meet people if you stay back here?"

The remainder of the shape, now clearly just another beachgoer, wrapped a dark, violet towel around its torso.
      A large, floppy hat obscured everything above the shoulders.
      "Maybe I don't WANT to meet people."

Gomen...

Crying

Country
      blank

Awards Showcase

AL Points

[just this once, since it's super-casual, I'm gonna multi-post. Cause the 1 post was just too long.]

A chirpy giggle greeted floppy hat's remark.
      "Ridikkulus!"

Kate reached down with both hands to lift one end of the long fallen object.
      She knocked the sand off of it, and wrestled the whole thing to one towel-covered shoulder.
      After staggering a bit, she recovered and then strode away, towards the tiki hut.

Her voice trailed behind.
      "Whose idea was it to visit this beach anyways?"

"Mine..."
      The towel-wrapped figure shuffled forward.
      "You don't have to carry that all by yourself, you know."

"Well then, catch up and help me!"
      But she didn't slow down.

Reaching the tiki hut, Kate let her burden sink to the sand with a huff of relief, then smiled a friendly, if breathless, greeting at the bartender.
      She turned back to the person lagging behind.
      "The usual?"

On joining her in the scant shade beside the hut, her companion sighed heavily.
      He removed mirrored sunglasses, revealing salt-and-pepper eyebrows over pale blue eyes.
      His rather shaggy mustache and beard hid his lips, masking his expression.
      "Yeah, I guess."

"So charming, Dez. Watch out, or you'll be beating the girls off with a stick."

She turned back to the woman tending the bar.
      "A Shirley Temple and a Virgin Mary for my brother and me."

The woman acknowledged the order smoothly and began making the drinks.
      Kate noted with approval the lack of reaction to the non-alcoholic selections.
      She appreciated professionalism, even in a tiki-hut employee.

Gomen...

Crying

Country
      blank

Awards Showcase

AL Points

[last one. promise.]

Beside Kate, Dez took off the purple towel and dropped it onto the counter beside her.
      He scanned the beach from under the brim of his hat, then pointed.
      "I'll set up over there in that open space. You got my towel?"

"Yup. Be right there."
      She gave him a crisp nod, but her attention seemed to be on the bartender.

Still, Dez could feel her eyes on him as he heaved the bundle of canvas and poles to his own shoulder and walked away.
      He looked around at the surrounding people and blushed under his unkempt facial hair.
      His khaki shirt and pants might have been chosen to fade into the background,
      but here among all the bare skin and bright colors, the drab clothes just called attention to themselves.
      Even Kate's bright floral one-piece seemed to stand out by dint of its simple modesty.

If only he still felt brave enough not to care about the impression he made...
      He used to be more like his twin sister - brazen in her embrace of just living life.

He sighed as he began setting up the tiny shade tent.
      Probably this little excursion would be good for him.
      Maybe even good for them both.

For the millionth time, Dez wondered what had possessed him to suggest this trip, and then decided he didn't care.
      He almost looked forward to finding out what unpredictable event would happen next.

Almost.

AL Girl/CMC Head Moderator
      Dem deadlines be creepin up on me :P

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

*Splashes in the water*

"Haha! This is fun!!" said LikkleMel as she kicked the water around beneath her hooves.

She galloped around in the water, swishing her mane back and forth enjoying the sunshine. She stopped briefly to look around at the others around her and smiled then continued back to her own little world at sea.

Mischievous Kitsune
      *sigh*

Bemused

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Izzy sat at the Tiki Hut drinking fruity drinks and enjoying the nice breeze that wafted across the beach. Wearing a t-shirt and swim trunks as to feel comfortable around all the people.

"Pass me another drink Xander. "

The man behind the bar slid another glass towards the young blue haired woman with a nod and picked up the bills she laid out in front of him.
      Back in the Habit.

I might get clingy if you get wet...

Friendly

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

The two arriving at the small hut were squandered at the amount of people that were here. Sylvester and his daughter weren't the only ones to deem it necessary to grab something to stifle off the heat. "Dad you go first, I'll wait here. I want a lemonade or something else fruity, please?" Fidel looked at him apologetically. He shrugged it off and managed to find his way close to a blue haired girl, who seemed slight bit young for his age, but nowadays that was even tossed into the air.

"Ummm... Pardon me miss," Sylvester said making his way to the bar itself, "Sorry. Ummm Bartender, could I trouble you for a lemonade and water both on the rocks." Sylvester's words were heard as out of the blue came the drinks. Yet a familiar hand grabbed his daughters. "Geez child... Scare the dickens out of me." He was replied with a giggle.

"Sorry dad, just couldn't resist-" Fidel takes a sip of the drink and continues, "Scaring you, especially in front of such a pretty girl." Fidel giggles and looks at her, "What is your name miss?"
      (Brief Candle by One Eyed Doll) Sleeping beauty/ Thing of the past /Dreams like this weren't made to last/ Open my eyes to find a hand is shaking me/ Horror story/ Thing of the past/ Nightmares were not made to last/ Closing my eyes to find a true awakening// Brief candle; burn away/ I will die another day/ Goblins in my passageway/ Cannot keep this life at bay// War story/ Thing of the past/ Soldiers were not made to last/ Ears full of gunfire and eyes full of blood/ A casualty/ Love story/ Thing of the past/ Innocence was not made to last/ All that remains of him is a child inside of me// Brief candle; burn away/ I will die another day/ Goblins in my passageway/ Cannot keep this life at bay

Unflappable
      Killing It

Cool

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Jas didn't sleep, really, but he certainly wasn't awake. He drifted through half-sleep until he felt sand hit his leg, heralding someone's footstep. Opening his eyes, he looked up to see a man in khaki walking past with what appeared to Jas to be a pavillion tent.

There was still no sign of his friends, and he was getting bored. So he finished the beer he had in the sand and threw the aluminum vessel into a nearby trash can. Addressing the man who was now a few yards down the beach, he said, "You need a hand, big guy?"

Hearing no response, he started to move in the same direction and called out, much louder. "Do you need a hand, sir?"

Mischievous Kitsune
      *sigh*

Bemused

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Izumi nodded at the gentleman and his daughter as she took another sip of the drink Xander had supplied her with moments before the two walked up to the Tiki Hut. The small but had been there for as long as Izumi could remember, before ownership had passed to Xander it had been in the keeping of his father and his father before him, so on down the line it had traded hands. Izzy and Xander had grown up together. Both locals in the town that had sprang up mere miles from the crystalline waters of Azure Beach.

It was obvious to Izumi that the man and his daughter were tourists come for the yearly festival that the town hosted. Indeed, it was quite easy for anyone from the town to tell who the tourists were as the locals had long ago bronzed from the year round tropical weather and warm sunshine that the town enjoyed.

"Are you enjoying the festival, you and your daughter?" Izumi asked the man, her soft voice heavy with an accent.
      Back in the Habit.

Head Moderator
      There's magic inside my old silk hat

Innocent

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

These were the days she thought as she ran up a sand dune enjoying herself, but forgot about her toes feeling the ground when one of them hooked into the ground and she found herself falling forwards. Sprawling like a can with arms outward and legs she looked rather funny looking. As she dropped from a plane and landed on her face, she looked up spitting out sand from her mouth. Now her mouth felt rather sandy and she needed water, but ocean water was too salty it was as if mother nature was laughing at her miscue. Not to mention she felt sand in every part of her body, because when she fell it caused the top of the dune to fall over the top of her and half bury her in the sand. To think as a kid being buried in the sand was fun but as an adult yeah right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information