• Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz

is it worthy?

Hi people!

I'm veeeery late for this event (I literally discovered its existence some hours ago), because of that I'm having some trouble with the hotel, all the remaining hotels are pretty far and the price is pretty high (maybe the usual price for London?), I'm not from London so I would have to include travel (which have to be in train as I'm going after work and the bus take 5-7 hours!), food etc.... if I go I will probably spend around 400 pounds that weekend, my question for people with experience is: is it worthy?

I guess that someone with common sense would let it be but I'm really tempted...but I still have some common sense left to ask for opinions!

Re: is it worthy?

ide say it depends what you make of it if you go with a good atitude n make good freinds ide say its well worh it tho this event is on twice a year one in june/july the other in febuary (my expirence consists of going twice stayin in hostel both times n makin bout 6-7 new freinds each time gettin hammered n havin a good laughf both times

AL Girl/CMC Head Moderator
      Dem deadlines be creepin up on me :P

Friendly

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

I say it is very worthy! It'll be a great weekend and like @smileofamonster said staying in the hostel means meeting new friends, drinking happily and generally having a great time! Not to mention the events at the con itself and all the dealers and a great atmosphere

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

I think that it's worthy. It's an opportunity to relax and meet people with the same interests as you. You can get away from everything and have fun with the people around you. The friendships made can last for a long time too! It's just a lot of fun! However, I can understand why you're undecided. It will be quite expensive for you so bear in mind that it's not like bigger conventions such as mcm london comic con. It's a smaller, more relaxed and friendly environment. I hope this helps!

its not just the money but the time! I will only be able to enjoy Saturday, I will arrive Friday around 10 and still have to go to the hotel to do the check in so that day is kind of lost already and Sunday I have to come back , but sounds promising! I will check everything deeply today after work, thank you people!

Honestly if you are having doubts I don't see the point. 400 is a lot of money for something you aren't 100% sure about.

I would gladly expend that money for the experience, but yes, the sleep part is what will let me out of the fun, have to take one hour and a half of metro from the hotel to the event and only be able to really enjoy Saturday because of work will make me run too short of time for everything, lesson learnt! But I will be there for next events.

Yeah, if you won't get the time to enjoy the event, then I'd certainly consider giving it a miss and having an even better time the next one.
      We've got Alcon coming up at the end of August / start of September.

to hell with the hotels, I'm going, no idea of where I will sleep or if I will sleep at all but I will be there, thanks for the help people!

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

You're welcome. See you there and I hope you have a great time!

the destiny is a funny thing, I was convinced that I would have to sleep in the train station or something like that and end up renting room that is literally next to the gaming con (I just have to cross the street and walk 5 minutes) for 80 pounds (all the weekend), now I only have to worry about the fun!

Thread Information