Kawaii Princess
      Dead

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Pandora [OPEN] [MATURE]

OOC can be found here. Please post there first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alyara gazed upon the beautiful night sky as she laid in her hammock in the canopies high above. The other moons shone bright tonight and lit up the whole sky. It was a beautiful and breathtaking sight. She was excited to see the humans and their weird adaptations of her people tomorrow, they always surprised her and she found them most intriguing. She couldn't sleep, the excitement was building up inside of her and she couldn't contain it. She quietly got up from her hammock, trying her best not to wake the others as she climbed down from the canopy and on to the forest floor. She grabbed her bow and headed out of the safety of her clans home. She gracefully leaped through the unwinding roots of the trees, grabbing onto branches and swinging forward. There was a noise in the distance, she quickly stopped to listen, crouching down among the purple glow of the flowers, blending in perfectly. As the noise got louder she realized what it was, a Viperwolf, possibly more than one, they were never alone and always in packs.

As the pack of Viperwolves drew closer, Alyara stayed crouched, stealthily moving away. She watched as they passed her, she didn't want to cause any unnecessary harm to the animals. It would be an insult to Eywa, the Na'vi Goddess, if she killed them without the need to. As she backed up, she pressed her hands against the bark of a tree, closing her eyes before jumping up onto one of the branches and climbing up higher. Her mother would surely scold her when she finds out she is gone, but this didn't stop her, Alyara was happy being out here. As she reached the top of the tree she saw a weird looking machine in the distance, she had never seen this contraption before and it spiked at her inquisitive nature. She brought her fingers to her mouth and whistled, calling her mountain banshee. A few moments later a huge banshee flew above her, circling before descending down towards her.

"Good boy, Seze" She called out to the banshee, jumping on its back, connecting her tail with it. "Lets go!"

She stroked Seze's head before making them fly towards the weird machine, it didn't seem to be moving, it was stationary. As she got close she was in awe at the sheer size of it, circling above the machine she decided to take a closer look.

"Take me down" She whispered.

As soon as she spoke, Seze flew down to the ground, bringing her to a safe distance away from the machine. As they hit the ground she quickly dismounted, removing the connection from Seze. She stroked him, pressing her head against his, before letting him fly off, she watched as he disappeared into the night sky. There was voices up ahead which made Alyara focus her attention back on the location of the machine. She crouched down, moving slowly through the plants, not making a sound. As she got close she noticed two figures standing next to the machine, they were humans, inside their 'Spacesuits' or whatever they called them. She pressed herself up against a tree that was nearby, watching the humans attentively. They seemed to be discussing something, but she couldn't quite make out exactly what it was they were discussing, as her English wasn't perfect. She understood enough to have a brief or simple conversation with a human but that was basically it. They were speaking words she had never heard before which made her want to know what they were saying even more.

------------------------------------------------------

Idol Goddess
      Thrilling One Way! <3

Innocent

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Re: Pandora [OPEN] [MATURE]

Sh'tola was resting up in one of the many tree, her spear in her hand resting over her chest. She was looking up into the beautiful night sky. She normally did this and normally ended up falling asleep in the trees

"Such a nice night...", she said to herself, smiling

"(Trap in Dice) I want to start
      (Trap in Night) From a trap of love
      (Trap in Heart) While dancing, playing the roulette of life"

Banned
      Angry

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Alex walks the perimeter of the compound checking his regulator for a minute as he stands. he was trusting his life to a quartermaster and that was frankly a load of shit. a rhino like thing got too close to the compound so he took a warning shot, which surprisingly worked as the thing ran off.

"they don't build these damn fences nearly thick enough." he growled.

Idol Goddess
      Thrilling One Way! <3

Innocent

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Sh'tola then sat up as she had a thought

"I wonder what Alyara is up too...I haven't seen her for a while..."

She then stood up, holding her spear at her side

"Let's go and find her...."

Corana crept up behind Alyara covering her mouth. "Don't worry it is me."
      She had been following the princess ever since she had left her hammock. Corana loved the princess and her inquisitive and trusting nature but knew it was something that endangered her. Because of this Corana had always kept close track of where Alyara was and made sure she was always only one step away in case she ever needed Corana's protection. "You shouldn't get too close to that thing. I understand your interest in the humans but they aren't to be trusted Alyara, we don't know enough about them."
      It was true, they knew nothing about the humans. They just showed up one day as if it had always been. For this reason Corana found it hard to believe they were here with only good intentions. She knew they must be up to something. She had met a few of them since they had started appearing and her experiences with them had been mixed. Most of the time they had just been intrigued and tried to communicate with her which had been impossible since Corana hadn't learnt any of their language and humans seemed lazy when it came to learning the Na'vis natural tongue. But on one of the occasions they had tried to capture her. Since then she had decided not to trust them and considered them enemies. "I hear the humans are coming to meet us tomorrow anyway. Any ideas what they are planning?"

Skype if you need me, doing hw

Sigh

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Gauge usually was seen inside but today he was out in the elements in one of the suits that was necessary to be able to live and breath. While he didn't loath doing the field work he was always given a hard time with the new greener scientists or the marine soldier grunts who somehow was saddled in helping him and in retrospect actually always made collecting data and notetaking so much harder and longer than was really needed.

Yet today, he was lucky and happened to see one of the more beautiful Na'vi and had a feeling this particular being was important. For while he had seen many Na'vi around working and watching them, this one always seemed to have a guard or such nearby and not surrounded in a large group for say hunting or scouting much like the earth beings had. Another scientist was updating him on a few programs and how they were running but instead he watched the Na'vi from the corner of his eyes that was hiding near a tree.

(@YukiChan Semi made my character interact with yours.)

Back in Habit

Kawaii Princess
      Dead

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

As Alyara felt someone suddenly touch her from behind, covering her mouth, she panicked a little until she heard the familiar voice, she let out a sigh of relief as she pulled at Corana's hand to remove it from her mouth. She loved Corana but she really did annoy her at times, she was starting to sound exactly like her mother.

"I couldn't sleep.." She whispered to Corana. "The machine is beautiful, I want to see what it does."

Alyara started to edge a little closer, trying to hear what the humans were talking about, ignoring Corana's guidance.

"Humans are so amazing.."

As Corana asked her about the meeting with the humans tomorrow she turned around and smiled at her.

"I'm not sure.. mother wouldn't tell me the details. But I hope they bring their weird versions of our people with them."

Sigh

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

His patience finally thin Gauge held out a hand.

"That's enough for today. I'm sure just by reading the report will be the same. Your excused for now marine."

With a salute the marine left. "Yes sir, sorry." The marine soldier then headed back to the hangar for maintenance.

Once the marine was out of sight, Gauge flipped through the report in the cockpit part of the screen as he put his machine in idle mode. Forgetting to turn off all functions his microphone part was still active and he was talking to himself or so he thought but it was a mumbled voicing anyways.

"Progress was made and a meeting with some of the Na'vi will be held tomorrow. Huh, guess we'll really see what they think of us and if we're really a threat or not." Coughing a bit Gauge grimaced as an illness he had was starting to bother him.

"Damn thing better not act up tomorrow. It's highly inconvenient when it comes when it likes." It was then that his scanners picked up movement and the Na'vi he had seen earlier was drawing closer. Activating the machine he backed up a bit but didn't engage any weapons tone put online.

Back in Habit

Corana nodded as Alyara spoke of the meeting. It was rare for her mother to disclose information to Alyara of the humans, mostly for her own protection of course. Despite not trusting the humans Corana hoped for the best. If the meeting went peacefully and the Na'vi and humans could coexist it was the best case scenario for them. After all it would mean they could avoid any bloodshed and needless death. The Na'vi were trained warriors but battle wasn't something they seeked out, a harmonious life was a safe life.
      She gave Alyara a smile before looking back over to where the machine and the humans were. It was true, the machine was intriguing, something unlike anything found on Pandora. As she was admiring the machine she noticed one of the two stood around the machine disappear leaving just the one man stood by it. Wandering where the other had gone Corana climbed up the tree to get a better look but could not locate him. She climbed back down the tree towards Alyara but before she was on the ground Alyara began to make her way forward towards the human and machine. "Alyara, wait! What are you doing?" Her question being dismissed Corana decided to move towards them with Alyara in case she needed protection. She didn't wish to get too close to the machine or human but she knew that once Alyara had decided on something she could not be stopped. It appeared the two of them would be meeting with humans earlier than the anticipated meeting of tomorrow. Catching up to Alyara easily Corana shaked her head. "You should really learn to be more careful Alyara."

Idol Goddess
      Thrilling One Way! <3

Innocent

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Sh'tola looked on from above the trees, clearly seeing Alyara

"Well looks like she doesn't need me...", she said to herself, sighing

She then turned around and jumped through the trees

"Guess I'll find some other way to entertain myself...."

Kawaii Princess
      Dead

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

As Alyara moved closer she noticed one of the humans walk off, watching the other climb into the machine. She saw this as her chance to get even closer and picked up her pace, staying as low down as she could so she wasn't seen. The machine suddenly buzzed which shocked Alyara, causing her to stumble back, she stared at it for a little, it wasn't moving but seemed to be vibrating. She reached her hand out to touch it, slowly and cautiously, as her fingers lightly touched the machine she quickly brought her hand away, holding it with her other. It felt strange, cold and hard yet it seemed to be breathing. "What is this..?" She thought to herself, reaching her hand out to touch it once more. She jerked her head up, looking up at the machine as she heard a voice suddenly speak, it seemed to be saying something in English but she didn't know where it was coming from. She attempted to climb up the machine, she wanted to know where the voice was coming from and who it was. As she climbed she noticed a human male, sat inside the machine, she got closer and watched him.

Sigh

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Carefully Gauge shut down the machine to autopilot and unfastened himself. The machine had rocked a little bit from the Na'vis' own curiousity. Still he didn't get to ponder much before another coughing fit had him doubling over and reaching for one of his beige handkerchiefs showed spots of blood.

Damn it! I'm getting somewhere and this confounded disease is only hindering. Whoever said getting genes from both sets of parents would think twice about being lucky. You'd think I was doomed well before I was born or something. I'm getting quite a bit of field work done and a Na'vi is actually close and I have to go do my medicine regimens back in the lab. Great!

Scowling at the unfairness, Gauge managed to get a few shallow breathes. He looked at the beautiful Na'vi and couldn't help but smile and put his hand not holding the bloodied cloth to the machine window glass panel and wondered if it would even interact with him before he left. The coughing up spots of blood usually triggered other exhausting symptoms but he was reluctant to leave.

Back in Habit

Kawaii Princess
      Dead

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Alyara noticed the man inside was coughing quite a lot, she wondered if he was sick, she watched him curiously as he placed his hand on the window. Moving her hand up slowly she placed hers against it, mimicking his actions. She wished there wasn't a window between them, she so wished to touch the human. Suddenly a noise from another human shouting scared her, causing her to quickly jump back down from the machine, she looked around to see where the noise was coming from, she couldn't see any other human. She rushed back towards the trees, joining back with Corana, she knew it was probably time they both headed back, the lecture she would inevitably get from her mother awaiting her as she got back made her shudder, she looked at Corana.

"We should probably head back.." She then looked back towards the machine.

Unable to get the image of the man out of her head, she wanted to see him again, talk to him. As her and Corana swiftly made their way through the dense forest, they arrived safely back at camp and to a very angry Queen. As Alyara saw her mother she sighed and held her head down as she walked up to her.

"Corana, you let Alyara go out there?" The Queen yelled, her focus on Corana.

"No, it was not Corana!" Alyara yelled back at her mother, causing the other Na'vi to stir. "I went alone, Corana came to watch over me."

Sigh

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Gauge was amazed that the beautiful Na'vi put a hand upon to his. Still, the moment didn't last because some other grunt who had taken the previous guys place was yelling like a banshee and had startled the woman in retreating. Sighing he watched as she looked at him one last time before disappearing into the trees and was gone.

Then turning he saw said grunt trampling among the foliage making his way.

"I don't know who sent you grunt but I just relieved someone from duty and return to base. With you tromping around I'm not going to be getting much else done today. You may as well turn back around soldier and we return back to headquarters. Luckily I got work done before you came." Coughing a bit Gauge set his machine to return to headquarters since it was still on autopilot.

Back in Habit

As they got back to their clan and were ambushed by the queen Corana knelt before her as a sign of respect. "It was not my choice to make my queen. I merely followed Alyara to ensure her safety. She can not be faulted for being curious of the humans my queen, she is unaware of the danger that they could cause us."
      Corana grabbed Alyara's hand dragging her down to her knees with her. "We are sorry for causing you worry my queen, please do not punish the princess though. She means well."
      The queen looked at the two of them with discontent at first, her face slowly softening into a smile. "Please my daughter be more careful. If anything were to happen to you it would cause much bloodshed. Not only for our clan, but for the humans you are so intrigued by." As she finished lecturing her daughter she turned to face Corana, sternness returning to her face. "As for you Corana I expect more. I gave you instructions not to let her wonder out of the camp during night for her safety, see you ensure she does not do so in future."
      "Yes your highness" responded Corana, head bowed to the ground.
      "You may take your leave."
      With that both Corana and Alyara left the queens presence heading back towards Alyara's hammock. As she climbed into it Corana climbed into the hammock with her. Alyara looked confused by Corana as she put her arms around the princess. "What? I am not going to allow myself to get scolded by the queen again tonight, I am staying here with you to ensure you don't run off again." Alyara laughed as the two of them lay there under the starry skies. Tomorrow would hold many answers, or more questions depending on how the meeting turned out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information