Administrator
      I've got this.

Arty

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Accepting Fandom Panel/Workshop Applications - [Closes 1st July]

UPDATE: The deadline for applying for a panel/workshop is officially confirmed to be 1st July. So make sure to get them in before then.

We're all about the community, so we invite people to come and take some stage time and run an event or panel.

What's the typical content length and type?

- 25 minute panel/event is the typical we will provide, though for more involved we may allow 50 minutes.
      - You can do a panel or an event.
      - Panel/Talk: Talk about your interest or impart your knowledge to other attendees.
      - Event: Use your imagination. At Alcon we saw a Cosplay Courtroom, whereby cosplayers debated issues! All we ask is that it's not an event that Alcon is already running.

How Can I Apply?

Please fill in this form and reply in this topic -

Title of Activity:
      Event or Panel:
      Length Required (from min to max, be as flexible as possible):
      A Short Description:
      Previous Experience: (If you have previous experience at running an event or giving a talk, list it here, if not leave this blank)
      We look forward to seeing your submissions!
      ---

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Accepting Fandom Panel/Workshop Applications - [Closes 1st July]

Title of Activity: cosplay on a budget
      Event or Panel: panel
      Length Required (from min to max, be as flexible as possible): around an hour if possible
      A Short Description: I wanna share with people how to cosplay on a small budget either for those who are new to cosplay or who have cosplayed for a while but wanna know more

(reposted below because i kept changing this post oops)
      Last edited by Kawaiiju cosplay; 03-24-2017 at 11:46 AM. Reason: changed my mind oops

Oh? Egg hatching 25/8/2017

Happy

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Title of Activity: Alconamania 2 - Wrestling Panel
      Event or Panel: Panel
      Length Required (from min to max, be as flexible as possible): Around an hour
      A Short Description: Join the wonderfully weird wrestling minds of @Woofie and @akuserru as we delve into the wonderful nonsport that is professional wrestling, its connections to anime and the all-around madness, scheduled for one fall!
      Previous Experience: Helped host the Tokusatsu Panel in 2013 and the Alconamania panel at Alcon last year
        Spoiler:  
      I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour, too hot to handle and too cold to hold! Freak out, freak out, gonna take it to the limit, slam you down to Pacific Rim and then we'll snap into a Slim Jim, OOOOH YEAHHHH!!!

Attended events:
      Alcon 2009, Alcon 2011-2015, LAC Feb 2013, Download 2013, Winter LFCC 2013, LAGC Feb 2014, LAGC Feb 2015, Summer LFCC 2015

Upcoming:
      LAGC Feb 2016

TEAM WALT - Woofie, AssassinsCreedFan, Lollinya, ThaiNiTeddy - UNITE

Event or Panel: Fun with Voice Acting
      Length Required (from min to max, be as flexible as possible): 1 hour
      A Short Description: A gathering of guests reading sections from fan favourate movies in different voices while having a laugh.
      Previous Experience: I have attended the last 2 Alcons and conducted the same panel. Each ended up being very popular.
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | MY CAIMINDS PAGE
      "Don't let your dreams be dreams"

Title of Activity: Male to Female crossplay/genderbend
      Length Required (from min to max, be as flexible as possible): 10-15 mins
      A Short Description: A panel that looks into how male cosplayers can cosplay as female characters, as well as learn to create and adapt female cosplays,
      Cosplay is, and forever will be, Cool.
      Like my Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/cosplayiscool
      Subscribe: www.youtube.com/user/joshe2810

Title of Activity: Black Comedy in Manga from The Manga Forum Podcast
      Length Required (from min to max, be as flexible as possible): 30 mins to 50 mins
      A Short Description: An in depth discussion of black comedy manga, we'll focus on two or three examples, what we liked didn't like. Exploring the themes and comparison to other media. Suggestions and chat from the audience also! It will be a live recording.

www.twitch.tv/mangaforum

Look! It's a hill! And you've chosen to die on it!

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I sent an idea through email, will I have to put it in here as well?
      "The great Sydney Smith said heaven was eating foie gras to the sound of trumpets. You have redefined it as tossing Ewoks into lakes of methane."

almost all planed up and gettin stuff ready for alcon ;)

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Title of Activity: Final Fantasy XV: The Boy Band Edition
      Length Required (from min to max, be as flexible as possible): 20 - 30 Mins
      A Short Description: A Q&A panel where we roleplay the characters of Final Fantasy XV with possible Truth or Dare game with the audience.

(This is a re-post. I meant to edit the original post, but deleted it by accident. Stupid phone)

Title of Activity: Ladies and Gems: A Steven Universe panel.
      Event or Panel: Steven Universe panel.
      Length Required: 25 minutes to an hour.
      A Short Description: A panel about Steven Universe where we talk about the show, its influences on us and (if time allows) an in-character Q&A with various Steven Universe cosplayers.
      Previous Experience: None con-wise, but have done this sort of thing for school projects and such.

Arty

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Title of Activity: Cosplay Disasters
      Length Required (from min to max, be as flexible as possible): Half an hour to an hour, however did end up cutting people off last year in a half hour slot
      A Short Description: A discussion panel for people to share their cosplay disasters and for people to learn from others experiences
      Previous Experience: Ran this event at last years Alcon and at York GeekFest.

Title of Activity: Lip-Sync Battle
      Event or Panel: Event
      Length Required (from min to max, be as flexible as possible): 50mins
      A Short Description: Contestants put their lip sync skills and song knowledge to the test as they battle it out for the crown of ALCON Lip Sync Champion, hosted by Richard von Wild the Drag King who has been named "Lip sync Assassin"
      Previous Experience: Drag King/ Performer for 2 years Previously hosted panels at Alcon and LAGC. Also hosted a lip sync battle at MCM London Comic-con May 2016, which proved very popular.

And

Title of Activity: FTM Crossplay
      Length Required (from min to max, be as flexible as possible): 50minutes
      A Short Description: A panel for cosplayers looking to get into or know a little bit more about cosplaying male characters. It will be for all experience levels, talking about makeup, binding, beards, Packers and more!
      Previous Experience: Crossplayer for 3years+. I have run FTM Crossplay Panels at Alcon and LAGC.

Look! It's a hill! And you've chosen to die on it!

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Oni-91 View Post
      I sent an idea through email, will I have to put it in here as well?
      I haven't had a response to this so I might as well put one in. Better 'have it and not need it' than 'need it and not have it'.

Title of Activity: Gamers Under Pressure
      Event or Panel: Event
      Length Required (from min to max, be as flexible as possible): Ideally I'd like an hour (for as much participation as possible), but the format is lean enough to work in a 30-min slot if needs be.
      A Short Description: A video game gameshow in the same vein as Gamesmaster/Go 8bit, with tons of fast-paced classic game challenges in a show where anybody in the audience can win, if they've got the nerve...

Addendum: This should be really easy to set up (the only extra items I'd need are two PC game pads and a raffle ticket book, and two extra pairs of hands to help run it). I don't want to appear like I have ideas above my station, but I have imagined this to work best in the main stage, it's an idea that works better the more people are in it, and particularly if everybody's had a bit to drink.
      "The great Sydney Smith said heaven was eating foie gras to the sound of trumpets. You have redefined it as tossing Ewoks into lakes of methane."

Title of Activity: Animation 101

Length Required: 30 - 40 minutes

A Short Description: Animation 101 focusing on the key animation skills regarding some of the 12 steps of animation. Introduction to programs, referencing and general 'need to know'.

Previous Experience: I did animation at uni and have full time as a 3d generalist at a VR and AR company working in 2d and 3d animation for high end clients.

Administrator
      I've got this.

Arty

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Thanks for the applications so far, folks. Happy to say everyone on here is accepted - we'll be in touch after the deadline to confirm details.

Keep them coming!
      ---

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information