• zzzz

Administrator
      Roawr

Angry

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

How to Signup for Events/Activities at Bristol [Any Questions? Ask them here]

This year we have a new signup system for all our conventions, you now signup beforehand via the application forms linked below. Events without links you signup for on the day.

If you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask them in here.

There are three types of events -

1. Events that we recommend to Pre Signup For
      We highly recommend to signup beforehand to guarantee a spot and so we can make you aware of any issues.

- Cosplay Masquerade - Signup Here.
      - Cosplay Auction - Signup Here.
      - Talent Show - Signup Here (Highly Recommended as spots go fast)

2. Events that you Signup For on the Day
      You do not signup online beforehand for these events. Instead you signup on the day at least half an hour beforehand in the appropriate areas for the following -

- All Video Gaming Tournaments - Signup at Desk in VG Room.
      - All TCG Tournaments - Signup at Desk in TCG Room.

^ Note you can't just turn up to these events, you still need to signup for them.

3. Events that you can just turn up to
      The vast majority of our events you can just turn up to and not need to fill in any signup forms. If in doubt don't hesitate to ask our team.

- Workshops (Though some more popular workshops may require you to signup on the day beforehand - please go to the workshops room and ask if in doubt)
      - Dub That Anime
      - On Demand RPGs
      - Clan Battle Showdown
      - Karaoke - On Day (Just Turn up)
      - Big Geek Quiz - On Day
      - Big Geek Raffle
      - Guest Signing/Photography Sessions (May be queuing time)
      - ALL other stage events/talks/parties etc unless specifically stated beforehand

^ Even though you can just show up to take part, we still advise to arrive 10 minutes beforehand to avoid disappointment!

Re: How to Signup for Events/Activities at Bristol [Any Questions? Ask them here]

This will be my first con of any kind so I'm a bit anxious I may do something wrong or ask a stupid question but here goes. Can anyone cosplay and signup for the Masquerade and Auction or is it just for professionals? I was also curious what the rules are regarding props. Do any props/toys based off actually weapons need to be very clearly fake or are realistic looking weapons/props permitted at cons? Any other restrictions? Sorry if I've missed this info somewhere else.

Re: How to Signup for Events/Activities at Bristol [Any Questions? Ask them here]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadotaku View Post
      This will be my first con of any kind so I'm a bit anxious I may do something wrong or ask a stupid question but here goes. Can anyone cosplay and signup for the Masquerade and Auction or is it just for professionals? I was also curious what the rules are regarding props. Do any props/toys based off actually weapons need to be very clearly fake or are realistic looking weapons/props permitted at cons? Any other restrictions? Sorry if I've missed this info somewhere else.
      And in fact I did as I've now found it through the link on the application, my apologies.

Administrator
      Roawr

Angry

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Anyone can indeed signup, and yes all the info is in the signup links.

Not signup related but a quick question- who is going to be judging the masquerade? Thanks!

Thread Information