• Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Chlobo
      Doing me!

Arty

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: Shoujo City - anime dating sim (Android & iOS)

I would give this a go if there was a way to download this onto my windows phone. The art and graphics look so cute and the mechanics look really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
      I would give this a go if there was a way to download this onto my windows phone. The art and graphics look so cute and the mechanics look really interesting.
      While I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a Windows Phone version entirely, the chances that it will appear are extremely low, I'm afraid. WP share is very small compared to Android & iOS, so only big companies with large fanbase can afford to release their games on WP now. Sorry :/
      If you really want to check this game out, perhaps you can just borrow an iPhone or Android device from a friend/relative, since almost everybody have these now.
      Shoujo City - anime dating sim for Android & iOS

IIRC you can develop for windows phone using C#/Mono with Xamarin, and that will be portable.
      If not then it's not a big enough market for small devs to port to.

I redesigned the game website from a scratch using new artwork, and it looks a lot cuter now. ^^

Please check it out: http://laika.karou.jp

Recent updates (up to v.1.7.22/23):
      * 50 new dialogues for girls;
      * updated title screen;

More detailed info on updates, artwork, and development notes now can be found at http://twitter.com/shoujo_city

A new cool feature is added in version 1.7.24 - kissing mini-game. After some dates now you can try to ask a girl for a kiss. She will agree if you had a perfect date, and if she likes you. Otherwise asking for a kiss will decrease intimacy with that girl. Not asking for a kiss when the girl is expecting it will also decrease your score.

I'm curious, were things like the kissing mini-game part of your original design but you thought they'd be nice extras, or did you come up with the ideas later?

Quote Originally Posted by MissPurple View Post
      I'm curious, were things like the kissing mini-game part of your original design but you thought they'd be nice extras, or did you come up with the ideas later?
      Somewhere in between. I don't have a master plan with a list of all the features written on paper or something like that. It's more like a list of general concepts and ideas. But how exactly those ideas will look in the game is something I don't know in advance. The general concept for what now became the kissing mini-game was something like [additional interactions once in a while to denote progress in intimacy: holding hands, kissing, or something].

On a related note, I wanted to add a feature to sit with a girl on those benches scattered around the city. But still can't decide how they are supposed to interact after sitting down. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Laika Karou View Post
      holding hands
      ...lewd...

Updates in version 1.7.26:
      * 25 new dialogues for Laika.
      * updated title screen.
      * profiles of the girls in the main menu.

Recent updates (up to v.1.7.28):
      * a new location and game feature - cinema (located next to Sushi Cafe in the premium area). Now you can take a girl to watch a movie.
      * 20 new dialogues for Anette.
      * a new accessory item - red flower. Can be obtained for free from a bush in front of the school entrance.
      * redesign of the street area near the storage building.
      * best scores are now shown in the main menu.
      * quick access/map teleport now works during dates, too.

A new girl with yandere personality is added - Saori. If you date Saori, her jealousy towards other girls will grow day by day, resulting in her going insane and attacking them. To avoid that, make sure her jealousy level is as low as possible by the end of each day.

Chlobo
      Doing me!

Arty

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I love Yumi and Anette's design.

Updates in version 1.8.1:
      * 15 new dialogues for Yumi.
      * a new location and a new dating spot - classroom (school 1st floor).
      * a new accessory item - maple leaf (can be picked under the tree near the Sushi Cafe).

Shoujo City is back. ^^

For several months I have been working on a new version, completely remaking the game - this time in full 3D and with much better graphics and design. Check the video to see the first preview of the new version. Also, now I have a new website for the project - http://shoujocity.com and will post there regular updates on current development progress for everybody interested.

Feel free to post your ideas of what you would like to see in the new game. Now I have much more freedom in implementing new features and ideas. One of them is clothes, cosplay, and character customization - it was really difficult to implement using sprites due to amount of work to draw all the sprites from different angles. This feature is fully implemented already in the 3D version.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information