• Sad
  • Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

If your'e waiting for a reply from me please tell me!

Friendly

Country
      Uae
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

The Royals: Origins

Long ago, in the planet of Asuran, on the isles of Estelle, there was a village called Greil. Greil was a simple village, made of a few families that formed a strong community that helped one another. Their lives were simple, concerned only with farming and harvesting as well as other simple and common trades. They weren't a threat to anyone, and nobody was a threat to them. That is...until today. A large army came from isles far away, they call them the Isles of Carn. The army had arrived by sea, and the simple villagers thought that these men came in peace, but they did not. The armored warriors slaughtered the poor people of Greil, murdering families without showing mercy to anyone, even the children and elderly. The village was wiped clean, destroyed, and people were slaughtered like animals.

Only a handful were left in the carnage, four to be exact. Four souls who have been spared not by luck, but by destiny herself. These four will be chosen to be The Royals, chosen of fates and future rulers of the Isles of Carn. Who are these people? What are their names? And what did they do before the attack on Greil? This is their story...and it begins right here...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there everyone! Welcome to The Royals: Origins!

This story is where we will be Rping the journey that the four original rulers of the Carn Isles had to go through. All of these four are originally from Greil, no getting away from that. How did they survive the slaughter? Thats completely up to you. Was your character hiding? Left under rubble? Was off hunting and came after the whole thing? You are free to pick! There is a catch however.

In the story, these main four characters will need to represent their royal signs. Spades, the sign of warriors and those who excel in the usage of weapons. Hearts, those who are healers by nature, not fighters. Clubs, people attuned with animals and have their senses and strengths. And finally...Diamonds, people attuned to magic and the different elements of it.

If you choose a specific sign for your character, then you will have to make sure to commit to the kind of power or ability he or she gets. If your are a clubs, you can talk to animals, shape shift, maybe even get animals to help you fight. If you are a heart, you can heal allies, but at the same time cause detrimental attributes to enemies.

Your characters do not have their abilities at the beginning, remember, they are simpletons from a village called Greil. They will obtain they powers soon after the beginning, but at first...they will be really normal people. Think of it as a fantasy RP where everything starts after the heroes gain their powers!

More than four people are allowed into the RP, but they will not have the abilities of the chosen four or their strengths. They will be simple people with ordinary skills such as tracking, first aid, sailing, hunting, etc.

In order to sign up for the RP, please check out the OOC Thread

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The screams stopped a while ago, but the sound of clanging metal was still there. He had heard women, children, elders, and even animals call our for their lives before they were ripped from them. Greil never stood a chance before this army of men clad in metal, nobody did. Tito had never seen anything like it. The fire...the destruction...the killing...it was like a story they were told to scare them from doing something wrong. Only it happened right in front of their eyes, and no matter how many times the child closed his eyes it just wouldn't go away. It was really cold and dark when the voices stopped, including the sound of metal, so the child got out of his hiding place with wide and scared eyes. He slowly emerged from beneath the bridge and looked around to see the carnage. The smell was horrible, and he had to run towards the river in order to throw up. Tears shimmered in his eyes, and it took him a while before getting back up and making his way to the upper side of the bridge. Everything was gone, it was like a horrible wind came and plowed down the place. His eyes searched for a familiar face, but all the ones he recognized lay on the ground with their eyes opened.

Slowly, he made his way to the other side of the bridge where his grandmother's house would be...or was. After passing dead bodies composed of the villagers only, he reached the other side of the small bridge to find his home leveled down just like the rest of the village. With tears in his eyes, Tito ran to the remnants of his grandmother's house and looked for her. He tried to move the large pieces at first, but wasn't strong enough. Instead he began moving the smaller pieces in an attempt to find her. "Granny! Granny! Gra-", said the kid before he fell backwards, the heavy weight of a board tipping him off balance. The tears reached his cheeks, but the kid continued in his attempt to find his grandmother.

Like to RP? Join The Royals: Origins

Teddy will die a very painful death

Country
      Uae
      AL Points

Re: The Royals: Origins

John pushed himself out from under his fathers corpse. At some point during the chaos John lost consiosnous. When he cam to, the screams and shouts had stopped and John had soiled his breaches. John walked like a ghost for a while, wandering slowly, his blank expresion looking at the horrors around him while his legs took him somewhere.

"Dead...they are all dead. Thats Milt, he used to love fishing in the pond but now he doesnt even have an arm to fish with. Thats Josephine...all the kids had a crush on her she was the prettiest girl in the village...where are her clothes??" John couldn't help but remember every person he saw, but in his memories even though they were walking around and smiling, they were mutilated.

After a walk through the ruins of his old home, John reached his house. The only reason he knew it was his house was because of the animal skins laying on the floor. John searched the rubble and found a change of clothes to wear instead of his soiled rags. He would have bathed in the lake if it wasn't full of corpses. John then sat on a broken log that he thought used to be a beam on the roof and contemplated what to do next.
      "I am like the 7/11 im not always doing business but im always open for customers"

JOIN THE KAZE-HOOD:SALVATION THROUGH DAMNATION

The Fiery One!
      Burnt out!

Achy

Country
      Cyprus
      AL Points

He would hear weeping, a heavy, hoarse sound of someone who had lost their voice and used up all their tears. "John?" Her voice croaked "John!" the girl from his village ran over to the boy, clean streaks only where her tears had wiped lines on her freckled cheeks, a bloody plough clutched in the hands of the farmer's daughter "John! Your parents, where are they?" She demanded, he must have been saved by the hunter! Maybe he was still alive, could look after them, because Pryo was lost and didn't know what to do.

She had been wandering about the village, limping along with the tool in her hands, the mutilated sight of her parents in their burned down kitchen was enough to paralyse her but instead she ran, looking for anyone that might take the bloodied thing from her hands and protect her. She found no one, just more corpses, just Josephine with the same bruises on her ankle as there were on Pryo's.

This was hell, she had died and gone to hell, what had she done to deserve this?

Love to role play? Join The Immortals Love art? Join Art Play Love videogames? Join the Gamer's Guild

Country
      Uae
      AL Points

John was lost in his own mind, thinking about nothing in particular. At times he remembered the old days, at times he thought of trying to wake up from this nightmare, hell, he even thought of taking his own life and ending it. Throughout his travels in the deepest abyss of his psyche there was this sound in the background calling out to him. John raised his head and saw the source of the hoarse noise. It was a banshee, he thought. After all banshees were attracted to death and nobody survived the raid on his village. The tall pile of limbs came towards him and he didn't move; it wasn't till he realized that under the soot, dirt and messy black mane there were freckles that he realized she was a human. Not just any human, it was Pryo the farmers daughter.

Jack's red eyes welled up again as she approached him asking about his father and he felt his breathing being cut short as the words struggled to escape his lips "Dead...everyone is dead." with those words realization finally dawned upon him: He was alone. John's father wouldn't take care of him, neither would anyone in the village take him in. Pryo was just as big of a mess as he is if not more. That was when he understood what he had to do.

John stood up, cutting his escaping sob down to size. He needed strength right now. It wouldn't do any good for both of them to start crying, he would do that in private at some point in the future. John walked over to Pryo and put his hand on the bloody plough. "I looked they are all dead." John surprised himself in how monotone his voice was; how empty his attempts at bravery were...hell he was one push away from sobbing again. John decided then and there that the best course of action was to leave...his father used to take him to a nearby village to trade in furs there, ya that would be good. "What about you did you find anyone??"
      "I am like the 7/11 im not always doing business but im always open for customers"

The Fiery One!
      Burnt out!

Achy

Country
      Cyprus
      AL Points

She covered her mouth as she made another sound of anguish, hoarse throat barely able to vocalise that pain any longer as she had already expended all of her body's tears. Everyone was dead. Pryo hadn't wanted to believe it, it was why she had not already left the village and instead haunted all her friends' corpses.

John spoke and she shook her head. The hunter! she'd thought, The hunter would have survived for sure! He could show us what to do next! But he was dead, they were all dead! The girl would have shouted the words out had her throat been capable of it, but as things stood it was all she could to to tearlessly cry.

Mouth covered by one sooty hand, the other held the plough, and Pryo's whole body shook in the effort of her crying. She was a girl, one who had just lost everyone and everything, there was not an ounce of shame in her for her crying now. The girl became hysteric, inconsolable, if John had wanted to walk away and leave her then there was likely very little that Pryo could do about it, a fact that was evident as the farmer's daughter gasped desperately for air.

Love to role play? Join The Immortals Love art? Join Art Play Love videogames? Join the Gamer's Guild

Friendly

Country
      Uae
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

His body tensed as Tito heard voices of people conversing, probably quite a distance away but...he thought all the armored men were gone. The voices were familiar though, both quite recognizable since the village was basically a few dozen people. Standing on his tip toes, Tito didn't see anything. He walked slowly toward the two voices, eyes red from crying, and he gasped at the sight of John and Pryo. "Huh! John! Pryo!", he said with a childish and hoarse voice before running to the female and embracing her leg. "I...I...I...", he said while crying and sobbing, his nose bubbling. "I thought I was alone! But then I heard your voices and...and my grandma's dead!", he continued, still crying. John would've probably hidden just like Tito, his father was the village hunter after all wasn't he? Pryo however, why wasn't she killed? Did nobody want to kill her just like nobody wanted to marry her? It made sense in his head so the young child ticked it off as correct information. After crying his heart out, he pulled away and wiped away whatever came out of his nose with his long sleeves, not really caring about hygiene at the moment.

"I'm sorry I cried, I just...I just...I want my grandma...", he said while looking at the ground, his face sulky and disappointed. They were all alone now, just the three of them, with the oldest being a seventeen year old who had barely left the farm. At least they had John right? He knew how to hunt...and stuff...or so the kid thought.

Geeky

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

The peace and solitude of the small mountain that overlooked the village several miles away was a quaint sight, and it was
      the only thing Millennium liked about his village. Here was his quiet place, an isolated area for an isolated man. Here was
      a place he could vent out his frustrations, be somewhere no one would judge him, and be away from the nagging and
      pressure of his parents, as well as the stupidity of the yokels.

He laid against the only tree on this mountain and looked up to the clear blue sky, wondering to himself if he would always
      be the way he was. Being frail made him a target of ridicule by the other children, and he hated them for it. Forced to
      learn so that his parents could become great again was trying, but he didn't mind the education. Being smart, even smarter
      than nearly everyone in the village meant he had something over them. They may have had the better bodies, but he
      had the better mind. And in his studies, he learned that cunning, intellect, charisma, everything in the mind was what
      dictated battles and power, not muscles.

Still, that wasn't important right now. Right now, was his moment of zen. As he closed his eyes and emptied his thoughts
      to ease himself, he heard a peculiar flapping. He had studied all there was to know about the local wildlife, but this flapping
      of the wings was very different from anything he'd ever heard. As he opened his eyes slowly, assuming it was perhaps an
      injured bird, they quickly opened instantly, and he was shocked by what he saw.

There in front of him was a Quetzacotl, an extremely rare bird, and capable of wielding thunder magic. It's entire body was
      a bright jade-color, with feathers so streamlined onto its body, it made it appear as if the bird had skin instead of feathers.
      It had several single feathers that stretched from its head down to its body, the same for its tail feathers and the tips of its
      wings. He slowly sat up so as not only not to startle it, but also not to incur its wrath. He slowly pulled from his pack a
      sketch book, and decided then and there to test his art skills. To his surprise, the Quetzacotl locked its eyes onto him, and
      even displayed itself, as if it knew what he was doing. Millennium noted the peculiar behavior, but ignored it and continued
      to draw to his heart's content.

In an hour's time, he finished his work. He was proud of it, and turned it over to the bird to show it. It made a pleasant
      "coo" sound and then took off abruptly.

"I guess it liked it", Millennium said with a smile.

It was about mid-afternoon, and Millennium decided to go back to town. As he crossed the bridge to get there, he noticed
      that the ground was heavy with tracks and other footprints, along with trails. His mind raced and he remembered that
      these are the tracks of a platoon of soldiers, but why were they here? He cautiously made his way back, only to find that
      the town he so hated was completely devastated. Buildings on fire, bodies lying everywhere, no doubt the tracks that
      he saw indeed led to the village, and because he was on the mountain, he was sparred.

"Mother...father!"

He ran to his home, his eyes showing him all the tragedies of war, tragedies that he had only read about in books. To see
      the bodies, their faces in horror and fear, to see the homes and voices of good nature replaced with the sounds and smells
      of burning flesh and wood disgusted him. He finally found his home, only to see nothing left. It had been completely burned
      down to the ground. He dropped to his knees, wondering what would become of him now?

Country
      Uae
      AL Points

John never felt as uncertain in his entire life, little did he know this was just the beggining. The hunter's child had to be the voice of reason. He had to take care of a tall gangly farm girl, who probably knows more about cooking potatoes than life on the road, and a socially challenged child. he had to get these two out of here, his father lost his life fighting for these people and John would be damned if his father's death was in vain.

John put a hand on the back of Tito's and Pryo's head like his dad used to do to him when he wanted to hold every bit of his attention. "Listen to me you two. We are the only ones left, now we can sit here and cry till the wolves come and eat us along with the corpses." That was a lie, but he needed to motivate them. "Or we can grab what we can and go to the next village over. Once we get there my father's friends will help us." John wished he could ball up with these two and weep, but he couldn't. So instead he gave them his best fake winning smile and nudged there heads forward just a slight bit. "Are you with me??"

Friendly

Country
      Uae
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Tito felt a reassuring hand on the back of his head and looked up to see John's confident face. Well, the most confident out of all their faces anyway. The young kid talked about their options, and it suddenly put everything in perspective. They weren't going to accomplish anything by staying here, and it shocked Tito to know that he was actually planning to do just that. He was willing to sit there and wait for help...but what kind of attitude was that? Young as he may be, he understood the necessity of getting out of Greil and looking for a safe place. His determination to survive was bolstered when a plan began to form, a trip to a village where someone could help them and probably even take care of them. "You're right John, count me in", said the short child enthusiastically. He waited for Pryo's reaction, turning to look at her and see what she thought of this new found plan. As soon as the girl said her piece, the air around them seemed to grow lighter...and the stench that surround them dissipated somehow. Looking around, Tito felt confused as to why there was this sudden change in the air.

Without a warning, the ground beneath him glowed, and he let out a gasp of shock before backing away. The shape beneath him was a heart, red, and until shock registered, the glow dissipated slowly and transformed into a card. Beneath John was a black tree of sorts, and beneath Pryo was a black Spearhead of sorts. The other two glowing signs also transformed into cards of their own. Each card had a sign on it, Heart, Spade, and Club. For a moment, the cards stood still, motionless, but Tito tried touching one of the cards, it flew away quickly. He let out another gasp of shock and began to ask without looking at the others, "What are they?".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, a red diamond shone brightly beneath Millennium, its light almost blinding before it got softer, eventually dissipating. Whatever particles dissipated formed a card in front of the young man, a card with a diamond on it. It seemed to pulse, some sort of power emanating from it, and it eventually began to move slowly. The card didn't move too far away from him, it wanted him to follow. Slowly, it made it's way to the other cards, and the other chosen. The other cards seemed to acknowledge it and began to make their way towards it as well. Eventually they all met, forming a square, bringing the chosen together. There was silence from the cards, a stillness, they waited until the place around them was completely quiet before a sound resonated from each. It was like multiple people speaking at once.

"On the Isles of Carn, is one with might
      Only those of Greil may halt his plight
      A kingdom of one, shall soon become four
      To each chosen a kingdom, and nothing more
      Heed these words, and listen to thy might
      It is as the fates wish, it is in this prophet's sight"

With that, the cards shone brightly, transforming into different weapons. The card of heart transformed into a staff, and the light beneath Tito returned and somehow filled him with stamina...strength...something foreign he had never felt before. The staff slowly floated towards him before falling into one of his palms. He held it with shock, not remembering a single word from what was said, and not understanding a single thing from what has happened. He looked up at the others, confusion filling his face.

The Fiery One!
      Burnt out!

Achy

Country
      Cyprus
      AL Points

Pryo had tried hugging Tito, not really able to calm her self down until the little boy had showed up and she had to fight her own sorrow for him, she felt like the hunter's son's hand on her head was condescending. Though Pryo's breath was short and hickupey, but Pryo managed to stop her tearless crying. John and Tito were much younger than Pryo, she had looked after them once or twice for their families, the people of the village had been close. So she was not about to abandon these boys or be a burden on them, Pryo would have to stand tall like she had for her father. "I'm fine." She huffed to John tiredly "Let's go."

Before either of the three young people could move however the ground began to shake, Pryo barely keeping her footing stable before a light shone through the ground at her feet. Was that, a spade? It looked like one of the tools they used on the farm...

Tito tried to touch his symbol and it moved away, taking the form of a card, and Pryo was able to forget all of the pain around her for a moment. She heard a voice, voices actually, and with a blinding curtain of black she felt wind rush against her. Her pale blue eyes could not see through the darkness that only affected her, but once the curtain was drawn away Pryo found the plough that had been in her hand transformed, in the place of it a pristine spear.

The soil was washed from her face and skin, her soot-matted hair washed by the gust of wind that had been against her, Pryo was completely invigorated. "What?" She experimentally twisted the spear in her hands, holding her spear like she would have held a garden spade rather than a weapon, unaware that her card had also bestowed her some light armour.

'Might of your hand, might of your heart,'

This time Pryo was startled by the voice that emanated from seemingly nowhere, letting out a mild "Eep!" of alarm

'The strength that you feel is only a start.
      Though you were a beggar who stood in the shade,
      A hero is made from the light of the Spade.

Pryo breathed. Looked about at the boys beside her, "Did you, did either of you two hear that?" She asked, voice barely above a whisper, like someone was there to hear them.

Country
      Uae
      AL Points

Finally Pryo and Tito calmed down. Pryo seemed to have some determination in her eyes which would take a huge weight off of John's shoulder. John took his hand away and was about to suggest they start taking any supplies they can when the three lights showed up. John saw the simbol of a small three leafed clover hovering before his eyes, muttering what seemed like a prophecy, but when he touched it the light engulfed him.

John's clothes started changed from the cloth rags to a leather Jerkin and pants. The light itself changed into a tatoo that embedded itself onto his shoulder. He looked at himself completley in awe when he realized he was on his knees. John looked up still confounded when he saw he was eye to eye with a white dire wolf.

"Hello hunter cub"

John was speechless. The wolf's voice wasn't something he heard, more something he "thought"??

"This is our pact hunter cub." "P-p-pact??" the dire wolf placed it's paws on Johns shoulder and nuzzled his forehead. John felt pain within within him as his bones cracked and morphed. Even his mouth turned into a snout. When the transformation was complete John was turned into a man wolf standing on two legs with dark brown fur.

Fear started to grip him, was he to be a monster for the rest of his life?? "You need only to will it." It was the dire wolf "We will meet again."

The chamber of light started to fill with darkness closing in on the wolf "No wait" Atleast thats what John tried to say but his growls were of no consequense when he returned to the town with both Pryo and Tito wearing different clothes and holding weapons. "Did they see me??" Thought John to himself??

"Did you hear that??" Asked Pryo

"They didnt thank the gods" thought John, then he said out loud "It was a prophecy about the island of carn." John thought for a bit "This is big...something happened to us and we need to understand it, but not now not here. I have a feeling these lights are not done with us"

Geeky

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Millennium sat there for a few minutes, his thought a mess of emotions and confusion. He had long hated this town and hated his parents. But never in his wildest
      dreams, or even in his thoughts, did he ever imagine the village would be attacked, much less destroyed. He couldn't understand it, why would an army attack his
      village? This wasn't the act of mercenaries or bandits. Their numbers were too big, and seeing the devastation around him, the weapons and numbers they'd need
      to level this village so quickly far exceeded what any bandit or merc group was capable of.

But no he had a bigger problem, what would he do with himself now? He had no connection to the rest of his family, nor did he know where to find them. All he had
      was his journal, a walking stick, the clothes on his body, and a water skin. Not an ounce of coin or anything of value. such was the life of one who was poor.

As Millennium was thinking to himself, he was suddenly distracted by a bright light appearing above him. He could barely look at it, its light far too bright for
      his eves, but slowly it dissipated until he could look upon it. When it did, he nervously gazed up and saw a floating card with the symbol of a red diamond.
      The card seemed to pulse a peculiar kind of energy that millennium had never seen before. Emanating from this card was magic, something that Millennium
      had only read in stories, but never did he think he would ever see it for himself.

The card lowered itself slowly to him, but Millennium shrinked back, unsure as to what it would do. It floated in front of him, doing nothing, and little by little,
      Millennium began to convince himself that this thing was no danger to him. It then would move forward and backward, slightly tilting in a given direction,
      imploring him to follow it. It didn't take long for him to pick up on its signal, and although not fully convinced it wasn't a threat, what other choice did he have?

As he followed it, he finally saw other survivors, but then he was surprised that anyone could have given how thorough this army was. Before he could ask
      them anything, such as what these other cards were, why did they have them, what had happened, anything, the silence triggered the cards to speak :

"On the Isles of Carn, is one with might
      Only those of Greil may halt his plight
      A kingdom of one, shall soon become four
      To each chosen a kingdom, and nothing more
      Heed these words, and listen to thy might
      It is as the fates wish, it is in this prophet's sight"

After the cards spoke and vanished, Millennium looked down to find that his staff had changed. No longer was it a simple wooden stick, but
      now it was a beautifully intricate staff, with various symbols and engravings of magic. He could scarcely believe his eyes, as he saw written
      words floating above his eyes, appearing and then disappearing like smoke in the wind,

"Magic. Power to create. Power to destroy. Like a diamond your magic will be beautiful and unbreakable, but will the man who wields it be the same?"

"Fascinating," he said, completely ignoring what was happening to the others.

Friendly

Country
      Uae
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Tito's eyes widened when he saw that Pryo was now wearing armor that looked expensive and classy as hell! They probably wouldn't be able to afford such a thing if they worked their whole lives! He turned to John and also noticed the new clothes, not as cool as Pryo's but still nice. His eyes wandered to his own clothing, and he felt his heart sink. Why didn't he get new clothes? It was then that the girl asked if they heard the prophecy, which Tito did. The kid nodded and listened intently to John, also feeling that this was the beginning of something big. He still thought about the dead people of Greil and felt a pang of guilt. They couldn't bury all these people, they had to leave them in such a state. It was a hard choice, but one they had to take. Walking slowly towards John and then facing the other two with them, Tito nodded. "I know I'm just a kid...but I feel the same way. Its like these items we have connect us with the lights. I don't feel so good about leaving everyone like this but...if John thinks we'll be safer in that other village then I trust him", said the kid with determination. He was too young to be calling shots or traveling on his own, so for now he needed to follow the others and do what he can to help. "I'll go get some stuff we can take with us on the road!", he said enthusiastically before starting a run towards the caravans, stopping next to Millennium for a moment. "I'm glad you're alive too Mill!", said Tito before running off to the destroyed stalls.

He found multiple bags, most burnt, but two were decent enough to use. He set down his staff and began to put items they might need inside the bags, including fruits that were saved from destruction by being placed in boxes. There were also two sets of sleeping beds that he found, which he took and placed in one of the bags. The leather water skins were in good condition, so he grabbed one for each of them and filled them up by the river. He knew the market like the back of his hand, so all of this was extremely easy to do. When he carried the first backpack, he almost fell, but remained stable with the use of his staff. He dragged the second bag to the others and propped it in front of them. "I can carry one!", he announced gleefully, spinning and falling on his back, his legs and arms thrashing in the air in an attempt to restore balance.

Country
      Uae
      AL Points

John smiled as Tito ran off to gather supplies. Just a second ago John was ready to break apart and now here is Tito, young and anti-social as he is, doing the best he can to keep it together. John saw Tito pass by Millennium, the town's artist, and walked over to him. "Hey Mill, glad to see you are safe." John then looked at the staff Millennium was holding and realized that he must have got a card as well. "Welcome to the club." he said pointing at his shoulder "Come on we need to get out of here before nightfall."

John went ahead to the smoking cabin and grabbed some smoked meat he and his dad used to keep for winter. He gathered what he could and grabbed his bow and a quiver of arrows, wouldn't do to hunt with his teeth once they hit the road. The thought made John wonder about the transformation. He hesitated for a while before deciding now was a good time as any to figure if it was a lucid dream or a reality that he saw. With a bit of concentration John's bones started breaking and reforming just like in the dream. The pain was unbearable but he couldn't scream; even his throat and mouth were changing. Before long a beast was standing instead of the boy, power and strength coursed through his veins, the blood lust he was feeling was something else. He could rip apart hundreds of soldiers and still go for more. But still,.Even though he was half beast half man, he still retained his mind. John decided he took long enough and started changing back into his human form, but when he was done he felt weak and powerless. John shivered and said out loud "Is this what an opium addict feels like??"

When John got back with the food and his bow and arrows Tito was just coming back. He dropped a bag and said "I can carry one." But it was obvious it was too heavy for him as he fell over so John decided to spare Tito's ego. "Of course you can, but I need you to focus on keeping a lookout." Said John as he placed his bag of meats inside the bag that Tito brought, "The woods are very dangerous and I need you to be my eyes and ears. Deal??" With that John picked up one of the bags over his shoulder and said "Well, I guess this is where our story begins."

The Fiery One!
      Burnt out!

Achy

Country
      Cyprus
      AL Points

"It was a prophecy about the island of Carn... This is big, something's happened to us and we need to understand it, but not now not here. I have a feeling these lights are not done with us" Came John's words and it made Pryo think he was behaving too mature for his age, not like the John she was used to, was this the work of the cards? How much had she herself changed she wondered. As she thought the other two boys spoke "I know I'm just a kid...but I feel the same way. Its like these items we have connect us with the lights. I don't feel so good about leaving everyone like this but...if John thinks we'll be safer in that other village then I trust him" Fair enough, the two of them agreed so why should Pryo argue? The armoured woman felt horrible enough in her new, strange attire, she didn't want to be made more awkward by arguing, and why should she? John had made a good point...

"Fascinating," sounded a new voice and Pryo turned her head to gaze at, awh crap, it was that snob Millenium. Pryo said nothing, but her bitter thoughts sounded Out of all the good folks in our village who was killed why did he have ta be spared? She could feel the guilt rising up in her, but had it been one of their fathers or the blacksmith or hell even Pryo's delicate mother, any of those people would have been a grateful sight and could have taken charge of the young boys, but as it was Pryo still felt like she needed to protect the others, because what was a bookworm like Mill going to contribute?

"I'll go get some stuff we can take with us on the road!"
      , Tito said enthusiastically before starting a run towards the caravans, Pryo taking the chance to say "Ah- I'll come with ya!" stopping only to give John a look telling him to be safe and only frowning uncomfortably as she and Tito passed Millenium, not stopping to say hello. The little Tito worked fast in finding two bags that were in good condition. Well, maybe usable was a better word to describe them than "good", but the bags would suit their purpose. Pryo didn't help much with packing supplies, mostly the woman just kept an eye out clutching her spear worriedly. What if those horrible men came back? She wanted to quickly leave that mark on her ankle where she was grabbed was a good reminder of how close she'd come to joining Josephine in that pile of women and torn clothes, Pryo didn't want that.

Swallowing hard, it was decided that it was better to talk than to think, "Golly lots'a the fruit was left behind huh!" Pryo commented as Tito filled the two bags, the boy being so charming and helpful, Pryo grabbing the three waterskins from him once he had filled each by the river so that the little kid would only have to carry one. "Ah wonder why the soldiers didn't take em..." The tanned and freckled girl frowned. This was the fruit her and her family as well as the other farmers had toiled to grow, it was all their village ever did, why would the soldiers go through the trouble of burning everything up and not even take the food the villagers grew? The farmer's daughter didn't understand.

As well as the three waterskins Pryo also took the bigger backpack so that Tito wouldn't have to, it wouldn't do to drag something on the ground when it was already in such poor condition after all. She would have liked to take the other bag from him too, but with the spear in one hand and the three skins in the other Pryo's hands were full, and she sure wasn't gona be droppin' the spade she got from her Pa!

But Tito was clearly struggling, it was obvious enough as they returned to the others and he gleefully fell on his back. He looks like ah tipped up turtle! Pryo thought and flexed her armoured shoulders somewhat under the weight of the heavyer bag, it didn't feel heavy really so was it that Tito was weak? She didn't remember being that strong... Either way it was fortunate that the hunter's kid John thought of a subtle way to take the bag Tito had brought, placing some meats inside of it and taking it from the young boy. "Of course you can, but I need you to focus on keeping a lookout." he said "The woods are very dangerous and I need you to be my eyes and ears. Deal?" It was quite nice of him, Pryo handed a waterskin to each John and Mill before ruffling Tito's hair just a little "Thanks for findin' us alla this food Tito." The tanned woman said kindly, smiling warmly to the boy even under all her worried freckles.

With that there was nothing left to say, her own waterskin tied at her hip (Boy that was ah nice belt!) and the one bag of supplies on her shoulders, she turned for the forest and the worn path to the village John spoke of. "Alrigh', guess we better get goin' " The armoured woman said, with a worried frown taking the first steps out of her sacked village, willing to walk ahead and act as a shield for the two younger boys she'd known so well "Come on Mill." She added with a waved gauntlet, well there was no use leaving the man behind was there?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information