Starfield (Xbox) releasing tomorrow! (Discussion thread)

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 31 Aug 2023, 13:16

Or next Wednesday when it comes on Game Pass?

The early access Premium edition's out tomorrow, I have it preordered from Amazon, the irony is it'd be cheaper on thegamecollection.net, but the last 2 games I ordered from them were faulty.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Are you getting Starfield (Xbox exclusive) tomorrow?

Post by LilMissLarBear » 31 Aug 2023, 14:22

I know my dad wants to get it, and he probably will as he's getting his friends on it too. I told him it has a No Mans Sky look to it sort of which I like a lot. If my laptop can hold up then for sure I will see about getting it

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 31 Aug 2023, 14:25

richardallen1976 wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 13:16

The early access Premium edition's out tomorrow, I have it preordered from Amazon, the irony is it'd be cheaper on thegamecollection.net, but the last 2 games I ordered from them were faulty.

Actually, it would be ideal to turn this thread into a more general Starfield topic. Other people on here may be playing it also and it will allow others to share screenshots and discussions about the game overall! If its fine with you I would be happy to change the title of the thread so we can get more discussion out of it :)

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 31 Aug 2023, 14:26

LilMissLarBear wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 14:25
richardallen1976 wrote:

Actually, would it would be ideal to turn this thread into a more general Starfield topic. Other people on here may be playing it also and it will allow others to share screenshots and discussions about the game overall! If its fine with you I would be happy to change the title of the thread so we can get more discussion out of it :)

Fair enough.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 31 Aug 2023, 14:32

richardallen1976 wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 14:26
LilMissLarBear wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 14:25
richardallen1976 wrote:

Actually, would it would be ideal to turn this thread into a more general Starfield topic. Other people on here may be playing it also and it will allow others to share screenshots and discussions about the game overall! If its fine with you I would be happy to change the title of the thread so we can get more discussion out of it :)

Fair enough.

Cheers! Adding Starfield is actually a really good shout, nice catch! Just wanted it to be more than just the question of who is gonna get the game, I have a feeling this is going to be quite popular

Lauren
VG mod

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 31 Aug 2023, 21:49

calling it now, this game is gonna bomb

bethesda's shown they can't be trusted with IPs

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 31 Aug 2023, 22:30

What kind of made me laugh the other day was when my dad compared the gameplay demo or whatever to a cross between Skyrim and No Man's Sky. And now come to think about it, it's funny that there's people probably to this day still screaming for a new Skyrim game and the closest we could potentially get to one it this thing right here XD

Like ummm... Where's the new Skyrim Bethesda? We are waiting :sweatdrop: (this is a joke apparently a new Elder Scrolls is actually happening we can rest easy)

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 01 Sep 2023, 09:29

I've just downloaded my Premium and started playing it, it's pretty cool but confusing?

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 01 Sep 2023, 11:52

I spotted my dad playing it before I went off to volunteering idk if it's just me but the dialogue and being able to pick your response is giving me Mass Effect vibes :sweatdrop: just with camera angle when someone is talking in a one on one conversation

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 13 Sep 2023, 21:04

I'm loving this so far.

I spent most of last week trying to get past the very first part, until I figured it out yesterday :D

And then I got to the first planet, right up to a bit where
  Spoiler:  
I kept getting killed by giant Crab things

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 13 Sep 2023, 21:24

I didn't realize that if you have more than one save file that it keeps the last used game difficulty. My dad let me start a new game and for the first 30 mins or so I just played it on the hardest difficulty without me knowing lol. For a while I thought why I was using so much ammo and why did it take ages to kill pirates until I finally checked the difficulty XD I set it back to normal and changed it back ready for when my dad wanted to play again

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 18 Sep 2023, 11:43

My dad has already finished the game that's insane XD it looks like there is so much to do I'm just winging it at this point

Lauren
VG mod

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 19 Sep 2023, 08:57

Isn't the main story very short? I've heard from friends its like 7 hours if you're going casual. Haven't played the game myself, didn't buy into it cause I don't trust Todd to make a passable game as long as he can re-release Skyrim 12 times a year and well from what I hear the game is up to his usual standard...

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 19 Sep 2023, 10:22

ummm... when I asked my dad he said its about 30 hours for main story but much much more hours if you are doing side quests. Thing is I tend to do side quests along with the main story for most games so I can guarantee that my level is up to par so I know it wont take me 30 hours lol. And oh dont worry in classic Besthesda style there are bugs and I found some great ones- mostly during dialogue. My fave has got to be Sarah twerking in my face when I was talking to another person

Lauren
VG mod