• Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Content

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Re: Entrance Hall Check-In - Come Here to ask Questions and get your Forum Guides!

Name and Age: Luke - 19
      Who/What Brought Me Here: Google-rino
      Hobbies/Interests: Anime, Asia, Asian cinema, Photography, Archery, Games (mmorpgs, moba's, indie, fps, others).
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: I've started to self teach myself how to make Jewellery like Silver rings, necklaces, etc
      Do you Want a Guide: Erm, maybe im kinda shy person so would help

Hat MkII done!

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Re: Entrance Hall Check-In - Come Here to ask Questions and get your Forum Guides!

Hi @Anrelia , welcome to AL!

God bless Google-rino, hehe.

Wow. Quite the list of interests there, I definitely recommend the anime & manga section and video games area. However, given your like of Photography and that you're creating jewellery, I definitely recommend the Creative Arts section. Our very own @Ioreth also creates jewellery, she has a thread in there that you might find interesting.

A guide should drop you a message shortly, if they haven't already.

I note you're in the UK, mind if I ask what region? We do a bunch of meetups across the country. I too am rather shy, took me quite a bit of courage to go to that first meet, but once I was there, after te initial "ummm... how do I talk to people... aaaaa!" I met some great people and indeed friends. Completely eradicated my feelings of nervousness for going to cons & meets. I think it's because most everyone there was in the same position at some point at varying degrees, so hit's much easier to mingle than it would be otherwise.

A great place to make friends online before any meetups/cons, or just to test the waters, so to speak, is also the journals.

Hope to see you around the boards.

Content

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Thanks man @Dragoonus , i'll have a dig around in the area's you have mentioned.
      Im from bedfordshire in a small place called Biggleswade, its very close to Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire, so its nice

Hat MkII done!

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Cool, I think we used to have a client down that end. I only recall it because we also had a member of staff with the nickname Biggles.

Anyhow, I think most of the meetups around your area would get sucked into a London meetup. But, there is one of those on the 14th if you're interested. The London ones tends to be the bigger meets, but the ones I've been to are really fun. >LINK<

Name and Age: Emily, 24
      Who/What Brought Me Here: A couple of people I know are in here, and I was invited to join ^^
      Hobbies/Interests: Anime & Manga, some video games, art, and I'm trying to get better at Weiss Schwartz
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: I either am very very focused or just a terrible procrastinator, haha.
      Do you Want a Guide: If I need any help I'll be sure to ask!

Tee hee

Innocent

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Rawr!!! (OWO) im Sammi first of all im 13yrs old.
      i like anime/manga ever since i was 8yrs old. my first was Dragon Ball Z ^.^

i like kawaii figures and jewerly.
      my hobbies are listening to music, drawing, sleeping,reading.
      i play video games like Tekken Reveloution or Tomb raider.
      my ps3 username is: xxsceneBVBxx
      i also listen to heavy metal like Bring me the horizon, black veil brides, pierce the veil, sleeping with sirens.

im not emo -.-
      but rather ME!!! /(0W0)/)

no guide

Hat MkII done!

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hi @star-shoot , welcome to AL!

I see you already found the journals ^_^

I had to google Weiss Schwawrtz, but it looks kinda fun. I do think I've seen it around before, though. specifically the Nisemonotogri (sp?) ones.

Well, I recommend all anime fans to the Anime & Manga section, so I'll do that with you too For your gaming needs there's the Video Gaming section and Creative Arts should feed your artistic desires. Any particular type of art you're into?

I have a similar thing, I get very focused on something, then after a time I just get bored, leave it half finished until it eventually grates on me and I get really focused on it again. Lots of things just don't end getting done too, mind.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Hat MkII done!

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hi @XxKawaii_dInOsAuRXx , congratulations on finding AL!

Everyone likes kawaii things! I'm glad that spans across the generations.

What sorts of things do you draw? I'm sure the people of Creative Arts would love to see what you can do.

A gamer too, huh? Then I also recommend the Video Gaming section!

I hope you enjoy your stay, and if you do anything, don't be afraid to ask!

Name and Age: Lukasz, of 22 years.
      Who/What Brought Me Here: Facebook brought me here, via London Anime and Gaming Con.
      Hobbies/Interests: My hobbies include listening to music (I have an ecletic taste, though I'm currently listening to Plentakill), reading books (partly through the Dresden Files and the Casca series), watching movies (Edge of Tomorrow was so much fun!), writing (no major publication but I've worked with Spartan Games and FASA Games), playing computer games (going through Assassin's Creed IV and Ace Combat Infinity), playing roleplaying games (currently games mastering a Black Crusade game), playing card games (got a good selection of MtG cards and have recently looked into L5R), LARP (which is basically combat cosplay ^_^), anime (been rewatching Ah My Goddess!, and RWBY is quite animesque...) and manga (last thing I read was All You Need Is Kill). I suppose that's enough of a summary for a greeting post
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: Hmmm, nothing to really say here. Pretty much a background character that is the story of life
      Do you Want a Guide: Uh...no? Not sure what a guide is meant for to be honest....
      Hell hath no fury like an author unreviewed.

My Cosplay Thread

Mecha Pirate Leader
      Join the Mecha Pirates for LAGC!!!!

Awesome

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Hello and Welcome.

Well I would suggest you go check out Cosplay center, but I can saw you have already done that haha.

It's awesome that you play Black crusade, Which book do you like the most and are you looking forward to tome of decay? I like Tome of excess, but i think tome of decay is going to rival it.
      In every world, once you die, you're gone. - Kayaba Akihiko

Be team sexy. We don't live forever, we're not super powerful, we're not anything special... But damn it, people are constantly thrusting their loins at us! - Timlah
      Planned Cosplays: SAO vampire, Shunsui Kyoraku, Marshall lee, Gwaihir, Sayaka Miki, Snake
      Completed Cosplays: Okabe Rintarou, Crona

Tome of Excess was hit and miss with Social Combat rules (I tend to have players who enjoy RP without mechanics getting too much in the way), but the new minion rules were hilarious to exploit. Granted no group of mine has made it that far yet. Tome of Decay I want because I'm an Iron Warrior at heart, and the rules for making your own deamon engines sound too cool! I play a heck lotta RPGs and am always on the lookout for more groups. Mostly via Roll20 though
      Hell hath no fury like an author unreviewed.

My Cosplay Thread

Mecha Pirate Leader
      Join the Mecha Pirates for LAGC!!!!

Awesome

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Hydriatus Yeah I found them to get in the way a lot and I did not use them much, I just loved the Pirate prince and giving him most of the armory, so many willpower tests haha. I like the look of decay because of the fact you can bind a daemon into yourself sounds very fun.

If you want to talk more just PM me so we don't clog up the hall
      In every world, once you die, you're gone. - Kayaba Akihiko

Be team sexy. We don't live forever, we're not super powerful, we're not anything special... But damn it, people are constantly thrusting their loins at us! - Timlah
      Planned Cosplays: SAO vampire, Shunsui Kyoraku, Marshall lee, Gwaihir, Sayaka Miki, Snake
      Completed Cosplays: Okabe Rintarou, Crona

WHATEVER IT'S 2009

Bitey

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Name and Age: Sian 23
      Who/What Brought Me Here: Signing up to London Anime & Gaming con
      Hobbies/Interests: Book, Art, Tv/ films... loads really
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: hum the fact i can't think of something to say really must speak volumes, but i'm sure i have some
      Do you Want a Guide: I may need one

Name and age: Pete 24
      Who/what brought me here: the internet and a enjoyment of manga
      Bobbie/Interests: films, books, manga, cars/engines, manga, and travelling
      Interesting facts about myself: Ummm I have no soul (half ginge) my ribcage goes under my hips and I have no remaining nose bone due to being accident prone!
      Do you want a guide: Might be handy

Hat MkII done!

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
      Name and Age: Sian 23
      Who/What Brought Me Here: Signing up to London Anime & Gaming con
      Hobbies/Interests: Book, Art, Tv/ films... loads really
      Interesting Facts about Myself!: hum the fact i can't think of something to say really must speak volumes, but i'm sure i have some
      Do you Want a Guide: I may need one
      Hi @Deadman , welcome to AL!

Looking forward to LAGC? If you're looking to join one of the clans there, I hear the Monster Pirates are amazing!

I definitely recommend looking up the anime & manga section.

What region of the UK are you from? There's a couple of meetups before LAGC if you're interested.

If you need anything, give me a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallic View Post
      Name and age: Pete 24
      Who/what brought me here: the internet and a enjoyment of manga
      Bobbie/Interests: films, books, manga, cars/engines, manga, and travelling
      Interesting facts about myself: Ummm I have no soul (half ginge) my ribcage goes under my hips and I have no remaining nose bone due to being accident prone!
      Do you want a guide: Might be handy
      Welcome to AL, @Hallic .

A manga fan, eh? Well, I'll also point you in the direction of the anime & manga section then.

What sorts of places have you travelled too? Never been much of a traveller myself, but then I easily feel uncomfortable around people I've never met.

We have a couple of other car nuts, @Should Have Bought A V8 , for one. While we don't really have a specific section for it, you might find someone with similar interests in the journals.

Should you need anything, feel free to drop me a PM.

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information