Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Clan Nation Newcomers and Leader's Guidebook

Clan Nation Newcomer's and Leaders Guidebook

In an effort to help simplify Clan Nation, all of the information you will ever need will be available here! Please read the following for the options we have available for those new to AL and CN and for new and old Clan Leaders alike (red text are links).

- [COLOR=#add8e6]Newcomers Guide:[/COLOR] New to AL and/or Clan Nation? This is the starting position for you! We know our large section amongst the forums can be quite confusing without the proper guidance, so we'd like to offer you the help you need here! In this area, you will find our simple rules, instructions for joining and leaving a clan as well a list of our staff as well as Frequently Asked Questions.

- Clan Leaders Guide: Looking to start your own clan? Already a leader and want to make some changes and requests for your clan? This area has just what you need to maintain an efficient clan. In this area, you can find the information on properly starting up your new clan, our clan ranking system, and how to form an alliance with another clan or sponsorship with an AL section.

- Questions? Concerns? Requests? Along with having much of the information explained above, we are also here to answer any questions you may have. Is some of the information not making any sense? Do you have a question that isn't addressed in anything found below? Is there something you need us to do for your clan? We can help with all of that and so much more! Just post here with your clan requests and Clan Nation related questions and we'll help you to the best of our ability!

- Want to get involved? Do you particularly enjoy Clan Nation and want to help the staff with many different tasks and activities? You can! We have two assistant schemes that may be of interest to you. You can find them here and here. Please be aware that you need to be an assistant to join our schemes. Not an assistant? No problem! You can sign-up to be one here!

- Clan Nation's Mission:
      ClanNation: A unique community bringing people with common interests together to create new friendships, share their passions, and most of all have fun, all while supporting activity throughout the other AL forums.

- Clan Nation's Slogan:
      Unity Through Diversity: Join The Revolution
      Last edited by PharaohAtem; 03-26-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Head Moderator
      You can take all my snow and make more snowmans then there a

Crazy

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Re: Clan Nation Newcomers and Leader's Guidebook

ClanNation Newcomer's Guide

ClanNation Rules
      While we are a large forum, we do not come with the extra burden of having to follow many other rules. Since we are apart of AnimeLeague, you will be expected to follow General AL Rules. If you have not read them already, you can find them here. Along with standard AL rules, we ask that you please limit how many clans you join. The following two rules for the number of clans you may have include any accounts you may have. So if you have a second account on here, the number of clans you have will need to add up the clans for each and ensure they follow these criteria:

1. If you are a regular member, you are allowed to be in a total of any clan you want.
      2. If you are an assistant or a staff member, you are only allowed to be in a total of any clan you want.

Joining & Leaving a Clan
      So you've either found a clan that interests you or decided you don't want to be in a certain clan anymore - how do you go about adding or leaving a clan? Below you will find two ways to do both.

Joining a Clan

1. At the top of the forum, underneath the AL Banner, you will find a "Groups" tab. Clicking on this will result in four other options appearing. If you click "Join a Clan", you will be taken to a new window with the list of clans you are currently in (this will not appear if you aren't in a clan) and clans available for you to join. To the left, you'll see the clans name as well as a link to their clan thread that contains more information about them. In the center, you'll see a list of its leaders and to the far right, you'll see a button followed by "Join Group". To join the clan(s) you wish to be in, click the button and scroll down and click the "Join Group" button on the bottom right.
      2. In the "Join a Clan" area, there was a link their clan thread that contains all of the information about the clan and what they aim to do. If you choose not to use the first method, you can simply post in their clan thread that you would like to join. A CN moderator will then add you to that clan once they see your post.

Leaving a Clan

1. Going back to the top of the forum: Groups -> Join a Clan. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button next to "Leave Group" located on the right side of the screen and scroll down a bit more to select "Leave Group" button in the lower right of the screen.
      2. The other, longer process is by PMing a CN moderator with your request to leave a clan. PMing the Clan Leader will not help with leaving a clan since they do not have the right permissions or access to do so.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
      Q: Why would I want to join a clan?
      A: Clans are a great way to make new friends with similar interests. With each clan designed to either cater to a certain interest (like Video Gaming, a particular Anime, location, etc.) or just a place where you can chill out and talk about whatever is interesting or relevant at the time.

Q: What clans are there available for me to join?
      A: We have a TON of clans available for you to be apart of and you can find a nice, concise list of all of them once you go to the top of the forum and click "Groups" - > "Join a Clan". This page will have a list of all the clans, their leaders and a link to their clan information page where you can learn about what that clan offers and ask questions on anything in their thread (or anything not in their thread).

Q: I can't find anything that interests me, can I make my own clan?
      A: Absolutely! Below this post, you will find ALL of the information you will need on how to create a clan of your own. If you have a question about creating a clan that isn't in that area, you can post in this thread with that question and a CN moderator will have an answer for you within 48 hours of your post.

Q: I noticed you also have a groups section along with a clan section - what's the difference?
      A: The groups section of our forums cater to a smaller demographic on the forums. For instance, some of the groups we have on the forums will have a smaller number of individuals within them. In a clan, you will have a larger group of people. Because clans are typically larger than groups, they have a forum set-up that caters to their size. Being on the forum gives more options and provides a cleaner, more organized view of all of the topics available. If a group were to be the size of a clan and have the activity of a clan, then things would be jumbled and certain key information important to those groups would get lost.

Q: I currently have a group that I've made and would like to make it a clan, can this be done? How can I go about doing this?
      A: Absolutely! If your group has the basal amount of members needed to be a clan, it can be done. We have included a nice precise guide in the following post to allow you to accomplish this transition as easily and smoothly as possible. If you have additional questions not addressed in this guide, please post in this thread with those questions and a CN moderator will be with you within a 48 hour period.
      Last edited by PharaohAtem; 09-26-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Head Moderator

Crazy

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

ClanNation Leader's Guide

Clan Creation
      Creating a clan is a simple process that can be done in three simple steps. These steps are provided below. If there is something you don't understand, please look in the "Further Information" section that could have more information on the subject, if the information you are looking for is not present, please post in this thread with your questions.

1. Brainstorm & Type-up! All clans start in the brainstorming phase where, while you're navigating the forum or just our clan list, you notice that there isn't a clan specific to a certain group or fandom (this is important - do not make a clan that is the same to another we already have). You notice that there are many people who would fit into this clan rather easily, so you decide to create a clan to cater to these individuals. By now, you'll have an idea of the events you can have and the topics you can create. All of that will go into your sign-up thread. You're more than welcome to look at other sign-up threads to get an idea of how you want to structure your thread to grab the attention of our members. Once you have your thread all set-up, it's ready to be posted in the ClanNation Community Forum!
      2. Recruitment. Before your idea becomes a full-fledged clan, you will need to gain 10 members first. While this isn't a difficult number to achieve, you may need to get the word out in various ways by using some social networks (our AL facebook page would be a nice start), your own AL Journal, creating signature banners to put into your signature - and others who are signed up - as well as PMing those you know are willing to join. Please be aware that PMing individuals who are already in their maximum amount of clans (as described in the earlier post) so that they'll leave one of their current clans for yours is called "Member Poaching", this is not something CN condones or supports. If the member CHOOSES, on their own, to leave a clan of theirs for yours, that's fine. But asking them to leave one for yours isn't.
      3. Applying for your Clan. Once you have at least 10 members, you can fill out the form below and post it in this thread to become a clan. Our of your 10 members, you may also choose one or two leaders to run the clan WITH you (so that's 3 leaders in total). These leaders will help organize events, discuss various aspects of your clan (such as issues with activity or how to get more involved with CN) with the CN staff and generally be ACTIVE members of your clan. These people will generally be "moderators" of the clan, so choose people you trust with your clan. Once you post your form out accordingly, your clan will be made within 48 hours.

• Application
          Clan Name:
          Leaders: (2-4 people; include profile links please)
          Members: (+10 including leaders; include profile links please)
          Link to sign-up thread:
          Clan Goal: (Must be clear and concise)
          Clan forum Publicly viewable Or Private: (One or the other. More information is given below in "Clan Privacy")

Clan Privacy
      Some clans are more sensitive in nature and will want their forum to be closed so that people who are not members of the clan can not see the various topics and discussions being made within the clan. Clans that require a certain age restriction (18+) are suggested to be closed clans. If you choose to have your clan as Publicly Viewable, you are allowing all registered members and guests who view the forum to see into your clan, if they choose to. Please note that even when your clan is deemed as a Private or Closed, all CN moderators, Head Moderators and Admins can view your clan. It is rare that a Hmod or Admin will venture into your clans forum regularly unless they are notified of an issue or rule breaking that needs their attention.

Transitioning from a Group to a Clan
      If your group is getting too large for its standard group setting and you're ready to become a clan, the process is similar to that found with making a clan from scratch, but you will find that it won't take as long.

1. Type-Up Your Clan Thread. Just like you're starting from scratch, except you already know what your clan is aiming to do (since it's been around as a group). All you need to do is make a simple type-up of the various events and activities you will run (or continue to run) in your new clan.
      2. Notify Group Members. Since you will need at least 10 members, you will need to PM or notify your group members in some way that they will need to let you know if they're willing to stay apart of the group in its transition to being a clan. All you need to do is compile a list!
      3. Apply! Once you have the list of your group members that will stay with the clan, you'll just need to fill out and post the following form in this thread to become a clan!

• Application
          Clan Name:
          Leaders: (2-4 people; include profile links please)
          Members: (+10 including leaders; include profile links please)
          Link to sign-up thread:
          Clan Goal: (Must be clear and concise)
          Clan forum Publicly viewable Or Private: (One or the other. More information is given below in "Clan Privacy")

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
      Q: What sort of permissions do Clan Leaders have? Can they do everything a regular moderator can?
      A: While Clan Leaders will have many of the same permissions standard/regular Moderators of AL have, they will not have access to the Mod CP as their permissions are restricted to their clan forum only. All clan leaders will be able to move threads out of their sub-forum into the CN Archives, can lock or sticky threads and can delete posts and threads. Clan Leaders, however, do NOT have the authority to give out official warnings. They can only hand out unofficial warnings.

Q: I have spotted a rule breaking within my clan, what do I do?
      A: If you are a regular member of your clan, report the rule breaking to both the CN staff and to all of your Clan Leaders. If you are a clan leader, you can split the topic and/or posts that are breaking the rules to the CN archives and hand out an unofficial warning to those who break the forum-wide rules. When you give out a warning, you will then be required to notify the CN staff of this official warning. Failure to notify the CN staff will nullify the unofficial warning given to the member.

Q: My clan is having an issue with activity, what do we do?
      A: After you have spoken with your clan leaders about the activity and have tried to boost activity in your clan on your own by creating various threads, asking for help from your members or any other method that just hasn't worked, you can PM any member of the CN mod team and ask for help. In this PM, let them know what you have done that has failed, some theories as to why your clan isn't working, etc. This will give the moderator enough information to go on and help pin-point where the issue is and how they can help you to fix that issue. This moderator (or other moderators, if your clan needs it) will be with your clan throughout the process to ensure the success of the revival of your clan or until a decision is made on what to do if activity doesn't improve.

Q: My clan wishes to get more involved in Clan Nation, how do we go about doing that?
      A: If your clan is willing to help CN, we have a few ways in which you can do so! You can have some of your members sign-up as assistants and for the CN schemes to help promote activity and its retention of new members. You can also PM the CN staff and discuss the possibility of helping to create an event that will be run throughout CN. If joining a scheme or helping to create an event aren't areas you're interested in, you can PM the CN staff and ask about other ways in which you can help the section. You never know, we may have other things up our sleeves!

Last edited by Nethack; 01-02-2013 at 10:38 AM.

*sigh*

Sigh

Country
      USA
      Array
      Credits

Clan Name: The Wild Grove
      Leaders: @Koru , @Dazreiello
      Members:
      @Koru
      @Dazreiello
      @Grim Reaper 1613
      @Vampire King Duzell
      @Bender
      @Goddess in Chains
      @Kitty ScissorPaws
      @Kairi Nunjutsu
      @KillyLillyz
      @Kadaverous
      @I Heart Chaos

Link to sign-up thread: http://www.animeleague.net/forum/sho...Grove-Sign-ups
      Clan Goal: Haven for furries to share and enjoy fiction, art, roleplay, and discussion.
      Clan forum Publicly viewable Or Private: Private
      Join the Wild Grove! A clan for Furries and their fans! || Love Roleplay and creating manga? DBZ/DBGT? Join the Saiyan Armada!

My DeviantArt Page

I'm female, damn it! > . <

Administrator
      In sad times, we ALers will support one another.

Cool

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

^ All set up @Koru
      Somewhere deep inside the wheel of fate is turning~
        Spoiler:  
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWouAkiNliA

In this world there is no black and white,
      I'm told that there will never be a wrong or right,
      But is that true?
      Should I believe that because others do?

Somewhere deep inside the wheel of fate is turning,
      Slowly but surely discerning,
      I feel something rare,
      And I'm becoming aware

(In this world there is no black and white,
      I'm told that there will never be a wrong or right,
      But is that true?
      Should I believe that because others do?)

What's this passion burning?
      Tell me, what's this yearning
      For the truth I know I'm meant to find

Cause in my mind
      I can't help feeling that this time it's mine

No one else can do it
      Somehow I'll pursue it
      I won't go the easy way around
      And I won't stop
      Until the truth's finally found...

The Doctor

Cool

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Clan name: Skyline City

Clan leaders: @Nethack , @Accused

Members:
      @Nethack
      @Accused
      @sacred dragon
      @Lady Quincatula
      @IIWhyII
      @Rukia
      @Noodle
      @Moonlit Memories
      @PrincessLUV
      @Ahri
      @Aeaka
      @CharlotteCarrendar
      @Nyx_Tsuki

Link to sign up thread of awesomeness: http://www.animeleague.net/forum/sho...w-for-everyone!

Clan goals: RP based clan where all rps take place somewhere within Skyline City. We are here to invoke all the fun times of general RP, hangout rp, battles and much more. We want to bring attention back to the RP world and help beginner RPers to better their skills.

@PharaohAtem @Ivory @Rukia @Pirate Timelord @Ferefire
      Last edited by Nethack; 10-03-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Head Moderator

Crazy

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

I'll go set it up now for you

The Doctor

Cool

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Thanks PA <3

Also can i get you to add CharlotteCarrendar to our clan leaders please? @PharaohAtem
      Last edited by Nethack; 10-05-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Head Moderator

Crazy

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

All set now

The Doctor

Cool

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Thanks PA your awesome!

Head Moderator

Crazy

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

No problemo

Assistant
      I can ride my bike with no handlebars

Cocky

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Clan Name: Flan Nation
      Leaders: @Aeri Flan @Noodle Flan @_fluXy Flan
      Members: @Aeri Flan @Noodle Flan @_fluXy Flan @CarueTheDuck @Goldeh Flan-ge @Marona @Story Flan @Stacey Flan @Tazxi Flan @Moji Flan
      Link to sign-up thread: http://www.animeleague.net/forum/sho...n-up-Thread%29
      Clan Goal: We are a fun loving clan that is looking to bring laughter, activity, and joy across the AL boards. And we will strive to bring flan to every section of AL. Join our ranks and be apart of a revolution to restore love and happiness with laughter as our weapon.

Head Moderator

Crazy

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

@Aeri Flan ill do this first thing in the morning since I'm mobile and I need a computer to do this.

The Doctor

Cool

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

@PharaohAtem can i get @Aeaka added as clan leader of Skyline City please?

Head Moderator

Crazy

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

All Done

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast