Turbo Revvin Young Punk
      Friendly

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Re: Menu-Bar Changes & Q&A on AL Changes

Okay, so the worst part of the banner has been axed, but the core issue remains with the cheesy mascots. Why do we need these? Is there any proof they create a positive brand identity? If so, what kind of people respond positively to that? We've already ditched the asinine panda, can't we just move on from having mascots entirely? No cheesy mascots reflects the average user age (18-25) a lot better.

9/11 Never Forget

Administrator
      Onward!

Cool

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage View Post
      Okay, so the worst part of the banner has been axed, but the core issue remains with the cheesy mascots. Why do we need these? Is there any proof they create a positive brand identity? If so, what kind of people respond positively to that? We've already ditched the asinine panda, can't we just move on from having mascots entirely? No cheesy mascots reflects the average user age (18-25) a lot better.
      We don't have surveys, but they seem to work quite well. Most events we sell getting on 200 t-shirts with the mascots on them and the reception is generally positive with people continually buying more shirts. So I guess the crowd that reacts positively is the event-attending crowd, perhaps? Given that's where about 70% of AL's new members come from these days (and about 50% of current ALers are from) I think it makes the most sense.
      Somewhere deep inside the wheel of fate is turning~
        Spoiler:  
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWouAkiNliA

In this world there is no black and white,
      I'm told that there will never be a wrong or right,
      But is that true?
      Should I believe that because others do?

Somewhere deep inside the wheel of fate is turning,
      Slowly but surely discerning,
      I feel something rare,
      And I'm becoming aware

(In this world there is no black and white,
      But is that true?
      Should I believe that because others do?)

What's this passion burning?
      Tell me, what's this yearning
      For the truth I know I'm meant to find

Cause in my mind
      I can't help feeling that this time it's mine

No one else can do it
      Somehow I'll pursue it
      I won't go the easy way around
      And I won't stop
      Until the truth's finally found...

Head Moderator
      Omnia Vantias

Bitey

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Then can we have a better banner? I switched to Dusty because the Blue AL one just...irks me now. I understand having AL-chan/kun (I think that's who they are?) is important and all, but it's still all sorts of eye-sore-y. Why not see if some of the people from GFA can make something better?
      I'm the girl you've been thinking about, the one thing you can't live without. I'm the girl you've been waiting for. I'll have you down on your knees, I'll have you begging for more. You probably thought I wouldn't get this far, you thought I'd end up in the back of a car. You probably thought that I'd never escape, I'd be a rat in a cage, I'd be a slave to this place. You don't know how hard I fought to survive, waking up alone when I was left to die. You don't know about this life I've lived, all these roads I've walked, all these tears I've bled. So how can this be? You're praying to me, there's a look in your eyes, I know just what that means...I can be, I can be your everything. I can be your whore! I am the dirt you created, I am your sinner, I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby - You love me for everything you hate me for. I'm the one that you need and fear, now that you're hooked, it's all becoming clear. That all your judgments that you placed on me, was a reflection of discovery. So maybe next time when you cast your stones from the shadows of the dark unknown, you will crawl up from your hiding place, take a look in the mirror, see the truth in your face. So how can this be? You're praying to me. There's a look in your eyes, I know just what that means...I can be, I can be your everything. I can be your whore! I am the dirt you created. I am your sinner. I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby, you love me for everything you hate me for. I am the dirt you created. I am your sinner. I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby, you love me, you want me, you need me! I can be your whore! I am the dirt you created, I am your sinner, I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby - you love me for everything you hate me for. I can be your whore! I can be your whore! I can be your whore! But let me tell you something baby, you love me for everything you hate me for...You love me for everything you hate me for.

Banned
      deleted for obvious reasons

Angry

Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Can the banner please use a different font I mean at least Comic Sans would be ironically bad.

Sabata

Quote Originally Posted by Ferefire View Post
      Most events we sell getting on 200 t-shirts with the mascots on them and the reception is generally positive with people continually buying more shirts.
      Do you also have t-shirts without the mascots, or is that the only option?

Administrator
      Onward!

Cool

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Darksabre View Post
      Then can we have a better banner? I switched to Dusty because the Blue AL one just...irks me now. I understand having AL-chan/kun (I think that's who they are?) is important and all, but it's still all sorts of eye-sore-y. Why not see if some of the people from GFA can make something better?
      2013 and only those from the site graphics scheme. Why not go join? Only four people have bothered so far.

And no, we're not using a different font or mascots. That is how it is, deal with it.
      Somewhere deep inside the wheel of fate is turning~
        Spoiler:  
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWouAkiNliA

In this world there is no black and white,
      But is that true?
      Should I believe that because others do?

Somewhere deep inside the wheel of fate is turning,
      Slowly but surely discerning,
      I feel something rare,
      And I'm becoming aware

(In this world there is no black and white,
      But is that true?
      Should I believe that because others do?)

What's this passion burning?
      Tell me, what's this yearning
      For the truth I know I'm meant to find

Cause in my mind
      I can't help feeling that this time it's mine

No one else can do it
      Somehow I'll pursue it
      I won't go the easy way around
      And I won't stop
      Until the truth's finally found...

Head Moderator
      Omnia Vantias

Bitey

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

I have no skill with Photoshop. Do the GFA people know? I mean, I know a lot of them would love to help, but if they don't know, they can't do much.
      I'm the girl you've been thinking about, the one thing you can't live without. I'm the girl you've been waiting for. I'll have you down on your knees, I'll have you begging for more. You probably thought I wouldn't get this far, you thought I'd end up in the back of a car. You probably thought that I'd never escape, I'd be a rat in a cage, I'd be a slave to this place. You don't know how hard I fought to survive, waking up alone when I was left to die. You don't know about this life I've lived, all these roads I've walked, all these tears I've bled. So how can this be? You're praying to me, there's a look in your eyes, I know just what that means...I can be, I can be your everything. I can be your whore! I am the dirt you created, I am your sinner, I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby - You love me for everything you hate me for. I'm the one that you need and fear, now that you're hooked, it's all becoming clear. That all your judgments that you placed on me, was a reflection of discovery. So maybe next time when you cast your stones from the shadows of the dark unknown, you will crawl up from your hiding place, take a look in the mirror, see the truth in your face. So how can this be? You're praying to me. There's a look in your eyes, I know just what that means...I can be, I can be your everything. I can be your whore! I am the dirt you created. I am your sinner. I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby, you love me for everything you hate me for. I am the dirt you created. I am your sinner. I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby, you love me, you want me, you need me! I can be your whore! I am the dirt you created, I am your sinner, I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby - you love me for everything you hate me for. I can be your whore! I can be your whore! I can be your whore! But let me tell you something baby, you love me for everything you hate me for...You love me for everything you hate me for.

Assistant
      AL's Guardian and Keeper

Amused

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

*steps up to the plate*

I guess I could work on a uniform banner design in each of the three background schemes being I already put up the will to make new buttons for AL along with kinda of pretty much offering up to compile the entire media file collection into one main .zip file so GFX'ers can just download the whole packet of files in one sweep...

Its just a matter of what to design that would give pop, pizzaz and flavor while not looking cheezy. Of course I defiantly agree we need some sort of theme if where gonna have the mascots...like pirates, ninjas, secret agents...or even have them done up cosplaying from something like Deathnote or Bleach or whatever...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information