Bemused

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

The Writer's Club

The Writer's Club

There's a lot of unfinished stories out there on the forum So many of you have great ideas but don't follow them through. Either through distraction, lack of time or just plain hitting a wall, work on it stops. Well it's time to get it done!

The point of this thread is to motivate each other into finishing out writing projects, be it prose, script or poems.

The following is NOT a form, just some pointers for what can be discussed:
      What are you working on?
      How's it progressing?
      What do you need help with?
      What do you think of other people's projects?
      What motivates you as a writer?
      Are you panicing about a deadline?

So post up your works in progress! Post your thoughts! Shout encouragement! Get that damn story FINISHED!
      @DJ_Desolate
      @Zephir
      @Kosmos
      @SinXForr
      @laelruin
      @Moonlit Memories
      @[SnivyBaroque]
      @RemnantOfDreams
      @Madyamisam
      @Yukio-masachita
      @Seneca Crane's Beard
      @Panty Commander
      @Scott
      @Capousky
      @Rohkova
      @Lorekeeper
      @Britishgayshark
      @fyrivy
      @Lobo78

"If you want to become a manga creator, you've got to be able to meet your deadlines." - Tsugumi Ohba

My Manga Forge portfolio can be found HERE.

Follow my ramblings on twitter: @ExplodingDragon
      Read my blog at: www.explosivewriting.com
      Add me to your Google+ circles: gplus.to/ExplodingDragon

*can't sleep without her Stephu*

Loved

Country
      UK
      Array
      Credits

Re: The Writer's Club

Although I already knew about this....I am sadfaced not to have got a mention T^T

I thought we had a special bond Dragon....

I WANTED YOU TO FILL MY DARK SOUL WITH LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!

....but yeah, I'll probably put something in here ^_^

I love you more than anything angel! (Dedicated to Starsong)

redeemer/destroyer

Sigh

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

I was just having a look and went to scroll down the page (using ipod) and the bloody thing lagged and i accidentally clicked on infraction. So if it has gone through then i'll get it removed, if not then awesome!

Really hope we find some good stuff here as i think it is a great opportunity for people to bounce ideas off other creative minds to help motivate towards completion.

Desol's back. Back again :D

Awesome

Country
      Australia
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

umm.... well, its more of a fact that shit happens in life which causes me to lose allmy motivation in one go

thanks for the lovely siggy sumi and Himeno^^ GUMI-ISM FOR LIFE BISHES!

I'm not here to stroke my ego

Bemused

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Amd so the conversation begins.

@SÚverine I am flattered. What are you doing this weekend?

@Avalon~ I formed the list off of portfolios with a writer tag on them. Which you don't have. tsk tsk

@DJ_Desolate Watch/listen to something that makes you laugh, get some joy back. Sometimes I look at something I think is rubbish, think to myself "I can do better than this!" and just start writing.

"If you want to become a manga creator, you've got to be able to meet your deadlines." - Tsugumi Ohba

♪Someone call the doctor♪

Silly

Country
      South_Korea
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

I was mentioned. This makes me happy, also this is a really great idea. Would most definitely like to take part, I know that I have a tendency to get really lazy with my writing leaving things oft unfinished so being part of a group cheering each other on would be awesome. xD

Currently have quite a few pieces in the ideas stage and/or in the process of being written. Most pressing really is the short story I need to submit for anthology at my university's creative writing society, which has to have a theme of dreams in it. So I decided to take dreams in a literal sense and go a sort of Inception-y route with a medical flavour to it.

Problem, I've gotten somewhat annoyed with certain plot bits and actually linking the ideas into a coherent story of sorts.

Bemused

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Give us some more detail on your plot points, we'll come up with some ideas.

sounds very interesting, I'll keep this thread in mind
      Do you know what it's all about? Are you brave enough to figure out?
      Know that you could set your world on fire if you are strong enough to leave your doubts

"If you are looking up it is already too late" DragonSoul class: Hunter

That little creepy girl, oh, she loves to sing She has a little gift, an amazing thing

Bemused

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

I've got an idea for a story, but not sure about a few bits. The basic concept is 'happy soldier robots'. Combat robots that are guarenteed not to turn on their masters because they love their job.

In the story, one such team of robots is deployed in africa to assasinate a warlord. In a decent tactical maneuvere, the warlord's motorcade was attacked by another force, his personal car got away and the robots await him at his expected flee-to point, a small military base. Things go wrong for the team when the car turns up but is missing their target. So they have to run into the desert to find him.

The two main things I'm worried about are
      1) How far do I go with the chase and keep it believable? At some point they would be called home and humans put on the ground to track the guy down, but if they're close they can keep going. Where's the line on being able to sustain this situation?
      2) How do I make sure the robots come across childlike-happy rather than pyscho-happy? They enjoy their work, but they can't enjoy it in a bad way or they're no longer the heroes.

Opinions please.

Trivium - To Burn The Eye

Sad

Country
      USA
      Array
      Credits

thanks for the mention, i am hard at work... but I will have something up here in a moment

-folding laundry-

Bemused

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Quote Originally Posted by explodingdragon View Post
      The two main things I'm worried about are
      1) How far do I go with the chase and keep it believable? At some point they would be called home and humans put on the ground to track the guy down, but if they're close they can keep going. Where's the line on being able to sustain this situation?
      2) How do I make sure the robots come across childlike-happy rather than pyscho-happy? They enjoy their work, but they can't enjoy it in a bad way or they're no longer the heroes.

Opinions please.
      1. Well I personally think you can go as far as you want as long as it fits into the realm of capabilities you have created for your robots and villains. Then again, if you think about it in reference to other manga/comic writers they pushed those boundaries a lot. If you do something that seems extreme just try to think of a logical way it would make sense for the characters involve and believeable for them to do. For example: in the X-Men comics they randomly decided to "kill off" wolverine by having his anamantium skeleton removed by magneto, but they didn't want him to be removed as a character. They literally wrote themselves into a dead spot- but managed to think of a logical way to have him survive it (his regenerative abilities) despite it being nearly impossible for him to. Another incident involved I believe another super hero (who I can't remember the name of right now) where, at the end of a dramatic battle they blew up the ship he was on, then realized after writing the script that he was still ON said ship. They wrote in the character having a spare parachute at the last minute. Despite it not being mentioned earlier in the comic, it suprisingly was logical since it was in the characters personality to ALWAYS be prepared for EVERYTHING.

2. As far as their personalities go you can always take in like the DBZ characters do. Son Goku has a generally child-like personality throughout the entire series but loves a battle. If you can incorporate the same idea by, maybe, showing scenes of them sparing against each other aor running drills and geniunely enjoying it with playful banter it will definitely help. Being able to joke, whine, or laugh playfully during a serious fight will help showcase their childlike personalities more. Such as having a robot maybe go through a big explosion that all "totally awesome" then at the last moment trip and fall and "whine about how it hurt" like a child would.

Hope that helps some ^_^

I've been more focussed on College for a while. Although I've still been doing work on Re:Birth of Eden's plot.
      I didn't post any more pictures or information about because I was paranoid of people stealing my ideas.

Well, I've lately been itching to change the setting to a space opera because the characters were actually carried from one and I felt they didn't
      work with the post-apocalyptic one I've worked on. So I'm setting it back to a space opera setting but with some elements taken from Re:Eden.

I still want to continue work on ParadoX CroXXing just as much, but I never properly worked on two stories at once. Another thing, I'm so damn lazy that I spend more time watching anime and reading books to get "inspired" rather than actually writing the damn scripts and thats a discipline I need to get into.

I've pitched in my new iteration of Re:Birth of Eden in my old portfolio thread.
      http://www.animeleague.net/forum/sho...59#post2676659
      Last edited by Yukio-masachita; 04-17-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Connected together by silk threads

Fussy

Country
      blank
      Array
      Credits

*looks in* umm...hello I just happened to see this and thought this was a good idea.I've found myself unable to continue my projects and it is rather annoying *floats in and plays a sad song on the wind*

Bemused

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Any idea what holds you up on your projects @Kin-Chan ?

Connected together by silk threads

Fussy

Country
      blank
      Array
      Credits

I just try to focus on where I want to be and try to get there.

I'm an assassin! I'm an ASSASSIN! I'll steal your yaoi! Cos I'm an Assassin!
        Spoiler:  
      STEREK!

Also check me out here:
        Spoiler:  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information