redeemer/destroyer

Sigh

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Re: ❦ Make love not peace. Cum here for spamshots || Spam Thread Vol: XVI || ❦

I mean I smoke such a pathetic amount that there is almost no point to me smoking but if someone took away my baccy I'll be scratching at the ceiling.

Thing is, people drink a lot of alcohol and no one really bats and eyelid because it's social but yet it still does damage to the body, but someone mentions smoking and they get alienated unless there are other smokers around them.

Plus I was bullied so bad at school seeing as the rest of the kids never seemed to go through puberty so they never had to deal with acne and just general, teenage ugliness, that I was willing to try anything to see if it got people to at least talk to me. Then they only talked to me because they wanted my ciggies so in the end I was left with no friends and a horrible addiction. They can all fuck emselves now with their council flats, 5 kids and no money.
      神性
      :: shimmering like moonlight - tumblr ::

::i like your whispers, i like your screams::
      ::i like your lies and i'm sure i'd like your dreams::

Cool

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

pfff I can't smoke again

redeemer/destroyer

Sigh

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

good!

Also, I moved the GFX Worm to archives but there should have been a redirect link that expires after a day but it isn't showing up. Oh well.

If anyone is interested in taking part in another one at some point then let me know!
      神性

redeemer/destroyer

Sigh

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

They kinda do that anyway here. As well as have massive images of dead people and the extreme kinds of stuff that cancer does to the body. Thing is, it's all on the back so it's not really a deterrent for beginners and smokers are already hooked. Might stop a few but not many.

Although in my opinion (and im not saying anyone is wrong), alcohol is just as bad as smoking. The only difference is, it is more socially acceptable. You see someone being sick in the street and you think 'oh, they had a good time' but you see someone with yellow fingers having a cig and it's 'eeeeew disgusting! Do you know what you are doing to your lungs!'.

I mean, I'm a bit biased because I smoke and drink but not in excess. I believe in small doses of everything is needed to experience life and if that shit just happens to be bad shit, well...meh. But also, I have seen how smoking has affected people I know in different ways and I have suffered with members of the family being alcoholics who have destroyed themselves because of alcohol so no, it doesn't have benefits, long term anyway.

Nothing has benefits. Chocolate is nice but if you eat too much of it you will get fat. Water is good for you but drink too much it flushes the nutrients out of your system, exercise is good to keep you fit and healthy but do too much and you can do yourself serious damage.
      神性

Cool

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Its so difficult to fap to Cigarette packets

BAE ARTHUR

Amused

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

i've totally tried smoking once or twice and i just can't do it. its not my thing.

also i just started a redbubble account, does anybody know like how big i should make things? it says everything is too small :<

BAE ARTHUR

Amused

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

its a site where you can buy or sell art shit or w/e

http://www.redbubble.com/people/astroxzombina

redeemer/destroyer

Sigh

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Ed, when you do digital images, make sure you do them on an A3 or A4 size with 300dpi. This just means that you are painting on a real scale canvas and not pixels and the dpi(depth per inch) is what is used in most files for printing so it can be upscaled. In other words, images need to be fucking huge if you want them printed on anything.
      神性

BAE ARTHUR

Amused

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

oh shit, thanks! you're the bomb.

I believe in blood

zzzz

Country
      South_Africa
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

hey GFA~
      I'm tired ;_; /sleeps on Vaan

​-------------------------------------------------------------------------
      King of betrayal and lust
      Lord of nothing but dust
      Die in the gutter dirt
      We're the perfect cult

[less than three]

Amused

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

*thinks about moving Than then just sits there content*

H, I think smoking negatives are generally worse than drinking negatives. Teeth look shite, fingers look shite, breath smells shit, monetary standing gets shite. Where as drinking doesn't give you manky fingers, you don't smell unless you have WAY too much and puke on your feet and your monetary standing is still shite regardless. Teeth I'm not too sure on. Eating and drinking anything is bad for your teeth anyway. :: S

Tequila Mockingbird

Cocky

Country
      Ireland
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Rangiku View Post
      GOOD LUCK, GRACE!

Also, @Zen , remember a long time ago when I thought I botched up a drawing that I sent to you, but it wasn't you and I couldn't remember who it was? The chick that it was to actually guessed the word, which was amazing because it was prom and I started to draw a bunch of stick figures, did one, got mad and scribbled it out. MEANT to hit delete, but somehow hit send, probably because I got sidetracked, and then was like "OH NO." XD I can't believe she guessed it.
      Sometimes I use an anagram solver and try every combination when I'm really stuck. XD

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
      don't forget to tell Zen your safe-word. totally spoils the mood when someone's screaming "blueberry pancakes!" mid-flogging and you've no idea why.

[less than three]

Amused

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

I can't believe you didn't just ask me. I'm shocked and emotionally scarred. :: (

Head Moderator
      Omnia Vantias

Bitey

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Drinking too much water is terrible for you. The study that everyone quotes the water ratio from is misquoted - the equivalent of 8 8-oz glasses of water a day will keep you healthy and everything going good, but there is water in almost everything you eat. You should probably have a little more water on days you drink coffee or alcohol to excess, since both of those take water out of your system to be metabolized properly (and that's why you get hungover, in case someone missed that memo) but drinking too much water can absolutely kill you.

And yes, it is exactly because you are diluting essential nutrients in your body. It's a condition called hyponatremia (easy-to-read-sciencey-linky-link), and what is happening is that your cells are trying to maintain a certain concentration gradient of solutes to solvents (ie. salts to deliiicious H2O) and if you suddenly pump a shitton of water into your body, you're throwing that concentration off to the point where cells will start to chuck all of their salts out to re-establish the ideal concentration for that solute. At the same time, your cells start to swell up to pull down the outside concentration gradient so that they can reach happy-happy equilibrium time. Yes, it really only happens to little kids whose parents make them drink tons of water because they don't research the "common wisdom" that they "know", and to athletes as well (which is why, no joke, they have ambulances following runners during marathons - because people up and keel over), but there are still normal everyday people who die because they drank way too much water all at once. If you're guzzling a shitton of water super fast, you'll get sick because your body hates you in that moment - its trying to get you to stop. If you're drinking a shitton of water over th course of a day...well, you're going to be peeing a whole hell of a lot and your body will still hate you, but less so, because you're still accelerating certain chemical processes in your body. 8-12 eight ounce glasses of water will do most people just fine, but it varies from person to person, on a lot of different levels - if you eat really healthily, that can take up about 20% of your daily water intake needs, and you should never ever for never drink all your water at once. Also, the 8-12 eight ounce glasses don't have to be water. Any juice, tea, or whatever you drink counts towards that total.

So. 8 glasses of juice will be good for you for the day. You don't need another 8 glasses on top of that. Unless you like running to the bathroom all the time.

Your business though. Oh, and for anyone interested This is a handy dandy short-shot hydration calculator. For my stuff, I need about 2 liters of water a day. Which is just about 4 pints/half a gallon of water. Since I eat healthilyish, I'll go ahead and take 15% off, which puts me to about a three and a half pints of fluid today. Which is pretty much my morning tea (16 oz = 1 pint), another cup of tea when I get home (1 pint) and my odd trips to the fridge for juice/milk/water (1.5 pints).

/science rant

Chocolate is awesome.
      I'm the girl you've been thinking about, the one thing you can't live without. I'm the girl you've been waiting for. I'll have you down on your knees, I'll have you begging for more. You probably thought I wouldn't get this far, you thought I'd end up in the back of a car. You probably thought that I'd never escape, I'd be a rat in a cage, I'd be a slave to this place. You don't know how hard I fought to survive, waking up alone when I was left to die. You don't know about this life I've lived, all these roads I've walked, all these tears I've bled. So how can this be? You're praying to me, there's a look in your eyes, I know just what that means...I can be, I can be your everything. I can be your whore! I am the dirt you created, I am your sinner, I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby - You love me for everything you hate me for. I'm the one that you need and fear, now that you're hooked, it's all becoming clear. That all your judgments that you placed on me, was a reflection of discovery. So maybe next time when you cast your stones from the shadows of the dark unknown, you will crawl up from your hiding place, take a look in the mirror, see the truth in your face. So how can this be? You're praying to me. There's a look in your eyes, I know just what that means...I can be, I can be your everything. I can be your whore! I am the dirt you created. I am your sinner. I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby, you love me for everything you hate me for. I am the dirt you created. I am your sinner. I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby, you love me, you want me, you need me! I can be your whore! I am the dirt you created, I am your sinner, I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby - you love me for everything you hate me for. I can be your whore! I can be your whore! I can be your whore! But let me tell you something baby, you love me for everything you hate me for...You love me for everything you hate me for.

Head Moderator
      Omnia Vantias

Bitey

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Water doesn't really flush nutrients out of your system. If you take in more water then yes you're going to have to lose some to maintain water balance in your body. The nutrients that go out with it go out as well to maintain balance of metabolites in the body. If it goes out you're still going to have more of it in your body. Your kidneys aren't going to flush out stuff that is needed unless you already have enough in you.
      I was really reacting to that, because urgh. Body chemistry is something I'm always worried about. Because water does flush nutrients from your system. And your kidneys will flush things that are important because kidneys don't think "Oh hey, this is important" they just process urea and whatever else gets to them after its cycled through your body. If an excess of water is present, your kidneys are going to process it and the nutrients it stripped from your body just as easily as it would any other time.

Whee, time for math.
      I'm the girl you've been thinking about, the one thing you can't live without. I'm the girl you've been waiting for. I'll have you down on your knees, I'll have you begging for more. You probably thought I wouldn't get this far, you thought I'd end up in the back of a car. You probably thought that I'd never escape, I'd be a rat in a cage, I'd be a slave to this place. You don't know how hard I fought to survive, waking up alone when I was left to die. You don't know about this life I've lived, all these roads I've walked, all these tears I've bled. So how can this be? You're praying to me, there's a look in your eyes, I know just what that means...I can be, I can be your everything. I can be your whore! I am the dirt you created, I am your sinner, I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby - You love me for everything you hate me for. I'm the one that you need and fear, now that you're hooked, it's all becoming clear. That all your judgments that you placed on me, was a reflection of discovery. So maybe next time when you cast your stones from the shadows of the dark unknown, you will crawl up from your hiding place, take a look in the mirror, see the truth in your face. So how can this be? You're praying to me. There's a look in your eyes, I know just what that means...I can be, I can be your everything. I can be your whore! I am the dirt you created. I am your sinner. I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby, you love me for everything you hate me for. I am the dirt you created. I am your sinner. I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby, you love me, you want me, you need me! I can be your whore! I am the dirt you created, I am your sinner, I am your whore. But let me tell you something baby - you love me for everything you hate me for. I can be your whore! I can be your whore! I can be your whore! But let me tell you something baby, you love me for everything you hate me for...You love me for everything you hate me for.

Page 42 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread Information