• Achy
  • Arty
  • Content
  • Doh!
  • Silly
  • No Mood
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Newbie to Alcon 2012!

The first year I went the only person I knew failed to turn up on the first day and I had no way to contact him.
      Everyone was really great, they even found me somewhere to stay!
      If you stay over the dorms are a great way to meet people, if you're not sure what to say default to anime.
      <shameless plug> If you still end up having trouble finding people to talk to come down to the RPG room, we do a person-by-person introduction before the games, plus you have a pre-made conversation topic afterward </shameless plug>

Going to a Restaurant, nom nom! ❤

Happy

Country
      UK
      Array
      Credits

Quote Originally Posted by MrPurple View Post
      The first year I went the only person I knew failed to turn up on the first day and I had no way to contact him.
      Everyone was really great, they even found me somewhere to stay!
      If you stay over the dorms are a great way to meet people, if you're not sure what to say default to anime.
      <shameless plug> If you still end up having trouble finding people to talk to come down to the RPG room, we do a person-by-person introduction before the games, plus you have a pre-made conversation topic afterward </shameless plug>
      Aw jeez that must of been a shame, great that they found you somewhere to stay! ^ - ^ Thanks, I shall! Oh that is awesome!

Give me a cookie, and I'll be your Togepi?

Bemused

Country
      UK
      Array
      Credits

Its my first time to Alcon too, and hopefully I'll see you on the way there!
      If you want to, you can add me on Facebook. [Search for: Beth Amy Sabaku O'reilly]
      You have the same eyes as me, eyes that long to kill the one who threw you into this hell called solitude~ Sabaku-No-Gaara :

R.I.P Dad. 19/02/1963 - 04/09/2012 <3 ~}@

Attended Cons:
      Alcon 2012
      Gemucon 2013
      MCM Telford 2013
      MCM Birmingham 2013
      Japanorama

NEVER FEAR, FOR AMY IS HERE!

Going to a Restaurant, nom nom! ❤

Happy

Country
      UK
      Array
      Credits

@ Amy-Sabaku - Oh nice! (: Yeah! Unfortunately I don't have Facebook but thanks anyway! ^ - ^

Alcon is always a great atmosphere. The best place to stay is Bede Hall because there are always parties going on around the various floors and outside in the quad. This year will be my 3rd Alcon and my 2nd as crew. The crew always gets run ragged but we're always on hand to help folks out
      Come Visit My Journal

Just to confuse folks. I'm Dorris

Administrator
      ROAR

Angry

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

What everyone else said!

Srick around, spam the place, you'll be in for 6 months of crazyness with awesome people
      Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalJed
      I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse

It's my shiny thing!!

Geeky

Country
      Norway
      Array
      Credits

Alcon '07 was my dirt ever con and it was one of the best things I've done in my life. It was weird the first day but after that made some great friends and memories I'll never forget.
      I've lost contact with a few people who have moved on from this place but there is always someone new and awesome.
      I can't wait to go this year so I can meet all the people from AL.

Looking Forward To ALcon 2012 Already

Bitey

Country
      UK
      Array
      Credits

My first ALcon was last year, it was also my first convention in general, I went on my own but made friends really easily when there, and I'm normally a very shy person.

I've decided to go to Alcon 2012 and I'm wondering what to expect? Everything and Anything, Really be prepared for anything, including playing on a kiddies park at 3 o'clock in the morning
      Are people at Alcon welcoming and friendly? Extremely, the people I met at ALcon are some of the nicest people I have ever met
      Is it easy to make friends? Extremely, I'm one of the shyest people you will ever met, and I made loads of friends
      Does it matter if you don't come wearing cosplay? No you don't have to wear cosplay, I didn't last year, but be prepared for random things like a Sasori asking you to become one of his puppets for the day as I walked out my Dorm on the Sunday last year
      What was your first time going to Alcon like? The most amazing experience of my life

Also if you are going by train by the time you are on the train to Leicester you will have met someone also going to ALcon (I met @MrPurple and we sat talking the whole time)
      PLUR and Chocolate
      Blessed Be
      Cazzy
      xx
      Love Knows No Bounds
      xxxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information