Angry

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Re: Death By Machines

"Come on..." She said, continuing to work as Gabby approached with her own stream of tears and worried looks. Funny how they were first to respond. Saying nothing to the little girl, she merely smiled weakly at her for the help. Finally Kyle had approached but she at least got that bone back were it had ought to be. He had woken, she saw an eye flutter and that was enough for her not to turn around and punch the bossy boy in the face. After all, Beth was a farm girl. The boy had nothing on her.

Beth took Gabby's hand, indicating for her to stand up while Grant woke. She picked up the girl, embracing her and suddenly glad she was okay. They all were going to be, she knew it. "It'll be alright," she said quietly little Gabby, the girl who was being forced to grow up so quickly. She grinned down at Grant, wanting to scold him but finding it inappropriate at the time.

Her eyes went out over the beach, something caught her eye. Was it the guy the others were checking out? He was injured and just sitting there like a damned fool. She waved at him lightly, signaling for him to join. They would need help carrying their own invalid after all. Grant was finally motioning to get up, Beth swooped in before Kyle had the chance and pulled up the older man.

"Nice try there...but don't do anything like that again." She looked sincere as she continued, "A little girl is depending on us all to make it out of this."
      Like to RP? Join the Twilight Knights! Click my signature for more info!

clarity comes when least expected...

Awesome

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Kyle saw the intent in Beth's eyes to hit him, and simply scoffed at her. It would have been the worst possible idea for her at the moment, shaking his head as he repacked the kit. It was obvious to him that this crush of hers was going to be a problem and impact their chances of survival. He hoisted the kit onto his shoulder, heading back to the cabin without the others. He was now formulating plans in his head about what would be the best course of action for him. Being on a small island with a female who wanted to smack him and could not take simple direction was not on his list of things he wanted to deal with. He put the kit down and left it on the table for the others, leaving through the rear of the cabin and heading down to the dock area. He opted to travel light, as being in a military family had taught him to do in such a situation. He took the smaller of the two axes, leaving most of the supplies and the larger weapon for the group. He was about to head to the boat area when he saw a new person, shifting his position to get a better look. he was seated off to where they were treating Grant's wounds.

A new person? Maybe a sign for a fresh start... Beth is starting to get on my nerves and I am tired of her and her mood swings from her crush on Grant... I'm all for cooperation, but if you are going to put us in a situation where we will be in danger, I have no time to deal with it, things are messed up enough as it is. If you are going to put me in a situation where it is you or me because your actions are putting us at risk, it's going to be me every time... This is where my path separates from theirs, there is no place in a group for malicious intent like slapping someone for giving them simple directions.
      http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/Van_Skywalker/d6708a3a-eb84-40c2-a1cd-85081281476b_zps66807b36.jpg

Twilight Knight!

Angry

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

He'd leave us for dead. She thought, watching Kyle go back to the cabin. He knew there was tension but she was sure he didn't understand why. Her reason to be annoyed was valid. He was bossy. She could tell he saw himself as a leader and didn't think anyone else, especially not girls, could handle such a role. One could not expect a girl at her age to want to be bossed around by a stranger. That wasn't in her blood. Back home she was a solid part of every team she was on from the farm to softball. Frankly, she couldn't stand him but she would never dismiss him as he had just done them.

She frowned, her pretty brow furrowing but for a moment before she looked to Gabby, the Grant, and finally the stranger in the sand. Kyle could leave if he wanted, but it just meant he didn't give a damn what anyone thought.

Awesome

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Kyle decided to head back to the cabin, taking out a pen and a bandage wrapper to write on. He felt the best thing was to tell them why he was leaving. He opened the pen, writing his letter.

Dear Friends,

I am leaving because for some reason, one of you thinks I am trying to be a leader (you know who you are, no need to say names). I never claimed nor wanted to be one, I simply offered suggestions. The quiet hostility from this person has caused tension to build and I do not wish to fight with anyone. It is with a heavy heart that I return to what I have been doing since my parents died when deployed last year, be on my own. I travel better on my own, and impending conflicts will only hinder the group. I am preparing two boats at the docks, so when you are able, head there as most of the vehicles in the water have run out of fuel. Take care of each other, and I hope to see you all one day once this nightmare is over... some of you more than others. Along with this letter, I am leaving a map with small islands with no technology on them so you will be safe. It will take me some time to make both boats ready for travel, so if you need anything from me, that is where I will be.

Once he finished his letter, he realized that he revealed more about his past than he wanted. Not that he cared, right now his goal was to get as far from Beth as possible. She was letting her emotions get the better of her thinking, and that was going to put them all at risk. He knew she would make up some kind of story where he was the 'bad guy' but he personally did not care. she jumped to conclusions, especially thinking that he wanted to lead. His only goal was survival, nothing more and nothing less. Her current way of thinking was getting in the way, but he would still do whatever he could to ensure their survival. He was just not sure he could stand being so close to her, something about the way he saw her silently made assumptions about him irked him. He made his way to the docks, looking through the non motorized boats to find two that would best make the run to the islands. Grant would lead the group to safety, he was the leader of the group. Kyle used the small axe to break apart damaged boats, starting to make oars to move the best of the undamaged boats.
      http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/Van_Skywalker/d6708a3a-eb84-40c2-a1cd-85081281476b_zps66807b36.jpg

I want a Night Mare

Crazy

Country
      USA
      Array
      Credits

Feral got up and started to move closer to where they were. That short break made it easier to move. He came up to the two girls and the guy that blew up the gas station. Feral bowed to them and then said, "Sorry about that, ..... But when I saw those machines surrounding the building, I had to do something... because I thought that people were in there. I was right it seems.... Sorry to worry you. By the way, my name is Feral." He said it all nervous like because he had never talked to a girl before, besides his sister.

Assistant of Stabbing.
      Epically Awesome <3

Bitey

Country
      Ireland
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

She was sliding to her feet when a faint voice drifted to her ears. Blinking and glancing down, she grinned at the sight of the awake man who until now she was sure wasn't going to make it. Sure, they were supposed to make a break for it, but she didn't want to be safe if everyone couldn't be safe. Gabrielle sniffed as Kyle reached the three of them and started helping Beth with bandaging up Grant. She couldn't take her eyes off the gaping wound, and tears were streaming down her cheeks. Her attention barely shifted over towards Kyle as he instructed Beth to take her and go find something that would help the group get off the island. Shaking her head, she thought about shouting that she didn't want to leave Grant, but quickly determined that doing what he wanted would probably be for the best. Scrunching up her nose, she almost scolded Grant when prepared to stand up, but he was right, they needed to be on their way. About to toddle off, she was suddenly picked up by Beth who told her it would be alright. Beth was wrong though, it wasn't going to be alright, never again would it be alright. Shaking her head, she climbed down out of the older girl's arms as Beth waved to the other guy who had been fighting off machines previously before helping up Grant.

"Mrrr..."

While everything was happening; after Grant had awoken, Gabrielle noticed Kyle heading away from the group with the kit. She was going to run around her when Beth picked her up, the whole thing sidetracking her complete attention. She didn't want any of them to be separated, but something told her it was going to happen. Frowning, she tugged a little on her hair, twirling it around her finger. She didn't understand all the drama issues that occurred between older individuals, so she had no idea why Kyle was being so distant all of a sudden. Glancing towards the sky, she blinked a little towards the weird color it seemed to be, and shifted her gaze back towards the others. The strange man was making his way over to where they were, and she studied him silently. He apologized for his actions, which was weird, but she figured it was something that older people did. He introduced himself as Feral and she couldn't help but notice he seemed apprehensive, which made her a little nervous.

"Eh... Nice to meet you. I'm Gabrielle Skye and uhhh... I'll be right back."

Taking off towards the cabin, she darted into it and looked all over for Kyle. She briefly noted a piece of paper on the table, but didn't bother reading it. Jogging out and down the path that led towards the boats she tried to ignore the fearful knot that was bunching up in her stomach. It wasn't long before she noticed a figure breaking up boats. Her pace quickened and the closer she got, the better she could tell that it was indeed Kyle. Her tiny arms wrapped around his legs, and she held onto him tight. It took her a few tries to speak without crying, and she stared up at him with sad tear-filled eyes.

"We have to stay together... Kyle."

A roaring sound echoed throughout the area, alerting everyone to the fact that something was coming closer to the beach. The machines were communicating with each other and they did not want any humans to survive so they were sending in reinforcements. Large vessels were on their way to the beach via the ocean and large trucks and another machines were using the roads to get there. To say things were about to get worse was putting it lightly. Death was on the air and it was craving more blood.

"Though it's been a while now... I can still feel so much pain. Like the knife that cuts you… The wound heals, but the scar, that scar remains."

Awesome

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Kyle ruffled Gabby's hair as she clung to his leg, looking down to her. He then shifted his eyes to the water and the roads to the beach, seeing the machines making their way toward them. He shook his head, looking down to Gabby. He peeled her off his leg, kneeling down so that they were more or less looking each other in the eye. He needed her to listen to what he was going to say, as they were now running out of time.

"I need you to go get the others, we just ran out of time. I need to finish these boats, otherwise we will not be going anywhere and we will more than likely not last another hour. Hurry, this is very important Gabby. I am almost finished, so they need to get here as soon as possible."

ramblin

Piratey

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

There was a heavy air of silence as Kyle walked away so that even the wind seemed to stop to take heed of the situation. The weight of guilt drew Grant’s face into a long expression. He had planned to pay a price so that the group could have hope but somehow the result became some amount of despair as the group began to crack slightly from the pressure. He winced in pain from his crippled chest, maintaining his humble stance supported by the compassionate and proud woman that had just saved his life, as he tried to form some words that could possibly stop Kyle.

”wait… kyle…”

They needed to stick together as this strange new guerrilla war could not be fought alone and, as a species, could not be recovered from alone. It was only in that moment of silence that he realized that the feminine figure that was acting as his crutch was solely dressed in her bikini due to using what little she had to cover herself to snatch himself from the jaws of death. It was a strangely balanced image of delicate beauty and grungy scuffed flesh. Before he could fully don a half embarrassed composure his attention was snatched away by the approaching wounded savior. Though most likely exhausted, obviously injured, and fresh from strenuous bout with an outnumbering group of cold killers, he introduced himself with a very timid tone that contrasted with his evident strength. A humble selfless fighter. Gabby seemed to have been overcome with concern as she dropped from Beth’s arms, hastily introduced herself to the newcomer, and went running off towards Kyle’s path of self-determined solitude. Grant crafted a firm smile as he watched Gaby’s labored sprint that forged an image of childlike innocence piercing through the thick fog of complex adult cynicism and pride. For such a small child she was so strong, whether or not she knew it. Grant turned his head to the new addition of the group to express his gratitude.

”Thank ya…. Feral was it? Without ya I’m not sure the others wouldn’ta been attacked after that distraction. I owe ya one.”

Grant then turned his head downward in as humble as a pose as he could muster with his injury and shifted his eyes to Beth.

”And thank you…”

He looked downward in embarrassment.

”You’re right, it was selfish of me to try and spend my life on just one act of sacrifice for the lot of ya. I guess I should be more trusting in us as a group insteada tryin ta play hero. But still….. thank you…

Suddenly a mechanical roar ripped through the air bringing his attention to war ships on the horizon and the sounds of a mechanical army approaching from the distance on land. He scrunched his brow and stretched his lips flat while calculations began flying about his thoughts. With this kind of high power force coming for them there were eventually going to need to go on the offensive as they were not going to be able to run forever; however, they needed time to make a plan and physically recover. They needed a place with limited maneuverability for vehicles and deep cover from artillery barrages like a ravine, cave, or bunker in a forest, hopefully something that Kyle’s island would be able to provide. Either way, their window of opportunity to travel by water was closing fast.

”We need to go.”

Grant’s weakened body once again tensed up with the, now all too familiar, flow of adrenaline as he prepared himself to awkwardly run.

”NOW!!”
      Last edited by MidRamble; 04-19-2012 at 09:19 AM.
      Rick Grimes is a badass

Ramblings
      Quote Originally Posted by Citizen
      I'm actually pretty nice you crywhores.

I want a Night Mare

Crazy

Country
      USA
      Array
      Credits

Feral jumped up in response to everything, "Your welcome, I am to blame for your injuries though.... I am the one who caused you to perform the heroic act," Feral said this looking down at his sheathed sword. "Where are we to go, is there some place that we can rest, I mean we can't run forever...." The deafening roar of the machines was getting closer and closer, "Shit, we need to get a move on now!"

Ninja

Depressed

Country
      Germany
      Array
      Credits

The door is opened. The ignition is turned. The engine starts. Just another night in City Scape.

" Thirteen charlie to Base. I'll be 10-8 Beginning mileage for unit 38078 will 56783."

10-4 Charlie Thirteen your patrolling sector 7 tonight, be safe out there.

The black & white is put into drive and pulls out of the parking garage. It was just another night for Officer Von Mustang; he tucked in his daughter, he made love to his wife, and he let the dog out to piss. Just another night. The city was quiet tonight, but then again it was a Tuesday. He pulled into the local 7/11 just like he did every night to get a Mountain Dew slush and some slim Jims and to talk to Arab that ran the place. The Arab had told him his name once but Vincent couldn't pronounce nor remember so he just called him Old Man which seemed to work out just fine.

Hello Officer! How are you doing tonight on this wonderful Tuesday!?

The smile as well as his enthusiasm seemed like a load of bull shit, but he never was for certain, maybe he really was an overly happy and friendly gas station owner.

"It's just another Tuesday Old Man. Just another Tuesday."

He never really kept up any conversation with the old man when he came in, he never really made conversation with anyone, he didn't like people all that much. People made fun of him all the time because of it. I mean they were right after all, who becomes a cop and doesn't like people? Vincent took a long sip of his slurpy, when something caught his eye. A commit? If it was there was definitely something wierd about it.

"What the fuck is that green shit? Atmospheric gas?"

The object hit hard sending a shock wave through the city, Vincent was thrown against his car and then into a grassy lawn, he blacked out for a second before scrambling to his feet. Where communications down yet?

"Thirteen Charlie to Base we have a large object crash in the city! Requesting fire and EMS and get the NDT teams in route! Shit my radio is busted!"

He would have to use the car radio! He charged for the black & white the door was shut, which meant it locked itself, he reached for his keys to unlock it as the door open with great force knocking him several feet into the street.

"Ow what the fuck!?"

Before he had the chance to get up the squad car put itself into drive and drove off squelching tires and leaving a cloud of smoke behind it. Vincent got to his feet and drew his weapon naturally out of instinct as the car hit the brakes and slide around to face his a couple hundred feet away from him and starting to rev up.

"Who the fuck is in my fucking car!

Before Vincent could have a moment to figure out what was going on the car was racing towards him. He ran as hard as he could to get away from the car. He was going to be run down in the street and never know why or by who. He had to stop it. He down over some bushes that ran along the edge of a yard and starting firing into the front glass of the car. Vincent was a Marine sniper in Operation Iraqi Freedom, who ever the driver was he wasn't anymore. The windshield exploded and the car slide to a stop. Vincent already had his weapon drawed at the driver seat, the seat was completely obliterated, but the wasn't any blood nor a diver.

"Impossible! No fucking way!"

The tires squelched again the black & white raced like a bullet towards him, he couldn't kill a driver that wasn't there. Wait! He could kill the car. He would have to take out the engine block and the car was dead in the road! He drawed his 9mm and fired every shot into the grill, quickly changed mags, and fired again. The large yelp from the siren blared and the car sputtered and plowed into a street lamp beside him. He took moment to catch his breath before he shot the tires out.

"Now stay dead bitch!"

He ran to the truck, opened it, and grabbed a shotgun and a duffle bag loaded with shells, mags, and body armor. He would have to make it to the crash site on foot he just hoped there wasn't anymore rogue cop cars out there trying to kill him!

Thanks Andie for the awesome Signature
      (-_-(-_-(-_-(- _ -)-_-)-_-)-_-)
      Hate me today
      Hate me tomorrow
      Hate me for all the things I didn't do for you
      Hate me in ways
      Yeah ways hard to swallow
      Hate me so you can finally see what’s good for you
      xxxAbs3ntS0ulxxx

Assistant of Stabbing.
      Epically Awesome <3

Bitey

Country
      Ireland
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

][OOC: Sorry for the delay, I was waiting for @PrincessLUV to post first, but Welcome Bebop!!! =D][

In the distance, Gabrielle heard cop sirens loud and clear, but something told her it wasn’t the police coming for the rescue. No, it was more than likely renegade cop cars, and the young child hoped that all the police officers managed to get away free. However, something deep down told her that most if not all of the officers were quite dead. She couldn’t help the scowl that crossed her face at that thought. This day was the worst day ever, and she wondered what the human race did to deserve this fate. Until today, she had enjoyed watching movies that had aliens attacking and other things happening, but never in her short life did she ever imagine it would really happen.

Glancing up at Kyle as he messed up her hair, she remained tight around his leg. She grasped for him as he pulled her off, whining just like the tiny child she truly was. Her movements stopped once he knelt down to her height, and she found herself staring at him, trying not to cry. That was something that was growing harder and harder to do, and she knew it was only time before the dam burst and her tears flowed down her cheeks. Sniffing as he told her to go get the others, she wondered if he was getting her away so he could flee. Were they that much of a burden?

“…Kay, but you hafta promise you’ll stay here and won’t abandon us...”

Frowning once more before running off, she brought up both hands, wiping away tears that had started to stream down her cheeks. She found the others starting to come their direction, and she waved her arms frantically. Everyone still seemed alive, which was fantastic, and for a moment, she thought the group was going to be fine and dandy. That was until jets started to zoom across the sky. Gasping, she held her hands against her ears, screaming at the top of her lungs.

“HURRY UP AND COME ON!!!!!!!”

Turning back around, she took off running towards the boats and where Kyle happened to be at. Hopefully he was finished with the boats because they needed to get somewhere safe and out of the sight of the jets.

"Though it's been a while now... I can still feel so much pain. Like the knife that cuts you… The wound heals, but the scar, that scar remains."

Twilight Knight!

Angry

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Beth nodded to Feral as the men insisted they move. Gabby was in the distance yelling too. She latched to Grant's side, assisting him in a half run of sorts to avoid further injury.

"We're coming!" She said over the sound of revving engines. They moved quickly but she felt is was not enough.

I can't let these people down, I can't let them die out here like this. Funny thing about determination mixed with fear, it could make you do things you never thought you could. At this point the machines were nipping at their heels. She dashed, almost carrying Grant at this point.

"GO GABBY!" she shouted ahead for the girl lead the way.

Awesome

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Kyle had began to fix up the two boats of sorts, using pieced from other broken boats to reinforce the ones that he planned on using to get them to his island. He had a feeling the he would simply have to send Beth to another part of the island, simply because he could not stand her and her way of thinking. He had no idea why she had a problem with everything he said, probably because of her stupid crush. He pushed his thoughts aside, focusing on finishing the boats.

The metal I found should make us to be able to withstand some ramming as well as make us move more smoothly through the water. We have a few weapons, but it would not be a good idea for us to engage them if at all possible. I hope the others get here soon, we are running out of time...

Kyle grumbled, looking around for the others. They were running out of time, and by the sound of things, the machines called in air support.

Ninja

Depressed

Country
      Germany
      Array
      Credits

OOC: Sorry been fighting the Strep fro a few days.

IC: Vincent heard the sounds of jets flying over the city, this was great news, the Air Force was already patrolling the skies! Let's hope the Army gets here soon. He wasn't as young as he used to be, although only 24 his body had taken some pretty tough hits during college football, and he was starting to feel it. He must have ran at least 5 miles by now, plus the weight of his gear and guns, if he didn't get there soon he would pass out. Shit! The bridge was up which meant he was locked out of the city. Vincent let out a long sigh when something caught his eye.

"A camera..."

The camera seemed to follow his every move, which meant there had to be someone alive to watch be watching him!

"Hey! Cityscape Police lower the bridge, we have an possible plan crash in the city we need this route open!"

Suddenly there the red glow from the camera started to flicker. Morse code?

"Oh shit!"

He had to find a way to get someone's attention, he needed to get the bridge down, but the control booth was in the city side! He grabed the PA from the maintenance box and tried to get someone's attention.

"This is Officer Von Mustang with the City Scape Police Department, if the is anyone near the control booth of the bridge I need you to let it down so help can get to you. Everyone stay calm The military is enroute and help is on the way!"

The officer was oblivious to what was going on but he could have swore the camera said it was going to kill him in Morse code!

Thanks Andie for the awesome Signature
      (-_-(-_-(-_-(- _ -)-_-)-_-)-_-)
      Hate me today
      Hate me tomorrow
      Hate me for all the things I didn't do for you
      Hate me in ways
      Yeah ways hard to swallow
      Hate me so you can finally see what’s good for you
      xxxAbs3ntS0ulxxx

Assistant of Stabbing.
      Epically Awesome <3

Bitey

Country
      Ireland
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Her little legs were sprinting as quickly as possible over the sandy ground, but it was hard to keep footing, especially with all the dead body parts littering the area. Her eyes seemed to find areas that didn’t have any corpses, but it was a hard task. She was halfway back to where Kyle was at when her attention suddenly shifted towards the bridge that was mysteriously up instead of down like it was supposed to be. Were the machines attempting to keep people separated? Were there other people on the other side of the bridge? No boats were beneath it, so the only reasoning she had that it was up was that someone was alive and that person or people were attempting to escape. Skidding to a stop, she seemed to do an antsy dance before making her decision.

“GO TO KYLE, YOU GUYS! I’MMA GO CHECK SOMETHIN’ OUT REAL QUICK!”

Turning around, she sprinted towards the bridge, barely missing being run over by a car that slammed into another vehicle. Glad the unmanned car was incapacitated, she resumed her direction, suddenly wondering why the bridge was suddenly further away than what it seemed when she first decided to run over to it. Panting, she made her way into the control room, cringing at the sight of blood-soaked bodies slumping over the controls. She whined softly, her head tilting as she picked up on a voice indicating that he was a cop and that military was on its way.

“Oh lord, he has no idea…”

Swearing, she shoved one of the corpses off the controls and slammed her fist hard into them. Nothing happened, so she found a wrench and rammed it into the controls, shorting them out. They flickered before the bridge lowered back down. She could tell that the machines were fighting to undo the short, and it was only time before the bridge would go back up again. Rushing out, she cupped her hands around her mouth, shouting at the man.

“HEY, COP PERSON! GET OVER HERE; THE MACHINES ARE TRYING TO KILL US! THE JETS ARE NOT HERE TO HELP US, THEY’RE GONNA BLOW US UP!” He better hurry up because she wasn’t going to stick around long. She knew the others were going to be waiting for her and she also knew the jets would target them sooner than naught.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information