• Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Bitey

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Re: Assistant Central: FAQ, Application and Schemes

I've been thinking and seeing how my laptop has been acting better lately and my spring semester is almost over along with my classwork, I'll give being an assistant another go...that is if you'll have me.

1. How much time a day can you put into helping out? Will this time be consistent for at least the next three months?
      I can put however much time I need into helping out. I probably log on here each day for 5+ cumulative hours.

2. How motivated are you towards helping out? How well do you work with others and on your own?
      I am very motivated when it comes to helping out, especially when it benefits others with the same interests as myself. I work great with other people as long as they are willing to work with me, there is no I in team after all. I work very well by myself and if I need help I would have no problem asking for it.

3. Which sections of AL do you like the most? What aspects of this place do you like the most?
      My favorite places in AL are Crazy League, City Scape, and Video Gaming.
      CL - It's the amount of randomness and the freedom to act...well crazy.
      CS - I love to RP, its great to see so many ideas be born and see how others help the internal story unfold.
      VG - it's pretty much the laid back, oraganized, and somewhat civil discussions regarding upcoming titles, your favorites, and the companies that make them.

4. We are eager to know what you feel you can bring to our team. What do you think you personally could improve if you were made an assistant?
      1. I would try my best to improve the activity in CS. I would like to see it in its former glory when more than 15 - 20 people participated in the whole thread.
      2. I will do my best to help whoever needs it, no matter if it is someone I don't quite see eye to eye with or have had a bad run in with in the past.

5. State the three top schemes you'd like to join if you become an assistant, and give solid reasons for taking each scheme.
      1.CityScape Assistant Scheme - I am a very active member there in the majority of RPs including one of my own creation. A weekly report of the threads I am participating in and being active in the council will be the easiest scheme for me to participate in.
      2.Video Gaming Assistants - I am a hardcore gamer, it's the perfect scheme for someone like me to offer assistance in and particiapation wise I will be involved in many heated discussions and constantly be on the look out for the latest news in the Gaming world and bring it to everyones attention.
      3.Guardians Assistant Scheme - I have all the time in the world to give to newcomers to help get them situated and comfortable with the board and I have many email accounts so staying in touch on messengers will not be a problem with me.

If I need to elaborate more on a given question please feel free to tell me
      Thank you for the awesome set Alu! :3

Ew a Poptart: Accepted! Welcome back to the team! You can go on ahead and venture into Assistant Central (and the VG section itself) to sign-up for your preferred schemes. Please don't hesitate to contact myself or any other EH moderator if you have any questions or concerns.
      Avatar made by LJ community magic_art

^ Birthday gift from Omega Persona

Too broken for you to love me anymore.

Crazy

Country
      UK
      Array
      Credits

Assistant application:

1. How much time a day can you put into helping out? Will this time be consistent for at least the next three months?

At least an hour a day, though with auditions job center and stuff like that it may vary, but generally speaking around an hour a day at least.

2. How motivated are you towards helping out? How well do you work with others and on your own?

I like working with others and I like working on my own, I'm friendly...and...stuff ^^ I'm bad at writing about myself >.>

3. Which sections of AL do you like the most? What aspects of this place do you like the most?

<3 - GD Everyone loves a good debate, the freedom to express an opinion and the enlightenment of others is always refreshing
      <3 ALJ - It's an awesome section what else is there to say!
      <3 l&W - Awesome section love the creativeness
      <3 MF - another awesome section with an amazing amount and standard of talented frequenters

4. We are eager to know what you feel you can bring to our team. What do you think you personally could improve if you were made an assistant?
      - Examples of BAD answers: "I would enforce the rules.”, a general answer like 'I like AL' or 'Because I come here often' isn't acceptable. Offer two well thought out reasons as to why you think you would be a good assistant.

1. I'm experienced, and hopefully wont need to be reminded of things unless they've changed
      2. I'm friendly, helpful and not afraid to talk to people

5. State the three top schemes you'd like to join if you become an assistant, and give solid reasons for taking each scheme.
      - Please keep in mind you are required to participate in AT LEAST ONE scheme. You cannot skip this question.
      1. GD council Scheme
      2. welcoming new comers
      3. Chat assistant
      4. Happy Birthdays

thanks

Immortal Head Moderator
      Sed Libera Nos A Malo

Loved

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

I tend to spend about 2 hours online a night, normally not doing anything in particular but can dedicate at least an hour a day to AL. I'll be as consistent as i can, barring any internet problems (were thinking of switching our internet supplier)

In the short time I've been a member here I've been made to feel accepted, and wish to help to do this for others as well as to help AL grow. I work well within a team, and tend to be the person who tries to make sure that everyone has their opinion heard. I also work well on my own, although not to the same extent, as i tend to over think things so need somebody to stop me doing that.

I like Literature and Writing the most, it's full of great people. There are a lot of great poems and stories, and I've always been a fan of reading and writing. I feel that my visiting this section has improved my writing skills, as well as given me experience critiquing other peoples submissions.

I also like the AL journals page, although i haven't actually posted in there ( tend to lurk more than anything atm) but it's always full of interesting posts, friendly people and it always seems to me as if it is one big happy online family.

1. I'm friendly, down to earth, approachable and always willing to help. I've been told i have a delightful personality too ( by Shadow )
      2. I have always found it easy to come up with new ideas, whether they be good or bad so i feel i could suggest new things for the section i assist with in an attempt to increase activity.

1.Literature and Writing. It's the section i frequent most and the one i feel the strongest about. I love the creativity, the people are remarkably talented and friendly and i want to do my bit to increase activity and get more people to critique on the submissions found here.
      2. AL Journals. As i mentioned above, although i've been a little apprehensive about posting here, it's mainly due to shyness and i feel the section is a good one. A nice idea, giving people a chance to rant about their day, chat with other forum goers and make new friends along the way.

Although these are my two proffered schemes, i'm willing to lend a hand wherever needed.

6. Referred by:
      Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Melmo View Post
      So Drifty broke his bed and Jed is electrocuting everyone. Business as usual then. Carry on!

Heaven, ImmortalJed: Welcome to the team! You both can go on ahead into Assistant Central (except for GD, PM Yami for details on that scheme) and apply for your preferred scheme. Please don't hesitate to let myself or any other EH moderator know if you have any issues or concerns.

Too broken for you to love me anymore.

Crazy

Country
      UK
      Array
      Credits

Thankyouuuu~

Immortal Head Moderator
      Sed Libera Nos A Malo

Loved

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Brilliant,cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Melmo View Post
      So Drifty broke his bed and Jed is electrocuting everyone. Business as usual then. Carry on!

-catching up on threads-

Annoyed

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Who do I talk to about being removed as an assistant?

Assistant of Stabbing.
      Epically Awesome <3

Bitey

Country
      Ireland
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

I think @Android 18

"Though it's been a while now... I can still feel so much pain. Like the knife that cuts you… The wound heals, but the scar, that scar remains."

*sigh*

Sigh

Country
      USA
      Array
      Credits

An hour a day at least. I might miss a day here or there but I can generally put in extra time the next day to make up for it. I try not to miss more than a day at a time if I slip.

I'm pretty well motivated if the project I'm working on is something I enjoy. I don't really work well with planning out things with others, to be honest. I'm good at reporting what I've done solo or being told what to do, but I just butt heads with people too much to cooperatively plan and collaborate something together. I guess the solo is more of a preference. I tend to be a perfectionist, so a cooperative project usually ends in me taking control of everything, which I know angers people.

ClanNation and Video Gaming. I love roleplaying, I've done it for many years, and CN is where I did the bulk of it here. Was actually a mod for CN for a time before I needed a break from the forums. I also like the Video Gaming section. I'm an avid gamer and it's nice to see what people post about and possibly hear about games I never knew about that are entertaining.

1. As bad as I am with cooperative work, I'm good at following directions and can be cooperative on a combined project if I must. If I'm told to spend X amount of time on a project, I spend X amount of time on a project. If I'm needed to talk to people in ___ thread, I talk to them.
      2. I am very opinionated about everything. XD Which is why the schemes I'm interested in are mostly reviewing and so forth. I love typing things up for people to read. Despite whatever typos may be in this post I'm actually pretty good about proofreading my work when it's something I know is going to be where people can see it. I know there are a few schemes that need frequent articles and aren't getting them, so I'm hoping my need to just not shut up will come in handy in those particular schemes.

- Please keep in mind you are required to participate in AT LEAST ONE scheme. You cannot skip this question.
      1. AL Front-Page Writers (Shouts/Reviews). I like this idea. The scheme is marked red and doesn't look like it's been updated in a while so it obviously needs some assistants to love on it. I also love writing, as stated in #4 so I could think of several things I could post at any given time. Shouts are probably more my speed, as I have a harder time posting objective content, but I can be objective for reviews when I must.
      2. CN Assist Schemes (Clan Membership Managers). While not one where I get to write up a storm, it's the only CN-related scheme I could deal with, and I want to do something possibly for CN, it has a large place in my heart. I'm good at stalking and poking around people's profiles, I'm kinda nosy, so this would be good for me. lol
      3. Video Gaming (Game Reviews). I specifically like the area where game reviews are being posted, I think that's something I'd enjoy. I can help out with any other responsibilities a VG assistant may have but the game reviews in particular are calling to me. It's my last choice of the three because I can still post reviews even if I'm not an assistant.

6. Referred by: No one
      Join the Wild Grove! A clan for Furries and their fans! || Love Roleplay and creating manga? DBZ/DBGT? Join the Saiyan Armada!

My DeviantArt Page

I'm female, damn it! > . <

Administrator
      Onward!

Cool

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Welcome back to AL, @Koru I can confirm you're accepted - you know the drill by now, so go-go-go!
      Somewhere deep inside the wheel of fate is turning~
        Spoiler:  
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWouAkiNliA

In this world there is no black and white,
      I'm told that there will never be a wrong or right,
      But is that true?
      Should I believe that because others do?

Somewhere deep inside the wheel of fate is turning,
      Slowly but surely discerning,
      I feel something rare,
      And I'm becoming aware

(In this world there is no black and white,
      I'm told that there will never be a wrong or right,
      But is that true?
      Should I believe that because others do?)

What's this passion burning?
      Tell me, what's this yearning
      For the truth I know I'm meant to find

Cause in my mind
      I can't help feeling that this time it's mine

No one else can do it
      Somehow I'll pursue it
      I won't go the easy way around
      And I won't stop
      Until the truth's finally found...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlit Memories View Post
      Who do I talk to about being removed as an assistant?
      I've removed you, Moonlit. You're more than welcome to join our team again when you have the time and/or drive. ^^

-catching up on threads-

Annoyed

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Thank you ^_^

CL Moderator
      drunk is forever my life.

No Mood

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Let's do this again.

3rd time reapplying, ever.

Probably an hour or so a day, seeing as how I have to work ... I can do things in the morning when I can... and when I'm able.
      I pretty much work better on my own, but then at times need some guidance. I want to try to be better than I was before... before I just quit being a mod.
      Just hope you do know that I will do as much as I can while I sort life out .. which is why I said I'll do atleast an hour a day.
      I honestly haven't enjoyed a section in the longest time, I just post. : | But I guess I frequent ALJ just to rant and share my thoughts on things.
      1. I've been a mod before and I know what to do.
      2. Could help out with a bunch of the schemes, and try to get them back on track. I know I had slacked when I was on the mod team, but I was going through some hard times as well. So I think it will be better.
      1. Happy Birthday Scheme
      2.Guardian Scheme
      3. Sig Squad

Noodle: Accepted! Welcome back to the team! You don't need me to recite what to do from here, but do let myself or any EH mod know if you have any questions or problems~

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information