• Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Assistant Central: FAQ, Application and Schemes

WELCOME TO ASSISTANT CENTRAL

Please utilize this thread for any of the following:
      1. Assistant & Scheme FAQ: New to the boards and don't quite understand what assistants and/or schemes are? Scroll to the next post (or click "Assistant and Scheme FAQ" at the top) and you'll find some frequently asked questions about what assistants are, what role they play in our community and how schemes function.
      2. Assistant Sign-Ups and Scheme List: Interested in becoming an assistant? Want to know which schemes we have up and running? Or maybe you are an assistant now but are looking for other schemes that need help? Scroll to the third post (or click "Assistant Application and Scheme List" at the top) and you will find an assistant sign-up form that consists of six simple questions as well as a list of schemes we have up and running. All schemes are organized in how they appear on the index page and if you see a schemes name in red, then that scheme is in desperate need of help. If you see a scheme name in blue, then that scheme is brand-new.
      3. Asking questions & Reporting Scheme issues: Read the FAQ and still have questions? Or maybe you're in a scheme and your scheme leader seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, leaving the scheme to go unattended? This is the place to ask and report such things. The EH mod team will get to any and all questions you may have in the first 24 to 48 hours of your question being posted. We will deal with further issue inquiry of your complaint in the same timely manner. If you feel more comfortable reporting issues or asking questions via PM, you can do so by PMing any member of the EH mod team.
      4. Submitting Scheme Info: If you are a scheme leader, an assistant, or just an observant member and find that some of our information in the third post is outdated, then you can post here to let us know of any changes in scheme leadership or thread links. If you have created an entirely new scheme, you can also submit the proper information here if you do not see it on the list.

Thank you. We appreciate everyone who takes the time to apply and work on the AL staff team. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the schemes or assistants, please PM Ttosk or the Community Admin. We look forward to working with you.
      Last edited by Android 18; 07-08-2012 at 12:21 AM.
      Avatar made by LJ community magic_art

^ Birthday gift from Omega Persona

Re: Assistant Central: FAQ, Application and Schemes

FAQ: Assistants and Schemes

What Are Assistants?
      First and foremost, ALL staff members are regular members and as such should never hold themselves higher than any other member on the board. We exist as members with extra responsibilities to make sure AnimeLeague functions and flourishes to the best benefit of the community. Where do Assistants fit in to this picture? Well, assistants are essential to the running of AL. They are the rank between that of moderators and normal members, designed to help out with the running and maintaining of Animeleague through various activities. Anyone can apply to become an assistant, it's also a great opportunity to display that you have what it takes to be moderator. Nine times out of ten, moderators are chosen from assistants.

What Do Assistants Do?
      Assistants help AnimeLeague by aiding moderators in different sections with projects known as schemes. Each scheme is different and designed to contribute to a section to ensure it stays running properly and with ample care. To maintain an assistant status, it is imperative that you stay active in the scheme(s) you choose. You must be in AT LEAST one scheme at all times, starting from the time you are accepted as an assistant.

What Are Schemes?
      Schemes are projects designed and run by staff members that help keep AL functioning. CURRENT SCHEMES CAN BE FOUND IN THE NEXT POST. All assistants must join a scheme upon their acceptance as an assistant. There is a wide variety of schemes offered on AL and each scheme is designed differently to catch the interest of any assistant to make their job enjoyable and fun, while helping AL out. When applying to a scheme please be sure to read the conditions of the scheme carefully. Some schemes will require you to report in to your scheme leaders about your activity. Failure to meet the criteria of a scheme will result in losing your position in that scheme, and should you not participate in a scheme, you will lose your assistant status. You, of course, are free to leave schemes and join different ones at any time, just be sure to relay it to your scheme leader(s).

Can Assistants Run Schemes?
      Yes. If you have an idea for a scheme and wish to lead it (or you can even request someone else to lead it) PM Ttosk or the Community Admin to discuss your idea and to work out the details to make it possible.

What Powers Do Assistants Have?
      1. First off, assistants cannot moderate any forum. They simply just help out the Moderators of that section by PMing the Moderators of any rule breakage and tending their duties in schemes.
      2. They have the rank title of assistant, and have a different color to let other users know that they are helping out AL.
      3. Every assistant will be in regular contact with several members of staff.
      4. Assistants are more likely to eventually become moderators.
      5. Active assistants are able to be in 3 clans in Clan Nation at one time, instead of the 2 clan limit that currently exists for regular members.

How do you STAY or get REMOVED as an Assistant?
      To STAY an assistant is very simple:
      - Be active in your scheme(s)!
      - Do not break any forum or board wide rules.

To be REMOVED as an Assistant:
      - You can request at any time to be removed as an assistant and you will no longer be obligated to schemes.
      - If at any time you go inactive or fail to respond to your scheme leader if they send a PM to contact you then you may be removed for inactivity. However, if you are absent due to a holiday (etc) please just let your scheme leaders and Ttosk know in The Absences and Returns thread in Assistant Central and you will not be removed for inactivity.
      - If you break any rules and are put on a probation or banned you will lose your assistant status. After one month of coming off your probation, you may reapply for an assistant position again. Should you be removed due to rule breakage 3 times in any given period, your removal as an assistant will be permanent.
      - If for whatever reason you're gone for 21 days or more (this includes legit reasons such as holidays). If you return after this time simply PM us why you were absent and we can readd you quick and easily.
      Last edited by Ferefire; 08-10-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Assistant Application and Scheme List

APPLYING TO BE AN ASSISTANT:
      To apply, please read over the Assistant expectations to make sure you meet the criteria of becoming one, as well as filling out the assistant application. And don't worry; we believe everyone should be given an opportunity to show us what they got, so there is a very high chance that you will be accepted! Once you have thought this through, post your application in this topic. Good Luck!

EXPECTATIONS:
      1. You must have at least 50 posts to apply and be accepted as an assistant. You must also be a member on AL for at least 14 days. This is waived if you are recruited by a staff member (mod, headmod, admin).
      2. You should be able to spend an average of 4-5 hours a week on this unless you are ill, absent, or for some VALID reason cannot get online.
      3. You must be willing to participate in (at very minimum) one scheme while acting as an assistant.
      4. Make sure you can meet the obligations of the schemes you choose. Depending on what section you are working in, you may have to report into a thread, PM the head with an official report, or simply chat to them regularly over aim/msn to let them know what you're doing.
      5. If you are expected to be absent, then you must let your scheme leaders know and estimate about how long you will be absent. Holidays are fine, small breaks are fine (we can all get tired of CONSTANTLY helping out after all). Leaving and warning no one is NOT and will result in your removal for inactivity. To effectively let both your scheme leaders and Ttosk know of your absence, post in the thread located here why you'll be gone and when you expect to return.
      6. If for reasons of inactivity you get removed, we will re-add you the next time you apply provided you can give us good reasons for why you left the last time and what has changed this time. You WILL be required to re-apply in order to regain your assistant status. You can find your old sign-up form and make minor changes where needed or fill the form below out again.
      7. BE SELF MOTIVATED! You are expected to find jobs for yourself to do to fill the one hour a day. This thread contains every single job available to you to aid in as an assistant; you will be assisted from the beginning to find something suitable for you. Make sure to check this regularly.

ASSISTANT APPLICATION:
      You are required to answer every question. Schemes are listed below the application.

1. How much time a day can you put into helping out? Will this time be consistent for at least the next three months?
      - Really there isn't a "bad" answer to this. Please don't over-exaggerate thinking it'll make you look better. Just be honest. Tell us how much time you can realistically put into your work as an assistant. If you're really not sure if this time will be consistent, then say so. It won't automatically disqualify you; we just don't like people who disappear out of nowhere after saying they're sure they won't.
      2. How motivated are you towards helping out? How well do you work with others and on your own?
      - Example of a BAD answer: "Very" or "Yes". Give us a little more than a one word answer; by writing more you actually show us just how motivated you feel to become part of the team. Just be honest!
      3. Which sections of AL do you like the most? What aspects of this place do you like the most?
      - Please elaborate in your answer, -BAD answer: "I like *insert forum name here*." We need to know why you post there, and what keeps you coming back to AL? That's what we're asking.
      4. We are eager to know what you feel you can bring to our team. What do you think you personally could improve if you were made an assistant?
      - Examples of BAD answers: "I would enforce the rules.”, a general answer like 'I like AL' or 'Because I come here often' isn't acceptable. Offer two well thought out reasons as to why you think you would be a good assistant.

5. State the three top schemes you'd like to join if you become an assistant, and give solid reasons for taking each scheme.
      - Please keep in mind you are required to participate in AT LEAST ONE scheme. You cannot skip this question.

6. Referred by:
      - Were you referred by a member of staff and if so, who (being referred means you don't need a minimum number of posts/time)? If no one referred you, you can skip this question.

CURRENT SCHEMES:
      - Scheme names in
      red need more help than others.
      - Scheme names in blue are brand-new schemes.

Entrance Hall Scheme
      Click here to read about it and apply.
      Led by: Ttosk

Guardians Assistant Scheme
      Led By: Shadow‎

Welcoming Newcomers
      Led by: Deepika Sapra

Happy Birthday! Scheme
      Led by: Siegfried.

Animeleague and Event Street Team Scheme
      Led by: Siegfried.

AnimeLeague Journals Assistants Scheme
      Led by: RedHat

Clan Nation Assistant Schemes
      Led by: Kitty. and PharaohAtem

CityScape Assistant Scheme
      Led by: Darksabre

Graphics & Art Scheme
      Led by: Heartless

GFX, Avatar and Sig Request Scheme
      Led by: Alucard & Anni

Manga and Comic Artists Scheme
      Led by: Heart-chan

Literature & Writing Assistant Scheme
      Led by: Shadow‎

Manga and Comic Artists Scheme
      Led by: Heart-chan

General Discussion Scheme
      Led By: Bro Yami

Anime and Manga Assistants Scheme
      Led by: Kitty.

CL Mavericks
      Led by: Tuffin

Ramblings Scheme
      Led by: Vivix

The Entertainment Zone Scheme
      Led by: RedHat

Video Gaming Assistants
      Led by: K7Sniper

Arcade Assistant Scheme
      Led by: Bro Yami

GFX, Avatar and Sig Request Scheme
      Led by: Alucard & Anni

Animeleague Website Maintainers Scheme
      Led by: Ferefire
      Last edited by Ferefire; 08-10-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Please be patient with us while our Scheme Leaders are still putting up their schemes. ^^ Everyone should have theirs up by the end of the week - and the scheme list should be edited.

Banned
      Sigh

Country
      UK
      AL Points

When are you going to be getting the Sig Request scheme up, Sandy?

Today.

Banned
      Sigh

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Alright. Thanks.

No problem. ^^

nope.

Fussy

Country
      UK
      AL Points

ASSISTANT APPLICATION:
      You are required to answer every question. Schemes are listed below the application.
      1. How much time a day can you put into helping out? From atleast 1 hour a day to maybe 2 or 3 hours a day.

2. How motivated are you towards helping out? As motivated as i've ever been before as an assistant, only ever lacking in my work when i get busy and love helping out with reporting side of things~

3. Which sections of AL do you like the most? Ermm currently atm mainly the Alcon section for my friends, but i plan to get into the A&M and back into ALJs.

4. We are eager to know what you feel you can bring to our team. What do you think you personally could improve if you were made an assistant?
      Offer two well thought out reasons as to why you think you would be a good assistant.
      1. Done it before and can do it again.
      2. Able to spot a rule breaking post when i'm reading through.

5. State the three top schemes you'd like to join if you become an assistant, and give solid reasons for taking each scheme.
      1. ALJ's Assistant sheme cause i used to assist it before and will probably settle down in there soon.
      2.Alcon Assistant Scheme section cause i'm always in there, so if i join this scheme i'll just open my eyes to every thread rather than just the ones i'm intrested in.
      3. Guardian Scheme, did it before and found it fulfilling to help out the newcomers.

Lancer: Accepted. Welcome back to the team. ^^ You can go on ahead and sign-up for your preferred schemes. Please let myself or any other CC mod know if you have any questions or trouble.

1. How much time a day can you put into helping out? Will this time be consistent for at least the next three months?
      I can put in at least three hours a day, and yeah this will remain consistent unless something unexpectedly comes up.

2. How motivated are you towards helping out? How well do you work with others and on your own?
      I'm very motivated to helping out :3 Because I've worked as an assistant before I know what to do etc.
      I think I'm better at working on my own than with others, but I'm pretty good at both.

3. Which sections of AL do you like the most? What aspects of this place do you like the most?
      A&M continues to be one of my favourite forums because it is where my main interests lie, and I know a great deal about it and can discuss it easilly.

- Because I've had modding experience before, I know how things run etc, I'll also do my best to keep the forums I work in active.

- Please keep in mind you are required to participate in AT LEAST ONE scheme. You cannot skip this question.
      1. A&M
      2. Graphics & Art Scheme
      3. CC

6. Referred by:

...Do I count as an AL assistant, even if I only actually assist with Roleplayer's Realm? J/W
      "Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best, he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear his shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house."
      Robert A. Heinlein

Double

Cocky

Country
      Australia

Awards Showcase

AL Points

At least a couple of hours a night. This will be consistent until the end of June, after which I won't know my internet status until I actually move but I can't see it lessening. If anything I'm gonna be less likely to be able to get on WoW so it'll probably increase, lulz.
      Yes. Very.
      No, but seriously, lol. Um. I'm as motivated as needs be really - I really want my clan to take off so I figure I should probably actually... y'know... put some work in. Plus there's only so much time WoW and Facebook games can take up before they get tedious so I'm highly motivated to have some stuff to do
      CC, of course (do I really need to give a reason here? ), CL because I like the casual atmosphere and, of course, CN for my awesome pawesome clan :3
      1. Ooh, gawrsh. I could bring my experience of moderating several sections of AL to the team and utilise them to improve or work well on a variety of different schemes.
      2. I can bring my sublime awesomeness to the team, what more could you want? :p
      1. Clan Nation Assistant
      2. Newcomers Newsletter Scheme (because I have some ideas that have been knocking around in my head a while now)
      3. CC Scheme~ <3

Yeah, unsurprisingly with an influx of extra time I got bored - go figure. This will be how many applications I've made now?

Quetiz: Accepted. Welcome to the team! ^^ You can go on ahead and sign-up for your preferred schemes. If you have any questions or need any help, don't hesitate to contact any member of the CC team.

Aristocrat: Yes you do. ^^ Since you are assisting a section on the forums.

Ehryn: Accepted. Welcome back to the team! You can go on ahead and sign-up for your schemes. As you already know, don't hesitate to contact myself or any other CC mod if you have any questions or problems. ^^

Double

Cocky

Country
      Australia

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Sankyuu~

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information