Loved

Country
      Italy
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Re: [BATTLE] Lancer Vs Gogeta [VOTE!]

wow i like both...time to choose!

Goji: i really like the way you use the colours leaving green as main one.Also i really like the original structure of your sig, the composition is really well balanced. i like the typography a lot and i have nothing to complain about it. only thing i dislike is that the sig has no flow as it looks divide in two, and looking at paticular you can recognize a great work, but has a whole it's hard to focus on something.

Lancer: i really like your use of colours, you use the theme in a most traditional way and i have to say the colours sceme is amazing. i like the simple plain Background and the complex but not busy render. also like the clipping mask that looks like defragment the image, only thing is that i don't like Len face in theleft side. typography is simple but effective, and you intelligently use the green on the gray creating a beautiful touch.

all in all Lancer get my vote!

Gah this is really hard!

Lancer: I love the simplicity of the sig it shows that you know how to make something so beautiful of something so simple!
      I love the typography, how you put len sideways next to the main text, and the color variations are painstakingly amazing.
      You did something I would normally not do. which is to make the Darker color the lighting. I usually use a white or light version of the main that i use, but you showed me that you could change it up a bit, possibly something better. Your choice of a render is also perfect for these colors. Lots of applause here.

Goji!: I love the grunge in the background and the black setting you set for the pictures of Ichi, the typography is top notch and the way you used the colors provided is wonderful. The one thing i can have a little less of is the brightness of the yellow of the bottom front, if not brightness, maybe a little smaller.

Goji I love you and your artwork but my vote goes to Lancer on this one.
      [center:1yxeal87]

"Ill chase you till the end of time,
      Ill change your fact to myth.
      To all the four corners of the world, and even to the fifth.
      I do not fear my punishment by karma or by jury.
      Nor tempered nor some stroke of luck,

Can save you from my fury..."[/center:1yxeal87]
      [center:1yxeal87][dropbox:1yxeal87][option:1yxeal87]My bakas =][/option:1yxeal87]
      [option:1yxeal87]one_armed_scissor = nom and glomp buddy =][/option:1yxeal87]
      [option:1yxeal87]Anni = Biggest supporter and favorite nee-chan[/option:1yxeal87]
      [option:1yxeal87]Gogeta = Favorite mod, and GFX sensei![/option:1yxeal87]
      [option:1yxeal87]Akira = Gamer buddie![/option:1yxeal87]
      [option:1yxeal87]Havok = Kawaii Love buddie *wink*[/option:1yxeal87]

[option:1yxeal87]Starting a new dropbox of peoples![/option:1yxeal87][/dropbox:1yxeal87][/center:1yxeal87]

my photoshop graphics album

zzzz

Country
      UK
      Array
      Credits

Sorry for going off topic but is this still safe to vote?

If it is , I'll edit this post.

Yup it's still safe to vote

Gogeta:
      This is a really nice piece - I love how you've got three images rather than just the one, as it spreads the focus and makes you take in the whole image when you look at it. I'm not a huge fan of the turquoise light at the bottom - it might have worked better if you had brought the stock on top of that so that it wasn't hidden. The orange brushwork is nice, but again, hidden by the turquoise. I get that you were trying to incorporate the colours in the colour pallette, but I think it might have worked better with the black and white background if you'd added the colours as bold brushes or maybe as a layer over your lovely lady's images. As it is, it just seems a little clustered and stuck-together.

Lancer:
      Another really nice piece The use of clipping masks is a cool touch as it adds a bit of texture to the sig. I would have liked to see something more in the background, but that's just my personal taste. The typography is nice, though with the size of the sig, you could possibly have done something a little more adventurous.

This is a toughie >.< But I think my vote is going to go to Gogeta.

Lancer - 3

Gogeta - 2

Random by default

Loved

Country
      Italy
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos
      Sorry for going off topic but is this still safe to vote?

If it is , I'll edit this post.
      yes it is Zelos, you can edit your vote!!

I miss AL

Cocky

Country
      India
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Thanx Faye I didnt think more widely with the color palette in question

<.< i n e e d a G F X c h a l l e n g e >.>

zzzz

Country
      UK
      Array
      Credits

I'll make a new post instead since its easier to see, you can delete my previous one ^^

Lancer:

At first glance, I thought how good this sig is made until i compared it closely. Although you match the color palette remarkably well, i just feel as though your piece is too simple. I'm a fan of Clipping-mask style but that alone in a piece isn't enough to fill in the missing blank spots in your piece and the technique isn't relatively hard to do, just a gradient background without any textures or flow in the piece, especially in area 1 and 3.... just too many blank spots.

The slight lighting in area 2 doesn't give much of a focus point and wide-film type of border would of bought out the piece more if you used a different color, like white or maybe turquoise to match the text.

I feel you could of done a whole lot more to this with better lighting , textures and adding different elements into the piece eg: glow/brushes/blur/sharpness and blending the image appropriately rather than having it look like its just place there.

Anyone can just make a sig look good by using a good stock, but to make something into your own style using variety of technique and resources is hard, and you didn't particularly show any of it.

Gogeta:

This piece is without a doubt one of my favorites that you've made and it can't be any better.

To start, the way you manage to match the blur and sharpness of the piece is perfect, especially in the Area Number 1 and 2, leaving area 3 as a flow point where everything comes together and flowing out without disrupting the image and outer textures. Noticeable thing about this sig is the fact that you somehow manage to match 3 different style and 4/5 different colors as a main into 1 whole image without messing up, and making use of every area in the sig.

apart from everything else only thing i can see that doesn't really fit in is the always & forever text, I think a different font style would suit better but maybe that's just me.

To be able to make something that can't be copied and bringing out your own style is a GFXer's pride.

Having shown such incredible technique and tools/resources used in the sig.... with that i have to say Gogeta gets my vote.

PS: Excuse me editing your work since i find that this way is easier to point out what i mean.

Tequila Mockingbird

Cocky

Country
      Ireland
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Gogeta - 3

Lancer - 3

tough battle

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
      don't forget to tell Zen your safe-word. totally spoils the mood when someone's screaming "blueberry pancakes!" mid-flogging and you've no idea why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Noirre
      Maybe with some co-operating we can make L&W a place that has two rivers of rum running through itů since vodka is taken.

I miss AL

Cocky

Country
      India
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by [color=#40BFFF
      Zelos[/color]]To start, the way you manage to match the blur and sharpness of the piece is perfect, especially in the Area Number 1 and 2, leaving area 3 as a flow point where everything comes together and flowing out without disrupting the image and outer textures.
      It reasons like this makes me feel your a good connoisseur and artist and forces me to request you to stay in the section ^^

Zelos[/color]]apart from everything else only thing i can see that doesn't really fit in is the always & forever text, I think a different font style would suit better but maybe that's just me.
      Now that you mention it , I too agree it looks add and a bit too unnecessary . I wanted to use "always & forever" coz thats what my gf keeps saying and the girl in the sig is actually my gf ........ aside from that , I think put it there because I had no other place to put it and just got lazy to find some other way . But really thanx for pointing it out , I'll try not to repeat it

Zelos[/color]]To be able to make something that can't be copied and bringing out your own style is a GFXer's pride.
      Hearing such a comment from a veteran artist like you makes me more proud now . Thanx

Zelos[/color]]PS: Excuse me editing your work since i find that this way is easier to point out what i mean.
      I could never mind that from you . So dont embarrass me by saying so ^^ . It shows how serious and enthusiastic for your CnC;s

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Gogeta: Your piece matches the theme pretty well and the placement of everything looks good. The typography looks perfect in both placement and style. The background has a great texture and feel to it, allowing the images in the foreground to stand out in comparison, yet still remain noticeable. The brushwork at the bottom of the piece looks fine, yet the orange highlights/glares are somewhat outta place and they really stand out when compared to the rest of the piece (and it's not for the better). Overall, it's not a bad piece, but I feel that the orange highlights really detract from the potential.

Lancer: Everything looks pretty well balanced throughout the piece and the piece matches the theme pretty well, but it still feels slightly empty. A little pizazz would have been nice in the background, but simple is always good. The typography is somewhat boring seeing as it had so much potential, but the placement works pretty well. Pretty good, overall.

Tough choice for me, but Gogeta gmv

Tequila Mockingbird

Cocky

Country
      Ireland
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Gogeta - 4

Lancer - 3

don't forget to tell Zen your safe-word. totally spoils the mood when someone's screaming "blueberry pancakes!" mid-flogging and you've no idea why.
      Maybe with some co-operating we can make L&W a place that has two rivers of rum running through itů since vodka is taken.

Banned
      Fuck you all :)

Fussy

Country
      UK
      Array
      Credits

I almost want to say this will be a close battle though i know gogi did well in this one.
      i guess i should give thanks to all my current voters and i'll take some of the CnC into account.
      so thanks :3

I miss AL

Cocky

Country
      India
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Thank you Rishii
      And you made nice piece this Lance , so you deserve the votes ^^

Fucknuggets

zzzz

Country
      Afghanistan
      Array
      Credits

Gogeta: I agree with Zen about this being one of your better sigs. However, the flow of the signature seems to be interrupted by the spatter brush you threw in. What's with the background that's full of dots, or bubbles, or whatever that is? Last thing, I'm not a fan of sigs centered around love or other emotion, and either the text or the subject doesn't connect clearly. I see a girl, smiling, yes, but I don't really see love here. I just see a girl smiling. Could it be love? Yes. Is it clear? No.

Lancer: I like the way the colors here go together without being what could have become an eyesore. Good work with that. What I didn't like was the use of the subject in the brush scatter. IT was executed well, however, and that's what should matter.

Gogeta gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by radical ed View Post
      sans-sarif shakur allah akhbar
      Signature by Radical Ed the Zombie Queen

Tequila Mockingbird

Cocky

Country
      Ireland
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Gogeta - 5

Lancer - 3

That means Gogeta is the winner!

Congratulations to both participants.

I'll be PMing you both with the results.

-locks-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information