• Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

<span style="font-weight:bold; color:#FF90FF; ">Glorious Disaster</span>
      Country
      blank

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Re: Sanctuary Lounge (Spam & Chat Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Norwaven View Post
      I'm not familiar with Exalted, a quick search tells me it's a whitewolf system. I've played Masquerade briefly so I'm familiar with the system. It's a well thought out one, and I've liked it. I'm guessing Exalted is more of a high fantasy system type of play. I've looked into mages of the whitewolf system too, and I didn't care for the magic system. So I'd hope they did something to fix it, I felt it left things too wide open to keep a game balanced.
      It's more mythic fantasy than high fantasy - your starting character is a reborn god-king from another age. It can be a bit techinical at times, and it's got an interesting initiative system, but I find it rather fun. Mage is very open, but I've not found it too unbalanced at lower power levels because of the GM's ability to set the difficulties.
      After the Sorcerer Kings sounds like quite an intriguing title. Just like a RP I'd enjoy to play. Could you tell me more about it?
      After the Sorcerer Kings is a ludicrously overpowered, largely freeform game about actual god-kings who have reawakened in a world that has taken their technologies and built a civilisation from them. There are two Sorcerers, and a Chronicler. The Sorcerers have huge lattitude to change what's happening in the setting, casting spells of immense power, the Chronicler has the ability to change what was there before they arrived, introducing customs, facts, and other lore. It took a little while to click but it's working pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by MissPurple View Post
      It's more mythic fantasy than high fantasy - your starting character is a reborn god-king from another age. It can be a bit techinical at times, and it's got an interesting initiative system, but I find it rather fun. Mage is very open, but I've not found it too unbalanced at lower power levels because of the GM's ability to set the difficulties.
      That's quite interesting, I'll need to look more into that game system. That's a unique idea of a roleplaying system others lack.

After the Sorcerer Kings is a ludicrously overpowered, largely freeform game about actual god-kings who have reawakened in a world that has taken their technologies and built a civilisation from them. There are two Sorcerers, and a Chronicler. The Sorcerers have huge lattitude to change what's happening in the setting, casting spells of immense power, the Chronicler has the ability to change what was there before they arrived, introducing customs, facts, and other lore. It took a little while to click but it's working pretty well.
      That sounds like fun and possibly a bit difficult to keep balance at times.

I'm glad your time and effort in putting it together is working out.

Country
      blank

Awards Showcase

AL Points

That sounds like fun and possibly a bit difficult to keep balance at times.
      Thankfully it's a group that cares little for balance.

Head Moderator
      The duel is over your soul belongs to me

Innocent

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Hi everyone can't wait for the book Archangel's Viper by Nalini Singh to come out, wish the time would go faster so I can read it ugh.

The Pikachu Squade Needs You: Come Join Here

Thankfully it's a group that cares little for balance.
      It's the perfect game xD

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohAtem View Post
      Hi everyone can't wait for the book Archangel's Viper by Nalini Singh to come out, wish the time would go faster so I can read it ugh.
      I've never read any books by Nalini Singh, I'm assuming they're good, so what kind of books does Nalini write?

All But Forgotten
      Killing It

Cool

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Mage is very open, but I've not found it too unbalanced at lower power levels because of the GM's ability to set the difficulties.
      I played Mage: the Awakening a few years back and it was amazing. It helped that out GM was one of the best I've ever had, but I think it would have been fun anyway. I like the profanity and disbelief aspects to spells sting.

Head Moderator

Innocent

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

It's the perfect game xD

I've never read any books by Nalini Singh, I'm assuming they're good, so what kind of books does Nalini write?
      The first series that I read by her I'm still reading and her newest books come out on the 27th is the Guild Hunters Series. It's about the world being run by archangels who are the strongest and the angels and the vampires underneath them and only angels can make vampires but they can't without the ten archangels that rule. Then there are the humans that live in their light. It's roughly around two maine characters Rapheal the Archangel of North America and Elenah who's a guild hunter a person that tracks down roague vampires that decided to escepe there 100 year contract and bring them to whatever angel they belong too. There's about 10 books in the series right now with the 11th on the way.

The other series that I read just because I wanted to see what other books she had written is the Psy=Changling serie which are you know human and animal and their individual stories from different groups like leopards, wolves and now there are polar bears as well. She's written a lot in that sweries about 16 in the The Psy/Changeling Series and 1 in the The Psy/Changeling Trinity Series which are new characters that are still partially connected to the old that say there children are growing up you know a continuouance to a series but in a different area, mostly it's been in the us now it's in russia. It's kinda tied in a way.

King of Thwacks
      No one is immune to my Thwacking power!

Shy

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

You all have me completely lost
      Lunatica Two Dreamers Lyrics--->You've always had the gift to make people smile. You rest inside yourself so naturally. Maybe sometimes you are far too sensitive, you know? But that's why you mean so much to me!!You helped me to believe that there's nothing that's impossible. You always knew that dreams are made for living them each day. You get what you deserve, that's an old law and the simple truth. If someone knows your deepest thoughts there's nothing more to say!! Your eyes are curious and so is your mind! You want to understand the nature of all things. You're such an artist in everything you do. It is a blessing to be loved by you!!! You helped me to believe that there's nothing that's impossible. You always knew that dreams are made for living them each day. You get what you deserve, that's an old law and the simple truth. If someone knows your deepest thoughts there's nothing more to say!!

Head Moderator

Innocent

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

I was talked no about books if that helps

King of Thwacks

Shy

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

I'm just saying that you all lost me from talking about board games to talking about books. This is technically a spam thread, hehe
      Lunatica Two Dreamers Lyrics--->You've always had the gift to make people smile. You rest inside yourself so naturally. Maybe sometimes you are far too sensitive, you know? But that's why you mean so much to me!!You helped me to believe that there's nothing that's impossible. You always knew that dreams are made for living them each day. You get what you deserve, that's an old law and the simple truth. If someone knows your deepest thoughts there's nothing more to say!! Your eyes are curious and so is your mind! You want to understand the nature of all things. You're such an artist in everything you do. It is a blessing to be loved by you!!! You helped me to believe that there's nothing that's impossible. You always knew that dreams are made for living them each day. You get what you deserve, that's an old law and the simple truth. If someone knows your deepest thoughts there's nothing more to say!!

All But Forgotten
      Killing It

Cool

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Well, technically they were tabletop RPGs, which is a slight but very important distinction.

Speaking of, has anyone else here tried Numenera? I played with Zach (@Orange ), but I don't know if anyone else has.

King of Thwacks

Shy

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

All I know is that I have been playing Destiny 2 lately. I won't be able to play it again until I have actual internet, I've been using my mobile plans shared data lasted from last saturday to today. But yeah I should have a computer and actual internet in the next couple weeks.

Country
      blank

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
      Speaking of, has anyone else here tried Numenera?
      I've played it. It's a nice system, though I'm not entirely enamoured of class systems in general I do love the open ended skills, the effort mechanic, and experience gaining and spending.
      We did one of the published campaigns, and for a game where Monte Cook spent so long stressing how open the world is it was a disappointingly railroaded, rather standard-D&D-style adventure. Given that it was Monte himself who wrote it, it was rather strange.
      Still like the idea of the game, however, and I need to make time to play the Torment game set in the world.

All But Forgotten
      Killing It

Cool

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

I don't think you can judge how expansive a game is from a canned campaign; by definition, a canned campaign is going to guide you down a given path. That's literally what it is.

I really enjoyed it. Tech as magic was really cool to me, and I loved the effort mechanic, as you do.

That said, I still quite like D&D/Pathfinder's more rigid and robust system. It's my go to, and the wicket by which I measure other systems.

Country
      blank

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
      I don't think you can judge how expansive a game is from a canned campaign; by definition, a canned campaign is going to guide you down a given path. That's literally what it is.
      I'm not doing so, I'm just judging the canned campaign. I found it badly conceived in that it seemed to be at odds with the themes of the game itself, despite having the same writer!

That said, I still quite like D&D/Pathfinder's more rigid and robust system.
      That rigidity leads to far too many cases where the dictates of the system are at odds with the logic of the fiction, IME. Plus the sheer disparity in utility between a well-constructed and poorly-constructed character makes many interesting ideas unfeasible.
      I don't think it's a great roleplaying game for those reason (as well as a few others). I've still had fun playing and running it, however. System mastery can be a fun metagame, which is one of the reasons I enjoy Exalted.

I might get chance to run some more Legends of the Wulin next week, or test my Unknown Armies scenario for Dragonmeet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information