• zzzz
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

9/23 Nvr 4get

Amused

Country
      Puertorico

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Cosplay Q&A Session Featuring: Mohrigan Cosplay!! [Questions close Sunday 11pm EST]

About Mohrigan

Started cosplaying: 2007

Mohrigan has been creating her own cosplaying since 2011. Since then she has done numerous cosplays involving armory and props. Currently lives in Virginia, United States. Besides cosplaying and crafting, her other hobbies include graphic design and gaming. You can often find her streaming in her Twitch channel be it a live game or her cosplay progress. She is also a dog sitter and during the stream you may see those cute little faces walking around or sleeping.

Channel: www.twitch.tv/mohrigan

Protocol:

For the next 4 days everyone is open to ask their questions. You can make multiple posts if you want (as long as its not double posting). It can be about cosplay, hobbies, games, advice, etc. Try not to go into too personal details. Remember, this is a cosplay interview primarily, not an interrogation phase. After the 4 days have passed, Mohrigan will come and answer your questions. The reason its this way is because due to the time difference is possible not everyone will coincide if the session is done live. Therefor, by doing it like this everyone can throw their two cents and it will be easier for Mohrigan to come and answer since she has a busy schedule. This shall be the standard protocol for every session done until further notice.

Rules:
      - Be respectful
      - Be respectful
      - And be respectful.

Any inappropriate questions will be deleted. That said, HAVE FUN AND ASK AWAY!!!

@DaddyCool @Chlobo @Chibi Angel @Kawaiiju cosplay @Pixie_mistify @JakeTheWeeb @woostersauce @Lithiak @Sansanvi @Storyteller
      If I miss anyone, tag them for me.
      Last edited by Vivix; 03-02-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Assistant
      carved my kindred bow, i'm so in the zone!

Awesome

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Cosplay Q&A Session Featuring: Mohrigan Cosplay!! [Questions close Sunday 11pm ES

hey there! love your cosplays just a quick two questions from me
      1. does it get easier to make armor over time? as i started this year and watching others on youtube etc they make it look soooo easy and i mess up mine and have to re-do parts a lot.
      2. when making armor do you still have times where you get really frustrated if something doesn't turn out right? as i've has 3 meltdowns just because my straps kept breaking :') i was just wondering is it still frustrating when you get to a expert level of cosplaying like you are?

many thanks ^^
      pixie x

I love the fact my Skype works when it wants.

Horny

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Re: Cosplay Q&A Session Featuring: Mohrigan Cosplay!! [Questions close Sunday 11pm ES

Just a quick question what was your favourite cosplay to make?

Head Moderator
      TAKE THAT!

Content

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

What inspired you to cosplay?
      What was your favourite cosplay moment?
      What are your cosplay plans for the future?

9/23 Nvr 4get

Amused

Country
      Puertorico

Awards Showcase

AL Points

1. What has been your most challenging cosplay?

2. Best cosplay experience

3. Whose work do you look up to or motivates you to step it up as a cosplayer?

4. What advice could you give to those who would like to make an armored cosplay?

There is only one chance in life

Horny

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Hey glad to have you here Mohrigan

So my question is about adding electronics to armor props and how to integrate them in the armor.
      What material would you recommend and how would you install them?
      I have watched some tutorials and looked at materials to use but with so much info out there its hard to know what to go with.

What I am thinking is making a gauntlet with inbuilt speakers attacked to an mp3 so I can rock some star war songs while I duel and show off at conventions

How do you plan out your cosplay builds? where do you start?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_mistify View Post
      hey there! love your cosplays just a quick two questions from me
      1. does it get easier to make armor over time? as i started this year and watching others on youtube etc they make it look soooo easy and i mess up mine and have to re-do parts a lot.
      2. when making armor do you still have times where you get really frustrated if something doesn't turn out right? as i've has 3 meltdowns just because my straps kept breaking :') i was just wondering is it still frustrating when you get to a expert level of cosplaying like you are?

many thanks ^^
      pixie x
      Thank you so much!!

1. Yes! It will turn easier and easier, what I like to do is make patterns and save them for a future cosplay. I've been using 1 pattern for at least 3 different projects, I just make a basic one then I modify if i need to in my next project!

2. Totally, I say is pretty normal to get frustrated because is part of the process and more if you trying new things you haven't done before! I also had meltdowns as well with about 3 of my cosplay just because trying to figure out how to do it and takes many tries. What I do if not working what I'm doing I take a break from that piece and start working in another piece and leave that one for the end!

@Pixie_mistify
      Last edited by Vivix; 03-03-2017 at 01:54 AM.

I reply as a quote sorry!! New to this site XD but just in case I'll paste it here!

Thank you so much!!

1. Yes! It will turn easier and easier, what I like to do is make patterns and save them for a future cosplay. I've been using 1 pattern for at least 3 different projects, I just make a basic one then I modify if i need to in my next project!

2. Totally, I say is pretty normal to get frustrated because is part of the process and more if you trying new things you haven't done before! I also had meltdowns as well with about 3 of my cosplay just because trying to figure out how to do it and takes many tries. What I do if not working what I'm doing I take a break from that piece and start working in another piece and leave that one for the end!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCool View Post
      Just a quick question what was your favourite cosplay to make?
      Gotta say Noxus Poppy! and Kotal Khan

@DaddyCool

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
      What inspired you to cosplay?
      What was your favourite cosplay moment?
      What are your cosplay plans for the future?
      1. I always wanted to be a costume maker or prop maker and I didn't know cons existed back then till my friend told me about it and invited me to assist him with a table! After that I fell in love with it and wanted to go more and more since I though I only have the opportunity to dress up in Halloween but I couldn't because my parents wont let me dress up because we were christians and they were very strict about it. After that one I assisted to couple more but I bought the cosplays, for the next con after that I didn't have money so I tried making my 1st costume which was cubone and for my surprise people loved it so much! That's what made me more motivated and made me challenge myself for new and bigger projects !

2. My favorite cosplay moment was when Kamui copsplay picked me as one of her favorite cosplayers in Montreal Comic Com! I Was shocked! but made me feel so happy and boosted my motivation since shes my top inspiration!

3.My cosplays plan for the future are keep growing and learning more and more so each year I can do my cosplays with better quality and techniques. I pick my cosplays because I love the character of course but also look something on them that I haven't tried yet that I would love to learn! for example with my noxus poppy was the chest piece and the big prop, with kotal khan was the helmet, with redeemer were the huge wings and etc.

@Chlobo

Quote Originally Posted by Vivix View Post
      1. What has been your most challenging cosplay?

2. Best cosplay experience

3. Whose work do you look up to or motivates you to step it up as a cosplayer?

4. What advice could you give to those who would like to make an armored cosplay?
      1. Most challenging cosplay is Noxus Poppy! It really gave me a headache trying to figure patterns XD

2. My favorite cosplay moment was when Kamui copsplay picked me as one of her favorite cosplayers in Montreal Comic Com! I Was shocked! but made me feel so happy and boosted my motivation since shes my top inspiration!

3. I follow A LOT of cosplayers that I really admire their work and since I learn from them too! what most keep me motivated are my followers and poeple who admire my work and express how much they love my work! and the most is when people message me on my page saying how much I have helped them with my tutorials and they send me pics of the work they have done with my help! That motivates me so much and makes me smile! I love knowing that I can help people to make their confidence in making a cosplay because they though before it was too hard for them! But as my top motivations cosplayers are Kamui cosplay, alyson tabbitha, the egg sisters, evil ted smith , danielle beaulieu and many more!

4. My advice is have a lot of patience , read a lot of tutorials , watch tutorial videos , ask questions if you have to to someone who is experienced with it, make researches , follow forums liek rpf or page with WIPs and try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Storyteller View Post
      Hey glad to have you here Mohrigan

So my question is about adding electronics to armor props and how to integrate them in the armor.
      What material would you recommend and how would you install them?
      I have watched some tutorials and looked at materials to use but with so much info out there its hard to know what to go with.

What I am thinking is making a gauntlet with inbuilt speakers attacked to an mp3 so I can rock some star war songs while I duel and show off at conventions

How do you plan out your cosplay builds? where do you start?
      Thank you

1.I honestly don't have any experience in that area sadly :c. I have only tried with simple LED and that all.
      2.I make sketches and plans with what materials I'm gonna use and how I'm going to attach each piece, I also make an estimate how much I'll need with the app cosplay planner!

@Storyteller

9/23 Nvr 4get

Amused

Country
      Puertorico

Awards Showcase

AL Points

What is your cosplay dream? That one cosplay that will be your biggest milestone as a cosplayer.

Head Moderator
      TAKE THAT!

Content

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

How many cons do you go to on average per year?

Do you cosplay at every con?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivix View Post
      What is your cosplay dream? That one cosplay that will be your biggest milestone as a cosplayer.
      my cosplay dream is hards to pick since I have so many and I keep adding ahahah but I'll include it for my milestone that will be something bi as reinhard from overwatch or the new hero orisa from the same game (more like mecha related)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information