• Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz

Food at the LAGC

Food at the LAGC
      Hi Everyone

I am taking my daughter to the con for the first time (it is the first time for me too) and she is so excited.

She is quite a fussy eater. I am confused as on the LAGC website under FAQs it indicates the following at this link
      http://winter.londonanimecon.com/faq.php#general
      Q - Am I allowed to bring food and drink in?
      The convention has a licensed bar in it, and as such bringing in any drink whether alcoholic or not is disallowed. The bringing in of hot food is also disallowed. You are allowed to bring in cold food.

But on the email, which gives you access to your ticket the following is written.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

The venue does not allow outside food or drink to be bought in. Please do not bring food or drink along, or you won't be allowed in until it has been removed. There is food and drink served at the downstairs bar, and you can ask for free water from the bar.

Which is correct, can I bring in cold food or not?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Wibbly~Wobbly
      Procrastination Level - Godly

Awesome

Country
      UK

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: Food at the LAGC

Hi,

I appreciate it's a bit late, but being at the event the staff have limited time to access forums/emails.

Cold food is permitted. Wording in the email is generic/ from previous events where no food at all was permitted (except for vendors/crew who can't freely leave to get food. It is because of this that it's been extended to allow attendees too to make it quicker to bag check/ get people in the doors, though if it gets excessive it may end up a complete ban again for attendees.)

Drinks are not permitted still (A specific exception is made by the venue for crew's soft drinks, as crew can't pop out as/when they want to get something, and the stock is monitored by the venue)

Creative Arts & Writing - You should go here!
      You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Thread Information