• Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Why not?

@zoop
      what is your favourite dish to make(healthy wise) but also the one you have the most fun with. because that is also important to have.
      as for myself i don really have a favorite style but lately i like making sushi and other very clean tasting dishes

Quote Originally Posted by Thaquiry View Post
      @zoop
      what is your favourite dish to make(healthy wise) but also the one you have the most fun with. because that is also important to have.
      as for myself i don really have a favorite style but lately i like making sushi and other very clean tasting dishes
      Hm... I occasionally make slow cooked sort-of-Mexican-inspired shredded chicken using skinless white meat cooked with a bunch of spices and veggies. I often use it with various greens and carrots to make chicken salads, using tomato salsa in place of regular salad dressing. Makes for a very light, but flavorful meal. The meat is also good in tacos, burritos, sandwiches, and similar things as well, which works out very nicely!

You know, I've never actually thought much about homemade sushi! I love the stuff though, so I should definitely give it a try. Sadly Asian food in general isn't something I've really gotten into in terms of cooking, though I've been doing some research on how to make good quality ramen broth at home recently... the amount of work involved is utterly absurd, but I may give it a shot at some point. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by zoop View Post

Food is lovely! I only got started with cooking relatively recently though, to be completely honest - I used to be absolutely convinced that I was hopeless at it, in fact!

In the end, I started with really simple slow cooker dishes, which can be super super easy to prepare, and turn out surprisingly well! It's a great way to make some really quick and easy shredded beef or chicken for burritos or tacos, before graduating up to more complicated methods.

As far as things to show off go, I think the shortcake is probably the prettiest thing I do, the sweet biscuits I make for it are kind of cute in a foodish sort of way, especially after they're topped with macerated strawberries and have a decent bit of bright red strawberry sauce made from reducing two pounds of the stuff down into a cup or two's worth of syrup. Top it with some freshly whipped cream, and it's basically a NSFW sight to behold.

With that said though, it is dreadfully unhealthy. Which is why I typically prepare it for other people without having any myself. ^^;
      Jeebus...I'm going to go find something very unhealthy to eat now to subside this hunger for all of the stuff you just mentioned. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Fairy View Post
      Jeebus...I'm going to go find something very unhealthy to eat now to subside this hunger for all of the stuff you just mentioned. xD
      I'm happy to have inspired you toward the path of greatness! Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with.

@zoop : the most fun thing about asian cooking is that it also takes time,
      it can be made into a slow cooker pretty easy.
      beef rendang is for example a dish that needs a lot of time to prepare.

3 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-2-inch pieces (I use a chuck roast & cut it up)
      8 red chilies, stemmed and coarsely chopped (you can take out the seeds to reduce the heat level)
      1⁄2 small onion, chopped
      2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
      3 garlic cloves, chopped
      1 stalk lemongrass, tough outer layers removed, tender insides finely sliced
      1⁄3 cup tamarind paste (combined with 1/3 cup warm water)
      1 teaspoon ground cumin
      1 teaspoon ground coriander
      1 teaspoon ground turmeric
      1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (ground chiles, not the chili pepper spice blend)
      1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
      2 teaspoons sugar
      salt

The King has returned.

Bitey

Country
      USA

Awards Showcase

AL Points

I'm a little late getting in here but welcome again!

I'm sure you've had enough offers for help with any of your needs so if you just want a friend by all means I can be that.

Hope you have found everything okay!
      Sig set compliments of Kitty

Laughing

Country
      Portugal

Awards Showcase

AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by zoop View Post

I will try not to disappoint!
      Do not worry about it, as long as you have fun in here is all that matters.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━ι

Amused

Country
      Poland
      AL Points

Join us on chat! and have plenty of fun meeting new people.
      as well I start new group focusing on chat life~
      http://www.animeleague.net/forum/sho...48#post4277048

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information